No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

may i be shallow and say that one thing i LOVE about seth, other the great sam moments was her hair.

it was just perfect there

ok, back to the serious stuff. i love 'jolinar saves the day' stuff

and the look on sam's face was great. i'm glad that she and jacob made it to see mark but i really wish they'd have had some fallout for her using the ribbon weapon
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      may i be shallow and say that one thing i LOVE about seth, other the great sam moments was her hair.
      LOL... and I have to admit that there were episodes and whole seasons where I thought Sam's hair was great!

ok, back to the serious stuff. i love 'jolinar saves the day' stuff

and the look on sam's face was great. i'm glad that she and jacob made it to see mark but i really wish they'd have had some fallout for her using the ribbon weapon
      Here! Here! I agree with the wish for some description and scenes dealing with the toll that using Goa'uld tech takes on Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Hi all! New screen caps below! However, either my photo-website server, or the Gateworld server, is having slowdown problems of some sort... so - if the pics come up for you as boxes with red x's, then right click on the box where the pic is supposed to be and choose 'Show Picture'... for some reason the pics are then appearing
        I felt as most of you have said you did about the Season 3 episode Seth... not my favorite Stargate or Sam episode, but that the last few scenes were powerful - and amazingly acted by AT. These last few scenes are some of the most vivid Stargate/Sam Carter scenes in my memory... using the hand device... blasting Seth into the ground... her stunned surprise and revulsion at what she's done... Jack's badly timed 'Hail Dorothy'... and AT's reaction to his comment... Powerful scenes, and they tie back to Jolinar's legacy as well as bring in scenes with her Dad.

Jacob and Sam walk towards Jack and Daniel.
        One person seems to turn away and Jacob walks past him.
        He then turns and pulls down his hood.
        SELMAK: Setesh!
        SETH: Tok'ra kree chok!
        He throws Jacob across into a crowd of people.
        CARTER: Dad!
        SELMAK: Your father will survive. Stop Seth.
        CARTER: How? I can't control this.
        SELMAK: You have the will within you. You must summon it.
        Sam puts the device on.

Jack and Daniel arrive and Sam looks up.
        DANIEL: You killed him.
        O'NEILL: Hail Dorothy

Photos are screen caps from the episode Seth
        Transcript excerpts are from the Stargate SG-1 Transcript website

Thanks, Astrogeologist, for these great screen caps from Seth!!
        You bring all these scenes described on this thread to life!! It's a real joy!

Comment

ooh, speaking of good sam eps, how about into the fire? Rambo Sam goes back to blow the shield...and rescue jack

i love how she went back and got jack, then the 'what if they don't' bit

ooh, and sam whumpage, hathor ribboning her
          and the lovely hugs at the end...even hammond gave her a hug which was sweet

give me 4 months or so and i can post a fic i wrote along this line. cept hathor goes into jack and they run off...and sam has to rescue him
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

ooh, speaking of good sam eps, how about into the fire? Rambo Sam goes back to blow the shield...and rescue jack

i love how she went back and got jack, then the 'what if they don't' bit

ooh, and sam whumpage, hathor ribboning her
            and the lovely hugs at the end...even hammond gave her a hug which was sweet

give me 4 months or so and i can post a fic i wrote along this line. cept hathor goes into jack and they run off...and sam has to rescue him
            Oooo... this fic sounds great! Jack gets Goa'ulded and Sam comes to the rescue, sounds like a great storyline

Comment

When I was getting the Sam/Teal'c/staff weapon screen caps from The Children of the Gods, I got a kick out of hearing young Captain Carter shout out orders at the SF's in the gateroom at the end of the episode. Of note, everyone followed her orders - and even Hammond went along - and he had no clue what had happened, or what was happening, on the other side of the 'Gate.

-From COTG-

Stargate Command. A defense team is lined up at the bottom of the ramp as Carter bursts through the wormhole. The soldiers aim their weapons as two more bodies come through.
              Carter: Hold your fire! They're refugees!
              She turns to help the two dazed men up.
              Hammond: (over intercom) I hope you know what you're doing, Captain.

