Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    Look what I saw as one of the news items on the home page of my ISP this morning. Maybe this is where Queen Samantha has been for "professional reasons!"

By the way, look Uber and Oma-1, I got the photo posted all by myself this time!

Aahaa! This news bulletin it very revealing, even if they didn't want us to figure it out. However, we can put two and two together.

Somewhere, someplace Sam has a desk. And on that desk is the newest addition to her collectibles.

This new Cartercopter is critical to the protection and preservation of our world. It should be in combat shape by late summer, early fall.

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      I hope no one has taken anything I said as bashing Carter - I do not intend to bash this character as I believe Carter is one of the best female characters we have seen on TV in a long time and I hope that TPTB do the right thing by Carter/AT, and all of her/their loyal, wonderful fans, in S9.

Sorry! Sorry! I didn't mean to infer, in my post, that anyone here was bashing Sam/AT. I seroously doubt that could happen here in Samanda.

But there is some bashing going on - of TPTB, the new, and even the established actors.

We love AT and the Sam character. But what helps make her great? IMHO, it's the stories and her fellow actors. AT doen't write the stories, she interprets the part her character plays in them. One thing AT is especially good at is interpreting her role as part of a whole, truly supporting whoever's front and center, slightly left of center and whoever's way out in right field. I firmly believe that no matter what role Sam is assigned, AT will continue to play her brilliantly.

I also love MS and the Daniel character, and I'm okay with his fav eps being the ones he stars in. I admire the PTB for creating such rich characters and settings and situations that, despite their flaws, have entertained us for going on nine seasons, now. As to the new cast members, they're new to Stargate; they may surprise us. Let's welcome them and give them time to grow into their roles.

TPTB have had a lot of difficult things to deal with - writing for two distinct series, RDA gone, AT taking a temporary leave, Sony buying out TPTB's PTB, getting used to new cast members - in both series, and gawd only knows what other considerations that we'll never hear about.

I think that if we set ourselves up for disappointment then we will not be disappointed... er... I mean, we will get what we wanted... get what we didn't want... get disappointed(.... getting confused? I sure am. ).

So, hugs to all, be of good cheer, and just remember, "when your back's up against the wall and there's no
      tomorrow, just take one day at a time, and remember the bigger they are, etcetera."
      Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
      "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
      One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
      resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
      confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
      A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
      The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
        Aahaa! This news bulletin it very revealing, even if they didn't want us to figure it out. However, we can put two and two together.

Somewhere, someplace Sam has a desk. And on that desk is the newest addition to her collectibles.

This new Cartercopter is critical to the protection and preservation of our world. It should be in combat shape by late summer, early fall.
        KEWL!

Nice pics, SamFan31.

SG-1fanintn, is this for real? Can you give us a link?
        Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
        "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
        One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
        resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
        confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
        A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
        The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Have now.... and it was The Fifth Man

http://www.bigbutton.com.au/~wickedg...s.php?album=15

Thanks!!

(i couldn't rep you)

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
            My guess...
            Spoiler:
            Children of the Gods
            ... everyone is armed with staff weapons... lots of Jaffa... if Sam's in this pic, she's carrying a staff weapon while running? Hmmmm....
            to tell you the truth, i have no idea what ep it's from. i don't even know if sam's 'in' the scene! what i meant when i said it would be hard was trying to come up with a caption for it.

Sally - these pics that you have been posting are wonderful - love the one of Sam looking up at the camera in Ascension!
            thank you, honey. like strix, it's my way of contributing.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
              KEWL!

Nice pics, SamFan31.

SG-1fanintn, is this for real? Can you give us a link?
              I don't mean to steal SG-1fanintn's thunder, but this is real. Here's a link. It was her post that sent me on a quest. Thanks SG-1fanintn, tried to rep you but couldn't.

http://www.cartercopters.com/

Edit: There's a link on their home page (right side) for the "Carter Merchandise". That's where the cute, little copter is.
              Last edited by SamFan31; 29 April 2005, 03:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth

As for Sam.. to be a little deeper on that.... there's the role model aspect, who wouldn't wanna be Sam Carter? She's a genius, in control of herself and has a seriously cool job. I've loved watching her growth over the years and I do see the importance and relevance to her as a person in the last couple of seasons. I love that she has failings and questions herself like anyone else.. there's a realism factor there for me. But I also love her from a fic writing perspective too.. there's such great depth in the character the possiblities are endless.... it's a joy to try to get inside her head.

that is so much of what it is for me too. for that one hour of tv, i'm living through sam with all of us. i might have my crushes (Richard-hunkofburninglove-Anderson), but without a female to relate to, it's just drooling without anything else. i knew by the third ep of this series that sam was my fave, so it's made ALL the difference in the world for me with this show. it's the defining factor. look at all the things i've got to do because of sam... travel through the stargate, fight off aliens, build naquada reactors, rescue my friends/teammates, fall in love, save my father's life, travel in space, fly a space ship, meet alien life forms, save the planet, save the galaxy, save the universe.... i've lived so many wonderful adventures, and suffered so many losses, but i've done it all with grace and perseverance. i'm sam carter, and i wouldn't have it any other way. THANK YOU, AMANDA!

sally
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  I think you had that expression pegged, Sally! Good memory!

Here are the Snarky!Sam pics that I found found from Simmon's interrogation of Sam in The Fifth Man.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...orMajorSal.jpg

I just love AT's acting!

Screen caps are from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html

thanks, astro!

