Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1speed4Sam
    In response to one or two posts from yesterday (yes, especially yours, O Royal Bean Counter... ), I'd just like to say...

*adopts foetal position in corner, gibbering quietly*
    Stand tall, oh royal newcomer! You are in Samanda now and we have great expectations of you.

Court Jester

Comment

I'm thrilled about Barrett ... they've always had a good chemistry together ... I mean that in a professional sense, not necessarily romantic. Although, we do know that he's expressed an interest in her beyond their field work together. And Jack and Pete are somewhere in other parts of the galaxy .... And not to forget that Baal seemed quite impressed with Sam's technical prowess too ... this trio could be fun to watch!

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        There's only so much one person can take...even our Sam needs to take a real sabbatical...

In Nemesis, she was busy using her vacation time working on a Naquadah reactor. In the Curse, she got to work on her bike...but we've never REALLY seen her honestly relaxing (with the exception of Threads/M2).

I mean, with Jack, goodness! I could take up pages listing all the different times I've seen him just chilling out...

...but for our Sam?

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/nemesis_workaholic1.jpg[/IMG]

No rest for the weary...

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/nemesis_workaholic2.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, wait. I forgot.

There's also when she got to play pool in Upgrades and then the unfortunate incident when General O'Neill caught her playing Free Cell on the base computer...

ON EDIT...btw, THAT is my desktop!
        Last edited by Uber; 15 April 2005, 12:13 PM.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Wonderful, Uber! Thanks for the PM pick-me-up!

Comment

There's only so much one person can take...even our Sam needs to take a real sabbatical...

In Nemesis, she was busy using her vacation time working on a Naquadah reactor. In the Curse, she got to work on her bike...but we've never REALLY seen her honestly relaxing (with the exception of Threads/M2).

I mean, with Jack, goodness! I could take up pages listing all the different times I've seen him just chilling out...

...but for our Sam?

No rest for the weary...

I just don't think it's in Sam's genetic make-up to relax. It's not that she doesn't want to relax, she just doesn't know how. Some people are like that. My husband is really bad about this as well... not as bad as Sam thank god.

My husband gets six weeks of vacation a year and his boss has to threaten him to use any of it. He never takes time off for work when he's sick. His feeling is that he can be sick at work or he can be sick at home, but it doesn't change the fact that he's sick. When we finally talk him into taking time off from work, he normally still spends 2-3 hours a day answering work related e-mails, ect. He will sit and read a book for an hour and then he's up cleaning the pool or fixing something on the house, but he rarely just sits still for any length of time. Over the past ten years, I have just come to realize that's the way he is and there is nothing I can do to change him. I've just tried not to make his inability to veg to make me feel guilty when I do (that's the hardest part).

But as for our Sam, I don't think she could stand being at rest for very long. She's driven by stress, adrenaline and dead-lines...without it life probably feels as if it's going by at an ungodly slow rate leaving her with an exorbinant amount of unused energy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
            I can see Sam now on the last day of their trip to Jack's cabin.

Teal'c is sitting up against a tree in a state of Kel-no-reem.

Daniel is laying on a blanket, a book in his one hand, his glasses pushed up onto his head and his face buried into his free arm catching up on a few z's.

Jack is sitting on the dock, a beer in one hand and a pole in the other, curiously watching Sam off to his left as she paces back and forth.

Jack: For crying out loud Carter will you sit down and give it a rest. You're making me tired just watching you.

Sam: Sorry sir, it's just that we've been here for a week now. Not that it hasn't been great...it's just...

Jack: You're getting a bit of 'cabin fever'?

Sam: Yeah, exactly.

Jack: (smirking) Ready to get back to your naquadah generator and quarks?

Sam: (questioning look) I'm not really that bad am I?

Jack: (smiling) You're getting better.

Sam: (grinning) It's your own fault you know.

Jack: How's that?

Sam: If you had allowed me to bring my laptop I would have had something to keep me busy.

Jack: (shaking his head) You're missing the whole point of a vacation...the idea is to NOT be busy. You really need to learn to just relax and enjoy the moment. Look at Teal'c...he's an expert already.

Sam: (laughing) You're probably right.

She sits back down in a chair next to Jack, picks up the pole lying beneath her feet and tries to enjoy their last day together. Tomorrow they would be going home, back to the SGC, back to their fast paced life's, but for now she was going to try to relax...even if it killed her.
            Last edited by ForeverSg1; 15 April 2005, 12:17 PM.

Comment

I think Sam has been trying twice as hard to prove she's as good as men in the military for so long that she can't relax.

She seems a lot like my husband says I am: "Wound a little tight!"

Comment

Oh, wait. I forgot.

There's also when she got to play pool in Upgrades and then the unfortunate incident when General O'Neill caught her playing Free Cell on the base computer...

Then, of course, there was the equally unfortunate incident when General Hammond caught her in the thralls of an Unreal Tournament LAN party on the computer in the Control Room...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Then, of course, there was the equally unfortunate incident when General Hammond caught her in the thralls of an Unreal Tournament LAN party on the computer in the Control Room...

ROFL, Uber you slay me some times!! I love your manips.

