Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
    More guess the episode, and all of these highlight the "domestic" side of Sam.

Clip One

Clip Two

Clip Three

Clip Four

Clip Five (with the background noise, this one's a little hard to make out, so I'll write it out for you as well if you want to read it)
    Spoiler:
    "I like what they've done with the place."

NC

One:
    Spoiler:
    Emancipation

Two:
    Spoiler:
    Forsaken

Three:
    Spoiler:
    Broca Divide

Four:
    Spoiler:
    One False Step

Five:
    Spoiler:
    Gamekeeper!?!?
    The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
    |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
      Oops, I just realized i'd completely forgotten about my all-time always-has been fave two pics:

ITLOD was my very original favourite episode. I just couldn't get enough of Sam with the glowing eyes. I don't know why I have this thing with Evil!Sam(s!) and glowy eyes, but... I love them

Great Sam pics, MS! I like the 'glowing eyes' too
      And, Sam does look just cooler than cool in that Nightwalker shot.

Comment

One:
        Spoiler:
        Emancipation

Two:
        Spoiler:
        Forsaken

Three:
        Spoiler:
        Broca Divide

Four:
        Spoiler:
        One False Step

Five:
        Spoiler:
        Gamekeeper!?!?
        WOW!! You got all five! Congrats!

NC

Comment

Here's another of my all-time favorite Sam pics

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
            WOW!! You got all five! Congrats!

NC

WOOHOOOO!!! *does happy dance* *is very proud*

I don't know how I knew that fifth one... I normally would NEVER have thought of that ep, it was brilliantly clever of you to find that quote. In my head it just went "pop"!!!!

I didn't think I was any good at quotes... *beams with pride*

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Joe Mallozzi's online right now

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yeah Uber he just posted this:
                Originally posted by JMallozzi
                Originally posted by binkpmmc
                Joe - in relation to the continued negativity regarding Carter's character I ran across a thread called "S.N.I.T. - a/k/a Save Our Sam" on the Sci-Fi Bulletin Board. You should take a look at this thread as well (or the people at Stargate productions should) as it too details the negativity surrounding the character (over and above the soap-opera nonsense created this past season and a half) and what fans perceive to be the downfall of a once strong and respected character. While you did post in response to my original post, you did not reply to the question so, in the hopes of a reply, I will restate my question about the future of this character:

What can you say to allay the concerns/worries of the growing number of fans that feel that the once strong and respected Carter character has truly been damaged by the way she has been written over the past two seasons and will Season 9 see the return of that once respected character so we actually see Carter in charge after she rejoins the team (after ATs return) and not blowing it like at the end of Affinity?

Thanks for your time.
                All I can say is - check out season 9.
                Argh, at least throw us a friggen bone!!!! >
                But he seems confident that Sam is written well for season9 so...

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

Yes, but

Spoiler:
                  Weren't they all confident about Moebius? Afraid that didn't turn out as brilliantly for all as they hoped...

But then again, it's JoeM, I wouldn't expect a larger answer than the one he gave lol. I hope he's right in his confidence!

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

As do I in the hopes it gives me some small, tiny reason to watch after episode 5 next season. Mallozzi never really gives substantive answers and in many he just gives, what I perceive to be, flip responses so at least we got something and maybe it means they have realized they took Carter down the wrong paths the past season and a half or so and maybe it also means we will see the old Carter back with her in command/leader of, etc., SG1 in 9.

I agree with the Moebius comment though, for an ep they all crowed about as being great I thought it pretty much su(ked wind (could only bare to watch ep 1 and did not even bother watching part 2 - I would have had no one to blame for wasting another hour on this show if I had voluntarily sat down to watch part 2 so I skipped it) so I hope what they think is strong, respectable, dignified, intelligent, independent, team leader/commander Carter in S9 actually turns out to be that way . . . sigh (I am not holding my breath though).

Comment

That kind of post (I mean the one you quoted...NOT yours) drives me absolutely berzerk. Exploring Sam's personal side makes her a more rounded character not, and I repeat, NOT a weak character!!!!

She is still the uber smart kick butt scientist soldier we all know and love! *growl, snarl*

Is THIS the face of a weak woman??? I think not!

***ÜberSG-1Fan thinks to herself: Okay, Mary Beth...time to go to your happy place...***

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Yeah Uber he just posted this: Argh, at least throw us a friggen bone!!!! .
                        I fear we will not even get a bone here on Carter - I am convinced they are, and will continue, to hold that stuff back because they know a lot of the fans will be reeled-in to see how they handle her absence, her return and whether she will lead/command the team. Mallozzi, and others, will continue to give non-responses in the hopes that many of the Carter fans who might otherwise jump ship (no pun intended) will watch to find out how it is all handled. I think they really are worried about the loss of fans due to RDAs departure and due to the lack of the S/J on-screen ship potential so they need this to keep some of those fans hooked, at least for a few episodes. I am still not sure whether I will watch even after Carter's return, I think I will wait and see what they have her doing while she is gone, then how they handle bringing her back and then whether she gets command of SG1 and I can get all of that right here at GW by reading the episode threads - no reason, or need, to watch unless it seems like they really pull it out of thier a$$es next season and fix this show.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          That kind of post (I mean the one you quoted...NOT yours) drives me absolutely berzerk. Exploring Sam's personal side makes her a more rounded character not, and I repeat, NOT a weak character!!!!

