This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who created Mckay?

yes, i'm too lazy to look it up. Those of you out there with the details already in your heads: which writer thought up Mckay and in which Sg1 episode? I am curious this morning. thanks.

He first appeared in season 5's "48 Hours". That episode was written by Robert C. Cooper.

Comment

McKay's mom and dad......

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

We can blame the mysterious astral beings who, in their infinite wisdom, crossed Data of ST-TNG with Moe of the Three Stooges.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf
          He first appeared in season 5's "48 Hours". That episode was written by Robert C. Cooper.
          I knew I liked Coop for a reason. He created McKay AND Luke. And probably tons of other cool people/stuff, too. But McKay and Luke are the most important.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
            I knew I liked Coop for a reason. He created McKay AND Luke. And probably tons of other cool people/stuff, too. But McKay and Luke are the most important.
            And let's give credit to the casting director who hired David Hewlett for the role.

My kind of guy:
            "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
            Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog
            (subsidiaries of DHD: David Hewlett's Domain).

Comment

I'll give a general yay to the casting gods of Stargate, but in his interview with Darren, David said it was mostly Coop's doing.

This is something you should ask Robert, because I know that he ... I think he had seen some stuff that I had done on another show...

I think Robert had seen some of that stuff, and had an idea for a character along the McKay line that would do that. I think that originally he was suppose to be an alien of sorts. And then -- I'll just say again, you should ask Robert about it. But I believe that's where it came from. I got this call, and they were like, you know, "Come up and do an episode of this." And it was just so much fun, I couldn't believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                I'll give a general yay to the casting gods of Stargate, but in his interview with Darren, David said it was mostly Coop's doing.
                Thanks, I forgot about that. Well, then, I hope someday to hear from Robert Cooper why he recommended David for the job.

My kind of guy:
                "Hewlett states that he is a self proclaimed computer nerd who loves small dark rooms and large computers."
                Member of MAGIC: McKay's A Genius Intergalactic Club and ADB: Adores David's Blog

Comment

Originally posted by watcher652
                  Thanks, I forgot about that. Well, then, I hope someday to hear from Robert Cooper why he recommended David for the job.
                  Because David's an excellent actor and hilarious?

Comment

Originally posted by ibwolf

thank you. i had a feeling it might be either Mr. Cooper or Mr. Wright.

Comment

Originally posted by FoolishPleasure
                      We can blame the mysterious astral beings who, in their infinite wisdom, crossed Data of ST-TNG with Moe of the Three Stooges.
                      okay okay. this is definitely a unique description for Mckay. Data? hum, also a favorite character for me, but I've never seen him in Mckay. I don't know about Moe either. He does have Worf's impatience with the lesser beings.

Comment

I was skimming through, and saw Moe, and first thing that popped into my head was Moe from the Simpsons. Quick thought was 'wow, first time ever Data and Moe from the Simpson's used in the same sentence!' Then I re-read it...
                        O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
                        Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                          Originally posted by watcher652
                          Because David's an excellent actor and hilarious?
                          Well, that's a given. Obviously, what I meant was what role did Robert Cooper see him in and went "Ah, that's our McKay."

My kind of guy:

Comment

In David's interview, didnt he say that Cooper saw him in Traders?
                            I'm so out of all the rest of the scripts now. McKay's going to go looking for a file and never come back now. "Yeah, I thought I saw it in the other room." Cut to Season Eight: "Yeah, he died! That McKay guy ..."

April (obsessed with David Hewlett)

Comment

Contrary to popular belief, I'm sure he had parents.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Working...
                              X