Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
    Crap. If thats the case, looks like I'll be going straight to hell
    Let us pray, brother ... the new Vicar has not yet been hired ... but I think he will have his work cut out for him! You may want to check on what your assistant was up to this past weekend, involving duct tape and restraints. Oh my, oh my, oh my ....

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Let us pray, brother ... the new Vicar has not yet been hired ... but I think he will have his work cut out for him! You may want to check on what your assistant was up to this past weekend, involving duct tape and restraints. Oh my, oh my, oh my ....
      Actually, I don't think I want to know!

Comment

Omigosh, how did we not even talk about Diana Rigg the other night?! She was my very first female hero ... yes, the show was campy and the fight scenes more choreographed and dancey than realistic ... but, Diana Rigg, (an actress trained in the theatre, like AT) just exuded class and style and wit and intelligence. I always wanted her to get whumped a little, but it never happened. She is part of my generation and still a classy lady.

And, I mentioned this about a thousand pages back ... the scene in Space Race where Teal'c tells Jack that Sam has asked him to stay with her to help out ... when AT fixes Teal'c with a knowing look and says "Indeed ..." everything in that moment is pure Emma Peel ... the timing, the look, the delivery, the tone ... I was back with Mrs. Peel and Steed and couldn't stop grinning.

Sorry for going slightly OT, but you touched a nerve!
        Just like ChopinGal I also loved the TV series “The Avengers”. Steed and Mrs. Peel were such fun and I always looked forward to watching them. They had their angst too.

Times have changed a bit, as depicted in the pic below. Notice the difference in the weapon of choice. Yes, times have changed!

(Now I'm going back to listen to NC's audio clips.)

Comment

Originally posted by Coley

"A crushed jam tart or cream trifle is never very appetizing when it has to be sucked off a dirty sock" - Colin Kirkus - Let's Go Climbing!
          And, dear madam, are we to believe that this quotation concerns your evening with a certain member of the royal guard? To think that I pictured you two sitting with hound between, nibbling on popcorn ... not on each other's toes!!

A somewhat appalled Jester

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
            Just like ChopinGal I also loved the TV series “The Avengers”. Steed and Mrs. Peel were such fun and I always looked forward to watching them. They had their angst too.

Times have changed a bit, as depicted in the pic below. Notice the difference in the weapon of choice. Yes, times have changed!

You made my night! Although Agent Dark would probably like to see them change outfits!!

Maybe my next fic should be a time-travel, cross-over into the Avengers meet SG1! hehehehe

Comment

First of all……a fresh plate of Shipper Cookies for all!

Originally posted by Skydiver
              i can create stuff as pdf's, but unless youhave acrobat i don't think you can stitch the separate pages together.

however, if individual pages work, i can convert.
              or i can possibly convert the whole file for you astro

once it's done i can either download it (i have a good connectino at work, dialup at home) or you can snail mail me the cd and i can make the pdf and then mail it back to you
              I have Acrobat. I would be happy to combine them all. But, if she’s just going to print them out, it wouldn’t matter. They could be e-mailed to her as single-page .pdfs, and printed page by page. But it’s just an idea……

Originally posted by tsaxlady
              Greetings all poping in quickly with this - SyFy Portal has opened up voting for SyFy Genre Awards and AT is nominated for Best Actress so go vote at http://www.syfyportal.com/
              Thanks, tsaxlady! I just voted. Did you notice you can vote once a day for 30 days?

And since you all know that I was feeling quite out of sorts over Stargate fandom today, I shall borrow and post the image that cheered me up---1speed’s knees!

Oh Yea Times
              Brought to you from the RA's armchair
              Contributions by ChopinGal
              Edited by ChopinGal

1speed's Knobblies Knobbled!

For all readers waiting with baited breath to see just what all the fuss is about, the Oh Yea Times press photographer - Forever SG1 was lurking in the bushes on Saturday waiting to shoot the scoop! Here's what she managed. Please all those with a delicate disposition look away now!!

And, yes, Chopingal!
              Omigosh, how did we not even talk about Diana Rigg the other night?! She was my very first female hero ... yes, the show was campy and the fight scenes more choreographed and dancey than realistic ... but, Diana Rigg, (an actress trained in the theatre, like AT) just exuded class and style and wit and intelligence. I always wanted her to get whumped a little, but it never happened. She is part of my generation and still a classy lady.
              Emma Peel from The Avengers…..I bet she was one of Sam’s heroes too…..and certainly one of Amanda’s!!!

And, NearlyCircular, thanks for the great Death Knell images and sounds!

This hasn’t been such a bad day after all!

