Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
      guess the pic guess
      Spoiler:

i think it's learning curve
      Spoiler:
      I think you're right! She's trying to figure out the naquadah generator problem with the young genius...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        Well I think that I'm fairly representative of the other gals on here (I hope I'm not being presumptuous by saying that...) and the reason I am such a huge fan of hers is because I see in her a lot of what I'd LIKE to see in myself.

I admire her strength, her character, her resolve. I can also relate to the fact that she has feelings for a man out of her reach (I can SO relate here).

I'm sure a lot of the guys who post here have crushes on her too. I guess so do I...in a non-romantic way, of course. I look up to her and hope that one day, when I'm faced with a tough decision (like whether or not to travel back in time to retrieve a ZPM [which just happened to me the other day btw]) I too will demonstrate the same strength of character and tenacity of spirit.

Hmm. No one responded to this...

Of course...I guess I could be wrong...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I look up to her and hope that one day, when I'm faced with a tough decision (like whether or not to travel back in time to retrieve a ZPM [which just happened to me the other day btw)
          LOL, Über!

Comment

Well I think that I'm fairly representative of the other gals on here (I hope I'm not being presumptuous by saying that...) and the reason I am such a huge fan of hers is because I see in her a lot of what I'd LIKE to see in myself.

I admire her strength, her character, her resolve. I can also relate to the fact that she has feelings for a man out of her reach (I can SO relate here).

I'm sure a lot of the guys who post here have crushes on her too. I guess so do I...in a non-romantic way, of course. I look up to her and hope that one day, when I'm faced with a tough decision (like whether or not to travel back in time to retrieve a ZPM [which just happened to me the other day btw]) I too will demonstrate the same strength of character and tenacity of spirit.

I agree with you completely and one of the reasons I adore AT so much is no matter where you go or what interview you read, there seems to never be a bad word spoken about her. Everyone who works with adores her and considers her a joy to be around. She has this amazing ability to put everyone she comes in contact with at ease whether they be guest actors on the show or fans at a convention. She is truly a remarkable woman, and I think that all those wonderful traits come out in her portrayal of Sam. I recently read an interview with RDA, where he made a few comments about Amanda, that I thought were very typical of what others seem to say about her.

Excerpt from Scifi exclusive online chat:

Moderator: *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time!

RDAnderson: She's neither rude nor snotty.

RDAnderson: She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.

RDAnderson: I respect Amanda more than I can say.

RDAnderson: She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.

RDAnderson: She's a babe.

Amanda and Sam just comes across as a very down-to-earth, girl-next-door kind of people who everyone would love to have as a friend. Which I'm sure is one of the reasons she has such a huge appeal to so many.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
              And am I imagining things, or does she fall into the wormhole feet-first and then come flying out head-first?
              I pictured it as she was slowly rotating as she fell from the harvester... so that she entered the wormhold sort of 'on her back' (like someone might land at the bottom of a cliff) and then the 'rotational momentum' rotates her head 'downramp' as she exits the wormhole at the SGC. That said, however, the roll down the ramp doesn't quite make sense if you step through the frames (when her butt's on the ramp, her back should be to the guys, not the other way around) - I think they spliced together pieces of several filmed 'rolls down the ramp'.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                I agree with you completely and one of the reasons I adore AT so much is no matter where you go or what interview you read, there seems to never be a bad word spoken about her. Everyone who works with adores her and considers her a joy to be around. She has this amazing ability to put everyone she comes in contact with at ease whether they be guest actors on the show or fans at a convention. She is truly a remarkable woman, and I think that all those wonderful traits come out in her portrayal of Sam. I recently read an interview with RDA, where he made a few comments about Amanda, that I thought were very typical of what others seem to say about her.

Moderator: *flygirl2007* hey from texas!! Ok, I know that you and Amanda would never get together, but what are your thoughts on her? Is she attractive..repulsive...rude and snotty....? Thanks for your time!

RDAnderson: She's a beautiful and talented actress and an even more beautiful and talented woman.

RDAnderson: She carries the load of technical dialog. She's the only one of us that can endure it.

Amanda and Sam just comes across as a very down-to-earth, girl-next-door kind of people who everyone would love to have as a friend. Which I'm sure is one of the reasons she has such a huge appeal to so many.

Kat
                I agree...you said it better than I did, I think...

Thanks for that interview snippet!

I saw an older interview with AT and thought it was neat about the whole "Sam" connection (that her dad wanted to name her Samantha but lost and calls her Sam in defiance)...

So it must be even easier for her to respond to the name since she has all her life...

Comment

Kat
                  I'm not sure which interview I was reading... or watching... (it was months ago), but I do remember that the interviewer asked Stargate Convention 'personnel' which actor was their favorite guest... The answer was a very certain 'Amanda Tapping'! (And by Convention personnel, I mean the folks who organize, moderate and run the Convention).

Comment

Another scene from 2001 that I liked was a really simple moment, when Hammond asks Sam to go back to the planet with Faxon.

Click here to listen

Hammond: Major, I can’t ORDER you to do this.

Sam: I know, Sir … when do we leave?

I loved the way that she responded - with absolutely no hesitation. That's the Sam we've come to admire and respect. I'd love to see more of that Sam next season, volunteering to go on dangerous missions, and whether the mission succeeds or not, demonstrating what she's capable of.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Spoiler:
                      chain reaction?
                      Originally posted by Skydiver
                      guess the pic guess
                      Spoiler:

i think it's learning curve
                      Spoiler:
                      I think you're right! She's trying to figure out the naquadah generator problem with the young genius...
                      Skydiver got the episode correct and Uber guessed what they were doing.

CARTER: Merrin, you're only eleven. Half the interesting things in my life didn't happen till I turned 15.

MERRIN: What kind of interesting things?

CARTER: Oh..just, uh.. stuff.
                      ( Face in picture - she really doesn't like talking about herself much does she?)

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Another scene from 2001 that I liked was a really simple moment, when Hammond asks Sam to go back to the planet with Faxon.

Click here to listen

Hammond: Major, I can’t ORDER you to do this.

Sam: I know, Sir … when do we leave?

I loved the way that she responded - with absolutely no hesitation. That's the Sam we've come to admire and respect. I'd love to see more of that Sam next season, volunteering to go on dangerous missions, and whether the mission succeeds or not, demonstrating what she's capable of.

NC
                        Wonderful screen caps, audio clip and dialogue, NC! I loved it!

And I agree with you (and Uber) about the Sam we've come to admire and respect.

Comment

CARTER: Merrin, you're only eleven. Half the interesting things in my life didn't happen till I turned 15.

( Face in picture - she really doesn't like talking about herself much does she?)
                          Alright...I've got a new game (okay, not really a game but fun nonetheless...)

What is you VERY FAVORITE Sam picture? Post it here!

If you want, you can combine it into the "Name that Ep" game or not...

Comment

*Great* screen cap to pick, Kat! What a wonderful expression on AT's face! And it sure stumped me as to which episode... Skydiver, once again, you amaze me with your astounding episode recall!

Comment

Oooo... that's going to take me some time... but I think it's a great idea!

Comment

Now there is no way I can pick just one... so I'll post my favorites...but I'll post them one at a time...

Here's one of my alltime favorite Sam-pics

(ok, so *no* one was surprised by my first choice... )

Comment

Working...
                                X