Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Um...no...

Was she really hurt? What interview? MORE MORE MORE!!!
    It was in the AT interview that Jackfan posted awhile ago...

Here's an excerpt:

Audience member: In 2001, when Sam falls out of a harvester and down (something)... why didn't someone come and help her when she stacked (or something).....landing on the ramp or something.

Amanda: Thank you!! Thank you. Good question. And I did actually hurt myself, and I'm lying against this metal rack, you know, there's a metal step in the middle in middle of my... and I looked up at these three guys, and they all just stood there, and I'm 'Guys? Yoohoo!', And so they made a kind of a joke, amongst the three of them, that they all just stood around, and at the very end they said 'you all right?' They thought it was hysterically funny. But that was like Rick, Chris and Michael thinking it was hysterically funny... *not* O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel. And I said to them, 'Guys, your characters would care.'

A lot of laughter. Amanda: 'Come on!' But... they just didn't want to play. They were like 'yeah'. And the director said, 'One of you should try and help her up at least'. And of course their reaction was like 'No, no, she might have broken something, we don't want to make it worse! We should wait for the medical team to come in. We don't want to hurt her.' (pulls a face, like 'yeah, right') So, good question. I don't know the answer. If you run into them, ask them.

As I said, they needed some serious Three Stooges head banging that day!!

Comment

Über - I *loved* your pics... and narration... so I inserted my 2001 screen cap panels with yours to make one sequence
      Let me revert to Royal Photographer mode for a moment...

I like the "aha" moment:

Sam gives Boring (whoops, that's BORREN) the word she can't translate

Boring (darn, I've got to stop that) ignorantly translates it

Mollem knows....

...that they know.

Then there's the whole scenario with Sam over the gate (way cool).
      There's the image I posted earlier (one of my favorite moments from that ep, btw)

Sam sees the bio weapon...

and then has to cut the rope (Love these pics!)

...and has no choice but to freefall back to earth without Ambassador Joe

Sam makes a slightly less than graceful return through the gate
      (I give her a 10 on creativity but a 2 on form)...

...and somehow has the presence of mind to order that the iris be closed.

Poor Sam gets the help she needs...

...while debriefing Larry, Moe, Curly and Shemp.

I cringe whenever I see this shot...

I really enjoyed this ep because I loved 2010 to begin with...so great followup story. Plus, from a Sam perspective, it was cool seeing her rappel off the harvester...

This was one of my favorite Sam-scenes. And it was just an exceptionally cool scene...To hang over the horizontal gate, cut the rope and then free-fall into the wormhole...and then shoot out onto the SGC ramp! Just a cool idea and they filmed it exceptionally well.

Now, the guys' lack of reaction? I was astounded with that when I saw the episode... the guys' lack of reaction just looked cold and... it didn't look like they were in the scene... looked like they were still waiting for the director to say 'OK, this one's for real'! Part of the effect however, is the way the scene was cut -- when I was stepping through the frames as Sam tumbled down the ramp, you can see Jack and Daniel are reacting in the background- Jack is wincing and grimacing empathetically as Sam repeatedly bangs into the ramp and Daniel looks like he wants to help. However, as soon as Sam stops, the guys just stand there. The director needed to do something about that. We discussed this earlier in the thread here, and I think a couple of folks like Skydiver knew a bit of the inside scoop as to what actually happened.

I really like what AT said in that Australian interview:
      Audience member: In 2001, when Sam falls out of a harvester and down (something)... why didn't someone come and help her when she stacked (or something).....landing on the ramp or something.

Amanda: Thank you!! Thank you. Good question. And I did actually hurt myself, and I'm lying against this metal rack, you know, there's a metal step in the middle in middle of my... and I looked up at these three guys, and they all just stood there, and I'm 'Guys? Yoohoo!', And so they made a kind of a joke, amongst the three of them, that they all just stood around, and at the very end they said 'you all right?' They thought it was hysterically funny. But that was like Rick, Chris and Michael thinking it was hysterically funny... *not* O'Neill, Teal'c and Daniel. And I said to them, 'Guys, your characters would care.'

A lot of laughter.

Amanda: 'Come on!' But... they just didn't want to play. They were like 'yeah'. And the director said, 'One of you should try and help her up at least'. And of course their reaction was like 'No, no, she might have broken something, we don't want to make it worse! We should wait for the medical team to come in. We don't want to hurt her.' (pulls a face, like 'yeah, right') So, good question. I don't know the answer. If you run into them, ask them.
      Originally posted by Carterslave
      Is it possible to have the link to the Australian AT interview re-posted? I missed it somehow. My apologies for the inconvenience.
      Transcript of AT's Australian convention
      Some slightly larger versions of the screen cap panels above (for anyone whose eyes were a bit challenged by the small size of some of the pics)
      Edited to add: I see that Kat and I just posted the same AT excerpt! LOL! Great minds and all...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Lurker Alert! Lurker Alert! Lurker Alert!

Dear Royal Head of Security

According to the Royal Accountant, there have been some strange sightings in Samanda recently - furtive movements on the highways and byways.

