Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    I was reading some blogs from people who had been to the convention and one of them (shipperahoy's, I think) mentioned that Cameron and the new doctor had a previous romantic involvement. So maybe TPTB are establishing a whole new ship pairing. And this one could have another layer of tension, since she's the new general's daughter as well. Oh my god, it's As the Stargate Turns!

Tune in next week to see Teal'c reunited with his long lost son, the young jaffa Moro'n who grew up hating the Tauri, but now must reconcile those feelings of hatred with his desire to bond with his father. Daniel attempts to keep his virtue intact and maintain his sanity as Vala continues her relentless pursuit. Meanwhile, the citizens of Samanda continue their vigil, anxiously waiting for news of Lt. Colonel Carter, who is floundering somewhere in the writer's imaginations.

NC
    You may be on to something!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
      To those who are disappointed that Sam & Jack didn't Do It by the end of S8, I respond: but they did. It's just a matter of reading between the lines..

ahem, yes, we all know what fishing means.

it and 'cake' are some fun euphamisms that shippers enjoy using
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

welcome to the fun zone charlie.

it's always good to have new members!!!

sigpic

Comment

shippers is one term that used rather differently in the stargate fandom

technically, it should belong to anyone who wants two characters together.

however it seems to be thought of to only apply to sam/jack

try telling a slash fan that, since they like the relationship between jack and daniel for example, that they're a shipper and get outta the way

the reaction is likely to be very interesting

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            spoilers for s7's heroes 2, and some for s8 and s9

what relationship aspects do i wish they would have covered better in season 8 (and into 9)? i'm going to skip past sam/jack (have talked about it already), and focus on one relay that i really wish would have been made an issue.

cassie.

in heroes 2, it gave the impression that sam was in charge of cassie's well being then. not to say that she'd be her guardian (i don't know cassie's age at the time), but i remember sam saying she had to go pick up cassie, so... where's cassie now? college? is sam really cassie's guardian? how is cassie dealing with losing another mother? how's sam dealing with losing her dearest friend?

how would you guys like to have seen cassie dealt with in season 8, and dealt this in season 9?

sally
            So true about Cassie - she's the forgotten orphan in all this. Orphaned twice and not even one Plot B to bring some closure for the fans and see Sam (and the rest of SG1) comforting Cassie and getting a sense of what happens to her next. The original actor, Katie Stuart, was so good in this role and was not available for Rite of Passage. But both young actors, I believe, are still in the business so that should be no problem in reviving the role.

Bringing her back in S9 and dealing with some of the fallout from Janet's death would bring us full circle. We saw Sam being drawn into Cassie's life in Singularity and Sam fighting her own emotional battles over this new, somewhat maternal, relationship. I thought it was one of the first times that Sam's vulnerability started to show. She had to go beyond her good-soldier training and deal with deeper feelings and emotions.

In S9, we could see Sam letting Cassie go as all mothers have to do once their children grow up. It would be a very nice arc and offer AT some grand acting moments. Katie Stuart would be so perfect as the original Cassie too. Most importantly, as already mentioned ... how does Cassie become a part of the Stargate program in such a way that she holds the key to SG1's return in 1969? Writers, please, don't forget the original canon - let the fans in on where you were going with this!

I vote for less Vala and more Cassie!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 21 April 2005, 05:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

we must NOT disappoint amanda!

okay.

i declare, as vice president of samanda, that the peeps here must vote everyday to make sure samanda remains a five star hotel.

sally
              Herewith by Royal Decree of our Vice President let it be known that all loyal citizens are required to keep the Samandan Stars in their rightful place in the heavens in honour of the rightful Star of Samanda, our Queen.

If the lights go out, we will all be responsible for shirking our royal duty! Beans may be taken away.

Semper vigilate!

Comment

maybe that's where sam is in s9. cassie got married and preggers and sam took time off to help her with the baby

unlikely but it could happen

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                  decollatage
                  Now there's a word I don't see/hear everyday.

"AT's plunging decollatage..." So sexy. Mmmmwah! Carterslave, you have made my morning.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    I just googled and found this article. Ignore the 2nd half of it, but the first half talks about the promotion system for an officer's career.
                    Great article, AD.

My LJ

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                      maybe that's where sam is in s9. cassie got married and preggers and sam took time off to help her with the baby

unlikely but it could happen
                      Well, that would be a weird twist but we can add even more oddness to the equation: Nyan, the quirky little scientist from New Ground, who was supposed to be helping Daniel Jackson with the SGC artifacts (go figure - we never saw him again), is the father of Cassie's baby!

Spoiler:

I guess that would be improbable as the actor who played Nyan was killed off by the wraith somewhere along S1 of Atlantis.

Comment

Just read in the news thread that Amanda has been nominated for a LEO award for her work on THREADS! and for the life of me i can't remember who she is up against but it is only one other Actress.
                        I really hope she wins as her scenes with C.A was heartbreaking to watch, anyway well done Amanda on your nomination!
                        ......TARA......

Comment

One of my favorite Sam eps is Nightwalker. Besides doing a great job commanding the mission, she also looks very cool in black. Both Teal'c and Jonas respected her position as leader. Too bad season 8 didn't show more of Sam's leadership abilities.

Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                            Just read in the news thread that Amanda has been nominated for a LEO award for her work on THREADS! and for the life of me i can't remember who she is up against but it is only one other Actress.
                            I really hope she wins as her scenes with C.A was heartbreaking to watch, anyway well done Amanda on your nomination!
                            WOO HOO!! Glad to see others beside the people on this thread recognize what a great actress Amanda is!!!

I loved the scenes with Amanda and Carmen. They were so touching. I cry every time I watch them together.

Kat

Comment

Somthing else i wanted to post here, i've just read Carmen's interview and i have to say>>>>
                              SPOILERS FOR THREADS
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              \
                              What a lovely insight he gave into Sam and Dad's relationship and he adds just how upset Amanda was at both Jacob's death and the departure of Carmen from the show.
                              I found it very indearing to read that and once
                              again it shows what a wonderfull person Amanda is and between them both brought to tv a remarkable father/daughter relationship that i have not seen for a very long time!
                              ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Would love to see Sam and T and Danny Boy involved in some really scary situations and depending on each other to survive. Just like old times!
                                Oh yeah! If you don't mind me mixing my SF metaphors: Put 'em in the Death Star trash compactor, throw in a sludge monster, turn on the crusher -- and let's see how they get out of that!

hrh

Comment

Working...
                                X