Comment

Count me in as another Emma Peel fan. She was the original kick-butt woman on tv, and just a wry look from her was enough to keep Steed in his place. That was one of the few shows I can remember where the female lead was the action hero instead of the male.

Oh, and congratulations on your 100th post!

NC

Comment

Oh Yea Times
                  Brought to you from the RA's armchair
                  Contributions by ChopinGal
                  Edited by ChopinGal

Flowers In Your Window

It didn't take long for two of the veterans of the thread to act on an idea floated early last week in the kingdom to send our beloved Queen a welcome-back-to-work gift.

A basket of flowers and Belgium chocolates were delivered by midweek and we hoped that they brought some cheer to the return to work blues.

Well done Astro and ChopinGal - and everyone else who played a part

One Speed Sees Queen on the Silver Screen

At last the day came for 1speed4Sam's viewing of the very first StargateSG1 episode.

Once again the entertainment was preambled by the all important soften-him-up-but- not-too-much mountain bike ride in the wilds of the West Yorkshire moors.

The day was bright, sunny and clear, however a force ten gale hampered progress for the ride out and conveniently disappeared on the return leg. We were therefore late at the afternoon tea spot - at gone 5.30pm. A debate about who was going to get to shower first was settled when spirited hound inadvertently walked in front of 1s who was in full flow relief mode - The poor mutt couldn't quite understand why I wouldn't give him a pat until after his shower!!

So to Stargate - later than scheduled at 9.30pm - thus time only for COTG. 1speed was shown to the fully customised Stargate Viewing Settee-tm complete with the optional extra Grip-O-Matic restraints - designed and patented by the RA - I took up my observation post and the proceedings began.

I detected a certain excitement come to 1s's face as our Queen's name rolled by on the screen, and indeed eyes growing to the size of plates each time our Queen appeared on screen. 1s contained his obvious glee and didn't utter a single "Ain't AT hot!" comment - though this may have been due to the duct tape which was stuck firmly across his mouth.

It is left to 1s to sum up his thoughts on COTG - though I can divulge a viewing of The Enemy Within is firmly on the cards!

I believe we have him!!!!

Event Announcements

Art or Bust - the Chimera debate

The season 7 episode "Chimera" is the subject Inaugural Meeting of the Stargate Debating Society which will take place this coming Thursday at the Old Hag's Inn.

Leading the Heaven's Gate corner is Astrogeologist who is the proponent that Chimera provided the character of Samantha Carter a chance to show her previously unseen feminine, fun and flirty side and allow actress Amanda Tapping to broaden her Stargate performance repertoire.
                  I have to state that I *did* not like the morning bedroom behavior of the new boyfriend - nor the way that Sam's response was written. He was a jerk and she should have been allowed to either tell him so - or at least say nothing and then never call him back! (That aside, Coley is correct, in that I had no problem with the earlier parts of the episode... thought the clothes were fine - even great... and liked seeing a little Sam's social life...still wish it had been tied to a scifi plot somehow...)

Sizzling nicely in Hell's Fire is Coley who puts forward the proposal that Chimera was the start of a Sci Fi conspiracy to weaken and sex up the Samantha Carter character with a view to increasing viewing figures by gratuitous use of low cut apparel.
                  Astrog goes back to the Royal Archives for Coley's quote in the Ultimate Sam Highlight Comments...
                  Originally posted by coley
                  Everyone is gonna hate me for this but Chimera displayed AT's acting talents to the full. A totally different Sam appeared. I preferred the innocent shy Sam but AT played confident and flirty to the full. The episode also proved that Sam is most certainly not just a pretty face!! Enough said!!
                  The society is committed to hosting orderly debates and thus all knives, P90's, zats and staff weapons must be left at the door. Strix will be on hand should anyone step out of line. In the hot seats Astro and Coley will be subjected to the use of the RA's patented grip-o-matic restraints.

Tickets are selling fast!!

Recording Session

In commemoration of the 40th anniversary of the "Sound of Music", Royal Accountant will be recording a new album, entitled "Climb Every Mountain". Unfortunately, Mother Superior and her singing nuns are unable to provide backup choir because of some legal dispute over copyright material which is keeping them busy. It seems there has been a flurry of jokes being distributed across the kingdom which the good sisters thought belonged to the convent library only. So, Royal Accountant may have to sing solo for the album

Book Corner

Here are the new books to hit the shelves this week

"How to Curry Favour with your Favourite TV Star" - by Astrogeologist and ChopinGal - a comprehensive guide to buttering up your fave TV personality includes a section on the most efficient way to send bouquets of flowers and chocolates - A must for everyone who is a fan of someone

"How to Cope with Fans" - By The Queen" An autobiographical piece on how to cope with the kindness of strangers and the more zealous of fans. Includes a section on coping with unexpected gifts such as bouquets of flowers and chocolates from fans far away. It also contains a practical guide on interacting with fans at conventions when you know only too well by viewing the SAGCT and the Oh Yea Times that a small but unknown proportion of those people you are talking to have quite frankly lost their marbles!

