Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye Nominations Still Open for Court Jester of Samanda

Qualifications: Jolly good sense of Humour; ability to trip lightly through Life; loyalty to all things Samanda; musical and mystical ... Juggling a plus.

Apply Here!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      My goodness, I am willing to abdicate my Royal Elder/Sage title to NearlyCircular (who implied that she is about the same wise age as I and also a teacher), and I would humbly accept the title of Jester and all-around cheerer-upper ... if none come forward to claim the position ....

Surely, there is a Court Jester in our midst?! Come out, come out, whoever you are ... hey, I teach a course on what makes people happy ... maybe I have to be the Jester .... I can also play "Send In The Clowns" on the piano!

We will let our President and Vice-President decide!
      I would vote for ChopinGal to be in charge of All Things Humorous... you do have a great way with picking up on puns and plays on words

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
        Indeed I can, my good lady, I in fact have many hidden talents
        Oh my, oh my, oh my ... the royal tie-breaker for this hallowed position may be the Juggling! But it sounds, with all due respect, that both of us, Madam President, juggle many roles in life.

Aha! Use of pun, play on words .... I may be pulling ahead here!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I would vote for ChopinGal to be in charge of All Things Humorous... you do have a great way with picking up on puns and plays on words
          Oh my, and then I read the posts after the one I responded to...and I see that juggling is a job qualification... hmmm.. Can you juggle ChopinGal?
          Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye Nominations Still Open for Court Jester of Samanda
          Qualifications: Jolly good sense of Humour; ability to trip lightly through Life; loyalty to all things Samanda; musical and mystical ... Juggling a plus. Apply Here!
          Hmmm... who can make faces like AT is making in MajorSam's sig pic?
          Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 February 2005, 07:10 PM.

Comment

Hmmm... who can make faces like AT is making in MajorSal's sig pic?
            Surely you jest, Keeper of the Flame!

Comment

Oh my, and then I read the posts after the one I responded to...and I see that juggling is a job qualification... hmmm.. Can you juggle ChopinGal?

Hmmm... who can make faces like AT is making in MajorSal's sig pic?
              Don't you probably mean MajorSAM's sig??? lol. And I can definately do faces like that. Not only that I can also do crazy voice work like Amanda always does in real life, same mannerisms, same insane'ness... Too bad this competition isn't for like'ness of Amanda... or is it???

Oh my, oh my, oh my ... the royal tie-breaker for this hallowed position may be the Juggling! But it sounds, with all due respect, that both of us, Madam President, juggle many roles in life.

Aha! Use of pun, play on words .... I may be pulling ahead here!

Good job! You would indeed be doing well, but alas we are not in an English teacher competition now are we

Ahha!!! an idea has struck my mind. You may be Court Jester, If I am able to have the position of Sarcasm Dispenser, or some such thing.
              Last edited by MajorSam; 16 February 2005, 06:26 PM.
              The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
              |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Stargate SG1 Magazine Issue #2 listing of Ten Best Battles of All Seasons revealed that Sam's duel with Turghan in S1 Emancipation was a favorite of the fans and actually rated 9/10: "A favorite of those who enjoy hand-to-hand combat, Carter's triumph makes it into the top 10."

That's kinda neat! Go, Carter!

Comment

Stargate SG1 Magazine Issue #2 listing of Ten Best Battles of All Seasons revealed that Sam's duel with Turghan in S1 Emancipation was a favorite of the fans and actually rated 9/10: "A favorite of those who enjoy hand-to-hand combat, Carter's triumph makes it into the top 10."

That's kinda neat! Go, Carter!
                  Hahaha, that's fabulous! I'm suprised it's not all big space battles and manly Jack things... I"m very pleased now! Thanks for the info.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Don't you probably mean MajorSAM's sig??? lol. And I can definately do faces like that. Not only that I can also do crazy voice work like Amanda always does in real life, same mannerisms, same insane'ness... Too bad this competition isn't for like'ness of Amanda... or is it???

Good job! You would indeed be doing well, but alas we are not in an English teacher competition now are we

Ahha!!! an idea has struck my mind. You may be Court Jester, If I am able to have the position of Sarcasm Dispenser, or some such thing.
                    Madam President, I humbly bow to your Samandan beauty and mimicry and all things Samanda at which you truly excel.

And I gratefully accept your wise appointment as lowly Court Jester.

May your O'Neillian Sarcasm continue to reign!

Hail to the Chief!!!

Comment

I am quoting the material below directly from an AT article found in Issue #2 of Stargate SG1 Official Magazine:

Actress Celebrates News of Pregnancy

Speaking exclusively to Stargate SG1 The Official Magazine, Tapping revealed how excited she was about the prospect of being a mother and her determination to slow down her hectic work pattern during the final months of her pregnancy.

