Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coley
    Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

Cool pic...where's it from?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Strix - whats spelunking?!
      Spelunking is caving.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Spelunking is caving.
        Yup, yup. And there was this lovely, black, bottomless drop below me, too, as I was hanging there by my dislocated arm.

Come to think of it, I haven't been spelunking since that grand adventure, either.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          all i've ever heard about was the concussion. i don't think her shoulder was dislocated

what happened was that she wasa going to throw herself back, then jay did it too and the combined force send her smashing into the wall and, i'm thinking, she was knocked out.

what's so cute, now i have no way to confirm this, later on we see a briefing room scene, rda is sitting next to amanda and he reaches out and touches her arm, almost like he's doing a quick 'are you ok' before they start taping
          These are really bad photos.. I tried to clean them up real quick but gave up lol.

I thought I'd add these pictures as well, because I think they're cute (not in a S/J kind of way), but in a AT/RDA kind of way.

I think it's funny how the two of them seem to mimick each other's hand gestures. I used to think it was RDA and nervous energy, but I've seen scenes where AT mimicks RDA's gestures as well.

One would guess that after eight years of working with one another, the entire team probably have a way of unconciously mimicking one another, but I thought this was amusing seeing as it was the pilot episode.

Comment

You'd dare to restrain Strix - Warrior Princess - after she's been given a bona fide excuse to throw herself bodily at AT?! You're a braver gal than I!
            That's right! Woe be to any who stands between me and my duty to protect my Queen!

(Um... say, Coley, I don't suppose I could bribe you to pop a few balloons at random intervals, could I? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...)

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
              Vegas in August?! Did you hear that, Carterslave?! These Samandans will need a security guard for sure!! No wonder you'll be broke for the Fall season. LOL I've got a rather-large and pricey trip already scheduled for September and am desperately hoping, like you, that AT will want to wait a little longer to travel with Olivia and that it will happen possibly early next year instead.

Looks like lots of family and friends are getting "home made" Christmas presents this year.
              Oh I want to go too!! I just need to raid the RA's liquor cabinet before the plane takes off and make sure they keep a steady stream of the stuff for the duration of the trip and I'll be just fine!!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                These are really bad photos.. I tried to clean them up real quick but gave up lol.

I thought I'd add these pictures as well, because I think they're cute (not in a S/J kind of way), but in a AT/RDA kind of way.

I think it's funny how the two of them seem to mimick each other's hand gestures. I used to think it was RDA and nervous energy, but I've seen scenes where AT mimicks RDA's gestures as well.

One would guess that after eight years of working with one another, the entire team probably have a way of unconciously mimicking one another, but I thought this was amusing seeing as it was the pilot episode.
                A few weeks ago, probably on the S-J Family Discussion Thread, someone quoted one of the producers as saying that having them mirror each other's mannerisms was a device used to show that the characters are in sync with each other.....or attracted to each other. But I don't remember the specifics.

Comment

Where did the photo of AT rock climbing come from? What was it for?

Where did the pics from behind the scenes of Enemy Within come from?

ON EDIT...I think I'm spinning my wheels here because I'm being so secretive about my big Sam project and not allowing my fellow Samandans to participate.

If you have some great AT story or special knowledge about AT or Carter, please contact me and I'll let you in on what I'm up to...TRULY THE ULTIMATE OF AT/SC PROJECTS!!!

Heck, I've even set up a stupid windows messenger account for easier access to me (not quite sure how to use it yet though)

So, Forever, AstroG, NearlyC, Tsax, Strix, SkyDiver, MajorSal, CarterSlave...ALL OF YOU!!!! please contact me.

Really.

I mean it.

Please contact me!!!
                  Last edited by Uber; 15 May 2005, 03:24 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Testing, testing one, two, three:

The Royal Accountant risks life and limb struggling up a 200m high technical climb to the nook the Jester told her about. A fumble, a grapple and it all becomes annoyingly crystal. She shouts down in more than narked tone:-

"Oi Jest' there's no secret stash of vintage Sloe Gin in here!"

The RA curses and thinks "Ive been had - it was a cunning ploy by the Jest' to get me out of the way so she can spend some time alone by the river with Murray - Spring has sprung!! Just wait - I'll get my own back! Now is it easier to climb up or go back down?"

That's actually Coley rockclimbing! She looks a lot like AT doesn't she?!

Comment

I think this picture is of Coley.

The pictures I put up are actually from the episode Enemy Within, if you look closely you can see RDA touch AT for a brief second as the camera pans around the table.

ON EDIT...I think I'm spinning my wheels here because I'm being so secretive about my big Sam project and not allowing my fellow Samandans to participate.

If you have some great AT story or special knowledge about AT or Carter, please contact me and I'll let you in on what I'm up to...TRULY THE ULTIMATE OF AT/SC PROJECTS!!!

Heck, I've even set up a stupid windows messenger account for easier access to me (not quite sure how to use it yet though)

So, Forever, AstroG, NearlyC, Tsax, Strix, SkyDiver, MajorSal, CarterSlave...ALL OF YOU!!!! please contact me.

Really.

I mean it.

Please contact me!!!
                      Will do!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                        I’ve just finished reading Uber’s Darker Side of Night and Eclipse. Only the second lot of fanfic that I have ever read! Super work Mary Beth. I’ve posted reviews for you. Keep it up.
                        Thank you for the great reviews!

I agree with your assessment. As I've mentioned before, I was trying to keep the stories under or around 50 pages because, well, I wasn't sure if people would find my stories interesting enough that I could hold their attention if they were too much longer...

However, I have been appropriately chided for this false belief and will release the "director's cut" when the last installment is finished...

Comment

Hi everyone!

About injuries Amanda Tapping recieved, i'm pretty sure the info about the dislocated shoulder is from IMDB, and i think that it also does not mention anything about her concussion, so it's probably wrong.

I dont know where the pics came from but Amanda Tapping's website is really good for articles about her from magazines and interviews from years ago, aswell as pics. I remember reading about injuries she got from her website in some of her interviews. There might be more info there.

I also see that alot of you have "royal" Titles or names; here's one for me -
                          "Royal Stalker", i only actually post something occassionally even though i'm here ALOT.

Also at first i thought that was Amanda rock climbing, damn you look like her Coley

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            That's actually Coley rockclimbing! She looks a lot like AT doesn't she?!
                            I know! I was abit confused too until I read that it was actually Coley

I think that the Security Office will be contacting Coley sometime soon, in case we ever need a body double!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                              Originally posted by SamFan31
                              I thought AD’s suggestion of trying an F-302 version of one of the copter pics was a great idea. So here it is, and my goodness, that bird has a HUGE wing span!

F-302 Medium Size (800x600)
                              F-302 Large Size (1024x768)
                              Wow! That's wonderful SamFan!!
                              Originally posted by Astrogeologist
                              Beautifully done, Samfan! I am in awe of your photoshopping skills - you and Kat are both naturals at graphic design with photographs!
                              Thank you both for the encouraging words!

When I orginally posted the pic I forgot to mention that Astrog pointed me to Covenant to find the F-302 screen cap. That was most helpful or I'd still be searching. It's difficult to identify an episode name when you can't remember what each episode is about!

Comment

Really.

I mean it.

Please contact me!!!
                                If anyone wants to add me to their MSN, my addy is perfect_dark53(at)hotmail.com Just let me know first, so I know who you are

Comment

Working...
                                X