Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Meandering back to the Favorite Sam Pic topic
    This is one of my all-time favorite team pics.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...amandteam5.jpg
    oh, me too! i LOVE it that sam's first! and it looks to be early in the seasons, so that means even more. sam AND amanda leading the way!!

sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
      What is next year going to be? Resurrect all of Carter's woulda coulda shoulda boyfriends??? Who's next on the list?
      Narim?
      Martouf???
      Or maybe Pete can make a return visit.
      Hey, I know a bunch of Stargate fans who would be utterly delighted if Martouf could be brought back—and I'm half-inclined to agree.
      Since Narim is also "Simon" on Atlantis that raises all kinds of issues, including the piquant notion that Narim has changed his name & shacked up with Dr. Weir ... setting the stage for a Carter/Weir catfight.
      As for bringing back the oafish Pete ... wash thy mouth out with soap, dear Über!
      :-)

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?
        Best Carter Humor Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny... Urgo, Moebius parts 1 and 2, Space Race, uh...
        Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes: Me. I mean.... heck, I don't remember who writes most of these eps.
        In the "Humor" category I think you'd have to put Hathor in there, for my money.
        As for "Best Writer", the standout would appear to be Heather Ash, who penned Rite of Passage, Learning Curve and Foothold, among others. Conversely, I wouldn't say Katharyn Powers is "Worst" but Emancipation does warrant a certain measure of infamy.
        Best Carter Line: "I loved Janet with the passion of 10,000 suns." Whoops! They haven't written it ... but they should.

Jr. Member, Gateworld Curmudgeon Club

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
          Best Carter Line: "I loved Janet with the passion of 10,000 suns." Whoops! They haven't written it ... but they should.
          lol, you had me wondering for a sec which episode that was from...

Comment

For me best Sam moment from all 8 seasons has to be Moebius 1&2
            Amanda was fantastic in this, we still saw science Sam but it was geeky Sam that had me laughing so much.
            All those little quirks that Amanda added was a
            joy to watch add that to the fact that you could just see that Amanda was having fun with this, lol it was just pouring out of her!
            Also while watching her i noticed that tptb were not hiding her pregnancy and i just thought it made her look really cute and just added to the total enjoyment of that episode.
            ......TARA......

Comment

Here's my two penny'th after the event!!

I thoughts Sam's haircut in season 5 and 6 was just lovely.

Apart from it being kick ass Carter style and in line with protocol, I thought she looked extremely attractive with it short. Not many people could carry such short hair off as well as Amanda. She has such a great head shape and bone structure and this style really brought that out. She looked just adorable

Having said that Amanda does looke very beautiful with it longer in season 8, but for Sam season 5 and 6 is still the best style!!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                that's how i see sam and jack too. i don't see thier restraint as weak or pining

i see it as two people who are putting the greater good before thier own desires (pun intended). they both know that steps need to be taken for them to pursue it further, yet they both also know that theyr'e not ready/willing to take those steps, so they acknowledge and set boundaries that permit them to do their jobs without cheating or lying

in the day and age of 'gimme what i want yesterday' i find it refreshing to see two characters behaving with restraint and honor

I also think that it's an accurate representation of two wounded people who cherish thier friendship so much they're afraid to mess it up with that pesky sex/relationship bit. bothof them know that once they go down that road, they can't go back. so they want to be dang sure that they're ready to take that trip
                Great post ... and I think it's more their not being "ready" rather than "willing" to make the final commitment. Even though what seems to be happening with their hesitations and lack of open communication may be interpreted negatively, I like your explanation better. They are willing to wait because they have greater commitments to team and country. They love and respect each other too much to break the rules. And Sam's hallucinated version of Jack still keeps the rules intact: "I'd never ask you to give up your career." (My paraphrase if not exact quote.)
                The greater good ... always the greater good with these two. But, now, since the end of S8, things may be changing ... more hopeful resolutions ... or, with RDA gone, the potential relationship may also go south and new relationships begin for Sam. Barrett? Orlin? I was a believer in the J/S ship; however, I don't think TPTB will be able to sustain that dynamic or dimension once O'Neill is written out of the onscreen episodes. We may have to settle for blissful memories of the fishing trip (and alternative fanfic).

