Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SamFan31
    We’ve had another Carter’s Copter sighting. Sam successfully completed the maintenance chores on the copter and is pleased with the results. She feels the copter is ready for a stress test, so she embarks on a highflying journey. Thanks to time-lapse photography we get a glimpse of her piloting skills and physical stamina.

Warning! Don’t look at this pic if you have a headache or aren’t wearing your glasses!! Time-lapse photography can be hazardous to your health…

Loop
    Whoa!! I nearly spilled my bowl of cereal all over my lap! Good Monday morning!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
      I have to admit my absolute favorite civvy outfit for Sam is still the one she wore to Jack's cabin in 2010 with the blue jeans, simple white t-shirt and long white overcoat. That's the kind of picture I get in my mind when I see Sam outside of work. I recall hearing in the commentaries for 2010 that AT actually picked out that particular outfit (wish they'd let her pick out more of Sam's civvy clothes).

Another particularly cool piece of info I remember from watching the commentary is they said the scene at Jack's cabin was actually filmed at the time when they were filming the episode 'The Curse' and it was prior to them having a full script for 2010. Brad Wright actually wrote up this scene and gave everyone a quick background of what was going on in the story and they filmed it. RDA and AT were absolutely amazing in it, at least in my opinion, but I may be a bit biased as this is one of my favorite episodes.
      I'm with you on both counts, Kat. 2010 was one of my favorite episodes and AT's choice of casual at the cabin just seemed to capture Sam's personality. She looked terrific in that outfit.

Hope the little one is feeling better!

Comment

Here's my two cents. We go for the flowers this week and then work on the longer project by designating one person as collector of said items. Keeper, would you be up to this task since you are the archivist of the group already?

A few of you have alread sent PMs about the contribution for flowers - not to worry - the rate of exchange is very favorable for the American dollar right now and I think four of us (Astro, Kat, Strix, and I) should be able to cover the flower delivery. The card will read from all of us at the thread - so you will not be left out if you're a citizen of Samanda.

Ruth and Kat and Strix, let's email tonight Monday or tomorrow Tuesday and work this all out.

CG

Comment

Hey...just two quick questions...
          1. What's with the whole 'rep' points thingamajiggy? Like, how does the system work, how do you rep people....
          2. I'm totally at sea when it comes to making a sig for myself - believe me, I've tried! - and seeing as so many of you are fantastic at photo manips and stuff, I was wonderign if anyone here'd be interested in making one for me? please? lol

As for the whole 'flowers and book' thing, I think it's a great idea!
          Royal Page of Samanda
          "Bravery is being the only one who knows you're afraid."

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            So how are your knobblies after their weekend airing. I heard that there was a traffic jam of cars trying to exit the Burnley area! Do I get treated to the visual feast on the next ride and will it mean I will be eating more grass due to me doubled up over the handlebars in mirth?
            Originally posted by ChopinGal
            My Dear Royal Cyclist

It has been the bane of the board that communication attempts are erratic at best, but I do appreciate your amiable offer of Lancastrian/Samandan hospitality. You will find a common-sense and laid-back approach to my cycling and I will, indeed, traverse the trails gently. The RA can bolt ahead if she so pleases but methinks that her own knobblies will be quite wobbly by the end of our trip. I prefer to be kind to my knobblies and ease them along through life. Heaven knows, one does want to keep one's knobblies for the duration.

Here in Samanda there has been a recent spate of knobbly-replacement surgery. I just cannot believe that a plastic knobbly could ever operate as efficiently as its original counterpart. That's why I prefer to date men who only have their original knobblies. They would not be able to keep up with me, I ever so humbly admit, shouldst they be using the plastic variety. I may entertain a certain tolerance for false teeth, yes, but false knobblies? Never! A person must keep to her high standards.

In closing, I sincerely hope that our beloved RA has not taken you too hard to task for some former comments you have made, and that your knobblies are intact and you are not singing soprano. Perchance you will gain the opportunity to view a certain Stargate episode entitled "Seth" in which O'Neill seems to share the same concern.

