This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Season 4 long way off...my sollution?

I discovered via ebay that there is a BSG card game!!!

I used to play the ST:TNG CCG back in my teen years with zest with my friends. I was the uber trekie and they probably just like games and collecting...I digress...

I seem to have turned MANY friends onto BSG this past season, and I think that I'll be able to convince them to pick up a deck and play a round or two instead of watching this week's episode.

I mean, what's better than chillin' with friends, having a few drinks and "living out" the show that we all love?

Check out the design for the "base" card Battlestar Galactica:

They even have cut-off corners!!!!

All the personel cards have quotes by the characters from the show, like this one of Starbuck:

I dunno about you guys, but we have a kinda of regular "weekly" BSG viewing with friends that got into a regularity durring the 3rd season. With the discovery of this game, I think I can convince my friends to pick up a starter deck and play a few rounds, drink a few brews (and meanwhille speculate on the series!!) and THEN watch re-runs of the 3rd season off my ipod.

Yeah, im uber-geek...

I'm also distressed to learn that the company putting out this game has recently (as of last month) cancelled any expansions for this game...

The game itself seems to be very BSG-ish in that you don't know who to trust, and the entire focus is on "influence" in the fleet.

I dunno, I thought this was worth mentioning....I wish other ppl would play and be able to discuss deck stradegies and card attributes perhaps...?

Here's a link to the site that put out the game: http://www.wizkidsgames.com/battlestar/
    SO SAY WE ALL
    sigpic

we have sg1, sga and the movies to tide us over...well be fine, it wont feel asl long with all of those things on our plate
    ..not even moros/meirden/merlin nor the rest of the ancients, could find a cure... for male pattern baldness!

What?.. Its a ship that goes through the gate.

...Or it could mean a piece of our leg...

In the middle of my backswing!?

That function is not possible

However, I must admit that I am partial to the tater tots.

Comment

Hehe, I have the Starbuck one, I got it free in my 2.5 DVD set.

Comment

Ungh, no way...I'm sorry to all the fans, but I can't stand SG1. I've tried--I really have...but it's SO far fetched, so poorly acted, and totally predictable. The music durring the "personal, intimate/shy" moments is so cheezy that it makes me want to puke.

Sci-Fi is all about the future to me...IMO the greats like Wells, Asimov, Bradbury, and AC Clarke all use the FUTURE for their settings. This enables the plot lines to be much more beliveable and engaging.

I can't get that that the people on earth in SG1 know about huge inter-stellar space ships...and supposedly live in OUR time. No one would accept/allow for that to happen YET! Hell, ET disclosure hasn't even happened yet by the government--let alone FTL technology!

Sorry, maybe it's supposed to be an "alternate reality" -- but it's one that has to many similarities to this one to make it seem absolutley absurd IMO.

Hey, I like shows that NO ONE else likes...so I don't mean to step on any toes or offend anyone. I just wanted to put my .2 as to why SG1 or Atlantis just won't suffice.
        SO SAY WE ALL
        sigpic

Comment

I was quite afraid this was going in a different direction...

*is relieved*
          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DaDornta
            Ungh, no way...I'm sorry to all the fans, but I can't stand SG1. I've tried--I really have...but it's SO far fetched, so poorly acted, and totally predictable. The music durring the "personal, intimate/shy" moments is so cheezy that it makes me want to puke.

Sci-Fi is all about the future to me...IMO the greats like Wells, Asimov, Bradbury, and AC Clarke all use the FUTURE for their settings. This enables the plot lines to be much more beliveable and engaging.

I can't get that that the people on earth in SG1 know about huge inter-stellar space ships...and supposedly live in OUR time. No one would accept/allow for that to happen YET! Hell, ET disclosure hasn't even happened yet by the government--let alone FTL technology!

Sorry, maybe it's supposed to be an "alternate reality" -- but it's one that has to many similarities to this one to make it seem absolutley absurd IMO.

Hey, I like shows that NO ONE else likes...so I don't mean to step on any toes or offend anyone. I just wanted to put my .2 as to why SG1 or Atlantis just won't suffice.
            so that's why you registered on an SG1 forum - to post exclusively in the BSG section. yup makes sense

Comment

Actually yeah...

This is the most active BSG forum I have been able to find.

I tend to ignore the other forums and the occasional wierd nomenclature used/thrown around (like "shipper"??) ...

Nah, this thread wasn't supposed to go in that direction--rather I got a little to overzealous with my rantings.

Hey, I like Digimon...does ANYONE else like that show? Hahaha! I'm pathetic and have strange/off-world tastes I guess...

Back to the CARD GAME...!

I'm going to give out starter decks to 5-6 people locally and see if we can't get a little leauge or somthing way up 'north going...I've never been into 20-sided dice or role-playing...but if I'm going to buy a officer's uniform for halloween and an eye patch...well this isn't any worse.
              SO SAY WE ALL
              sigpic

Comment

Hey if you like games and can't wait for more Battlestar Galactica, theres always "Beyond the Red Line," the Free BSG video game. It's actually really damn good if you've got a joy stick.
                "When the going gets wierd, the wierd turn pro."-Dr. Hunter S. Thompson

Baltar for President.

Comment

^^ Yup, already DL'ed it! I like it a lot, but I don't have a joystick...the mouse is really hard to use, im surprised at the graphics and voice-overs...very well done game, esp. for a fan-made project!
                  SO SAY WE ALL
                  sigpic

Comment

I've never been a fan of card games (I've had several, but the rules always make no sense!) I'd only be interested in getting them if they printed information on them, like character bios and such, like the Star Wars card game had.

Comment

I'll definitely check out this game when I've got the chance.

Comment

Well to me this game has two main things...

Personal numismatic value (the fact that it's battlestar) and I can shuffle through a deck or pages of sleves and look at all the pretty pictures over and over and read the quotes...

Enjoyment/playability w/friends...Who knows, this game might just be pretty darn fun. I've been reading the rules on the wizkids website I posted and it seems pretty straight-forward and easy to play.
                        SO SAY WE ALL
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X