-a few minutes later-

Stargate Command. O'Neill, Kawalsky and Casey stumble through the wormhole. Casey collapses, nearly pulling O'Neill and Kawalsky down with him.
              Carter: (shouting) Now! Lock it up! Lock it up!
              In the control room, Samuels enters a series of commands into the computer.
              Harriman: (over intercom) Closing iris!
              As O'Neill slowly stands up, the iris slides shut. Less than a second after the iris locks, three heavy thuds can be heard - the sound of three armored bodies colliding with the iris at a fatal velocity. The wormhole shuts off.
              Harriman: (over intercom) Wormhole disengaged.

- - -

So... I just thought it was cool that there in the first episode, Carter was listened to and respected by the SGC personnel, from the 'Gate technician to the CO of the base. I also thought it was cool that the writers didn't feel that it was necessary to have O'Neill order the iris closed - it was great that they didn't feel that the 'lead man' had to have the final dramatic commands and words.

Comment

have you ever had a MAJOR brain freeze that stupefies even your own expectations? last night, i revealved i'm 43... I'M NOT! i'm 41. here i am anxious about saying my age, and i added two years!... guess senility isn't that far off!

*shakes head at... forgets why head is shaking... *

Sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  have you ever had a MAJOR brain freeze that stupefies even your own expectations? last night, i revealved i'm 43... I'M NOT! i'm 41. here i am anxious about saying my age, and i added two years!... guess senility isn't that far off!

*shakes head at... forgets why head is shaking... *

Sally
                  LOL...! I know exactly how you feel... was out to lunch the other day and my friend told another friend that it was my birthday... and this person then, of course, asked me my age... and I just stared blankly... so the friend who'd brought it up supplied the answer... (she's exactly 10 years and 2 days older, so she just takes 10 years off her age to get mine). Somehow, I think that after you pass 35, the years start melting together...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Well said! You are hereby awarded the Samandan Medal of Honor for loyalty ....
                    Thanks!

*squees*

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      You may be right in thinking that it's because the episode had an ending where the plot was tidily wrapped up ... Aris shows that he has a good side and SG1 get to go home. It probably wasn't edgy enough to tease the writers.
                      I did a story once (in my head) where Sam was taken from a planet to be sold to a Goauld, and it was Aris that helped track her down and got her back.

Sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

K, I'm not sure who's all seen Moebius part one here but:

Spoiler:
                        HAHAHAHAH, GeekSam!!!! I thought Amanda did a brilliant job, and I know She had SUCH a fun time doing it... I just thought it was an extremely funny break from our serious Sam. I definately picked up on all the little quirks and sillys she did (she told me to look out for certain things, and I found 'em!) I say again, FABULOUS job!!! I was laughing my head off the entire time
                        The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                        |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Thank you, Astro, for the Seth screencaps! I wanted to rep you, but I wasn't allowed. I saved the section with Sam giving that horried-by-her-own-power look around Jack's 'hail dorothy'.

Another nice moment in that ep was after Sam had been drugged/brain washed, and was sitting by Seth's side. What I liked about that moment was the absolute beautiful expression on Sam's face. Amanda did that whole 'in awe of being in the presence of my God' expression.

Sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                            Well having just watched Prometheus, I have to say it had some good Sam moments.
                            Spoiler:
                            She kicks some butt, makes a radio from stray materials, and saves the day by sabotaging the ship. Sure the guys come in at the end, but Sam did the "heavy lifting." And I love when she notices the ship is powering up and says, Crap!
                            Yep, have that ep on tape!

Sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Another non-Sam focused eps/scenes was from s4's Forever In a Day. Daniel was a power monster, and obviously a real monster with what he had done to Teal'c and Sam. I wanted to see more! But Sam had some great stuff in that ep. I wonder how long Daniel would have left Sam in that cell to rot? And that quickie image he had of torturing her... wow.

Sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                                K, I'm not sure who's all seen Moebius part one here but:

Spoiler:
                                HAHAHAHAH, GeekSam!!!! I thought Amanda did a brilliant job, and I know She had SUCH a fun time doing it... I just thought it was an extremely funny break from our serious Sam. I definately picked up on all the little quirks and sillys she did (she told me to look out for certain things, and I found 'em!) I say again, FABULOUS job!!! I was laughing my head off the entire time

Please share these inside tidbits Amanda shared with you when the ep airs for everyone, okay?!?

Thanks, majorsam.

Sally
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X