"That's my hiatus," she laughed, "Just enjoying being pregnant, relaxing, working out, swimming and doing all the good things."

"My focus is shifting, obviously, and I'm due when we would start filming. I want to come back," she reassured fans. "If this show goes on, I want to be a part of it. But I don't know how it's going to work. It's going to be very interesting because [Stargate SG1] is such a huge time commitment and I couldn't do it with a newborn. But I would like to be involved in some capacity."

"The guys had babies, and they come into work two days later and it's, 'Hey, congratulations' - it's all good. Their bodies haven't gone through this massive change and they don't look any different," Tapping said, laughing again. "It's going to be interesting to see how the Stargate SG1 producers, having been through so many pregnancies on this show with the guys' partners, are going to deal with mine. It's going to be a whole different can of worms! They've been very supportive so far. They've geen great."

My notes: Amanda's comments were given before S9 was firmly announced. I chose to italicize some of her remarks above that lead to speculation. It seems that she has, indeed, committed to 15/20 shows and will be bringing her baby to the set. According to other articles, Bridge Studios is very baby-friendly and, as some of you already mentioned, AT will have plenty of support in bringing up baby at the SGC! It takes a village ....
                      Last edited by ChopinGal; 17 February 2005, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Don't you probably mean MajorSAM's sig??? lol.
                        Ooops... you are right! Went back and edited it so that it reads correctly now

Comment

Bingo! Congrats to Sally for the 1200th post!! The citizens of Samanda are forever grateful!

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Madam President, I humbly bow to your Samandan beauty and mimicry and all things Samanda at which you truly excel.

And I gratefully accept your wise appointment as lowly Court Jester.

May your O'Neillian Sarcasm continue to reign!

Hail to the Chief!!!

Here ye Here ye.

Let it be known forthwith that ChopinGal, former Royal Elder/Sage Shall be known as Royal Court Jester, instiller of all things happy and optimistic

Let it be known forthwith that NearlyCircular is appointed to the role of Royal Elder/Sage, one who shall always look over and watch the young, so that they may grow and prosper like the Royal Elder herself.

Let it also be known forthwith that myself, MajorSam, shall in addition be the Keeper of the O'Neillium, the great trove of sarcasm and wit that is a dear part of our universe, the place we call like to call "Stargate Sg-1'ia" Hey, i'm tired here, and not everything can have a name like "Samanda!"

May you treasure these positions always, upkeep and uphold your unique responsibilites in the face of whatever may come to us!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Why did I think that episode was called Absolute Power?!
                              Uh, because it is!

Yeah ... I liked the scene between her in the cell and Jack in front of the bars ... I wished it could have been a longer dialogue ... loved the intensity and intimacy it conveyed. This episode also showed that Sam was not afraid to speak up and challenge Daniel's abuse of power.
                              Me too. I saved some screen caps from that scene too.

Gosh, that was a real quick image of the torture he had in mind for her ... I can see that you're into serious Sam whumping! Did you notice they've never really used that method of torture on Sam throughout the seasons, but they have on Teal'c and Jack and I think Daniel too. Not fair! Our heroine wants equal rights: she can take her punishment as well as the rest of them!
                              I want equal opportunity whumpage too.

I really don't think the show would ever show Sam in such extreme conditions. (I asked Joe Mallozzi once about whether they'd have done Abyss the same way with Sam, and he said no). Most shows don't want to show a woman go through anything extreme (torture) like they do with men, except for rape that is. The only show that's displayed a woman in a *real* bad situation was Xena. I think I've heard they've done some bad things to the woman on Alias, but I bet it's not as bad as the stuff they've done to Xena. I really think it's just the networks that are afraid of ppl crying foul if a woman's shown in too much of a violent way. They don't mind raping her or murdering her, but they'd never show her being tortured like Teal'c was in... in that ep where he was hanging by his arms while some meanie Jaffa hurt him with a pain stick. I have a bit of a snark going on here while i'm writing this, because it really is a double standard. I don't think the networks care about showing a woman in such harsh ways, they just don't want to hear the outcry from ppl that are offended. Like showing a man getting tortured is alright, but a woman...

K, done with semi-snark.

Sally
                              Last edited by majorsal; 16 February 2005, 09:05 PM. Reason: took the t out and replaced it with a k
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey Girl, if you give me the copyright to your head, then maybe I can use this idea for my next fanfic! Better yet - why don't you write the story? Sounds like a really good plot.
                                I'll give you any rights to my brain, but I'm not into writing at this point in time. So, it's all yours.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X