(Voting will be held at the SyFy Portal web site:

http://www.syfyportal.com/ )

BEST ACTRESS/Television
    Patricia Arquette, "Medium"
    Claudia Black, "Farscape: Peacekeeper Wars"
    Jennifer Garner, "Alias"
    Mary McDonnell, "Battlestar Galactica"
    Amanda Tapping, "Stargate SG-1"

Here is the link to the full post http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=10999
    Thanks for the info Tsaxlady.

For anyone who's interested in voting:
    Voting begins April 25 and runs through May 25, with winners being announced May 31. Visitors to SyFy Portal can vote once per day per e-mail address on our special ballot that is made available during the voting period.
    http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1802

Comment

Originally posted by tsaxlady
      It's
      Spoiler:
      Fire And Water

Scene
      Spoiler:
      While under hypnosis Sam remeber what happened on the planet she is collecting samples
      *growl**snarl*

Congratulations tsaxlady!!! You did it again!!!

*growl**snarl*

Okay, how about THIS ONE????? NAME EP/SCENE:

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Thanks for the info Tsaxlady.

For anyone who's interested in voting:
        Voting begins April 25 and runs through May 25, with winners being announced May 31. Visitors to SyFy Portal can vote once per day per e-mail address on our special ballot that is made available during the voting period.
        http://www.syfyportal.com/article.php?id=1802
        Your welcome and for you

My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          For some reason I really like the picture of Sam/Jack because they are in a nearly identical position: same head tilt, mouth slightly open, gun same height, elbow bent at same angle. It was almost as if RDA/AT were posed in this position before the cameras started rolling.
          Great pics, Kat! I just love all these wonderful pics everyone is posting!

Comment

Wow! Great Sam pic!

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
              *growl**snarl*

*growl**snarl*

I promise to lay off answer for a while after this last one
              Spoiler:
              Lost City Part I

Scene
              Spoiler:
              Goa'uld are attacking and Jack is as he would say "placing his head in that ancient head sucking thing"
              My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                Great pics, MajorSam
                This one was my favorite

and I got a kick out of the file name 'J-grrrr' LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  ps - do you mind, astrog, if i call you astro, without the g? with the g, i feel like i'm saying an alien name. but i'll do with makes you the most comfortable.
                  Sal - anything you like is fine I think Chopingal shortened it to AstroG first... and it took me awhile to decide that I liked it... my real name is so short that no one tries to make it shorter, so I don't have experience with 'nicknames' LOL at 'with the g, i feel like i'm saying an alien name'... and had to look at it for a minute and think about it... I guess it does look like 'astrawg', which does sound like Grok or some such alienness ... I was reading it as 'astrogee', which is kind of like apogee (which is when the moon is closest to the earth in it's orbital ellipse).

OK... how was that for a ramble about basically nothing? Erm, sure, 'astro' is fine...

Comment

*growl**snarl*

*growl**snarl*

Episode
                    Spoiler:
                    Lost City

Scene
                    Spoiler:
                    Right before Jack takes the Ancient download...Anubis is attacking

Edit: Dang I was too slow. Just realized Tlady already got the answer!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
                      well, I’m catching up, it’s just taking awhile. So I’ll post in reply to old stuff first. I have to say I am mildly dissapointed that so far I haven’t heard anything about France. I thought our pressie was going to write about it.
                      Ack!!!!

I'm sorry, I really want to share my fabulous tales, but RL has REALLY been slapping me in the face lately, and I haven't had time to do a LOT of things i'd really like too...Including being here yesterday for the incredible passionate postings about Sam and her developments. I’d like to say to EVERYONE, no matter their opinion, that I love what you said. I love the open-mindedness, lack of clawing and hissing, complete honest interest everyone has in even conflicting opinions. In any other thread, people probably would have been at our throats, red-repping like crazy. (I say this in genera, not all threads would be like that, but still, none would be nearly so understanding)
                      Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Let me refine that: instead of a dance, let's think of the SG1 team as a jazz band ... a great combo knows how to rotate the lead between the players ... one moment the piano takes the melody and then the sax plays a riff and then the drummer steps in ... but they still come back together and blend perfectly. So what I wish for S9 is our SG1 team (new and old alike) to be an ensemble cast but knowing when to step in and out and do some great solo moments too. For Sam, it has to be soldier/scientist moments - showing her now at the top of her game. She's earned it and the loyal fans deserve it!

