Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how about some version of CSI?

for those that might not know, CSI stands for crime scene investigator. they check out crime scenes, looking for evidence, and even trace evidence, to solve said crimes

I can see sam gathreing evidence and working on it with fancy machines. daniel too. teal'c is thier muscle and helps them while jack is thier boss, running interferrance between them and the brass
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

This is to wish Amanda a very Happy first Mother's Day!!!!!

(Please excuse the poor quality of the screen cap )
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        how about another one of those dating questions?

ok, let's say that sam has a 'guilty pleasure' tv show. something that she tapes and watches but wouldn't necessarily like to admit that she tapes and watches. (kinda like the Simpsons for Jack)

what show would be sam's 'guilty pleasure'?
        Originally posted by Strix Varia
        If you take a look at Sam Carter's house...
        Well if you listen to the audio commentary for 'Ascension' (the scene where Sam and Jack are talking in her study, after she's called in the code 3 team), apparently Sam has some very, very naughty videos on her shelf.... In fact so naughty that they had to blank out the cases in post-production because they wern't sutiable to be shown. And this was on Showtime!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
          If you take a look at Sam Carter's house...
          Just looking through those pictures...

How many computers does Sam Carter have in her house?!?!?!
          Maybe her guilty pleasure is getting over some of her 'geek' friends and playing computer games all weekend long!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
            Well if you listen to the audio commentary for 'Ascension' (the scene where Sam and Jack are talking in her study, after she's called in the code 3 team), apparently Sam has some very, very naughty videos on her shelf.... In fact so naughty that they had to blank out the cases in post-production because they wern't sutiable to be shown. And this was on Showtime!

LOL

yep. missed it when they taped it and had to 'fix' it in post

what i thought was so funny is sam's house.

ok, when we first heard that we were going to see her house, i imagined that it'd be somewhere kinda impersonal. maybe a loft, big appt. largely because sam is so rarely home that i just coudn't see her
            a) taking care of a house and all its maintenance
            b) sam doesn't seem to be the clutter type

then they show the eps and she has a house, complete with yard that has to be taken care of and this house that's so full of clutter that it seems odd

now, even amanda said in the commentary that they got the house (it's up in north vancouver, the real house. some friends and i found it once) and then amanda brough in some of her own stuff, and stuff that the fans have sent to her and scattered it around, making it even more cluttered

many of those pictures you see are real family pics of amanda's (even one of carmen and his own step(?) daughter, who just happens to have blonde hair and stood in for sam, along with some various gifts....including two quilts that are on the back of her couch.

the quilts were make by Becky Preen (the girl who wrote Road from Nadir)
            she sent them to amanda who was so impressed that she had the props folks use them in the eps

anyway, the point of my ramble is that, as cute as sam's house is, it just doesn't seem samish

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Admittedly, Sam doesn't really have a lot of free time to watch television...
              Kat
              Wow! That was great Kat! So much for being hopeless at writing...

You should turn that into a short story and upload it at GateWorld and Heliopolis...

Comment

Wow! That was great Kat! So much for being hopeless at writing...

You should turn that into a short story and upload it at GateWorld and Heliopolis...

story? someone is writing a story????

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  anyway, the point of my ramble is that, as cute as sam's house is, it just doesn't seem samish
                  I agree, but I seem to remember Amanda saying somewhere that she thought of the house as her Dad's? That's why it had all that stuff in there, it wasn't actually Sam's but Jacob's. Or maybe I read that in a fanfic somewhere...

Comment

Whew! Just got the Ultimate Sam Comment Summaries updated with the comments from Coley, Deepspace and Chopingal!

Click here to peruse the updated posts (scroll down through the first 5 posts of the page)

Comment

That was in the audio commentary for the ep... I remember because I was thinking that the only problem with that is that Jacob didn't live in Colorado Springs when the character was introduced. He was talking about or did just get an apartment or something there in Tokra Pt1.

Also I thought the pr0n collection thing in the book case was hilarious. I think Sam having a decent collection is kinda cool.... given her social life and unending tension with members of the team (for me that means Jack - but each to their own) the girl must know how to self serve..
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                        Trumpets Blare and Angels Sing
                        Jckfan did the 6600 Thing

Beans galore
                        Blue jello too
                        Recognition to the
                        Special Few
                        Who hit the jackpot now and then
                        When posting on multiples of ten

Let's move ahead
                        To next 10 x 10
                        Lots more rep
                        Still left to spread
                        Wonderful, Chopingal!
                        <<<Click here>>>

Comment

I agree, but I seem to remember Amanda saying somewhere that she thought of the house as her Dad's? That's why it had all that stuff in there, it wasn't actually Sam's but Jacob's. Or maybe I read that in a fanfic somewhere...
                          no, it was in the commentary. amanda said that's how she rationalized the cluttery house, that it was jacob's and sam inherited it

sigpic

Comment

RE Sam's house... I really liked it. I liked the homey feel... the stuff all over (clutter if you will)... it made sense to me that someone who's not home very often would have stuff all over... she just doesn't have time to get rid of stuff that collects. And when I found out (later) that AT had sprinkled stuff from the fans into the scene - it just made it all that more special. As for it fitting Sam's character - I was fine with it - and I liked it. I don't expect her to be her military persona when she's offduty... I like that she enjoys dressing feminine while off duty... and that the Captain/Major/Colonel persona doesn't completely permeate her personal life.

I like Sam as a military officer and I hope we don't lose that, but I also like seeing that she isn't *just* that military officer.

I do agree, however, that I don't see how she'd have time to take care of all those plants when she goes offworld for days and weeks at a time.... Didn't AT say that 'this woman has one dead basil plant at home?' - much more appropriate. So... maybe she has to pay a gardenining service? My mom pays a guy to come around every couple of weeks and take care of things for her.

So... I like Sam's house... and I like Sam in feminine civilian clothes (even the sexy ones)... I like seeing that there's more to Sam that just the military officer and scientist. I also like references to her riding her motorcycle... or flying planes...

*And* I also like references to the domestic things that she doesn't do "I can't spin, weave or dye" (her line went something like that in Emancipation).... In a future episode, I'd like to see or hear a reference to Sam's lack of culinary prowess in the kitchen... something maybe with Cassie... she could banish Sam from the kitchen while taking care of dinner preparations or such... or maybe Sam volunteers to fix dinner and Cassie looks horrified and then tries to hide her reaction as she fumbles for an appropriate way to get Sam to order for a pizza...

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                              That was in the audio commentary for the ep... I remember because I was thinking that the only problem with that is that Jacob didn't live in Colorado Springs when the character was introduced. He was talking about or did just get an apartment or something there in Tokra Pt1.
                              yeah, jacob obviously lived out of town, seeing as how sam was suprirsed that hammy had invited him. and most terminally i ll folks don't go around buying houses. human nature is that people tend to divest rather than in vest when the grim reaper is lurking in the eaves

sigpic

Comment

I don't quite remember who asked for this, my apologies. However, I do remember someone asking for a hug collage; so I went searching for photos with Sam hugging or being hugged and here is what I came up with. I did find two photos, one with her hugging her brother and one where she is hugging the girl goodbye in 1969(can't remember her name), but they didn't seem to fit well so I decided not to use them. I'm also sure there are more photos of Sam hugging her dad, but I didn't want it to be just a Sam and Dad collage. I'll save that for the next one.

So Much More Than Words
                                Kat
                                Last edited by ForeverSg1; 07 May 2005, 10:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X