But you forgot the time she got caught watching MacGyver!!
                  Mac

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                    as to jack/sam et al, well to me it seemed that all of them were horribly tense and on edge during most of s5, culmonating with DJ's 'death'

it seemed like they were all tired adn burnt out and just counting the days until it was over.

and yes, that did get shown in jack and sam's relationship, especially in revelation. one part about that one that i liked was sam's reluctance to go on teh mission, jack's insistence. then, if you'll notice, jack and teal'c went off to do the dangerous stuff, leaving sam where it was safer - which jack tends to do with both her and daniel.

but then, once jack realized that sam was in trouble, whammo, the gloves were off and it was time to kick bootie - i'd like to think because he knew that she was only there because he made her be there, which would have made him responsible for another friends' death

Jonas in s6 was a great addition. First of all, he didn't really push. yes, he did keep saying 'i want to be on the team' but at no point in time did he go to hammond and go 'hey, i brought you the naqadria, you HAVE to let me beon the team'

and then he altered the relationships slightly. Sam got go be a big sister to him, she'd tease him a lot more than we ever saw her tease daniel. Tealc got to stop being the token alien and was a mentor and jack finally got to see that what he told sam was true, people die and are replaced. and while the replacement may never fully measure up to the original, they can fill the void

jonas' presence, to me, did a lot of healing and i think the he reignighted a lot of the joy in their job. things are no longer humdrum if you're watching someone do it for the first time and they're enthusiastic about it. often you can't help but be drawn into their enthusiasm
                    Wonderful post, Sky!

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Mac

Kat
                      And who wouldn't get caught up in that show???

She could relate well to the supersmart Mac...although I'm sure she probably wonders to herself every once in a while who exactly he reminds her of...

I've wondered what would happen if SG-1 ran into MacGyver...how would Jack respond to her and his alter ego's relating so well together...that could make for a funny fanfic, methinks...

Comment

Or maybe episode five is actually an action packed episode that shows Sam on her own trying to get back home to Earth, and in
                        Spoiler:
                        Ex Machina Deus Sam is back with SG-1.
                        *Heavy sigh* One can hope, right??
                        That would be fantastic
                        Spoiler:
                        but didn't Gateworld post that Claudia Black's contract was extended to 6 episodes instead of just 5? That leads me to believe that they realized that AT wouldn't be coming back as soon as everyone had hoped -- the baby was a couple of weeks late.... I know that AT has that 15 episode contract, but I wouldn't be surprised if there weren't caveats in there to handle things like 'the baby was born late.'

Comment

...but for our Sam?

No rest for the weary...

*Great* pics, Uber!

Along these lines, I like the fanfics that have Sam getting on her bike and taking off for a ride - for the very reasons that you've mentioned. To just get away. That said, I don't like the fics that have her running away from things (oy!).
                          Last edited by astrogeologist; 15 April 2005, 12:46 PM.

Comment

I just don't think it's in Sam's genetic make-up to relax. It's not that she doesn't want to relax, she just doesn't know how. Some people are like that. My husband is really bad about this as well... not as bad as Sam thank god.

My husband gets six weeks of vacation a year and his boss has to threaten him to use any of it. He never takes time off for work when he's sick. His feeling is that he can be sick at work or he can be sick at home, but it doesn't change the fact that he's sick. When we finally talk him into taking time off from work, he normally still spends 2-3 hours a day answering work related e-mails, ect. He will sit and read a book for an hour and then he's up cleaning the pool or fixing something on the house, but he rarely just sits still for any length of time. Over the past ten years, I have just come to realize that's the way he is and there is nothing I can do to change him. I've just tried not to make his inability to veg to make me feel guilty when I do (that's the hardest part).

But as for our Sam, I don't think she could stand being at rest for very long. She's driven by stress, adrenaline and dead-lines...without it life probably feels as if it's going by at an ungodly slow rate leaving her with an exorbinant amount of unused energy.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            I can see Sam now on the last day of their trip to Jack's cabin.

Teal'c is sitting up against a tree in a state of Kel-no-reem.

Daniel is laying on a blanket, a book in his one hand, his glasses pushed up onto his head and his face buried into his free arm catching up on a few z's.

Jack is sitting on the dock, a beer in one hand and a pole in the other, curiously watching Sam off to his left as she paces back and forth.

Jack: For crying out loud Carter will you sit down and give it a rest. You're making me tired just watching you.

Sam: Sorry sir, it's just that we've been here for a week now. Not that it hasn't been great...it's just...

Jack: You're getting a bit of 'cabin fever'?

Sam: Yeah, exactly.

Jack: (smirking) Ready to get back to your naquadah generator and quarks?

Sam: (questioning look) I'm not really that bad am I?

Jack: (smiling) You're getting better.

Sam: (grinning) It's your own fault you know.

Jack: How's that?

Sam: If you had allowed me to bring my laptop I would have had something to keep me busy.

Jack: (shaking his head) You're missing the whole point of a vacation...the idea is to NOT be busy. You really need to learn to just relax and enjoy the moment. Look at Teal'c...he's an expert already.

Sam: (laughing) You're probably right.

She sits back down in a chair next to Jack, picks up the pole lying beneath her feet and tries to enjoy their last day together. Tomorrow they would be going home, back to the SGC, back to their fast paced life's, but for now she was going to try to relax...even if it killed her.
                            Well done, Kat.

Comment

http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/5thrace_unreal.jpg
                              Mac
                              Kat
                              Great photomanipulations Kat and Uber!

Comment

She sits back down in a chair next to Jack, picks up the pole lying beneath her feet and ....
                                Dismantles the reel just to see what the mechanism looks like.
                                Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
                                "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
                                One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
                                resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
                                confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
                                A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
                                The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Working...
                                X