Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    BTW, did anyone ever read the AT interview where she admits to having played some folk-guitar duets with RDA during their off time? She also shyly states elsewhere that she would never play in public. I often thought it would be great though if we could have seen Sam and Jack playing guitars as hobbies in the show. Camping out around the fire and playing guitars and Daniel and Teal'c singing along ... now that's my idea of a great ensemble script!
    I agree that's a *great* idea, Chopingal. And it wouldn't have to be a major piece of a plot.. it could just be what they are doing when they are called to deal with the latest planetary or galactic crisis.
    Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    Not if they sing the way they did in Urgo.
    LOL, NC!

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      I was surprised how few hands went up when Martin asked about shippers. Martin was in rare form and few questions were asked becuase of the tangents he would go off on - you really had to pay attendtion to him as well to try and tell what he was saying was true - They did not want to give away to much information - My feeling after hearing him was this "hey we have not forgot about the shippers - but with RDA gone you will not see much this year - But he did strongly point out that RDA may be back in the future so wait and see -
      Skydiver pointed out on a different thread that a good reason why there might not have been many shippers there was because there was no AT and this makes sense to me...

When I go to my first SG-1 convention (I've been to a gazillion Trek/Creation conventions in the DC area as a kid growing up), it will be to see and hear primarily RDA and/or AT...and if neither one's there, then what's the point? JMHO...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Twinkle twinkle little star
        Now we wonder where you are
        Once you added to our thread
        But fell from sight with all our dread ...

We know we're angsty
        A bit off game
        Our lighter posts
        Were much more tame

The lights are dimming
        All around
        Sam withdrawal
        Can be found

At this once
        Such stellar place
        Known as Samanda
        Land of Grace

Twinkle twinkle little star
        Must we wonder where you are
        Sam is gone but not you too
        Please reappear and shine so true

Five star thread is what we need
        Help us soon get back to speed
        With calming thoughts, more peaceful space
        And Samandan joy back in place

The Royal Bar is still open!

OOoohh what a truly beautiful poem!!! Thank you so much. I was feeling a bit in the dumps today. This thread is normally so upbeat. I was starting to get a bit worried about the tension that's been grabbing so many of us.

I'm so happy you posted this poem. It helped me feel better.

I've been playing with pictures of AT trying to get myself out of my blue mood. Unfortunately I have a massive headache now...not sure it's my picture that did it to me or something else. I've sat tinkering with the same AT pose for several hours making several different versions, but so far this is the one I like the best. The guys may appreciate it. It's one of AT's more revealing poses.

Comment

I was reading some blogs from people who had been to the convention and one of them (shipperahoy's, I think) mentioned that Cameron and the new doctor had a previous romantic involvement. So maybe TPTB are establishing a whole new ship pairing. And this one could have another layer of tension, since she's the new general's daughter as well. Oh my god, it's As the Stargate Turns!

Tune in next week to see Teal'c reunited with his long lost son, the young jaffa Moro'n who grew up hating the Tauri, but now must reconcile those feelings of hatred with his desire to bond with his father. Daniel attempts to keep his virtue intact and maintain his sanity as Vala continues her relentless pursuit. Meanwhile, the citizens of Samanda continue their vigil, anxiously waiting for news of Lt. Colonel Carter, who is floundering somewhere in the writer's imaginations.

NC

Comment

Okay I will write more later about the Con when I have time after work. But here is a little Sam info. Not much was asked about Sam during the Q & A part of the con. I did ask a few things at the dinner Fri night which Martin Gero was at and I asked a few things during the set tour along with autograph session that Martin Wood, Andy Miktia & N. John Smith did. They were not very forth coming with Sam info. I did learn that the first epsiode she will appear in starts filming this week even though Amanda is not back on set yet. They will do like they have done with RDA parts the last couple of years and film scene she will not be in and us her double to start filming her scenes. Then when she is back the will film her parts. There will be a couple of "Big" Sam stories later in the season. I was left with the feeling that her first big role will be in "The Forth Horesman".

Okay I have a class to go teach so I will write more when I can.
            thank you. this makes me feel better that they're *really* thinking about the sam carter character.

*frustrated sigh*

at least i have that.

sally
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Christopher Judge really emphasised that even though the show is taking a new direction with the Arthurian mythology the team gets to go back to traveling more through the Stargate this year and there will be more off world adventures.

We saw a clip from S9 - I'll put this in spoiler tags for those that don't want any info on S9 [spoiler] The first scene they showed us was off Daniel & Col. Mitchell arguing - Mitchell said (not exact quote but close) "General O'Neill gave me my choice of assignments I chose SG-1 because I wanted to learn from the best Col. Carter, Teal'c and you Dr. Jackson" It is the scene were he is trying to get Daniel back to the SGC to be part of SG-1 again.