"The Long and Whining Road" - By 1speed4Sam - a guide to mountain biking the 1speed way. Includes a chapter on coping with MTB buddies whining about the amount of time they spend waiting for the 1speed rider to catch up!

"Spelunking for Fun and Profit" by Strix Varia (Warrior Princess), Personal Guard to the Queen ... how to turn your disasters into something completely different. Combine the excitement of the unknown with your knowledge of first-aid!

"The Art of Impersonation" - by Coley - This is a comprehensive guide which documents the many techniques available to enable you to impersonate the most improbable individuals. Coley surprises us all with her ability to seemingly look like our glorious Queen - read how she managed to look like the most beautiful woman on earth with only just-average looks, smoke and mirrors, fortunate lighting and a kind camera angle. The book also deals with the legal issues surrounding this particular pastime.

Stop Press!

1speed's Knobblies Knobbled!

For all readers waiting with baited breath to see just what all the fuss is about, the Oh Yea Times press photographer - Forever SG1 was lurking in the bushes on Saturday waiting to shoot the scoop! Here's what she managed. Please all those with a delicate disposition look away now!!

Jester's Joke of the Week

3 nuns get killed in a car crash and they get up to Heaven and Peter is at the gate and he says, "I'm afraid you're going to have to answer a question each before you can come in.

So he says to the first nun - don't worry the questions are very easy. "What was the name of the first woman?" the nun replies "Eve" and Peter says, "You're in!"

So he says to the next nun "Where did Eve live?" and the nun replies "The Garden of Eden!" and Peter says - "Yup, you're in too!"

The he says to the third one who is a Mother Superior "I'm afraid the question is going to have to be a little more tricky for you!" So he asks "What did Eve say when she first saw Adam?". The Mother Superior thinks and says "Oh that's a hard one!" - Peter says, "Yeh - you're in!"

Oh Yea Oh Yea - Positions Vacant

Wanted: Backup singers and musicians for commemorative album. Must have a tolerance for lead singer singing off-key and ability to sing and play loudly.

Wanted: Vicar. Must have the proper theological credentials and an ability to deliver a rowsing sermon. The good citizens of Samanda are often sleepy on Sunday mornings and need to be lifted to greater heights by bells and whistles if necessary; if that fails, Grip-O-Matic restraints can be purchased through RA.

Any citizen who wishes to apply for additional positions, please send resume to the Court Jester via SaGCT. Jester is in charge of nominations to the Court and one second from an existing Court memeber is required to make the appointment official.

Quotes of the Week

"One can never consent to creep when one feels the need to soar" - Helen Keller

"There is no revenge so complete as forgiveness" - Josh Billings

"The most potent muse of all is our own inner child" - Stephen Nadimanovitch

"A crushed jam tart or cream trifle is never very appetizing when it has to be sucked off a dirty sock" - Colin Kirkus - Let's Go Climbing!
                  ROTFLOL! Great job, Coley! Such fun - and I love your humor! I have added this edition to the Oh Yea Times Index post

Great pic of the knobblies too...! 1speed has been heard muttering something about the RA's new prowess with loading and posting pics in her posts...

And here's some Royal Blue Jello to cap off the evening -or it may be morning for you when you get this...hmmm... blue jello for breakfast... erm, well, it is of the *special* stock, so perhaps it is appropriate for any time of the day!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                    G’night Coley! Great job of the paper. Oh yea I say!
                    Meanwhile, early morning here, so...

Yes, “Nine” is fabulously fun. I can’t stop smiling while reading it.

About the cd, I could post one to astro for the collection if she wants. I could possibly post it today, it might not happen, but after that it will be a couple of weeks until I next go near a post office, so tell me what you want me to do. Anyone here know the postage to send one cd to USA?

And, um, it was the ‘meteor that causes the dinosaurs to go extinct’ pic which I was worried about. I mean, it’s not too weird is it? I made it for the collection, but it took a lot of getting up the nerve to post it.
                    The meteor pic is fine, deepspace! Hold off on sending the CD (you can send it when you get back near a post office in a few weeks). In the meantime - you said that the files are somekind of special html files... Mhtml (if I remember correctly)? Are those files readable by a regular web browser like Internet Explorer?