Your cycling friend,
            Jester

My Dear Ladies,

Thank you for showing such concern as to the state of my knobblies. I can assure you, Jester, that I’ve still got the two I was born with, and they both appear to be in good working order (despite my advancing years - thought I'd best get that in before somebody else did).

Furthermore, having now experienced the sheer unadulterated pleasure of cycling with one’s knobblies pumping away in the breeze, I intend to repeat this as often as possible (weather and local by-laws permitting, of course). I’m sure the Royal Accountant can be relied upon to obtain photographic images of me in the act, although whether these are then shared with fellow Samandans or retained for her own personal amusement and enjoyment remains to be seen.

Yours, stout-of-knobbly,

1s4S
            Last edited by 1speed4Sam; 09 May 2005, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie
              Hey...just two quick questions...
              1. What's with the whole 'rep' points thingamajiggy? Like, how does the system work, how do you rep people....
              2. I'm totally at sea when it comes to making a sig for myself - believe me, I've tried! - and seeing as so many of you are fantastic at photo manips and stuff, I was wonderign if anyone here'd be interested in making one for me? please? lol

As for the whole 'flowers and book' thing, I think it's a great idea!
              if you want to give someone a rep point, just click on that little scale on the top of thier post. choose approve, which is green, or disapprove which is red and you can even write a short message if you want, then hit the submit or enter button or whatever it is

that person will get your message and an addition or subtraction from thier overall rep point total
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

A few of you have alread sent PMs about the contribution for flowers - not to worry - the rate of exchange is very favorable for the American dollar right now and I think four of us (Astro, Kat, Strix, and I) should be able to cover the flower delivery. The card will read from all of us at the thread - so you will not be left out if you're a citizen of Samanda.

CG
                chopin, are you in teh us? if so, i can chip in a bit as well

well, i can even chip in if you're not in the us, it'd just have to be us dollars. they don't exchange money in my town

although i do have some canadian money left over from my trip to gatecon last year

sigpic

Comment

Here's my two cents. We go for the flowers this week and then work on the longer project by designating one person as collector of said items. Keeper, would you be up to this task since you are the archivist of the group already?

Ruth and Kat and Strix, let's email tonight Monday or tomorrow Tuesday and work this all out.

CG
                  Just wanted to say thanks to you, Chopingal, and many others on this thread for following through with such a great idea! I only post every so often, so thanks for having the card read from all those on this thread -- I appreciate it. This SaGC thread is the best thread out here in internet land!!--thanks for starting it Majorsal! It is thriving because of so many talented and considerate people on this thread.

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
                    A Timely Announcement from the Royal Court of Samanda

Be of good cheer all ye citizens
                    The Keeper and I are about to prepare a message and basket of cheer to be delivered to her royal highness shortly.

We do appreciate all your efforts to aid us but, in order to expedite with the least amount of trouble, Keeper and I shall handle the details and then report back to those of you who offered to recompensate our efforts if needed.

Be assured that I have just now located something quite unique in the way of a special commemoration for the Queen and am now pursuing the possibility of this being able to be shipped to Canada and the Bridge Studios.

Again, loyal citizens - do not feel left out - the card will be signed from *all* of the citizens of Samanda with an invitation to visit us whenever the Queen may be available, anonymously of course. We would be delighted beyond words should she decide to non-lurk and boldly post a message or two, but certainly understand that this would be highly improbable.

What is still needed is direct confirmation that AT has, indeed, returned to the studio on a daily basis. Does anyone have that kind of information?

Jester
                    Last edited by ChopinGal; 09 May 2005, 06:55 AM.

Comment

i have no guarantee that either of them will answer but you could try pm'ing joe or martin and see if they can tell you when she's returned to filming

sigpic

Comment

Hear Ye Hear Ye Hear Ye
                        A Timely Announcement from the Royal Court of Samanda

Be of good cheer all ye citizens
                        The Keeper and I are about to prepare a message and basket of cheer to be delivered to her royal highness shortly.

We do appreciate all your efforts to aid us but, in order to expedite with the least amount of trouble, Keeper and I shall handle the details and then report back to those of you who offered to recompensate our efforts if needed.

