PDA

View Full Version : Carter or Weir

sueKay
April 6th, 2007, 07:54 AM
If you had to choose for s4 of Atlantis, who would you have?

Carter

or

Weir

I'd vote for Weir. Carter belongs on SG1 and in the movies.

Again if mods would like to make this a poll :)

ReganX
April 6th, 2007, 08:02 AM
Shouldn't there be an option for both? A lot of people, myself included, love both characters.

sueKay
April 6th, 2007, 08:04 AM
Yes, but as it stands, TPTB only want us to have one of these characters.

Therefore the TPTB are making us choose between them, while only allowing us to see the one they'd prefer.

Suzotchka
April 6th, 2007, 08:07 AM
:weir: WEIR I love Carter on SG-1. But I want Weir to remain on Atlantis!

mcbarr
April 6th, 2007, 08:08 AM
:weir:

figment
April 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Carter

:sam:

Trialia
April 6th, 2007, 08:09 AM
Definitely Elizabeth. We've had ten years of Sam, we've only had three of Lizzie and I want more than that.

ReganX
April 6th, 2007, 08:11 AM
Yes, but as it stands, TPTB only want us to have one of these characters.

Therefore the TPTB are making us choose between them, while only allowing us to see the one they'd prefer.

They're not making us choose between Sam and Weir, they've made the choice already.

The only choice viewers have is whether or not they can live with TPTB's choice and continue to watch the show.

Has there been any word yet on how many episodes Weir is to be in? We may find that she and Sam will both be in some episodes.

Celcool
April 6th, 2007, 08:12 AM
Elizabeth. Carter should be gone together with SG-1 where she belongs.

Platschu
April 6th, 2007, 08:19 AM
sueKay: What do you want this second thread? Do you want to make everybody unhappy about season4 ? JM said a dozent times that Carter's arriving was a creative decision from the TPTB, which was planned a season earlier. Weir was in the S3 episodes 5-5 minutes. Why do you think that 4-5-6 episode with bigger role isn't good or enough for her? She won't die, won't disappear, only she won't have supporting role. I can understand that you are disappontied, but we don't know enough about the new season. We have the right to vote for both characters at least, because Sam and Weir live in a common scifi realm. :o

So I would like to vote : Both. :weir: :sam:

Chrysalis
April 6th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Elizabeth.

I don't want to even look at Carter. I can't imagine how it must be for Torri, working on a set where she knows her character's been shunted out the door in favour of someone who's had 10 years with this franchise and is the easy option.

She could have let slip at a con last year that this was going to happen, and we would have all rallied around her at the time (much like Amanda did when she said everyone had a contract but her, at a certain convention in the UK).

Thing is, Torri's not that kind of girl.

ReganX
April 6th, 2007, 08:22 AM

Both gets my vote too.

Wormhole
April 6th, 2007, 08:28 AM
:weir:

sueKay
April 6th, 2007, 08:29 AM
sueKay: What do you want this second thread?

Ehm...because it's relevant to current happenings on the show. I can make threads if I like. If they're inappropriate, a mod will close it.

Do you want to make everybody unhappy about season4 ?

No...I don't actually care.

JM said a dozent times that Carter's arriving was a creative decision from the TPTB, which was planned a season earlier.
Yep, hence my unhappiness...they've been edging Weir out to make way for wonder woman.

Weir was in the S3 episodes 5-5 minutes. Why do you think that 4-5-6 episode with bigger role isn't good or enough for her? She won't die, won't disappear, only she won't have supporting role.

They said Carson wouldn't die. :mckay:

I can understand that you are disappontied, but we don't know enough about the new season. We have the right to vote for both characters at least, because Sam and Weir live in a common scifi realm. :o

I know enough to know that Carter is being foisted upon us, and that Weir's going to be gone...c'mon...

Jonas was going to be recurring
Ford was going to be recurring

We all know that Torri will be in 3/4 eps tops and then gone.

