X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    ooh, look, it's FIC

http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive2/11/numb.html

and it's sam fic...and yes, ther's some sam/teal'c friendship in there, which is why i read it initially
    Good fic - very angsty - lots of the stuff that they don't have time for in the show. Thanks for the rec and link, Sky!

And that led me to thinking about something I'd like to see in a future episode: Sam comforting Teal'c. We've seen Teal'c comfort Sam on more than one occassion. A scene where Teal'c's barriers break down a bit and he opens himself to Sam would show great depth to their friendship and the high level of respect and trust that he has in her - both as a comrade -and as a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Excellent, RT! And the mini-star was a stroke of genius. Now they can twinkle together.

You definitely are showing great potential in your new role. Keep up the good work! Are you capable of general maintenance? There appears to be a light bulb that needs replacement in the corridor outside the Queen's private quarters, which leads me to wonder ... how many Samandans does it take to change a royal light bulb?!

Jester
      That totally depends on how much fun we can have with said project! If it leads to interesting digital pics which can be posted for 'Create a Caption'... if it leads to interesting discussions and/or frivolity... then many, many Samandans may volunteer to be present and helpful for the changing of said light bulb. The Queen would probably be willing to help, but she might also install a technologically enhanced bulb that would transport everyone in the vicinity into an Alternate Universe... or, at the very least, out of phase with the rest of reality... Of course, many of us are already there...

Comment

I know! I found the CarterCopter and the article on the self-replicating robots. How about Royal Researcher?

Comment

LOL Methinks the Keeper wants to escape KP duties and sees a prime target!
          What KP duties? The kitchen burned down! Insurance adjusters were after the Royal Accountant for weeks! The RA claimed computer problems prevented her from being available...hmmmm....

Comment

Oh most High Council, I would like ( bows down deep )to apply as royal gopher.

Comment

So I'm reading the latest posts, catching up on convos I couldn't possibly hope to understand (hopefully because I'm one of an elite group of Lurker Extraordinaires! ), and I see the image that GW has at the top of the webpage that changes every time you refresh the page.

And there... is this screencap of AT from the Lowdown at the beginning of S8, where she is preparing to do the torture scene from "New Order." Her eyes are crossed and her head is tilted funkily, but it's HILARIOUS!

I just laugh every time I see it... I figure, very few people could pull off that facial expression...

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                Well.....I may have found Queen Sam's next challenge.
                Look at this article I found posted on another thread:
                http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9595_22-5704621.html
                Originally posted by SamFan31
                Egad!! Baby replicators!! "The robots, which don't do anything else except make copies of themselves, are powered through contacts on the surface of the table and transfer data through their faces."
                Yikes! Don't these people watch science fiction? Replicators = Bad Idea! Of course, they probably *got* the idea from science fiction!

Comment

Apparently, they don't watch science fiction. Astrog.....how about me being the Royal Researcher? I keep finding these weird things.....

Comment

What's the deadline for flower money/message submissions?

I've got a question for you all...and although it might not seem very Samandan-ish, it actually is for the largest Sam project I've ever dared to undertake...

I need a graphic representation of a specific word.

For instance, if the word was love, the graphic representation would be a heart. If it was health, it would be a red cross.

The word I need a graphic representation for is Whoops or Oops...so put your thinking caps on!

(Time to whine now) And hopefully I'll have more of a response than I did for my plea for someone to PM me and catch me up...since NO ONE RESPONDED!!!(whining off)

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Oh, Uber, sorry.......I'm just trying to see if I can remember everything that has happened this week. I've been out of town myself at a conference in Knoxville, and I've just been checking in during the evenings.

Let's see. They sent the flowers, and confirmed that they were delivered to Bridge.

We discussed the Collection Project. Anything should be printable on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, and should have a one-inch left margin, to take the binder into account.

In the thread, Chopingal recreated the history of the Kingdom of Samadan, and all the members of the Royal Court were listed.....prompting some of us "newbies" to ask to join. Some lovely banners were created for members of the court, including you!!!!!

I found a Reuters article about real self-replicating robots (EEEKKK!), and SamFan31 posted some more great pics of the CarterCopter.

It was suggested that we try to get AT on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but since it costs $15,000, it was quickly decided that the Royal Treasury probably wouldn't bear the cost.

And, as usual, Astrog kept us all straight and up to our eyeballs in blue jello!

Ok, fellow members of the Kingdom, what have I forgotten? Uber needs to know!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        What's the deadline for flower money/message submissions?

I've got a question for you all...and although it might not seem very Samandan-ish, it actually is for the largest Sam project I've ever dared to undertake...

I need a graphic representation of a specific word.

For instance, if the word was love, the graphic representation would be a heart. If it was health, it would be a red cross.

The word I need a graphic representation for is Whoops or Oops...so put your thinking caps on!