I'm buying ... blue jello for everyone!!
                      Firstly I’d like to say I totally LOVED this analogy… as a member of a jazz combo myself (alto sax, woot!) I could really connect with this * happily slops away blue jello *
                      And, while I wasn't expecting them to show Sam and Pete kissing ardently against the wall... I have to admit that a large part of me was thinking 'You Go Girl!'.... (astrog ducks) So while I was surprised, I wasn't that shocked... and I quickly thought it was pretty cool... although I wouldn't have wanted them to show any more 'details'.
                      I admit, I had kind of the same reactions *ducks again* I’ve always had mixed feelings on it, for both Amanda and Sam. I love Amanda, think she’s the best influence in the world, best role model for anyone, but have thought quite a bit “Come on woman, you’re gorgeous, why not play it up a bit?” Same goes for Sam. I can fully imagine her having a crazy wild side (Including the motorcycles, piloting etc) With Chimera, mixed feelings. I first saw most of the scenes between Sam and Pete on the monitors on location filming, meaning I saw all the takes in a row, but with no sound. This gave me a much different perspective when I actually saw the full ep on tv.
                      Now, when I had David Deluise beside me saying “Lets see the kissing scene” I was intrigued. I thought “Ok, it’s not Jack, but… well, she’s just getting in some practice for when she’s with him!” Not knowing anything about Affinity or where it was all going. When I saw all 7 or so takes, in a row, of the hallway scene, I totally loved too see her acting like a hot blooded woman, after all, she is. I mean, taking of his tie ‘frantically’ and everything. I admit, the NC-17’s have corrupted my mind and I can watch just about anything, and speak about them with no blushing. However, although I liked the actions, I didn’t like the person… per se. If it had been Jack, I’d be ecstatic at her, excuse me for bluntness, stripping a man down in her front hallway! It’s everything I’ve ever wanted to see for them. However, it was Pete. All I’d seen of him was a bunch of multi-take scenes, with no sound. I had no idea what he was like, what kind of person, how much history they’d had. I wasn’t fuming with rage or anything, I was interested to see more, hear the sound, see how it all turned out.

When I saw the ep on TV I was interested to see that some of the takes were actually worse than what we saw. David got a bit enthusiastic at times, with the kissing of her neck. I quote Pete Deluise and them “What are you DOING to her!?” David: “I don’t know!!!” Peter “You’re eating her chin!” As well I was told how Amanda had said, during the filming “But it doesn’t actually happen like that!” (I laughed at the innocence they put into their voices repeating this) To which David (Or was it Peter… can’t remember) had replied “Oh I don’t know, I’ve had a few of those…” But anyways, that’s kind of getting off topic…

So by this point I was kind of like “Ok, I want to see what this guy’s got that’s got Sam so fired up” However, after that hallway scene, I see the next morning scene. Once again I’m wishing SO badly that it was Jack, but still interested. I see there’s dialogue, wonder what’s happening. Then I see Pete get up, and literally leave her naked in bed, alone. That’s what got me. I didn’t know what had happened between them in the ep, didn’t know any of the dialogue for the cutesy scenes I’d seen, but this was as obvious as you could get. I saw Sam’s face as he just left, and I knew from then that I didn’t like him. I tried not to be immediately judgmental, but the first thoughts I had were “Ok, obviously he’s a jerk, how could Sam do this… Why would she just go and sleep with him like that? I can’t believe it…” the words “I can’t believe it…” Echoed throughout my head for the rest of the night. I’m sure I probably had been staring at the screen in shock and horror. I know that those thoughts were admittedly softened by the amazement in my mind at being on set, but I still never shook the silent scenes from my head.

When I finally did see the whole episode, with sound, I had changed opinions. I liked Pete’s down-to-Earth kind of normalness, that he made Sam happy, etc. I dare say I really liked him. However, when I saw the morning scene again, the feelings came back. I just couldn’t believe what he did, and then almost could-be-said “stalked” her, put team at risk, then she’s just like “Oh, I’ll tell you everything!” I liked him only up to that morning scene. Actually, for me, the dancing was also quite…iffy. It was obvious he brought her there to prove a point (The whole “it’s nice to see people stay together no matter what) I thought “Wow, slimeball… Using the dance, the 50th anniversary, to try and push her into staying with him, or possibly something like that. It might be romantic to some, an “aww” scene, but to me it just kinda creeped me out.

Affinity really got it for me. He proposed, and I felt sick. I thought “How could Sam live forever with this guy… without being able to tell him anything, with such a rough, imo, at times past with him, with feelings for jack still” Then when she said “Yes” and started snogging him behind the truck… I just thought “ WHAT ARE YOU DOIIIIIIING!?!?!?”

Sorry if I offended anyone with my opinions, I just kind of started going on….I hope my explanations about being on set made sense! *Wonders if she should get Beta, lol, I probably contradicted myself. I seem to do that…*
                      What a great post, MajorSam! And I am pretty sure that I speak for a lot of Samandans when I say that 1) we are very jealous of the time that you've spent on the set while they are filming and 2) please, please share more of these tales and insights

Went to rep you for your wonderful post and didn't get to say everything I intended (apparently, if you hit the CapLock key by accident while typing a rep message, then it takes that as meaning the same as 'Submit' ). At any rate, loved the 'Behind The Scenes' perspective. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                        Episode
                        Spoiler:
                        Lost City

Scene
                        Spoiler:
                        Right before Jack takes the Ancient download...Anubis is attacking
                        Hurrah to you and tsaxlady!

Way to go!

*MB runs off to find much more difficult shots...*

Comment

Posted on the Sam/Jack thread, thought it would work in here too!

