No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She was real, sheepishly admitting to the guys that she talks to her plants.
    I loved this part Um, I should probably add that that's because I do that, you know, talk to plants. Uh, yeah...... ok.

MajorSam, I loved the pic of you and Amanda, though I would have really, really liked to be able to see the face of the other beautiful woman in it. Shame that somebody got to work in photoshop scrubbing all the features out with purple and orange paint...

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Mucho thanks for the blue jello, astrog! It really does taste better than the other colors.

Joe Mallozzi is online today and I just read a response to a question on the Ask Joe Mallozzi thread that you all might find interesting.

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Beckmen
      Mr. Mallozzi...

Will Carter be written out of the first 5 episodes of Season 9 in a good way, or will it be some kind of cop-out like "she's on vacation/honeymoon" or something of the like. I am adamant that Carter would not leave the SGC willfully for any longer than a few days...

Thanks,
      Beckmen

There's a good reason she's not around. And no, she's not on vacation.
      You can link to the post here Ask Joe Mallozzi You'll have to scroll down to find this particular message.

I felt somewhat reassured by Joe's response, but as another poster points out later, Joe didn't rule out honeymoon.

NC

Comment

for all you sam fic writers out there, there's a brand spankin new yahoo group
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/SamWhumpersAnonymous/

sam whumpers anonymous

whee, sounds like fun

anyway, anyone who is interested, come on over and join becky and me (becky's the list mommy)

let's see if we can have some more sam fun over there and maybe find some good sam fic
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam

My interview was on November 23rd, of last year. It wasn't a normal interview on Stargate or anything, it was an interview on the Career of Acting. So we were talking all about agents and auditions and workshops and stuff. Of course we did get into Stargate at many points as frames of referance (and jokes) and stuff... So yeah, not a normal interview. It went for like....about 2 1/2 hours though

I'll hopefully be posting the interview, if anyone is interested in acting, but i'm just waiting to make sure I have full permission from her before I do so.
          Yes, definitely only post it if you have permission, since she may have been talking to you as one actor to another (or aspiring one.) You don't want to muck things up with her.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver

sam whumpers anonymous

whee, sounds like fun

anyway, anyone who is interested, come on over and join becky and me (becky's the list mommy)

let's see if we can have some more sam fun over there and maybe find some good sam fic

HAHA, Finally, why didn't I think of a group like this? Sam-Whumping is where it's at!

My membership is pending
            The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
            |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

sam whumpers anonymous

whee, sounds like fun

Sounds like a great group! I signed up!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                [SIZE=3][COLOR=RoyalBlue]
                Joe Mallozzi is online today and I just read a response to a question on the Ask Joe Mallozzi thread that you all might find interesting. You can link to the post here Ask Joe Mallozzi You'll have to scroll down to find this particular message. I felt somewhat reassured by Joe's response, but as another poster points out later, Joe didn't rule out honeymoon. NC
                Thanks for the link, NC

Comment

my one quibble with matter of time...man they were so MEAN to sam in that one.

jack and his 'fix it', hammond mouthing off at her topside....it was grumpy at sam day at the sgc
                  I agree with you, and it bothers me whenever they write those types of dismissive lines and interplay between the characters - especially when it's directed at Sam. However - the great thing about Matter of Time was that Sam got to be right in the end -- she figured it out - and if she hadn't then Earth would have been toast.... or squished by the black hole. So I liked the fact that she figured things out and then they listened to her (and the donut ) and put her plan into action.

Comment

Mucho thanks for the blue jello, astrog! It really does taste better than the other colors.

Joe Mallozzi is online today and I just read a response to a question on the Ask Joe Mallozzi thread that you all might find interesting.

You can link to the post here Ask Joe Mallozzi You'll have to scroll down to find this particular message.

I felt somewhat reassured by Joe's response, but as another poster points out later, Joe didn't rule out honeymoon.

NC
                    HONEYMOON! JACK! SAM AND JACK!

*faints*

Sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      I agree with you, and it bothers me whenever they write those types of dismissive lines and interplay between the characters - especially when it's directed at Sam. However - the great thing about Matter of Time was that Sam got to be right in the end -- she figured it out - and if she hadn't then Earth would have been toast.... or squished by the black hole. So I liked the fact that she figured things out and then they listened to her (and the donut ) and put her plan into action.

yep, and i think sam being right at the end earned her a ton of respect from them. she, the little captain from the sgc, was righter than a ton of 'smart people' elsewhere.

I also LOVE the sam/teal'c bits in the tent. t is so sweet and trying to help

sigpic

Comment

and the winner is, with 149 votes cast

drumroll

brrrr
                        rrrrr

rrrrrr
                        rrrrr
                        rrrr

Singularity!!!!