(Time to whine now) And hopefully I'll have more of a response than I did for my plea for someone to PM me and catch me up...since NO ONE RESPONDED!!!(whining off)

I'm sure neither of these really help ya out, but they both say 'whoops' to me.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          Oh, Uber, sorry.......I'm just trying to see if I can remember everything that has happened this week. I've been out of town myself at a conference in Knoxville, and I've just been checking in during the evenings.

Let's see. They sent the flowers, and confirmed that they were delivered to Bridge.

We discussed the Collection Project. Anything should be printable on an 8.5x11 sheet of paper, and should have a one-inch left margin, to take the binder into account.

In the thread, Chopingal recreated the history of the Kingdom of Samadan, and all the members of the Royal Court were listed.....prompting some of us "newbies" to ask to join. Some lovely banners were created for members of the court, including you!!!!!

I found a Reuters article about real self-replicating robots (EEEKKK!), and SamFan31 posted some more great pics of the CarterCopter.

It was suggested that we try to get AT on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, but since it costs $15,000, it was quickly decided that the Royal Treasury probably wouldn't bear the cost.

And, as usual, Astrog kept us all straight and up to our eyeballs in blue jello!

Ok, fellow members of the Kingdom, what have I forgotten? Uber needs to know!
                          Well I'll have to check to see which of my banners was chosen (I'm guessing the "Sam: A Hero for Every Season" one)...

Regarding the flowers...to whom do I send the PayPal for my share???

And since my brain is swiss-cheesy and I'm doin' great to remember my own name right now (it's Mary Beth...I think), what exactly is entailed in the "Collection Project"?

Regarding the Walk of Fame, perhaps after we have instigated the Royal Tax Service, we can discuss using kingdom funds for such a worthy purchase... I'm thinking if we ever really did something that cool, AT would like HAVE to meet us...

Oh, was there any answer regarding her combat bracelet? I noticed that she wasn't wearing it in Gemini and that surprised me. I couldn't tell for IGTBK...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                            I'm sure neither of these really help ya out, but they both say 'whoops' to me.

http://img202.echo.cx/img202/8542/oops8vz.jpg
                            Cool pics Kat (and super quick turn around btw)...but I'm thinking more along the lines of a small graphic...not nearly as small as the emoticons here (i.e., ) but not an actual photo. Just a simple graphic...

Comment

My good lady, you have approached the Court at just the right moment. We will send Royal Technician over to you, the new Royal Chauffeur, to help install the royal baby carseat into the carriage. Remember to drive with care when taking the Queen and her Princess for a jaunt around the kingdom. You must be on watch for a certain Royal Security Guard who tends to get a bit brazen with his one-speed cycle. However, with your vast driving experience, you should be able to handle anything that comes down the pike. Unfortunately, we cannot offer you a Mustang convertible at this time. You will have to settle for the Rolls Royce in the Queen's garage.

If it meets with the Queen's approval, you and Royal Technician may also have the pleasure of working on the Indian motorcycle and Volvo parked in the same garage.

I will now add you to the Official Royal Listing on page 349.

Oh, yes, indeed ... remember to stop by my humble abode for an occasional jam session. Lyre and saxophone! Now that is quite an unusual combination but it is never too soon to practice for the next Royal Gala. All work and no play ... as they say. Perhaps Madam President will even join us with her own horn. By the way, have I ever told you about Murray?

Jester
                              Thanks for the honor of becoming part of the Royal Court. I do so solemnly swear to drive with the utmost care while transporting the Queen or any one else in the Court. Have no fear I have great experience with avoiding others on the roadway so our Royal Security Guard will be safe.

Now about that Rolls-Royce would that be the Rolls-Royce Phantom

The Rolls-Royce Silver Seraph

Or perhaps the Rolls-Royce Corniche

Or maybe it's really a Bentley Azure

I also look forward to stoping by for a jam session - last night I had fun with a jazz version of Waltz of the Flowers - and while I'm there you can tell me about Murray
                              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Well I'll have to check to see which of my banners was chosen (I'm guessing the "Sam: A Hero for Every Season" one)...

Regarding the flowers...to whom do I send the PayPal for my share???

And since my brain is swiss-cheesy and I'm doin' great to remember my own name right now (it's Mary Beth...I think), what exactly is entailed in the "Collection Project"?

Regarding the Walk of Fame, perhaps after we have instigated the Royal Tax Service, we can discuss using kingdom funds for such a worthy purchase... I'm thinking if we ever really did something that cool, AT would like HAVE to meet us...

Oh, was there any answer regarding her combat bracelet? I noticed that she wasn't wearing it in Gemini and that surprised me. I couldn't tell for IGTBK...
                                Special banners were created.....

The flowers have been paid for......

For the collection, create some sort of message to AT, or something else creative.....Astrog (I think) is compiling them into a book we can send.

I don't remember on the rest, but will check and PM or e-mail you tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X