This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Anti Asuran Thread

I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replicators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.

Just thought id get this out there seeing as i forgot to put it in the title,

1) This thread is for complaints only no pro asurans please.
    2) No pro asurans to keep the trash talk away, thanks
    Last edited by marty2006; 08 April 2007, 07:20 PM.

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
    I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replecators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.
    The Asurans are replicators (sorry, they are, to those that scream NO! but if the writers and producers call 'em that, if anti-replicator guns dismantle them, they're replicators). They ARE boring villians, inasmuch as the Ori are as well. There's no passion with these villians, which makes them dull. No, please get back to the wraith.

I'm tired of SG1 villiains/plots being dumped on SGA.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
      The Asurans are replicators (sorry, they are, to those that scream NO! but if the writers and producers call 'em that, if anti-replicator guns dismantle them, they're replicators). They ARE boring villians, inasmuch as the Ori are as well. There's no passion with these villians, which makes them dull. No, please get back to the wraith.

I'm tired of SG1 villiains/plots being dumped on SGA.
      I totally agree man
      Last edited by marty2006; 08 April 2007, 05:25 PM.

Comment

I think TPTB used the Asurans as an explanation to how the Replicators in the MW came to be. If you are gunna make a race of being that are exactly like the Ancients but they are evil - you may have well had another version of the Ori except without the Religious element
        sigpic
        Spoiler:
        President of the 'AFTU Writers Association'
        President of the 'Count to 15,000 Legends' club
        Forum Charmer
        Forum Ambassador
        Prince of The Hugglings

CURA STORY LINE, ATFU Pg 53 - Pg 804 (751pages)
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT1, AFTU Pg 804 - 912
        VAMPIRE STORYLINE PT 2, AFTU - Pg 855

Comment

The origins of the replicators could have been explained in one episode dude instead of having an entire enemy made out of them in the pegasus i mean they have already been dealt with, the enemy didnt have to be as powerful as the ancients i mean it doesnt take alot of advancement to be more powerful than us
          Spoiler:
          pre-unending even still its not like we will utilise all the asgard tech for a really loong time
          so it could have simply been a less advanced enemy yet much more powerful than us.

Comment

The origins of the replicators could have been explained in one episode dude instead of having an entire enemy made out of them in the pegasus i mean they have already been dealt with, the enemy didnt have to be as powerful as the ancients i mean it doesnt take alot of advancement to be more powerful than us
            Spoiler:
            pre-unending even still its not like we will utilise all the asgard tech for a really loong time
            so it could have simply been a less advanced enemy yet much more powerful than us.
            I agree.

The Asurans could of been actual Ancients that had left the Alteran civilisation rather then replicators. That would give it more of the shock factor IMO
            sigpic
            Spoiler:
            Forum Charmer
            Forum Ambassador
            Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

but you have to think now

season 10 of sg1 and season 3 of atlantis are basically runnin along the same time line

now with one ship with asgard tech onboard at the end of season 10 of sg1 they can basically do a whole lot of upgrades on all ships and with carters brain

and rodneys too
              they can basically do what they like

now i want to see alot more of the wraith in season 4
              i mean it took a few seasons for the goauld to be defeated they writers never 4got them
              get rid of silly villains like the dull asurans.

just one idea though
              i do hope the crew onboard they new ship get suckd into a wormhole to ori space
              and they win the day but lose the ship
              that ship is too powerful
              they either keep the database but lose the ship in my opinion

Comment

Through out the whole entire time from when the replicators were intraduced to when we found out the ancients knew about them to when they were destroyed, people were wondering where they came from. and for years people asked questions, and now that people know and they are an enemy again in their "true form" people wont stop complaining! im sick of that. To me the wraith wouldnt have been good as an enemy for a long amount of time without a new enemy being intraduced. I mean, the writers gave us a few one episode enemies but nothing long term, and thats why its annoying that now that theres a new enemy that could prolong the length of time the wraith are around that people wont stop complaining. ITS ANNOYING PLEASE STOP.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Iambob View Post
                  Through out the whole entire time from when the replicators were intraduced to when we found out the ancients knew about them to when they were destroyed, people were wondering where they came from. and for years people asked questions, and now that people know and they are an enemy again in their "true form" people wont stop complaining! im sick of that. To me the wraith wouldnt have been good as an enemy for a long amount of time without a new enemy being intraduced. I mean, the writers gave us a few one episode enemies but nothing long term, and thats why its annoying that now that theres a new enemy that could prolong the length of time the wraith are around that people wont stop complaining. ITS ANNOYING PLEASE STOP.
                  I see where your coming from but I think if you want to people to stop then you should post a 'Pro Asuran Thread' for people who are pro Asurans. This thread - although granted it is not stated - is for people who are Anti Asurans and so your post doesn't really belong here

Sorry I don't want to sound horrible but the MODs are very strict when it comes to being On Topic
                  sigpic
                  Spoiler:
                  Forum Charmer
                  Forum Ambassador
                  Prince of The Hugglings

Comment

When I heard about the Asurans I too was really disappointed that they were Replicators. To have them as an offshoot of the Ancients would have been awesome. I hate replicators, I just don't like them.
                    sigpic
                    If ignorance is bliss why aren't there more happy people?
                    I love you like a fat kid loves cake: you were great at the time but you ruined high school for me.

Comment

I don't like the Asurans either - IMO they're more boring than the Ori. If they keep them as a background enemy it might not be so bad, but as a main enemy....Sorry, just really not excited about that idea. I think the Wraith are much more interesting.
                      - Life after Stargate -
                      Agent Carter * Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. * The Blacklist * Castle * Elementary * Grimm
                      Hawaii Five-0 * The Mentalist * NCIS * NCIS:LA * Once Upon a Time * Rizzoli & Isles
                      sigpic

Comment

a little off topic maybe, but if the replicators in sg1 were only little bugs, and only evolved to be human form after they sped up the time dilation field the Asgard put there, then why or how did they become so de-volved from the asurans? and not only that, but there is an ep thats quite early in from the start, where they find a robot of a girl from and advanced planet, and it describes how she creates replicators. she is no a replicator, but she can make them as her "toys". its hard to explain, watch the episode to get more of an idea of what im talking about

Comment

I'm in complete agreement.

the Asurans have to be the most ridiculous enemy ever, they have no purpose no spirit and no potential.
                          even the old block replicators were more interesting, I mean at least they had a purpose.
                          but the most boring thing about the Asurans is they have the same technology appearance and culture as the Lantians.

so after three seasons we still have a galaxy with only three types of technology (Lantian/Wraith/Tauri) and only three types of cultures (Lantian/Wraith/Medieval village).

I have to admit in the first season I was very intrigued about that mysterious nanovirus race, but not in a million years did I expect it to turn out so badly.

Comment

Totally, quick elimination of the asurans is required.
                            Last edited by marty2006; 08 April 2007, 05:26 PM.

Comment

I think they are a boring enemy hopfully they will be dealt with sooner rather than later. I mean we have dealt with the replicators in sg1 and now we have to deal with them all over again i just feel they could have introduced a different enemy separate from sg1. Also i would love to see more of the wraith is s4. Your thoughts please.
                              I don't want to see the Asurans totally gone, but would like to see much much less of them. Maybe once every session. (Or none for one session)

It's good that we now know the Origin of the Replicators in the MW but it would be nice to know who built the Android Reese once and for all.

More Wraith please. And one Asgard ship in the PG anytime soon would be Nice

For Wraith, hunger burns like a fire.

Tell me, Sheppard, if you found yourself burning alive, would you settle for just one drop of water ...

....... or would you take more?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X