Lt. Colonel Samantha Carter may be setting forward on a whole new stage of her life. The spoilers being released seem to hold some exciting possibilities.

I'll be watching and rooting for her no matter what!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                  When the title of the episode 'Threads' came out, there was speculation, on the forum, as to the possibilities that the title referred to forum 'threads'... And now one of the Season 9 episodes is titled 'The Powers That Be' ... What do you folks think of that?

I think it pays homage to the fans on the internet, and those who write letters, by pointing out that the fans are heard. I also see it as more of the humor that permeates the Stargate set... I wonder if the writers, directors and producers sometimes walk around and mockingly call each other The Powers That Be?
                  Yes, it seems that TPTB have been known to lurk at some of the more prolific threads and the new title sounds intriguing ...

I'm also curious about the Deus Ex Machina title which, once again, could have a couple different meanings. TPTB like to have fun with words and innuendo don't they?! Smoke and mirrors sometimes ...

I can't help but wondering ...
                  Spoiler:

trying to remember the definition of this dramatic term. DEM is the plot device which has the "god descend from the machine" at the end of a drama to wrap everything up ... take charge and assume responsibility for the outcome. "Save the people" (or the script?!)?

MajorSam, you're a thespian ... help me out here ... exact meaning of Deus Ex Machina ... If it's what I think, then is it Baal's intervention in humanity in this episode or Orlin or is it Sam somehow "dropping back in" from "far, far away" with some new power or solution to whatever the crisis is at that point on the show?!

Once again, lots of possible meanings ... maybe this is the Orlin episode after all. He seems to fit the bill contending with the Ori who are now descending upon Earth. I guess they are the real "Dei Ex Machina". Who knows? I'm rambling and haven't even had my morning coffee! Help!

Sorry for the long convoluted stream of consciousness above! I've been away most of the weekend and didn't get my fix of SaGC - now, I'm so far behind I'll never catch up! Once again, Samanda has been abuzz with lots of interesting discussions. Kudos to all!
                  Last edited by ChopinGal; 18 April 2005, 07:17 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
                    Hey, I know a bunch of Stargate fans who would be utterly delighted if Martouf could be brought back—and I'm half-inclined to agree.
                    Since Narim is also "Simon" on Atlantis that raises all kinds of issues, including the piquant notion that Narim has changed his name & shacked up with Dr. Weir ... setting the stage for a Carter/Weir catfight.
                    As for bringing back the oafish Pete ... wash thy mouth out with soap, dear Über!
                    :-)
                    One of my friends still refuses to acknowledge Martouf's death on the show. LOL. So bringing Martouf back would make her day, though I doubt it's possible. But then again, when she watches SG-1, it's either her way of the highway. She quit watching after The Lost City because she got sick of being strung along with the other Sam/Jack shippers. I'm supposed to tell her if we ever get confirmation that the two characters are together so she can start watching again. But she was a huge Sam/Martouf shipper, and even voted that way over Sam/Jack when Martouf was still alive.

Comment

I've been spending the morning playing with my photo program and thought this really looked like something Jacob would keep of Sam.

Comment

niiiiicccceeee pic

so pretty
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, Yes OK I have to admit she looks great with longer hair in Forever's wonderful picture!!! Bu I still like it short!!

Brilliant stuff Forever!!!

Comment

Beautiful pic, Forever. I love the color tone you used...

Comment

OKay what have I missed. Amanda will not be back until the 7th ep?! Is that right? Oh my giddy Aunt. How will I get through watching 6 eps without Sam? It's just not right that. How will the SGC manage without her?

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                                I've been spending the morning playing with my photo program and thought this really looked like something Jacob would keep of Sam.
                                THAT IS TOTALLY AWESOME! I'm like totally jealous!

Comment

Working...
                                X