This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ultimately, are the Jaffa Doomed?

Per the thread on Jaffa and Tretonin dependence, are the Jaffa doomed as a race?

1. If they gain their freedom, they must conquer and eliminate the goauld.
    2. If any goauld reach maturity and take a host even by accident, then the whole goauld problem starts over again. Stockpiles of goauld must be maintained to make tretonin. Hence the threat.
    3. If the Jaffa have to rely on synthetic tretonin, assuming science goes forward to make the stuff without ground goauld in it, then maybe they can live. But can WE afford to have warlike Jaffa on the loose?
    4. But so far, there is no synthetic tretonin. Not even the Tokra can do that. So the moral question of using sentient creatures to manufacture tretonin is evident.
    5. And if the Jaffa are dependent on receiving tretonin from allies aren't they in the same position as before?
    Causality should not be taken lightly.

Originally posted by Livi2Jack
    2. If any goauld reach maturity and take a host even by accident, then the whole goauld problem starts over again.
    Actually I don't think so since they would need a queen to make more Goa'uld. That one Goa'uld could simply be overpowered.

Also, I think the Tok'ra have said that, given time, they will be able to find a way to get those dependant on tretonin off of it.

Signature banner by Lucia Tanaka

Comment

This has all been discussed, but in regards to #5...

It is better to be dependant upon a friend than an enemy. Besides, if need be, we can call on some Jaffa for whatever reason.

Comment

As to 4, isn't the tretonian already synethetic? Surely The Panagreans have run out of Blank Tok'Ra to use by now.
        sigpic
        Banner By JME2

Comment

Originally posted by aschen
          This has all been discussed, but in regards to #5...

It is better to be dependant upon a friend than an enemy. Besides, if need be, we can call on some Jaffa for whatever reason.

Hmm . . . have Death Gliders patroling our skies instead of F-16's and 18's?

Comment

the drug has to be synthetic, because the tok'ra queen had died, and the batch she gave birth to last had a defect which made them bad to use in the drug.

Comment

Originally posted by Just the Zat's Ma'am
              Hmm . . . have Death Gliders patroling our skies instead of F-16's and 18's?

He is saying the Jaffa will be dependent on us not the other way around. I guess the Jaffa could still be controlled with tretonin. But the children of the tretonin Jaffa will have a normal
              immune system won't they? So the control will only be for one generation.

Comment

Yeah I think after a while they will not need Tretonin anymore whatsoever. They will grow as normal humans grow and with an immune system.

Comment

how is it *millions* of jaffa were killed when the NID poisoned some of Baal's worlds yet there are only a few thousand Goa'uld according to Selmak? Do they eat most of their bretheren?

also why do the jaffa worship the goa'uld when they use tools like humans and build ships before our their very eyes. They can see that they're advanced but gods? Now I could understand why they would consider Ascended gods and they seem to do great things without any intermediaries.

Also why is the Goa'uld hand device used by Ra much smaller than those on SG-1?

Comment

I would be under the impression once the goa'uld are destroyed the act of prim'ta would be outlawed and the remaining jaffa would die once their symbiote's reached maturity/ once larval goa'uld run out or rely on the dretonin substance.

Therefore they would be normal humans in the end and the warrior race known as the jaffa would exist no more.

thanks,
                    drfunk

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                      also why do the jaffa worship the goa'uld when they use tools like humans and build ships before our their very eyes. They can see that they're advanced but gods?
                      1. They've been brainwashed since birth.
                      2. To question the divine power of the Goa'uld would undoubtedly for any one individual Jaffa result in certain death.
                      Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by terraatlantus
                        also why do the jaffa worship the goa'uld when they use tools like humans and build ships before our their very eyes. They can see that they're advanced but gods? Now I could understand why they would consider Ascended gods and they seem to do great things without any intermediaries.
                        If they don't, they die.

Also why is the Goa'uld hand device used by Ra much smaller than those on SG-1?
                        Just a difference from the movie to the show, everything can't be exactly the same (and it isn't, probably for the better).
                        Why yes, I am aware that I am too sexy for my cat
                        RIP Stargate SG-1: The iris may be closed, but the gate will always be spinning, lighting the chevrons in my heart

And to the Sci Fi Channel...

Comment

If this is the last season, then all ur questions will probably be resolved soon enough. And if its not the last season, then.......wait more? All I'm saying is those questions, very god ones i might add, will have to be solved in order to give some closure for Teal'c and all the Jaffa, and really, why the whole show exists, to wipe out the Goa'uld.
                          Signature oversized: Click to view.

Comment

If you can remove the infant goa'uld I think you could reverse it. I remember in Hathor, that Hathor had made Jack a Jaffa, and they threw him in the sarcophagus and healed him.

The problem is, the longer one has been a Jaffa would that negate the sarcophagus fixing them, the tok'ra not liking the sarcophagus, and the whole possible addiction thing.

Comment

ok here is a theory. the jaffa are basically born human more or less except for their pouch, once they reach maturity they lose their immune system and need a larval goa'uld to live. the tretonin does the same thing as a larval goa'uld, acts as an immune system. now here are my two theories. 1. what if once a jaffa starts using tretonin and then they have children the genetic flaw, (not really a flaw since it is planned but it is bad) that causes them to lose their immune system isnt passed on and the new jaffa dont need goauld or tretonin. there is no actual evidence to support this but its an idea. or 2. we know that the goa'ld and tok'ra have a lot of experience with genetically manipulating humans and jaffa. the tok'ra would have the original knowledge that was used to create the first jaffa. now coupled with their knowledge of making synthetic tretonin and the way that tretonin can be made biologically maybe it would be possible for them to fix the jaffa so that they can produce tretonin naturally in their bodies. perhaps not for the current generations of jaffa but maybe for the future jaffa. my second theory is probably more feasible than the first one but i think both are viable

Comment

Working...
                              X