Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Strix varia
    LOL! You bet, sir, I'm going to be guarding her... um, I mean, the rear, right?
    I think we'll be sharing that particular job around

Comment

What an evening I had last night - After work I went to get my a hair cut so I don't look like the Shaggy DA for several concerts over the weekend - My hairstylist and I started talking and she said she hated working on Friday nights because it meant she missed her favorite TV program. I asked her what that was and she said you probably don't know it but it's called Stargate SG-1. At which point I told her about going to the Vancouver Con a few weeks ago and how much I loved Stargate. She talked about how she would love to meet AT because she thinks she has great hair and said that it is always so perfect in the show. Being one who usually dislikes going to get a hair cut today was a good day.

Since I was home early enough to see Stargate tonight how about a couple pics from tonights episode.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        A Royal List of the Scribes of Samanda

This select club welcomes any citizen who has written and published at least one Samfic online. To date, the following are Royal Members of the Scribes of Samanda:

Madam President, MajorSam
        Madam Vice-President, MajorSal
        Keeper of the Flame, Astrogeologist
        Census Taker, Skydiver
        Court Jester, ChopinGal
        Royal Photographer, UberSG-1 Fan
        Lurker Extraordinaire, Tok'ra Hostess
        Loyal Citizens: Strix varia; Myrth

Please apply for membership should you be eligible and we shall be glad to welcome you into the fold and post your name here. Apologies to anyone unintentionally omitted.

Jester
        Might I respectfully apply for membership of this club? I have written and posted one Samfic, and hopefully will write another sometime. It's called 'Small Gestures' and can be found here: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lgestures.html

It's just a little something that was rattling around my head at 2am one night and refused to let me sleep until I'd gotten it out on paper. Please feel free to read and give feedback (hinthint)! It's Sam/Jack and kinda angsty I guess.
        Royal Page of Samanda
        "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
          Hey! All of us newbies want to join! Doth the kingdom have room? I thought you all had been fans so long that you'd met at conventions and stuff, and that you had your own little thing going. I admit I was too shy to ask.
          Nope! I'm about as new as they come! And speaking of applying for positions in the Royal Court (yes, I'm VERY BEHIND!!! Spent twelve hours racing around Melbourne today - literally!) can I join? I know it's getting very full, but I'll do anything! And I'm very loyal, handy with words, not artistic so that's out, will do menial chores in the name of serving the Queen - oh, and I can sing, dance and act (not nearly as well as AT of course, but I try!), so maybe I could join the minstrels or entertainment troupe if there is one?

Edit: Oooh, just noticed that I'm now a mature symbiote! *does happy dance* Oh, the matureness of me! S'pose it is only four days til my eighteenth b'day and have to start being all grown up and such...
          Last edited by Charlie; 14 May 2005, 02:37 AM.
          Royal Page of Samanda
          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

One last post and then I must get to bed I have a long weekend of concerts ahead of me. As I said in my last post I was rewatching It's Good To Be King tonight on SciFi - Well it was cool to see this episode after having been to the set recently -
            Spoiler:
            The standing set from IGTBK has been added on too. It currently is about 3x's larger than it was for this episode. In the pictures below the one with Jack, Sam and Maybourne were they are standing I noticed what loked like it would be a ring transporter - I asked Martin Gero about it and he said "You'll have to wait until the new episode come out for an answer - just wait and see it will be cool" - We then walked up the stairs and as I went by the opening were the burnt orange/brown flag is hanging I noticed a drawing on the ledge so I stopped to take a look - well sure enough it was a drawing of ringing transporter in the courtyard of the set below. One of the things that is really interesting is that this whole set is fake rock - I know it looks real on TV but it looks really good until you get right up to it and touch it or see a small area were it has been damaged.

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Pic 1:

S: Nope not as firm as Jack's
              D: Damn!

Pic 2:

S: Uh sir, they're at the front, you missed
              J: So I did

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

ADD A CAPTION
              sigpic

Comment

Another useful one to know for Windows users is the Nemo codec pack which installs a whole bunch of different obscure codecs. Handy to get broad codec compatibility.