And don't personally have a digg at me for expressing my opinion. I don't appreciate that...I won't tolerate it and I'll be off like a shot if it happens again. As RDA would say LTS.

I started this thread to see who people would prefer...not to have fans having a go at other fans and proclaiming their POV to be right.

What I've posted is my thoughts and opinions on this subject. Don't attack me.

Platschu
April 6th, 2007, 08:37 AM
I don't want to hurt you or change you opinion, but if you write down in thousand thread : "season 4 will be disaster without Weir!" etc, it won't change anything. This is actually a television show. JM was absolutely right and honest that we can't change their creative decisions. I love both series as you, but I can accept the new things, new metaplots, if we get better, more intresting season. But if the fans are always complaining (for example I would like to see this, I would like to see that) than somebody will be disappontied.

Beckett hasn't dead, because he will live in the others memories. So that sentence was only philosophical. ;)

sueKay
April 6th, 2007, 08:40 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm a consumer and Stargate is a product. If I was at a restaurant and was unhappy with the service or the meal I would complain. This is no different.

TBH I know there are cast changes, but when they bump off their third regular in as many seasons, I think I've got a right to complain.

There's also the lack of explanation for both Beckett and Weir...why must Weir go? Why must Carter arrive? huh?

Platschu
April 6th, 2007, 09:01 AM
I'm sorry, but I'm a consumer and Stargate is a product. If I was at a restaurant and was unhappy with the service or the meal I would complain. This is no different.
The difference here that you selected the food in the restaurant and they changed / hired a new waitress. But you haven't seen the food what you have ordered, but you are complaining. Why? What do you want? Would you like to see that the old waitress bring you food or you want to eat something new? Or would you like to re-cook your food, what is still in the kitchen and you smell it already?

There's also the lack of explanation for both Beckett and Weir...why must Weir go? Why must Carter arrive? huh?
Have you seen the new episodes? No. TPTB will give answers. We don't know enough yet. When we said the new season and it will be really catastrophical, than I will say, I am sorry, you were right. But now I can't make anything else than wait until autumn. ;)

Mitchell82
April 6th, 2007, 09:06 AM
They're not making us choose between Sam and Weir, they've made the choice already.

The only choice viewers have is whether or not they can live with TPTB's choice and continue to watch the show.

Has there been any word yet on how many episodes Weir is to be in? We may find that she and Sam will both be in some episodes.

Exactly and we really need to keep in mind that these two decisions are completly seperate. If I hada a say I'd want both, but since I don't I'd have to say I'm undecided till I see it.

sueKay
April 6th, 2007, 09:08 AM
The difference here that you selected the food in the restaurant and they changed / hired a new waitress. But you haven't seen the food what you have ordered, but you are complaining. Why? What do you want? Would you like to see that the old waitress bring you food or you want to eat something new? Or would you like to re-cook your food, what is still in the kitchen and you smell it already?

Have you seen the new episodes? No. TPTB will give answers. We don't know enough yet. When we said the new season and it will be really catastrophical, than I will say, I am sorry, you were right. But now I can't make anything else than wait until autumn. ;)

nit pick nit pick nit pick.

We're still waiting on the explanation for Jonas how many years later.

And yes, at a restaurant I pick what I'm having, but through fandom in particular, buying DVDs, going to cons, we've made these guys millionaires! They at least owe us an explanation.

I have to laugh that Joe Mallozzi's moaned about a member of the Boston Legal cast being cut without any explanation. I've lost count the amount of times TPTB have done that to us.

If TPTB just explained their decisions, they'd help sort a lot of fandom problems and a lot of fans worries.

But they've been silent.

Torri's myspace page has also been strangely silent since the Weir rumours appeared.

Xeon_1
April 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
carter never realy cared for weir

Falcon Horus
April 6th, 2007, 09:16 AM
Quite simply -> :weir:

And for the record, I will watch season 4 and if I don't like it. I will voice my opinion.

Skydiver
April 6th, 2007, 09:22 AM
I'm afraid that i don't get how this is any different from the existing carter vs weir poll