X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR?? Season 4??(Spoilers /Spec)

Spoiler:
    i have read some of the comments/ threads about an upcoming war or was speculated to happend because Joe Mallozzi had quoted or said about the new season being darker than the other seasons of atlantis, and not only that i have read a blog that the season is basically going to be like a reset....

Are these stories true or people playing around on the forums again??

BTW: i have posted this up because there were no threads about this soo called 'upcoming dark/ war' seasons

Not sure where you've gotten the idea about a war from? Joe Flanigan said about the end of the Season 3 that it was essentially a "soft reset" but this is probably refering to the events of First Strike and Atlantis being cut off from Earth once again etc (I'm not sure how you interpret soft reset to mean a war? Unless you are referring to thr "war with the Wraith" of Season 1 but really that element has never gone away... they're still at war with the Wraith)

JM has made comments in his blog, mostly in response to questions posted by fans, that some episodes in Season 4 will be a little darker. But there were dark episodes (like Common Ground) in Season 3 too... it seems a bit of a stretch to go from Joe's comments like:

Off the top of my head - Reunion, Missing, and Miller's Crossing offer varying degrees of darkness. Doppelganger and Lifelife certainly have their dark moments as well.
    to assuming that this means a war arc?
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
      Spoiler:
      i have read some of the comments/ threads about an upcoming war or was speculated to happend because Joe Mallozzi had quoted or said about the new season being darker than the other seasons of atlantis, and not only that i have read a blog that the season is basically going to be like a reset....

Are these stories true or people playing around on the forums again??

BTW: i have posted this up because there were no threads about this soo called 'upcoming dark/ war' seasons
      Well, the Atlantis expedition is, to all intents and purposes, at war with the wraith already, so I'm not sure what you mean here. I haven't heard anything specific about the spoilers you mention. Ali has quoted what JM has said about the darker episodes of season 4, and I haven't heard anything different.

Joe F did say there'd be a soft reset, as Ali said, but I take that to mean the cast changes and leadership issues on Atlantis.
      sigpic

Comment

Some fans have mentioned this in other threads.

I have to say it all just confuses me as I don't remember hearing about War, I do remember reading
        Spoiler:

that one of the new allies may turn out to be another enemy or at least not as friendly as they first appear (what's new) but as for all out war? I have no idea where they are getting that from.

I think some think Carter having a Ship (spaceship) must mean Atlantis needs the extra defence but I still can't quite draw that conclusion.

Comment

I said ah war, huh, good god. What is it good for, absolutely nothin!

That said i think they have already said a couple of times that they are in a state of war with the wraith. Around the Michael episodes i think.

Comment

There are so many war possibilities:

1. Wraith vs. Atlantis ---> Unlikely, because they think that the city is destroyed
            2. Asuran vs. Atlantis ---> the whole first strike was a casus beli
            3. Michael's bug people vs. Atlantis ---> they mentioned that the expedition will be his first target on a list
            4. Michael's bug people vs. Wraith ---> it can be intesting (new iratus-human hybrids?)
            5. Asuran vs. Wraith ---> Oberon said that they have a quick plan to kill the Hives
            6. Genii vs. Wraith ---> Unlikely, because their people had serious losses because of the nuclear weapons
            7. Michael's bug people vs. "normal" humans (Genii, New Athosia etc.) ---> this began already, but Atlantis have to protect their old and new allies
            8. Asurans vs. "normal" humans (Genii, New Athosia etc.) ---> they don't have reason to kill them, but this can be a trap for Atlantis
            9. Wraith vs. Wraith ---> this war began already too in season 2, because there isn't enough food
            10. Michael's bug people vs. Asuran ---> it won't happen, because they don't know each other

So my conclusion: everybody can attack everyone in season 4. LOL.
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

the war with canada!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post

1. Wraith vs. Atlantis ---> Unlikely, because they think that the city is destroyed
                3. Michael's bug people vs. Atlantis ---> they mentioned that the expedition will be his first target on a list
                4. Michael's bug people vs. Wraith ---> it can be intesting (new iratus-human hybrids?)
                5. Asuran vs. Wraith ---> Oberon said that they have a quick plan to kill the Hives
                6. Genii vs. Wraith ---> Unlikely, because their people had serious losses because of the nuclear weapons
                7. Michael's bug people vs. "normal" humans (Genii, New Athosia etc.) ---> this began already, but Atlantis have to protect their old and new allies
                8. Asurans vs. "normal" humans (Genii, New Athosia etc.) ---> they don't have reason to kill them, but this can be a trap for Atlantis
                9. Wraith vs. Wraith ---> this war began already too in season 2, because there isn't enough food
                10. Michael's bug people vs. Asuran ---> it won't happen, because they don't know each other

Think about this one.Remember the ep in season 1 when atlantis dealt with a nanovirus that escaped from a lab in atlantis?At the end Weir and co speculate about who ever created the nanovirus.They mentioned something like,lets hope they arent around anymore.
                Or should I put this one with untied loose ends.

Comment

In JM's blog, someone asked if we would meet the creators of the nanovirus in Season three, he replied we would ergo we already have and it's likely that they were the Asurans.

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                    In JM's blog, someone asked if we would meet the creators of the nanovirus in Season three, he replied we would ergo we already have and it's likely that they were the Asurans.
                    Ok havent thought about that one.

Comment

Actually, the Asurans are envious of humans, because the humans were the Ancients favourite project.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

the Asurans VS. the wraith while in the middle of it all we get our asses kicked by a new bad guy,.

that's how i'd like it to be .

Comment

Originally posted by SGA4ever View Post
                          the Asurans VS. the wraith while in the middle of it all we get our asses kicked by a new bad guy,.

that's how i'd like it to be .
                          Ooo nice.
                          Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                          "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                          Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                            I kind of figured that already. There are alot of possibilities in season 4 for a war arc, though I don't remember one being mentioned.
                            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
                            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
                            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

If the ancients created the wraith who's to say they did not creat human hybrids, or even wraith / ancient hybrids, and perhaps there is a whole new race out there!

Comment

Working...
                              X