Comment

DUH ... see? I'm certainly not a geologist like Astro ... I had no idea that the pretty pic was a dinosaur-destroying-butt-kickin'-world-destroying-kind of phenomenon ... it just looked pretty and blue to me.
                      LOL at that description!

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Here are some more commentary audio clips, this time from Death Knell. Major Sal, I know you dislike public celebrations of birthdays even more than I do, but you started this thread on my birthday, and it’s felt like I’ve been getting a present almost every day since then. These clips are a small way of saying thank you.
                        What a wonderful birthday present for MajorSal, NC! And what a fantastic sentiment: it’s felt like I’ve been getting a present almost every day since then. (Also pretty cool that MajorSal started the thread on your birthday!)That was so much fun, NC! Thanks so much for posting this - the audio together with the pics is such a great combo!

Royal Blue

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                          Sam and her leather
                          Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          What fun, Kat! And I think you made AgentDark's day with this collage! The second one reminds me of some of the leather tops/outfits that Emma Peel wore on the old Avengers TV series. (I'm not against them in either series or on either woman). Emma Peel was a great female lead who 'kicked serious bad guy butt'! (If anything on that wonderfully campy series could be considered serious)

And, I mentioned this about a thousand pages back ... the scene in Space Race where Teal'c tells Jack that Sam has asked him to stay with her to help out ... when AT fixes Teal'c with a knowing look and says "Indeed ..." everything in that moment is pure Emma Peel ... the timing, the look, the delivery, the tone ... I was back with Mrs. Peel and Steed and couldn't stop grinning.

Sorry for going slightly OT, but you touched a nerve!

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          OMG, Sam/Leather! My OTP! (along with Sam/P-90, Sam/Astrophysics and Sam/Blue Jello )

I get up in the morning, check the forums and see this collage at the top of the page. I love this thread!

*drools*
                          You made my night! Although Agent Dark would probably like to see them change outfits!!

Maybe my next fic should be a time-travel, cross-over into the Avengers meet SG1! hehehehe
                          Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                          Count me in as another Emma Peel fan. She was the original kick-butt woman on tv, and just a wry look from her was enough to keep Steed in his place. That was one of the few shows I can remember where the female lead was the action hero instead of the male.
                          LOL! What a great pic, Samfan! Good shot of Emma Peel in a set of those leather clothes - and it does look like that shot of AT (second pic from left at the top of Kat's collage). I have to say... I like Sam's getup better... more real... more 'kick-ass'... and well, she does have the much more serious gun... Emma's looks 'cute' (but that's what it was supposed to be... cute but deadly was her role).

More Blue Jello Barkeep!
                          Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 May 2005, 07:16 PM.

Comment

Such fun... comparing Sam Carter with Emma Peel... and that reminded me of Strix's wonderfully astute comparison of AT with Lucille Ball... what range AT has played!
                            Originally posted by Strix varia
                            Okay, so, I was fairly certain that Lucille Ball did the fish-face/mouth thing sort of like AT in Moebius... think there's an influence there?

Comment

Chopingal: Astro is on the west coast so it would be cheaper to mail directly to her from Australia. But I can't help you with the rate ... hopefully, Astro will be back on soon and PM you an answer with how to get it to her. Good luck!
                              DUH ... see? I'm certainly not a geologist like Astro ... I had no idea that the pretty pic was a dinosaur-destroying-butt-kickin'-world-destroying-kind of phenomenon ... it just looked pretty and blue to me.
                              Don't stay away too long, little Page ... and take good care of yourself ... and keep thinking "wings", not "roots".
                              astro: The meteor pic is fine, deepspace! Hold off on sending the CD (you can send it when you get back near a post office in a few weeks). In the meantime - you said that the files are somekind of special html files... Mhtml (if I remember correctly)? Are those files readable by a regular web browser like Internet Explorer?
                              Sheesh. What on earth have I done to make everyone suddenly think I’m going away? All I did was say I wouldn’t be going to a post office for a while. I was thinking about going to the library today, which is near a PO, but changed my mind because it’s raining h e a v i l y. I don’t go out that often, is all. So I probably won’t be going near one for a week or so.

I’m pretty sure that anyone should be able to view an MHTML file. I use IE (internet explorer) and they open fine. I could have saved them as HTML files, which is the default for saving webpages, but for each page you save it creates a separate folder for all the images contained on that page. This is a bit messy, but most of all, if you separate the picture file from its partner page, the pics on the page no longer work. However, MHTML’s save as single pages, complete in themselves. Also, unlike HTML files, if you click on the gateworld page numbers at the bottom of each page, then it links directly to the page number you click on, even when you’re offline. This means that you don’t have to open each page individually.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

The Kingdom of Samanda?????

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X