Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    (((((((binkpmmc)))))))))

Wish I could give you some green jello just on GP...

...but instead here's some blue jello for you...

But you'd better hurry...looks like Sam's got a head start on ya...

Great pics, Uber!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace
      Whoaa!
      First thing I notice when I get back: Samanda’s moved!
      Second thing:Yay Amanda’s had her baby!
      Third thing: So many people have changed their avatars and sigs that I hardly recognise them anymore!
      Now: Time for me to catch up…
      Glad you're back Deepspace!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Great pics, Uber!
        You'll get a kick out of this...those three little aluminum cups in front of the pan didn't have any Jello in it...

I added it using the magic that is Photoshop...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Great pics, MajorSal! My favorites were the first two and the second to last one (with royalties to AgentDark )

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            You'll get a kick out of this...those three little aluminum cups in front of the pan didn't have any Jello in it...

I added it using the magic that is Photoshop...

OK, now I'm *really* impressed! No one would ever know that you photoshopped 'the jello into the cups'!

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
              I am replying to myself because my last post was so long - sorry about that - but I just had another thought. A lot of people praise AT and her portrayal of Carter through the years - I agree 100% that AT is phenomenal. I also, however, separate the character from the actress when I make my comments about the character. For example, AT did a phenomenal job in Gemini but that fact alone will never make me like Gemini or what they did to the "real" Carter with that epsidoe. AT deserves a Leo, an Emmy, a Gemini,all three as a matter of fact, for her work in that ep as "replicarter" but it still does not make what happened with the real Carter any less harmful to the character, IMO. That is just my opinion, I know a lot of people see Gemini differently and the real Carter's reactions and behaviour differently - I just say again, everyone is entitled to an opinion and mine is that I want the old Carter back so I can once again feel the way about this character the way I used to feel, the way many of you still do feel.
              I was with Carter about 1/2 way through Gemini. Wanting to believe they could use RC, sympathizing due to her experience with 5th, ok. But
              Spoiler:
              when it came down to it, she should have (and IMHO in other seasons *would have*) pulled the trigger on RC. And when she actually said they should bring RC to earth I was saying no way Carter would do that. Actually killing her evil *self* could have led to some good character moments for Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                Aha, methinks we have another thespian in our midst!

Jester
                Jester,

I'm a middle school band/choir director and freelance musican. Currently playing WW IV in the orchestra for a production of "Music Man"
                My View From The Peanut Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                  I was with Carter about 1/2 way through Gemini. Wanting to believe they could use RC, sympathizing due to her experience with 5th, ok. But
                  Spoiler:
                  when it came down to it, she should have (and IMHO in other seasons *would have*) pulled the trigger on RC. And when she actually said they should bring RC to earth I was saying no way Carter would do that. Actually killing her evil *self* could have led to some good character moments for Carter.
                  I agree with you Jckfan - they missed a great opportunity there. And when they didn't have her do it in Gemini, I was sure they would have her do it in a later episode. The storyline just begged for the confrontation - and for our Sam to come out on top. Instead, they had Daniel take on Replicarter.

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                    Spoiler:
                    "For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been'." John Greenleaf Whittier

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

well, I’m catching up, it’s just taking awhile. So I’ll post in reply to old stuff first. I have to say I am mildly dissapointed that so far I haven’t heard anything about France. I thought our pressie was going to write about it.

I wonder if they'll miss me
                      I wonder if they care
                      I wonder if the land is bankrupt
                      Because I cannot be there

I wonder if our President
                      Is back safely from afar
                      I wonder if the capture kids *
                      Are still raising up that bar

I wonder if the Jester
                      Is still merry without me
                      I wonder if our learners **
                      are swotting studiously ***

I wonder how they're celebrating
                      Astro's winning pair ****
                      I wonder what topics
                      Are currently on air

I wander lonely as a cloud
                      Oops, that's another ditty
                      But, indeed, I do ....

So, to all of you
                      I hope you're taking pity!!
                      Coley: I'm back! I'm back....I'M BACK!!!!! OH THANKS GOODNESS, STARTS TO HYPERVENTILATE. INEED MY FIX, I NEED MY FIX. JUMPS UP AND DOWN JUMPS UP AND DOWN SLOWLY COMES TO HER SENSES, STOPS JUMPING UP AND DOWN REALISING THERE ARE 73 PAGES - YES 73 TO CATCH UP WITH - REACHES FOR THE DRINKS CABINET.......OI! JESTER WHERE'S ALL THE BOOZE GONE!!!!! SO I GOT LEFT WITH DIRTY DICK EH!!!
                      Well its been a long and painful haul, but I've just installed a new browser - firefox to be exact. Whilst the captures come up very poor quality and take about 4 times as long to load at least I'm here. It will take me forever to catch up though
                      Hope everyones fine.
                      How about it - A lovely girl I bet the thread went wild!!
                      Right I'm so surprised to be back I'm a little disorientated and don't know quite what to do. Bck to page 135 I think!!
                      Many thanks to Astro for all the help trying to get me back on the thread!!
                      I think the real answer is a new pc and IE6!!
                      I’m soo so glad you’re back. *bounces up and down* yay, we have Coley again. I missed you heaps. Nice poem by the way.
                      Firefox isn’t too bad. Not as good as Internet Explorer though. I have IE, with Mozilla as a second browser in case I ever need it. I don’t generally use it though.
                      To tell you the truth, I haven’t been ‘swotting’ at all the past week. Lazy me.