The episode that brings back Orlin will have some important Sam stuff in it. Martin also said that he is working on an episode to bring back the Aschen - which I would think this would be a Sam heavy episode.

. . . but I think we will see a strong Carter when she returns.
              Thank you for this info. I will say for Astrogeologist and for others who are worried about how Carter will be treated upon her return to the team (including me) that my worries and my doubts have been lifted some by this post by tsaxlady.

I find it very interesting that Mitchell comes straight out and says he wants to "LEARN" from the best, Col. Carter, Daniel and Teal'c - the REAL SG1. If he is saying he will be LEARNING from them right off the bat then I have fewer doubts that Carter will be in charge upon her return. They do have to have someone in charge at the beginning when Carter is unavailable and they start the team up again so it makes sense that Mitchell is in charge for the first several eps but he will relinquish to Carter upon her return to the team so he can continue to LEARN from her, Daniel and Teal'c. It would seem horribly stupid, and ignorant IMO, on the part of TPTB to have Mitchell ADMIT he is learning and then leave him in charge when the better suited leader/commander comes back.

Also, and this is just my musing, for some reason I suspect Carter may actually be a Colonel when she returns (this is just me and it probably just my wishful thinking but it's just a feeling I have). If they can promote Jack, a one star General, to Head of Homeland Security in one year (a job held by Hammond who was I think a 3 star) they can, IMO, promote Carter to Colonel (it is TV after all and they have bent/broken other AF rules in the past for the sake of the story (of course they would never break the GOLDEN rule for the J/S shippers but they have fudged on others so why not here as they did with O'Neill. Again, just my thinking out loud with my crazy thoughts.)

Also, some of the later stories re: Orlin and the Aschen seem to be ones that could really focus on Carter and be very strong and worthy entries for her character so I am more hopeful about Carter's role and presence in S9 after hearing what tsaxlady learned from the Con.

I said in a previous post that if TPTB do put Carter back in command of SG1 upon her return then I will eat my words (and my hat) and I will take back SOME of what I have said about TPTB in regard to the Carter character as they will have taken a step in the right direction -- right now I am about as optimistic as I have been about Carter since before mid season 7 and I would not be surprised if I have to spice up the hat for a good meal. We'll see because tomorrow could bring spoilers that bring my optimism right back down to the bottom of the barrel where it has been since mid season 7, but right now it's up some from the bottom.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                I was reading some blogs from people who had been to the convention and one of them (shipperahoy's, I think) mentioned that Cameron and the new doctor had a previous romantic involvement. So maybe TPTB are establishing a whole new ship pairing. And this one could have another layer of tension, since she's the new general's daughter as well. Oh my god, it's As the Stargate Turns!

Tune in next week to see Teal'c reunited with his long lost son, the young jaffa Moro'n who grew up hating the Tauri, but now must reconcile those feelings of hatred with his desire to bond with his father. Daniel attempts to keep his virtue intact and maintain his sanity as Vala continues her relentless pursuit. Meanwhile, the citizens of Samanda continue their vigil, anxiously waiting for news of Lt. Colonel Carter, who is floundering somewhere in the writer's imaginations.

NC
                ROTFLMAO! Another post that made me smile! Thanks NC!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                  Thank you for this info. I will say for Astrogeologist and for others who are worried about how Carter will be treated upon her return to the team (including me) that my worries and my doubts have been lifted some by this post by tsaxlady.

I find it very interesting that Mitchell comes straight out and says he wants to "LEARN" from the best, Col. Carter, Daniel and Teal'c - the REAL SG1. If he is saying he will be LEARNING from them right off the bat then I have fewer doubts that Carter will be in charge upon her return. They do have to have someone in charge at the beginning when Carter is unavailable and they start the team up again so it makes sense that Mitchell is in charge for the first several eps but he will relinquish to Carter upon her return to the team so he can continue to LEARN from her, Daniel and Teal'c. It would seem horribly stupid, and ignorant IMO, on the part of TPTB to have Mitchell ADMIT he is learning and then leave him in charge when the better suited leader/commander comes back.

Also, and this is just my musing, for some reason I suspect Carter may actually be a Colonel when she returns (this is just me and it probably just my wishful thinking but it's just a feeling I have). If they can promote Jack, a one star General, to Head of Homeland Security in one year (a job held by Hammond who was I think a 3 star) they can, IMO, promote Carter to Colonel (it is TV after all and they have bent/broken other AF rules in the past for the sake of the story (of course they would never break the GOLDEN rule for the J/S shippers but they have fudged on others so why not here as they did with O'Neill. Again, just my thinking out loud with my crazy thoughts.)