Children of the Gods 5 1.62%
                        Enemy Within 1 .32%
                        Emancipation 28 9.09%
                        Broca Divide 10 3.25%
                        First Commandment 8 2.60%
                        Cold Lazarus 3 0.97%
                        Nox 2 0.65%
                        Brief Candle 0 0%
                        Thor's Hammer 3 0.97%
                        Torment of Tantalus 2 0.65%
                        Bloodlines 0 0%
                        Fire and Water 6 1.95%
                        Hathor 39 12.66%
                        Cor-ai 0 0%
                        Enigma 10 3.25%
                        Solitudes 78 25.32%
                        Tin Man 2 0.65%
                        TBFTGOG 8 2.60%
                        Politics 0 0%
                        Within the serpents grasp 9 2.92%
                        Singularity 94 30.52%

sigpic

Comment

ok, so i see why some of these got lots of votes...but some got none...but sam was in them

anyone have any comments about the low vote getters?

such as Enemy Within, true, sam wasn't the focus, but she was an integral part of it. like when she tried to stop kawalsky and got taken hostage

the nox only got two votes,but i did like sam's scenes with nafreau and her part in the tussle with the jaffa

in brief candle she was also an integral paret of the team, even working to help fix jack

in bloodlines, well she was jsut kinda there. did you notice how the guys sorta gathered around teal'c when it was 'guy time' and sam was sorta left out?

in cor-ai, she and jack argued for teal'c, then got to go and shoot up jaffa

anyone have some other moments from the less popular sam eps??

sigpic

Comment

NC
                            The big question is...who is Sam honeymooning with...Jack or Spudboy?

*new sig....my boys won again...we are now a DYNASTY!*

Comment

Hey MajorSam--thanks for reposting your adventure!! And thanks for posting the picture of Amanda and "almost" you!

Congratulations to Skydiver and MajorSam on their fanfic nominations!

Such wonderful comments about Sam and Janet from everyone. It is such a great friendship---so comfortable. I wish the writers would write Sam mentioning Janet---just even a line or two---either in the second half of season 8 or please, in season 9. (It would also be refreshing to have Sam mention something/anything about Cassie). I also wish in season 9 they would do an AU story with an AU Janet and our Sam having to work together on some mission. It would be interesting to see Sam's reaction to meeting an AU Janet.

I think many have mentioned some of the bests moments between them for me. I don't know why, but I also liked the way Sam and Janet interacted in Fire and Water in Season 1. Janet was so caring to Sam who was in shock after Daniel's "apparent" death. The two characters (and actresses) were just so at ease with each other right from the beginning---and their friendship develops so well and naturally over the seasons.

Sam and Janet often had very short scenes together, but they were always so good. Examples: One Hundred Days when Janet brings Sam coffee while she is working away all day and night and questioned Sam's feelings for Jack in a very tactful way; Message in a Bottle where I think this is where Janet lets Sam know that one of the soldiers who is infected wants to see her?; and in I think the Fifth Man (a friend borrowed my DVDs so I can't check--Ahhhhhhhhhh) where Sam tells Janet that she has to figure out wants going on---Sam clearly has confidence in Janet.

I also liked their interactions in Frozen--it wasn't my favorite episode, but I liked how they worked together, showed concern for each other, and respected each other in this one. Unfortunately there are major missed opportunities in season 7 for good sam/janet interaction (such as at the end of Grace or Death Knell, and Sam could have easily had good conversations with Janet about Pete).

In the commentaries, I remember one or more of the directors saying how they loved when TR and AT would work together because the actresses were so focused and so good at getting it right after one take. They said something like they knew they would be able to go home at a decent time when they had to film these two together.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberMoon
                                The big question is...who is Sam honeymooning with...Jack or Spudboy?

*new sig....my boys won again...we are now a DYNASTY!*

*has heart attack at thought of Sam on honeymoon with

If that were ever to happen, which I doubt...I would just die. Heart attack on the spot and DIE

Spoiler:
                                Pete just has to go away. He just plain CAN'T marry Sam, it just won't happen! And then, kudos to RDA in the Lowdown "They actually might just get together! And then there's a twist!"

So maybe she's off with Jack
                                Spoiler:
                                Fixing this "twist"

If she's with Jack in any capacity, I can die happy. If she's with I will die much to young, if you get what I mean.

Regarding the Sam and Janet discussion which I seem to have totally missed

I loved the friendship incredibly. It shows their softer sides, the fact that they DO have lives. It showed some great female teamwork (Hathor) and just... It was a special thing, their friendship, especially because of Cassie and everything. I was SOOO mad at Heroes when they just brushed off Cassie. As well I was kinda peeved how they made it all about "ooh, did Jack die!?" and then just said "Nope it was Janet"

I think after all the years they could have had the suspense about Janet to interest people than having the great and powerful Jack's life in danger once again.

Although the Jack thing did lead to a beautiful Sam/Jack scene...
                                The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                                |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Working...
                                X