Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving the Asguard. (Spoliers)

Greetings,

There have been people who want the Asguard brought back if possible, and I must admit that I would want it as well. So I have been thinking about the story line and why the Asguard were killed. I AM SORRY, BUT I DON'T BUY IT.

Below are two ways that they can be brought back and if the Asguard were that smart they would have thought of it. But here are the two ways.

1. Using DNA from the Knox you could upload the information from the Asguard to the Knox body, their brain should be able to hold the information without a problem, after all, they can hide a floating city.

2. If they couldn't do that, they could use some of the DNA from the Ancients, there would have to be some DNA from the Ancients being in Atlantis (you're going to tell me that they were there for two weeks and didn't touch anything or didn't drop a strand of hair?). After you have their DNA, upload the Asguard to the body of the new Ancient.
    Last edited by Darkwander; 08 April 2007, 12:55 AM. Reason: Spelling

Maybe there were no guarantees that the disease they had all contacted wouldn't transfer to the new body as well. That's my take on it anyways.
    sigpic
    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
    "...phu...ah..."
    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I have yet to be convinced they are dead. I haven't seen any bodies, body parts, or carcasses.

Comment

Well you wouldnt see many bodies seeing as they blew up their entire planet lol

Comment

I know this has spoilers in the title but these are some pretty big ones for the finale. We should probably use tags.
          Spoiler:
          I actually did buy it since they have been on the verge of extinction for a while. I too would want them back but only if it's done well and makes sense.
          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Im sorry ive been bursting to say it, its spelt asgard not asguard lol

Comment

LOL I've seen quite a few make that mistake.

Comment

They should have saved thor by melding his brain with the odessey...made him an A.I. of sorts. That would have been believable since its been done with Goa'uld ships, and it would have preserved them in some sense.

"Their victims knew no peace until the Ori came and whispered to them"Sleep for the end draws near"and on that day all will rejoice when the Ori come and lay them low. "

Comment

Originally posted by Øsiris øf the Øri View Post
                  They should have saved thor by melding his brain with the odessey...made him an A.I. of sorts. That would have been believable since its been done with Goa'uld ships, and it would have preserved them in some sense.
                  As much as I love Thor I found what they did quite believable since the Asgard have been a dieing race for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
                    Maybe there were no guarantees that the disease they had all contacted wouldn't transfer to the new body as well. That's my take on it anyways.
                    I doubt that would work, you are only transfering the knowledge and not the physical form.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                      As much as I love Thor I found what they did quite believable since the Asgard have been a dieing race for a long time.
                      That is my problem, what the Asgard couldnt come up with this idea of saving themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitchell82 View Post
                        I know this has spoilers in the title but these are some pretty big ones for the finale. We should probably use tags.
                        Spoiler:
                        I actually did buy it since they have been on the verge of extinction for a while. I too would want them back but only if it's done well and makes sense.
                        What are you talking about? If anything the asgard dying doesnt make sense since they could have uploaded their minds to computers, or even preserved themselves in stasis. Sure saying they beamed themselves out of the planet at the last minute might seem like an excuse but at least it makes more sense than just saying that all of a sudden, after years of studying and fighting replicators, they gave up and blew themselves up.

Perhaps they were making part of the story up. They did infact contract the disease, but escaped to another planet. Where they were uploaded into computers or put in stasis. In this form they could probably more easily have been destroyed by the Ori, and so chose not to reveal the truth knowing that the Ori had the ability to read a human's mind. They gave up their technology to earth knowing it would more or less be their only chance to stop the Ori.

Comment

ok, I have to say the arc is obvious. read spoiler

Spoiler:

1. They Didnt show the Asguard die,
                          2. ALL the Ships are Missing
                          3. They Give us their technology

So...

They All gathered and went into their ships and left for another Galaxy/Home, and decided to leave us all their stuff that they weren't able to take with them.

Lured The Ori to their planet and blew up their planet to help us.

We'll find out what happened in the Movie
                          Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Originally posted by Skate Zilla View Post
                            ok, I have to say the arc is obvious. read spoiler

Spoiler:

1. They Didnt show the Asguard die,
                            2. ALL the Ships are Missing
                            3. They Give us their technology

So...

They All gathered and went into their ships and left for another Galaxy/Home, and decided to leave us all their stuff that they weren't able to take with them.

Lured The Ori to their planet and blew up their planet to help us.

We'll find out what happened in the Movie

Ok this is the idea I like the best.
                            Spoiler:
                            I would be like Jack and "miss their little grey butts" if they really were gone.

Comment

They are gone its the end of sg1 sure there are guna be a few movies but its not like having a series where they can come in at will with 20, 40 odd min episodes a season its like an hour and a half movie

Comment

Working...
                              X