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

I haven’t been able to acess Gateworld for three days now. It’s been terrible! Worse than not having chocolate. Every time I tried I got error messages or whatnot. And the worst part is, it seems to be just me! Everyone else has been posting pages and pages and… pages! What am I doing wrong? And what oh what happened to the search feature of this site? Searching for the last post made by Deepspace is the only way I can find where I was up to the day before. I got very lost just now, trying to find where to start reading from.
                    Anyway, I'm here now, and it looks like lots of discussion to be had.

Edited to add: I am a jaffa Warrior, and... Squeeeeeeeeeee! I have a glowy block . Thankyou everyone.

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

So glad you finally got to see Gemini Strix! I have to say that I loved Gemini, and I never had the complaints about it that I heard a lot of people talking about.
                      Spoiler:
                      Some people think that Sam made bad decisions, and let herself trust replicarter too much. Well, she did, but would we rather she unthinkingly and coldheartedly blew replicarter up the minute she walked though the gate? I don’t think that would have been the Sam we love either.

I winced when I read what Michael Shanks said about PU being his favourite episode for the last couple of years. I know he was the main character, but oh help, how could it be his favourite?! The rest of SG1 weren’t even in it.
                      This is making me even more worried about season9, because he likes where the changes are going. And the Vala-Claudia Black WOW thread is not encouraging. My worries now aren’t even about the lack of Sam, it’s just about the whole new image of the show. All I can do now is hope that TPTB are purposefully trying to make us worried about it so that they can throw something brilliant and unexpected at us. Whatever happens, nothing will stop me watching it.

Sorry for bringing up the negative thoughts and whatnot again, but you have to understand, I’m still back writing about stuff pages and pages ago, when you were all doing the same. It almost makes me wonder if TPTB are enjoying watching the fans squirm and gloom and basically push themselves into a little dark corner. Then they can all say told you so when we all start raving about the new season.

On the subject of the Arthurian theme, it could be cool. We’ve had plenty of Egyptian, mayan etc… I am betting that they will put some kind of twist on the sword in the stone part though. What if it can only be pulled out by someone with the Ancient gene or something like that?

My hopes for Sam in season9? Well, for one, that she’s actually in it as more than just a backround character. I would like them to spend more time on her being a scientist, a bright sparky brainy Sam. Being the leader of SG1 would be great, she really deserves it. Nomatter how fantastic it would be, I don’t see them putting her in the pilot seat. They’ve really not shown her as a pilot that much recently, except in Covenant. I’d like them to move her out of the boyfriend phase for a while. Whatever, I want it to be something that Amanda wants to do. I watched the season7 lowdown on my DVD’s last night, and it’s actually the first time I’ve seen the actors as actors, and not as their characters. It really showed me how different they are. I noticed that Chris Judge seemed quite full of himself, Michael Shanks was evidently trying very hard to be as muscly as Chris, Richard Dean Anderson truly is the one who brings the natural humour to Jack, and Amanda wants Sam to be funny but she’s not. Mostly they all like being silly and don’t take themselves seriously (I’m not saying that they don’t take what they do seriously). I know what it’s like just to be in front of a home video camera, there is something about looking at that camera which makes me muck up, be silly, go crazy.

I think the main thing to remember is that whatever happens from now on will not alter what is already recorded on those seven boxes of DVD’s (plus an eighth when it comes out). We have eight seasons of brilliant Stargate SG1, and if season9 is no good, it won’t cancel that out.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

The Cartercopter is real.....but I love SamFan31's bogus photos even more!

Here's a link to the company that makes the Cartercopter: http://www.cartercopters.com/
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 29 April 2005, 04:42 PM.

Comment

jckfan: (*We're* not obsessed, just *very* enthusiastic and supportive.)
                          no no, not obsessed in the least, never.

Keeper, can I ask what screencap program you use? You told me once before, but with the absence of the search option in this thread, I have no idea any more. I am looking at this site to try and find some freeware to download.
                          http://www.snapfiles.com/freeware/gmm/fwscreen.html

Agent Dark: Hey, another Aussie! Mwahahaha, soon we'll be taking over this thread! Our plans for world domination... *cough cough* ummm yeah....
                          Oh yes, we will torture them and send them to the dungeons, all those who are not from OZ. Come Dorothy, we shall use that hand device again.
                          (sorry, I watched the season7 lowdown last night, Amanda went into great detail about the Wizard of Oz).

Astrogeologist: As a geologist, I've studied earthquakes and volcanoes and tsunamis and landslides and floods and ... rocks of course... and yet, I am always in awe of pictures of the Earth from space. It's awe-inspiring and... It's Beautiful!
                          I totally agree. In some ways I think a lot of people take it for granted. The image of the earth from space has become so commonplace that I find myself sometimes just looking at it, and thinking to myself, we’ve forgotten how beautiful it is. I mean, if you look at it next to any other planet in this solarsystem, it truly is beauty of the most intense kind. I am adding this picture thumbnail. I hope I don’t get into trouble, because I truly do not know which site I pinched it from now, but it has been my computer desktop wallpaper for over a year now.
                          Attached Files

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                            I winced when I read what Michael Shanks said about PU being his favourite episode for the last couple of years. I know he was the main character, but oh help, how could it be his favourite?! The rest of SG1 weren’t even in it.

Hype, hype, hype......right now, it's all about hype. He may not even really feel that way......

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                              The Cartercopter is real.....but I love SamFan31's bogus photos even more!

Here's a link to the company that makes the Cartercopter: http://www.cartercopters.com/
                              Thanks! Glad you liked the bogus pics. But you are the one that set it all in motion (so to speak).

Comment

Hey, we're all in this together......and just trying to fill time til July!

Comment

Working...
                                X