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                lol, its actually 'codec'. Stands for Compression/Decompression - basically what type of rules the file uses to be compressed to save space and decompressed for playback. Popular codecs are Divx and Xvid
                sigpic

Comment

caption:

Dress on the right, he's had a good night
                  Dress to the other side, 'junior' missed his ride
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                    Might I respectfully apply for membership of this club? I have written and posted one Samfic, and hopefully will write another sometime. It's called 'Small Gestures' and can be found here: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...lgestures.html

It's just a little something that was rattling around my head at 2am one night and refused to let me sleep until I'd gotten it out on paper. Please feel free to read and give feedback (hinthint)! It's Sam/Jack and kinda angsty I guess.
                    You most certainly may, dear scribe! I read this story ages ago and loved it! Hope you do intend to write more. In fact, your story reminds me of a love song from the 1950s called "Little Things Mean a Lot".

I shall add you to our list of Royal Scribes - well done!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Hmmmm......Royal Media Analyst?

Or Royal Soothsayer?

Of course, none of my predictions have been proven true yet, so I don't want to get over-confident.

Maybe Keeper of the Heart? Curator of the Faith?

You guys are way more creative than I am.
                      Hmmm ... do you mean Royal Mediator (and resident Therapist), or Royal Seer (one who looks into the future and makes some predictions)?

Please advise ....

Comment

Yeah, I really like almost everything that Rowan writes. She has a website with all of her stories at:

http://rowan_d.tripod.com/rstories.html

She also started a yahoo group called Gateship that is a very friendly place where all "ships" (friendship, relationships, kinship, teamship) are welcome. When I'm not laughing here, I head there for a chuckle or two, as well as some excellent fic.
                        I agree, Strix. I think Rowan is one of the better writers out there and thanks for sharing these links to her stories.

Comment

LOL! You bet, sir, I'm going to be guarding her... um, I mean, the rear, right?
                          Your job, Strix,
                          Is to cover her six!

And behave yourself ...

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
                            Nope! I'm about as new as they come! And speaking of applying for positions in the Royal Court (yes, I'm VERY BEHIND!!! Spent twelve hours racing around Melbourne today - literally!) can I join? I know it's getting very full, but I'll do anything! And I'm very loyal, handy with words, not artistic so that's out, will do menial chores in the name of serving the Queen - oh, and I can sing, dance and act (not nearly as well as AT of course, but I try!), so maybe I could join the minstrels or entertainment troupe if there is one?

Edit: Oooh, just noticed that I'm now a mature symbiote! *does happy dance* Oh, the matureness of me! S'pose it is only four days til my eighteenth b'day and have to start being all grown up and such...
                            Ah ... the young do not always do what they are told ... racing around Melbourne, huh? We may want to assign you as our newest Royal Page. This is a respected position as you will be one of the attendants to the Court, especially those of us who are a bit, how may I say it delicately, more mature? (Cough ...) We royal hens can use an assist every now and then and it will be nice to have you and deepspace available with your youthful energy and enthusiasm. After a night of purveying the Royal Liquor Cabinet, Royal Accountant, Wise Elder, and yours truly have been known to totter a bit crossing the streets. Having a Page nearby would be appreciated.

However, not to worry, you will be a presence at all Court functions, offering valuable aid wherever needed and joining in the performing arts as well. Samanda always welcomes singers, dancers, and musicians into its midst, especially should Murray and his Merry Minstrels not be available for the next Royal Gala.

So, what say? I deem you an honourable Royal Page of the kingdom for the present time. I also suggest that both Royal Pages get to make each other's acquaintance as it seems you may have lots in common (country, age, hobbies, etc.) Methinks you may become the Royal Twins and Adored Darlings of Samanda.

One final note: Remember to provide your May birthdate to the Court as we do keep a record of these. In fact the other Royal Page (deepspace) is keeping that list.

Jester
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 14 May 2005, 06:31 AM.

Comment

ADD A CAPTION
                              Wow! I didn't realize Daniel was such a good limbo dancer!
                              sigpic

Comment

http://img98.echo.cx/img98/8122/4x075f00713ub.jpg

Jack: Don't worry Teal'c. Just keep your eyes on Carter. That way if things get hairy you'll have something soft to land on.

Sam: Excuse Me??

Jack: (smirking) Joking.

Sam: So NOT funny.

I like it, I like it! LOL Great visual image ... Teal'c landing on Sam ... ouch!

Comment

Working...
                                X