Be assured that I have just now located something quite unique in the way of a special commemoration for the Queen and am now pursuing the possibility of this being able to be shipped to Canada and the Bridge Studios.

Again, loyal citizens - do not feel left out - the card will be signed from *all* of the citizens of Samanda with an invitation to visit us whenever the Queen may be available, anonymously of course. We would be delighted beyond words should she decide to non-lurk and boldly post a message or two, but certainly understand that this would be highly improbable.

What is still needed is direct confirmation that AT has, indeed, returned to the studio on a daily basis. Does anyone have that kind of information?

Jester

Lovely idea and i'm willing to send some money over to you if needed
                        ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                          i have no guarantee that either of them will answer but you could try pm'ing joe or martin and see if they can tell you when she's returned to filming
                          how about just one person pm them. We'll leave this to the lovely organizing ladies. No need to deluge martin or joe although if one of you others want to ask that in the threads, that'd be nice.

has anyone been keeping up with the joe and martin threads and have they answered it already?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                            My teeth are *way* whiter than yours!!
                            Kat, hope your daughter and you get some sleep tonight.

I'm sure she'll be fine It's just a spring cold. They just make for a rough night. My husband made sure to wake me as he left for work this morning. Unintentionally he claimed, though I'm guessing it was his way of saying if I have to get up so do you. So I'm running on four hours sleep. I can tell already it's going to be a fun day. Not.
                            Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                            Bahahaha! That's a definite lol! What episode's that from?

Jack: Carter, since Teal'c's not with us, you're on intimidation duty. If they get close, bite 'em

Sam: Yes sir! *bares teeth*

(Inspired of course by Sam's biting defense in 'The Serpent's Lair' )
                            Originally posted by tara3583
                            Sam>>>I hope tptb can hear me because MY TEETH NEED SOMTHING TO BITE!!!!
                            Sam looks at the backs of her team as they retreat from her.
                            Sam>>>Err guys it's ok, really, i'm just teasting my teeth! HONEST
                            Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
                            Yes, Colonel Carter, the spinach really has gone now.
                            LOL, I love all these captions.

As for which episode it's from
                            Spoiler:
                            It's from Demon...Teal'c is being tossed into the lake to determine if he is a demon or not. In this particular scene, Teal'c is being tossed into the lake and Sam is screaming his name. The expressions on all AT, RDA and MS were all wonderful.

Kat

Comment

I came across a really old interview today that I thought was pretty interesting because AT was expressing directions she would like to see the show go. It's a shame they don't listen to this insightful woman more, she seems to be thinking exactly on the same wavelength as the many of us.

"I still think that I'd like to explore more of the relationships with the team members because they've sort of sectioned us off a little bit. I'm either with Jack, or I'm with Daniel whilst Jack and Teal'c go off and rage battle, but I don't have much of a relationship that's shown on screen with Teal'c and I'd like to explore that a bit further. What I'd really like to see occur more is that occasionally we get to have some fun as a team. It would be great to see the situation on-screen echo what happens on set." Speaking of the characters she says, "We've worked as a team now from two and a half years and you never see us laugh together or see us being goofy together and I'd love to see moments where we as people have that type of closeness."

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                                2010 is one of my favourite episodes as well,i wrote my very first fan letter to Amanda after watching the scene in Janets office with Janet telling Sam she could never have children. I found that scene so sad that i wrote the letter to her and 6 months later Amanda sent back a signed photo with a little message to me and my husband which to this day has touched me
                                greatly as i did not ask for one but i had put my address at the top of my letter without thinking! Hopefully with Gabitevents at some point being given a new date i can at least offer Amanda the money for post and packing as if she does this to all her fans she's going to be out of pocket bless her!
                                I'm always so happy when I hear such positive comments said about AT and her treatment of her fans. She truly is a remarkable individual. I wish I could add my own personal experiences, but I have never been so bold as to write a fan letter, nor have I had the opportunity to meet her. I really enjoy hearing how others have had such wonderful experiences with Amanda, be they in responses from letters, or meetings at conventions. Thanks for sharing yours with all of us.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X