Also, some of the later stories re: Orlin and the Aschen seem to be ones that could really focus on Carter and be very strong and worthy entries for her character so I am more hopeful about Carter's role and presence in S9 after hearing what tsaxlady learned from the Con.

I said in a previous post that if TPTB do put Carter back in command of SG1 upon her return then I will eat my words (and my hat) and I will take back SOME of what I have said about TPTB in regard to the Carter character as they will have taken a step in the right direction -- right now I am about as optimistic as I have been about Carter since before mid season 7 and I would not be surprised if I have to spice up the hat for a good meal. We'll see because tomorrow could bring spoilers that bring my optimism right back down to the bottom of the barrel where it has been since mid season 7, but right now it's up some from the bottom.
                  Woohoo! Yeah! This post is great, Bink - because I know how strong your feelings are! You've definitely given me great hope. And... I'm going to quietly admit that you've voiced one of my secret (til now silent) hopes... that they might make Carter a Colonel (making the question of who is in charge moot)... and my reasoning was exactly the same as yours

Blue Jello On The House for everyone's wonderful posts!
                  In celebration of the positive outlooks on the horizon!

I'm also still happy about AgentDark's post referring to Sam and the Daedalus!

Comment

Well spank me Sophie! Tenor sax, and I play keyboards and MajorSam and dipsojazz are musicians too - we've got a blooming Samanda Band forming here.

Poor Murray and his Merry Minstrels will be out of work soon!
                    lol, I used to play Sax for a bit (alto) and I played piano for along time as well
                    Admittedly I havn't played for a while, but it's one of those things you don't entirely forget

Comment

IAWB, Making Carter a full bird colonel would be a good option IMO. As you said, its only TV after all

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        I've been playing with pictures of AT trying to get myself out of my blue mood. Unfortunately I have a massive headache now...not sure it's my picture that did it to me or something else. I've sat tinkering with the same AT pose for several hours making several different versions, but so far this is the one I like the best. The guys may appreciate it. It's one of AT's more revealing poses.

http://img260.echo.cx/img260/9065/heart3mi.jpg
                        Oh, I like allright!
                        And your new sig is pretty sweet too

Might I suggest the curative powers of some Samandan Blue Jello to cure those headache blues?

Comment

spoilers for s7's heroes 2, and some for s8 and s9

what relationship aspects do i wish they would have covered better in season 8 (and into 9)? i'm going to skip past sam/jack (have talked about it already), and focus on one relay that i really wish would have been made an issue.

cassie.

in heroes 2, it gave the impression that sam was in charge of cassie's well being then. not to say that she'd be her guardian (i don't know cassie's age at the time), but i remember sam saying she had to go pick up cassie, so... where's cassie now? college? is sam really cassie's guardian? how is cassie dealing with losing another mother? how's sam dealing with losing her dearest friend?

how would you guys like to have seen cassie dealt with in season 8, and dealt this in season 9?

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                            Meandering back to the Favorite Sam Pic challenge,
                            here's another of my all-time favorite Sam pics

Sam/AT was hardly in this episode, but I really liked Sam as a firefighter - she had cool scenes... competent, energetic and heroic.

And that smile in that photo! Just makes me smile, can't help it!

Edited to add: like the hair too
                            Her snarkiness towards the 'Probie' was pretty fun too

"Thats 'Captain' to you!"

I think it's interesting to note that in Teal'c's mind (he was dreaming basically) he had Sam as the Captain of the firestation. When you think about it, thats basically the role that she would have if she were commanding SG-1. Jack is the Cheif of the station (General at the SGC).
                            Keep in mind that this was a year and a half before they got their promotions, it's nice to see that Teal'c is confident in her abilities

And yes her hair is great too!

Comment

Sam's absence explained in pictures

Riding motorcycles and flying spaceships (both Tauri and alien)
                              and playing with alien tech!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                                IAWB, Making Carter a full bird colonel would be a good option IMO. As you said, its only TV after all
                                Hmm, well if you want to really think about it. In one season they got rid of most of the Gou'ald as well as the Replicators. One could think of what happened during Reckoning I & II could be construed as an act of war seeing as the replicators actually attacked a US military facility. I always thought promotions given out during an Act of War were different from other times. Like there actually would be a possibility for Sam to have been promoted from Lt. Colonel to Colonel due to her contributions in eliminating the threat to Earth. I may be wrong about this. I just recall reading an interview saying that Sam being promoted from Captain to Lt. Colonel over an eight year span was actually quite slow, but maybe someone with more insight could give us intel.

Kat

Comment

Working...
                                X