She is still the uber smart kick butt scientist soldier we all know and love! *growl, snarl*

Is THIS the face of a weak woman??? I think not!

***ÜberSG-1Fan thinks to herself: Okay, Mary Beth...time to go to your happy place...***

Deep. Breaths.

Breath in....*Insert breathing in sounds*

Breath out...*Insert breathing out sounds*

Happy Place... Sam... leading Sg-1... kicking Alien butt... pulling brilliant idea's out of her "head"... hand to hand combat...

(I am totally with you though. Those kind of posts...*ARGH* i've become so angry at them it's just a numb rage... can't let these things get to you!!!!)

(Fab pic )

Originally posted by binkpmmc
                          I fear we will not even get a bone here on Carter - I am convinced they are, and will continue, to hold that stuff back because they know a lot of the fans will be reeled-in to see how they handle her absence, her return and whether she will lead/command the team. Mallozzi, and others, will continue to give non-responses in the hopes that many of the Carter fans who might otherwise jump ship (no pun intended) will watch to find out how it is all handled. I think they really are worried about the loss of fans due to RDAs departure and due to the lack of the S/J on-screen ship potential so they need this to keep some of those fans hooked, at least for a few episodes. I am still not sure whether I will watch even after Carter's return, I think I will wait and see what they have her doing while she is gone, then how they handle bringing her back and then whether she gets command of SG1 and I can get all of that right here at GW by reading the episode threads - no reason, or need, to watch unless it seems like they really pull it out of thier a$$es next season and fix this show.
                          (((((((((((Binkpmmc))))))))))))

I hope for your, and all our sakes that they "really pull it out"

Although I won't stop watching, my fave thing could end with dissapointment, rage, resentement etc. and I really don't hope that on anyone. If keeping on watching means that to you, then I hope you had a good ride up till now!!!

I think we need some moral upbringings....

Dear Samanda....

Don't dispare in these hard times

Just because TPTB answers and people's opinioins may seem imprisonable like crimes

Although our dear Sam may seem to have been destroyed by some stuff..

She's still our kick-a$$ girl Soldier/Scientist/Woman, I've said enuff!!

Last edited by MajorSam; 07 April 2005, 08:39 PM.

^^Sam/Jack^^

Comment

Deep. Breaths.

Breath in....*Insert breathing in sounds*

Breath out...*Insert breathing out sounds*

Happy Place... Sam... leading Sg-1... kicking Alien butt... pulling brilliant idea's out of her "head"... hand to hand combat...

(I am totally with you though. Those kind of posts...*ARGH* i've become so angry at them it's just a numb rage... can't let these things get to you!!!!)

(Fab pic )
                            Thank you! I just took it myself about 10 minutes ago...

It is beholden upon me as Royal Photographer to perform such tasks for the fair citizenry of Samanda...

It is yet another example showing how the real hero of the show is Carter. The more eps I review with that mindset, the clearer that fact becomes to me...

Go ahead! I dare ya all! Pick an episode...ANY EPISODE (okay, not ANY. AT LEAST have Sam appear in it...) and I shall prove my theory to be completely accurate!
                            Last edited by Uber; 08 April 2005, 01:04 AM.

Comment

I know someone posted about this story weeks...ok maybe months ago...but I just finished reading Night Terrors and WoW! That is an excellent story and Sam totally rocks in it!! Darn that Sally Reeve's for giving up on fanfic to actually get a paying job as an author. But God bless her and everyone else out there who puts in so much of their free time to write such thrilling Stargate stories. I deeply admire and envy every one of you with such a wonderful talent.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                That kind of post (I mean the one you quoted...NOT yours) drives me absolutely berzerk. Exploring Sam's personal side makes her a more rounded character not, and I repeat, NOT a weak character!!!
                                Hi - seems my post is the one that made you (and MajorSam) mad - I am expressing my opinions on how I perceive the downfall of the character - I agree - exploring personal lives can make the character more rounded - here though, IMO, TPTB did an absolutely horrendous job with Carter and portrayed her as so much less than she is capable of being (as shown by the picture you chose to provide - THAT is THE Carter I grew to know over 6 1/2 seasons - not that shell of a character from Chimera, Affinity, New Order, Gemini, etc.) My opinion, of course and didn't mean to make you mad - don't waste your energy on my posts by letting them get you mad. I get mad at TPTB when I see eps like Singularity, Foothold, Enemies, Hathor, Jolinar's Memories, Tokra 1 and 2, 2001, 48 Hours, Matter of Time, Nightwalkers, etc., and put them up against those from S7 and S8 - oy what they did to drag this character down from where they had taken her makes me mad . . . .

Not sure why you are mad at me all of a sudden - I have posted some of the the same opinions on this thread and others before and many people have given me green rep points for them - I have also read quite a few other posts, here and elsewhere, that basically agree with mine re: the direction they took Carter in the past season and a half. I am all for this character - I am fighting for this character because I think they have done her and some of the Carter fans a horrible disservice (as you can see from the post I put in the Ask JM thread - GW is not the only place where there are fans talking about the lousy direction they have taken Carter - you feel one way I, and others, feel another.) Carter is a great character and she does have the potential to be that once phenomenal character she was, I only hope TPTB get BACK to that character, the one that, IMO, was lost in the middle of season 7.
                                Last edited by binkpmmc; 07 April 2005, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X