No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All I will say for those of you who haven't seen Reckoning is that RepiCarter doesn't disappoint, and that Real Carter's face shows plenty of great emotion. Terrific double-duty acting on AT's part - as usual.
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
      Also, she puts the hat on in Touchstone, when the team goes to area 51.
      that's not a dress blues hat, i think it's called class A's (the slacks and shirt that she wears)

That actually has to be a hard part about being female in the military, you do have to restrain your hair....but you also need to do so in such a way as to accomodate your hat. And if you guys have ever tried putting your hair up, sometimes that's easier said than done
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
        All I will say for those of you who haven't seen Reckoning is that RepiCarter doesn't disappoint, and that Real Carter's face shows plenty of great emotion. Terrific double-duty acting on AT's part - as usual.

doesn't air until march

boo, hiss, sniff

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CUL8TRJACK
          I just wanted to say how much I love this thread. It's nice to see positive comments regarding Carter and AT.

I was also hoping I could get a bit of help...

Anyone know where I could find a picture of Carter in dress blues and hat?
          Not sure if there is one.

Would greatly appreciate it!!
          Welcome aboard Cul8trjack!

What are your favorite Sam Carter episodes or scenes?

Comment

I was thinking of creating a poll where folks could vote for the best Sam Carter episode... Thoughts, feedback, suggestions?

Other poll topics that I've thought of were:
            Best AT acting scene/episode
            Best Sam Carter line
            Best Carter 'moment'

Other suggestions?

-----

I figured that if we can pick a topic for the poll, then we could brainstorm categories on this thread (in and amongst our other great discussions)... and once we get a pretty complete list of categories for people to vote amongst, then we could ask the mods to create the poll for us.

I don't know if the poll could be part of this thread, but I think it would work better if it could...

----

So, what does everyone think?

Comment

four polls would clutter things, but maybe folks can respond within this thread. I'd have to check with the other mods before i say we could start 3 new threads

Best Sam Carter line
              Best Carter 'moment'

maybe we can have folks submit thier preferences, then turn those submissions into a poll to vote for the favorite

sigpic

Comment

You guys are all the authors of those great fics?!?!! ("Head Trip" and "Overtime," as well as a boat-load of others) Sometimes I forget that those talented authors are actually people I talk to online!

Question:
                Is there a Women of Stargate Appreciation Thread out there? The three (four, if you count Janet) main women of the franchise have always had the potential to be great role models and so forth, and I noticed that a lot of people are writing about it all over the place. Do we have a thread like that on GW that's specifically devoted to Sam, Janet, Weir, and Teyla?

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                  four polls would clutter things, but maybe folks can respond within this thread. I'd have to check with the other mods before i say we could start 3 new threads

Best Sam Carter line
                  Best Carter 'moment'

maybe we can have folks submit thier preferences, then turn those submissions into a poll to vote for the favorite
                  I thought we could just pick one to start with and see how it goes.... then if it goes well, we could try another one next month or so?

How about Best Carter Episode as the first one and we ask the folks on this thread for their suggestions for episodes for everyone to vote on?

I could start the list with episodes that have been repeatedly recognized in this thread (listed alphabetically):

Foothold
                  Gemini
                  Grace
                  In The Line of Duty
                  Singularity
                  Solitudes
                  Tokra

Comment

Hey everyone, once again I kind of dissapeared for a little bit, but I'm INSANELY busy this week, with a bunch of stuff including preperation for a Winter Survival exercise with my army Corps. I am SO excited, it's going to be fantastic.

Good posts on Reppy, I can't wait to see what happens in Reckoning pt. 2

Spoiler:
                    I LOVE how she's going around assasinating all the System Lords, or at least, Yu, and sending out her minions to do all the dirty work of taking over. BRILLIANT. more spectacular evilness by Amanda, kudos!

I would love to have a Women of Stargate thread, as long as we can still keep this one, because Sam is THE main female.

As well, great posts about Waterchick, and the whole situation with Xena. Would definately love to see some "who am I!?" things with Reppy. could be fun, and would definately give Amanda time to shine. However, I would rather take some Reppy/Sam duels, with harsh Sam repercussions. I must reiterate though how

Spoiler:
                    I reaaaally don't want them to magically use the weapon in that temple holy place to get rid of hte replicaters, after having her conveniently destroy countless Goa'uld. If they make it so it turns out good.... So help me. I don't think they will though... TPTB say that they open more story lines, while closing old ones, so I hope they make Reppy an ongoing thing! As well, I'm hoping that her "doubts" about Pete and the marriage in Threads has to do with some major re-thinking of her life, caused by Reppy

Originally posted by majorsal
                    Here's a question for everyone. If RC does survive the Reckoning eps, would you like to see RC eventually become good, or stay bad?

