Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    We’ve had another Carter’s Copter sighting. Sam successfully completed the maintenance chores on the copter and is pleased with the results. She feels the copter is ready for a stress test, so she embarks on a highflying journey. Thanks to time-lapse photography we get a glimpse of her piloting skills and physical stamina.

Warning! Don’t look at this pic if you have a headache or aren’t wearing your glasses!! Time-lapse photography can be hazardous to your health…

Loop - full size pic - click here
    Yeeehaw! The best CarterCopter pic yet, Samfan! Love it!

Break out the *Special Stock* of Royal Blue!

Last edited by astrogeologist; 09 May 2005, 08:01 PM.

Comment

astrogeologist, you are simply AMAZING!!!! The pic is FANTASTIC! I'm so in awe, I'm speechless. I'm going out tomorrow and buy new graphics programs. It's been WAY too long since I did anything of merit.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into these pics. They are appreciated! (understatement)

On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        I came across a really old interview today that I thought was pretty interesting because AT was expressing directions she would like to see the show go. It's a shame they don't listen to this insightful woman more, she seems to be thinking exactly on the same wavelength as the many of us.

"I still think that I'd like to explore more of the relationships with the team members because they've sort of sectioned us off a little bit. I'm either with Jack, or I'm with Daniel whilst Jack and Teal'c go off and rage battle, but I don't have much of a relationship that's shown on screen with Teal'c and I'd like to explore that a bit further. What I'd really like to see occur more is that occasionally we get to have some fun as a team. It would be great to see the situation on-screen echo what happens on set." Speaking of the characters she says, "We've worked as a team now from two and a half years and you never see us laugh together or see us being goofy together and I'd love to see moments where we as people have that type of closeness."
        What a great quote, Kat! Thanks for posting it for us all to share! And - I agree wholeheartedly with AT and yourself - I'd love to see the whole team interacting in a setting that had them all laughing and happy and relaxed. The closest scene to that that I can think of is the scene in the park with Cassie, Sam, Daniel and Jack.

Comment

I called the Stargate office and asked if Amanda was back at work this week, and according to the nice gentleman I spoke with she was indeed back at work today. I also spoke with a very helpful woman at Bridge Studios and she said inorder to make a floral delivery we just have them delivered to the Bridge Studio address. The florist will drop them off at the main gate and they will be delivered from there to Amanda. So hopefully that answers all of our questions, so now we can get this ball rollin'.

Kat
          Great, Kat! Can you send that phone number for Bridge Studios to Chopingal in an email? (I have the phone number somewhere, but can't remember where I put it)

Comment

Yeah, I've been noticing this a lot myself. In trying to find photos of Sam being hugged, I noticed that in most cases she's sad at the time. Finding photos of her smiling at all is pretty rare. It just doesn't seem like any of the characters are really 'happy'. Guess it's the whole saving the world every day job that puts a damper on things. It would be great to have one episode where they just kick back and have a blast. Heck I'd even enjoy watching Sam, Teal'c and Daniel locked in a room with nothing more than a can of helium to entertain them.

Kat
            LOL! Great image, Kat!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
              These are great ideas. And very generous of you to include all of us from the thread in the project. I really like the idea of welcoming her back with flowers now & sending a little packet of good wishes later. Knowing her, she'll wind up giving the flowers to the local hospital, but she'd know we're wishing her well. (Not that *I know* her--ha!--but from what I've read). She may need the boost later after being back *and* having the little one to take care of.
              If she gives the flowers to a hospital or some such - it will be her choice... As they say, 'It's the thought that counts' - and we have such wonderful positive thoughts here in Samanda, that I think it will be great to send her a little of it. As you said, she'd know that we're wishing her well.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Including all of us on the thread is our main mission - Astro and I. That's what it's all about - to show Amanda that there is, indeed, a user-friendly place called Samanda which thinks the world of her and wants her to know that!

Kat, thanks for confirming that Sam has returned from her hiatus. Yippee! I'm toying between flowers and cake ... there is this "decadent chocolate cake" that's part of a tower of gifts ... but I also found a flower shop practically around the corner.

Will keep you all posted the next day or so and definitely share what gets sent from "all of us". Not to worry about the moolah - you can return the favor by bailing Keeper or Jester out of jail if they ever get in trouble!

More to come .... gosh, this is fun!
                Hmmm... yeah... if you ever hear that Keeper of the Flame or the Royal Jester has been tossed in the clink, come and bail us out! Please! I doubt that they will accept my photoshopped blue jello in lieu of bail

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Hey ... just got an email from MajorSam ... she's dealing with RL right now.

CURSE YOU RL!!!

Anyway, she's in favor of the flowers and hopes to stop by again soon!

Thanks for the info on MajorSam, Uber! I was getting worried that we'd lost her... RL.. what a pain sometimes!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    I have something I'd like to add to my Season 9 Sam wish list. I want to see Sam the cut up.