I don’t envy you trying to catch up on 73 pages. I’m still catching up on just a week’s worth!

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Interesting hearing about everyone’s hair earlier on, and their views on sam’s. I love sam’s hair, especially seeing as it fits with the military and all, but I have a feeling I could never ever cut mine short. I don’t generally spend much time thinking about or taking care of my hair. It’s very long, has always been, but it’s not that noticeable cause I always have it tied back. Sometimes I get annoyed with it, when it wants to go all wild, and frizzes and knots and won’t be tamed, but I like it long. Which is what makes it strange that I’ve never liked the long hair of the AU sam’s. I wonder what colour Olivia’s hair will be.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

chopingal: I think they should bring in Starbuck from BG to team up with Carter in S9 and really go to it wiping out the bad guys ... they would make a formidable team!
                          I actually seriously think that that’s a good idea.

Some very weird and disturbing stuff while I was gone… Tham etc… I’ll just block my ears and hum loudly…

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Kat, this was a daring post and, it's way past my bedtime, but, what the heck ... I'll be just as daring and very honest in responding.

Chimera

The hot and heavy bedroom scene did it for me! Now, I'm no prude but my first reaction about that scene was "too much, too soon" and then I found myself quickly thinking about Stargate being a "family show" and how many young girls see Sam as a role model. I honestly felt uncomfortable thinking of parents watching that scene with younger children present and trying to explain just what Sam Carter was doing. I think a boyfriend for Sam could have had some wonderfully warm moments without the implication and complication of casual sex thrown into the mix. I've said this in other posts, but it's worth repeating: UST and the "mystery" of romance is such a classy way to treat a plot device like this ... the movies of the 40s knew how to convey quite a lot in a look, a touch, witty dialogue, and you didn't have to follow the couple into the bedroom. And, then, adding insult to injury ... Pete leaving her in bed and Sam looking distraught. Ouch ... wince ... one of those moments Bink and I waxed poetic over on another thread. Just not true to the essence of the character we came to know as Sam. Yes, you can argue the opposite as it being Sam's naivete and vulnerability but that still seemed to weaken her character.

Amanda, if you ever read this ... I do not mean to insult you, but I was disturbed by that scene because of the example it was showing to younger children. I've never seen anyone else bring this up though on the threads.

I hope I'm not shooting myself in the foot here because you all know how much I love Sam and AT!
                            She's an adult and my sense was that they'd had a few dates, so I wasn't so upset that she took him home. But I'm in favor of the more subtle approach. We would have all gotten the idea fine if they had cut off the scene at the point where he gets out of the car and follows her into the house and kids may have been none the wiser.

Comment

majorsam: OOH, and CONGRATS ASTROG for TWO awards in this year's Sam/Jack fan Fiction awards! For her BRILLIANT masterpieces Overtime (Fantastic Sam fic... you better all have read it!) and What Will it Take... and undertaking during the writing of which i'm sure she said many times "what will it take" !!! Boy was it worth it!!!
                              Again, CONGRATS ASTRO!!!!!!!! *sniff* our very own Samandan!! *holds up Sloe Gin salute*
                              I would like to give Astro my congratulations. The only fanfic I’ve read yet was her story Overtime. I read it months before I joined here, and didn’t know it was hers until much later. When I started reading it I was just going to have a look and see what this ‘fanfic’ stuff was all about. I soon found myself reading the next section, and the next. I was wondering if I should print it off and read it offline, but I couldn’t be bothered reconnecting on the computer with the printer, so I just kept reading. Hours later, I was still reading online. The story went for a lot longer than I expected, or else I would never have read it while connected to the net. While I may not have read any other stories by other fanfic writers to compare with, I really feel that astro captured the personality and characters of SG1. She wrote them so that you could definitely believe that these were the same people that you watch on tv. I really enjoyed this story, and it truly could have been an episode. So I think that it is great news that she got an award for this story, and I’m adamant that ‘What will it take’ deserved one too.
                              I also admire astro as a person. Someone else earlier said something about astro being the heart and soul of this thread. I definitely agree with this. Not only is she the organised one who keeps everyone’s comments and pictures filed together, but she creates her own fabulous screenshots, and she posts thoughtful and interesting discussion on all things sam. It would seem that she has an absolutely fascinating job (teaching geology?), which I would still love to know more about, and she’s obviously done some amazing things in her life, a certain photo of a cliff being proof. I don’t want to make astro feel uncomfortable, but I have grown to respect her as a really inspiring person, and I count her as a friend who is always encouraging and positive and friendly. She certainly keeps the samandan flame burning brightly. So thankyou, keeper.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

astro: And - please post your Season 8 episode Sam highlights! I have NearlyCircular's , Tara3583's , UberSG1Fan's , chocdoc's , majorsal's and AgentDark's ... Still waiting for several more (hint, hint... )
                                oh. Looks like I missed the season8 poll afterall. Thanks for your great post astro, putting together everyone’s comments though.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Working...
                                X