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Samantha Carter

S is for Sexy
                          A is for Amazing
                          M is for Maternal
                          A is for Air force brat
                          N is for Nutcase
                          T is for Team player
                          H is for Hippie
                          A is for ANIMAL
                          C is for Cute
                          A is for Aggression
                          R is for Romantic
                          T is for True Love
                          E is for Egghead
                          R is for Racer

oh, and that pic
                          Spoiler:
                          Lost City, where the explosions are... exploding!

Oh, and I have joined the ranks. Of the red dinged people! Very first one just a few mins ago, no words, unsigned, for complementing Kat's shippy graphic/poem...

What a great post, MajorSam! And I am pretty sure that I speak for a lot of Samandans when I say that 1) we are very jealous of the time that you've spent on the set while they are filming and 2) please, please share more of these tales and insights

Thanks Took me over three days to write it all up in MS Word, everyone kept putting in more and more fabulous posts!!!

I haven't spent that much time on set... I just remember all the little details, so it seems like more!!! lol

Well, I remember one thing that David Deluise told me about something Amanda had said... well actually He told me, I was shocked out of my mind, it was actually the funniest thing i'd ever heard in my life, due to the fact itwas AMANDA that said it... but now I don't remember... it involved the F word though, I know that! lol. I'll get around to more "tales and insights" when the opportunities present themselves, lol, such as in the past few days, with all the talk of Chimera...

HEAR YE HEAR YE

Once again, our very own Astrogeologist has won the Purple Bean award for Monumental posts!! POST 4500!!!!

Madam President

Last edited by MajorSam; 10 April 2005, 05:01 PM.
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Regarding the actual “polished” eps, though I won’t say “This is what I want, otherwise, I’m gone” I do have hopes. Here are some:

~Sam Carter kickin some RepliCarter Butt
                            ~Sam using hand device (I will be so crushed if that becomes a Vala thing…)
                            ~Sam in hand-to-hand
                            ~Sam the crazy pilot
                            ~Sam jumpin out of a plane again
                            ~Sam on her motorcycle
                            ~Sam in an alien-space ship dogfight
                            ~Sam with her bazooka again
                            ~Sam the LEADER!!!.
                            Giving orders, not taking crap from anyone who might doubt her. Planning missions, utilizing her tactical knowledge, getting the job done, making tough decisions, with doubt against her, but her being right. An interesting thing to see is her incorporating her scientific brilliance into her military strategies. Using physics to dictate where she should set up explosives, so the debris fall just so. Most times military people set it so it explodes, kills people, but why not use EVERY aspect of it to an advantage, getting results out of the results! I think TPTB could get REALLY cool with how Sam could use her unique skills in those areas.
                            ~Sam the happy person. Happy with her life, including her love life. I’m not going to get on the case of anti-shippers, but for me, with Jack. In a non-compramising, but enhancing, happy, fulfillment of a very important aspect of humanity in general!
                            ~Sam dealing with aliens. Good, bad, whatever. Just going to a planet, doing the introducing, being the one to say “gonna have to contact my superiors” Just showing that “I’m the leader of this team, these are my responsibilities, my duties, and I’m doing them, as best as I can” Even if it is the basics. After all, without the foundations, how can we see the buildings of her fantastic intricate leadership skills?

My fears:

~Vala taking the goa’uld devices. Sam’s had the abilities for years, as a result of something horrendous, yet enlightening. I don’t’ want to see the disrespect to her by slapping in this new chick, whom we don’t know, who can do all that, and does. Maybe Sam and her should get into a hand device battle… with Sam winning of course.
                            ~BB. All I can say is, so help me if he bloody takes Sam’s command…
                            ~No mention of shippyness again. RDA’s only in there so much, if TPTB go and ignore it again… I mean, IMO RDA wouldn’t disagree to come in and even record a phone call between him and Sam. A simple “When are you going to be home? even. After all the years, all the massive arguments, all the opinions of everyone… to ignore BOTH sides (shippers and anti’s) might just be the worst thing.
                            ~A lot of other things I can’t quite grasp at this ridiculous time in the night/morning.

WHEW. A complete five pages written in MS Word, with massive margins and small font size… This is a record for my longest post!!! Even though I probably could have done waaay more *grumbles about evil RL* (Holy cow, I couldn't even put it all into one post...!)

I hope I made sense with the explanations of the things I talked about, and that I didn’t’ sound ridiculous, harsh, stupid, etc. Once again, I’m sure it won’t happen, but in case, I apologize to anyone if I incurred any completely-non intentional offense!!!!

((((((((((((Samandan Family))))))))))))

Thank you all SO much for being here to rant to, discuss with, get into heated-arguments with. If not for you guys I would EXPLODE with all the inner-thoughts I have re/Sam, a.k.a The most fabulous character on TV.
                            Another fantastic five-star post, MajorSam! Thoughtful and comprehensive. I heartily agree with your hopes for the development of Sam's character in Season 9!

Comment

Here's a new one for Name the Ep/Guess the Scene!

My guess:
                              Spoiler:
                              Full Circle?
                              Edited to add:... I'm wrong again (now that I see tsaxlady's post ) But I like the game even though I'm not so great at it
                              Last edited by astrogeologist; 10 April 2005, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Your welcome and for you
                                *Clapping* AstroG has a big smile across her face -- *Great* pic, tsaxlady - thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X