AT has a great sense of humor and I know that Carter has always been cast as the straight man to Jack's antics...but maybe here's a chance for her to break free and really turn the heads of those who see her as being so serious all the time...
                    Great suggestion, Uber! (And I added it to your earlier suggestions which I have downloaded into a growing file for Season 9 Sam possibilities). Maybe something with Sam cutting loose while spending some time with Cassie? Then it could be in a non-work (non-serious) environment.

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                      A few more Sam-whumping stories:

Crimes of the Past by Celievamp
                      http://stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=473
                      (over 18, femslash)

Never Again by urdreamkeeper
                      http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...everagain.html
                      http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...veragain2.html
                      (over 18)

When All the Other Angels Fled by jo jo bruiser
                      http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/22/whenall2.html

The Price of Edora by Kimberly
                      http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch.../theprice.html
                      (pay attention to warnings)

It’s a Great Big World by iamdragonrider
                      http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2145970/1/
                      More wonderful Sam-fic stories! Thanks so much, Strix! Sent you some rep, but the system ate it before I was done expounding in my little message!

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        astrogeologist, you are simply AMAZING!!!! The pic is FANTASTIC! I'm so in awe, I'm speechless. I'm going out tomorrow and buy new graphics programs. It's been WAY too long since I did anything of merit.

Thank you for all the time and effort you put into these pics. They are appreciated! (understatement)

Which pic? If it was one of the one's with the CarterCopter, those are SamFan31's (and the pics are amazing). I've done some screen cap-storyboards in the past, but the wonderful photoshopping is mostly Kat (ForeverSG-1), Uber and Samfan. (If I've left anyone out, I apologize).

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Here's my two cents. We go for the flowers this week and then work on the longer project by designating one person as collector of said items. Keeper, would you be up to this task since you are the archivist of the group already?
                          Sure! I'm willing to print out the posts for each of our Poll Results and Summary Comments and get them into order.

Anyone who wants to could send me something to include in the collection. It could be artwork, a poem, or just a note. It could be signed with your GW screen name and/or your real name. I'll print out what folks send me and integrate everything and then take it to someplace like Kinko's and have it bound, and then I'll mail it off to AT. Don't worry about the $$ folks, I'll take care of it.

If you send artwork (which would be supercool - I am such a visual junkie), I'll be printing stuff out on a color inkjet and using 8.5x11" paper.... so artwork/collage photos should be sized at something around 7.5x10" or less.

For those using photoshopping programs, I can read and print Photoshop files (I own Adobe Photoshop), bmp, jpgs, etc. If you check the image size, you should be able to see how big the image is going to want to print at (which isn't the same as the screen size). I'm probably telling you things that you already know, so I'll shut up now.

At any rate, to send me stuff, send it to my email (which should be accessible if you click on my name at the top of one of my GW posts) - and put something in the subject header like 'SaGC artwork' or 'AT collection contribution' or something that tells me what's in the email... (I'm trying to be cautious and only open emails that I'm fairly confident aren't virus-spam).

For a timeline... how about I shoot for getting everything together and sent off by mid-June? That would give everyone about a month to work on or think about what they want to include. It would also give folks like MajorSam and Deepspace a chance to come back from RL. And I think AgentDark and TokraHostess and a few others are busy with final exams right now...

So - does this all sound OK to folks?

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
                            A few more Sam-whumping stories:

Crimes of the Past by Celievamp
                            http://stargate-sg1.hu/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=473
                            (over 18, femslash)

Never Again by urdreamkeeper
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...everagain.html
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...veragain2.html
                            (over 18)

When All the Other Angels Fled by jo jo bruiser
                            http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/22/whenall2.html

The Price of Edora by Kimberly
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/31/theprice.html
                            (pay attention to warnings)

It’s a Great Big World by iamdragonrider
                            http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2145970/1/
                            If you read The Price of Edora, check out the following sequels as well otherwise it might leave you gasping like it did me.

The Wanderer
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...ewanderer.html

Leaving on a Fast Train
                            http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...leavingon.html

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              LOL! Great image, Kat!
                              I think we got to see a small glimpse of them relaxing together in Lost City. Remember how they all just gravitated to Jack's house? It was neat seeing them just BE. They weren't running from anything or blowing anything up...they were just friends chilling out on a Saturday afternoon without a care in the world.

Well, okay...there was that small issue of Jack's brain being overrun with the knowledge of the ancients for a second time and the fact that it would eventually kill him.

...but, you know, other than that...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                                And I think AgentDark and TokraHostess and a few others are busy with final exams right now...
                                Pfft, like I ever study for anything - I just havn't had much to say lately...

Ummm I dunno what I could contribute to the collection... I think my signature will have to do

Comment

Working...
                                X