This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carter or Weir

If you had to choose for s4 of Atlantis, who would you have?

Carter

or

Weir

I'd vote for Weir. Carter belongs on SG1 and in the movies.

Again if mods would like to make this a poll
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Shouldn't there be an option for both? A lot of people, myself included, love both characters.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Yes, but as it stands, TPTB only want us to have one of these characters.

Therefore the TPTB are making us choose between them, while only allowing us to see the one they'd prefer.
      sigpic

Comment

WEIR I love Carter on SG-1. But I want Weir to remain on Atlantis!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Carter

sigpic

Comment

Definitely Elizabeth. We've had ten years of Sam, we've only had three of Lizzie and I want more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay View Post
                Yes, but as it stands, TPTB only want us to have one of these characters.

Therefore the TPTB are making us choose between them, while only allowing us to see the one they'd prefer.
                They're not making us choose between Sam and Weir, they've made the choice already.

The only choice viewers have is whether or not they can live with TPTB's choice and continue to watch the show.

Has there been any word yet on how many episodes Weir is to be in? We may find that she and Sam will both be in some episodes.

Comment

Elizabeth. Carter should be gone together with SG-1 where she belongs.
                  Torri Higginson: "Elizabeth had a mad crush on Sheppard."
                  at Halfway Con - Sparktastic weekend with Joe and Torri, on October 30, 2011

R.I.P. Stargate Atlantis (S1-S3)

Comment

sueKay: What do you want this second thread? Do you want to make everybody unhappy about season4 ? JM said a dozent times that Carter's arriving was a creative decision from the TPTB, which was planned a season earlier. Weir was in the S3 episodes 5-5 minutes. Why do you think that 4-5-6 episode with bigger role isn't good or enough for her? She won't die, won't disappear, only she won't have supporting role. I can understand that you are disappontied, but we don't know enough about the new season. We have the right to vote for both characters at least, because Sam and Weir live in a common scifi realm.

So I would like to vote : Both.
                    "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Elizabeth.

I don't want to even look at Carter. I can't imagine how it must be for Torri, working on a set where she knows her character's been shunted out the door in favour of someone who's had 10 years with this franchise and is the easy option.

She could have let slip at a con last year that this was going to happen, and we would have all rallied around her at the time (much like Amanda did when she said everyone had a contract but her, at a certain convention in the UK).

Thing is, Torri's not that kind of girl.

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                        Both gets my vote too.

Comment

BEST OF BOTH WORLDS

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
                            sueKay: What do you want this second thread?
                            Ehm...because it's relevant to current happenings on the show. I can make threads if I like. If they're inappropriate, a mod will close it.

Do you want to make everybody unhappy about season4 ?
                            No...I don't actually care.
                            JM said a dozent times that Carter's arriving was a creative decision from the TPTB, which was planned a season earlier.
                            Yep, hence my unhappiness...they've been edging Weir out to make way for wonder woman.

Weir was in the S3 episodes 5-5 minutes. Why do you think that 4-5-6 episode with bigger role isn't good or enough for her? She won't die, won't disappear, only she won't have supporting role.
                            They said Carson wouldn't die.

I can understand that you are disappontied, but we don't know enough about the new season. We have the right to vote for both characters at least, because Sam and Weir live in a common scifi realm.

I know enough to know that Carter is being foisted upon us, and that Weir's going to be gone...c'mon...

Jonas was going to be recurring
                            Ford was going to be recurring

We all know that Torri will be in 3/4 eps tops and then gone.

And don't personally have a digg at me for expressing my opinion. I don't appreciate that...I won't tolerate it and I'll be off like a shot if it happens again. As RDA would say LTS.

I started this thread to see who people would prefer...not to have fans having a go at other fans and proclaiming their POV to be right.

What I've posted is my thoughts and opinions on this subject. Don't attack me.
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't want to hurt you or change you opinion, but if you write down in thousand thread : "season 4 will be disaster without Weir!" etc, it won't change anything. This is actually a television show. JM was absolutely right and honest that we can't change their creative decisions. I love both series as you, but I can accept the new things, new metaplots, if we get better, more intresting season. But if the fans are always complaining (for example I would like to see this, I would like to see that) than somebody will be disappontied.

Beckett hasn't dead, because he will live in the others memories. So that sentence was only philosophical.
                              "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Working...
                              X