Sally
                    DEFINATELY stay Evil. If she turned good she would have to go through all the guilt and re-making oneself, and I want Sam to be the one who has to do all that, even if it's not actually her who's the evil one, but a different version.
                    Last edited by MajorSam; 26 January 2005, 10:08 AM.
                    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      I thought we could just pick one to start with and see how it goes.... then if it goes well, we could try another one next month or so?

How about Best Carter Episode as the first one and we ask the folks on this thread for their suggestions for episodes for everyone to vote on?

I could start the list with episodes that have been repeatedly recognized in this thread (listed alphabetically):

Foothold
                      Gemini
                      Grace
                      In The Line of Duty
                      Singularity
                      Solitudes
                      Tokra
                      I'd like to add "Entity" to this list please.

I love this thread everyone!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                        Question:
                        Is there a Women of Stargate Appreciation Thread out there? The three (four, if you count Janet) main women of the franchise have always had the potential to be great role models and so forth, and I noticed that a lot of people are writing about it all over the place. Do we have a thread like that on GW that's specifically devoted to Sam, Janet, Weir, and Teyla?
                        I did a search and found this one:
                        Women of Stargate Thunk Thread This thread is for the appreciation of Amanda Tapping/Samantha Carter, Teryl Rothery/Janet Fraiser, Jessica Steen/Elizabeth Weir, Torri Higginson/Elizabeth Weir, Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan, as well as other female guests.

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                          I'd like to add "Entity" to this list please.
                          Done (can't believe I forgot that one, 'Doh!)!

Best Carter Episode
                          Entity
                          Foothold
                          Gemini
                          Grace
                          In The Line of Duty
                          Singularity
                          Solitudes
                          Tokra
                          Other?

Comment

Hey There all you happy campers! I've just spent time reading all the new posts - my, everyone's been busy Rather than trying to answer individually, I'll try to reply to a lot of you in this one post. (I'm home with the flu or some kind of nasty URI so have some playtime this afternoon, in between the tissues and Advil)

Welcome to our newest member, Cul8TrJack - good to have you aboard!

Kudos to our regulars for just developing even more fun things to talk about on this thread: Carter Favorites sounds inviting. On that note, let me add one of my favorite episodes to the list: Death Knell. I don't think it's up there yet. Even Amanda, herself, says that she loved to get whumped in this one - do her Carter as soldier routine. And I hope she can do even more realistic episodes like this in S9. (I guess it speaks to the tomboy in me!)

Loved the scientist in Carter remarks about Metamorphosis. That was funny - the machine almost killed her, and yet she still respected the awesome science behind it. Jack had to rein her in at the end.

Oh, that just reminded me of another favorite Carter episode: did we list Ascension yet? That one won her the Leo Award and Grace later resulted in her second Leo Award. Here again, Jack knows her so well that he reprimands her for touching thingies at the very beginning - I think she actually jumps when he turns around and tells her to keep her hands off. He knows her temptations. Once more, the fascination and curiosity of the scientist beckons her into a more narrow, and possibly, dangerous vision.

So - add Death Knell and Ascension to our list!

On future encounters between RepliCarter and Sam, I agree with AstroG that having the RC contend with her own potential for good and evil would make great fodder for Amanda's acting - she could certainly sink her teeth into that. It could probably win her a third Leo Award. Are you reading this, writers?!

In fact, I tried to envision that myself in the first chapter of Head Trip. I was trying to answer the question: what if the Replicators could start to feel or sense some powerful emotions? How would they react? Thanks for the wonderful comments here - so glad you're enjoying the story. I'm having a terrific time writing it. I started it before Christmas and without knowing where S8 was going to take the whole replicator arc. But, having just seen Gemini, I'm pleased that my imagination and the real episodes don't seem to overlap.

Okay, I'm about to have another coughing fit, so will post this now.

Tell me more about what we're going to do with our Carter Favorite Episodes once they're listed ... did you say vote on them? I don't want to start new threads, I like keeping all the surveys here on our Sam's Safe Place ... don't you all?

Here it comes cough-cough-cough ... aargh!!! Don't get too close to your computer screens, I don't want you to catch this!

Peace! CG
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 26 January 2005, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                              I did a search and found this one:
                              Women of Stargate Thunk Thread This thread is for the appreciation of Amanda Tapping/Samantha Carter, Teryl Rothery/Janet Fraiser, Jessica Steen/Elizabeth Weir, Torri Higginson/Elizabeth Weir, Rachel Luttrell/Teyla Emmagan, as well as other female guests.

Ewww. Thunk? Nah... I don't even thunk for the guys...

Thanks for that link, Astro!

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Ewww. Thunk? Nah... I don't even thunk for the guys...

Thanks for that link, Astro!
                                LOL - I'm with you, sistah!

Comment

Working...
                                X