She has spotted a rather suspicious gentleman walking his single-speed bicycle on some occasions and hiding amongst the bushes near the Gate at other times. When approached, the elusive gent actually pulls a bandana over his face and sprints away before making conversation.

Who could this mysterious lurker be? And what are his intentions? He has also been seen looking up into the sky as if following some kind of flying machine and, once, holding the leash of a rather large and spirited dog which seemed to be leading him right off the path and into the nearby woods. Again, who is our mystery man? A spy, perhaps? Or just a shy stranger?

Now it is true that the royal bean counter has been known to tipple from the liquor cabinet on occasion, but I assure you that she was clear-headed when she observed the stranger in our midst.

As Royal Head of Security, I implore you to investigate this matter and keep your eyes open to any stray cycles or discarded bandanas lying about. You could then follow the lurker's footprints. It seems that walking, rather than riding said cycle, may be his common method of travel. The man may just want to be let in to our fair kingdom and then be directed to the royal gym where he could properly train and build enough stamina and muscle to successfully maneuver along the mountain roads on his cycle, rather than beside it. And perhaps he could become an able aide in the department of security and add to the further safety of our fair community.

Shouldst you need more information on this lurker, I suggest contacting our Royal Accountant. He has been shadowing her for days on end.

One final appeal to our mystery man. Come out, come out, whoever you are! We are a friendly, albeit eccentric, crowd and welcome all newcomers to our kingdom. Heaven knows, with the ratio of females to males in this region, we can certainly use the opinions and camaraderie of another able male. Of course, you must pledge your allegiance to our fair Queen and promise to watch the epic of the Stargate on your communication device. I believe that the Royal Accountant is willing and able to help you to adjust to these demands.

Sincerely

Court Jester
        ROTFLOL, Jester!

Comment

It's no use, spazmeister. I've tried to get the answer out of MajorSam,
          but instead all I got back was talk of fuzzy love and newborn canines.
          ROTFLOL! You folks are cracking me up!

*ÜberSG-1Fan leaves to ponder rainbows and Sam eps in a calm and thoughtful manner*... that is, this is what I will be forced to do...

IF YOU DON'T GIVE ME THE FRELLING EPISODE TITLE AHORA MISMO!!!!

Whoa...where'd that come from??? And I even reverted to typing Spanish. I must be agitated...

Many pardons, Señora Presidente...

ROTFLOL.... and I haven't vaccuumed in awhile... the floor is not someplace I should keep revisiting!

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia
            My goodness but you people are prolific (even with the forum acting up!). I got back from my trip Monday, and I haven't managed to catch up yet.

I was in Washington for a Women in the Fire Service Conference. These are gals after my own heart. At the dinner
            and fundraising auction Friday night, the Marriott served fancy
            cuisine to 500 beer drinking, meat and potato eating, butch babes and fireman Sam type women. The first course came out, and our table of ten stared at our plates. "What is it?" someone asked. "I think it's supposed to be the salad course," someone else answered. "So, we're supposed to use this fork, right?" another woman asked.

I was highly amused. Birds of a feather, for sure. Not many salad forks being used in the firehouses of the world.
            Loved this tale, Strix! I don't have a clue which fork is for what either!

(...Not even bothering to get up off the floor now, am just kneeling in front of the desk and clicking to the next post!)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
              Originally posted by astrogeologist
              WOW! The SaGC Thread just passed 200 pages and 4000 posts!!

To all who have posted and participated at the SaGC

Congratulations - and thanks all around - and kudos to everyone
              for creating such a great place to come and discuss
              the wonderful character of Sam Carter
              the spectacular actress that is Amanda Tapping
              and the great show that is Stargate.
              Photo is from http://www.stargatesg1971.com/index.html
              you know, astro... majorsam and i might be president and vice president respectfully, but i think you're the heart and soul of this group.

(((astro)))

sally
              Sally, thanks so much for your kind words (AstroG pulls herself up off the floor and dusts herself off to try and look more respectable and deserving of compliments). This is such a great thread... lots of wonderful folks who put humor, time and quality into their posts... I love the pics, love the audio clips, love the 'Guess the Episode' games, love the transcript excerpts of Sam-highlights and witty dialogue or AT expressions... we've been able to stay basically positive and constructive even when voicing our disappointments or disagreements with the way certain scenes (or seasons) went... and one of the things that I love the most -- we are able to discuss the character of Sam Carter without constantly tearing the other characters down in order to promote our favorite character (that's a seems to be a common and recurring problem on other threads and forums).

Comment

Hair, hair... who can resist?
                Originally posted by ForeverSg1
                ROFLMAO... Yeah I guess you are right! I know that was one of the reasons I wore my hair as short as Sam's in high school. Jump in the shower, towel dry, toss in a squirt of hair gel and off you go. Quick and painless.
                Whenever I see a woman with short hair like Sam's (pick any short hair season), I think of someone who's got an active and fun lifestyle - when my hair has been really short (like Sam's season 6 hair), I was scuba diving or backpacking or some such activity. It's light and carefree and easy to clean and out of the eyes and just says 'Let's Go!' Of course, a smile on the face beneath the haircut helps a lot... and a scowl or frown completely changes the picture!
                Btw MSam... in your sig there is a picture of AT with long hair. Can someone explain to me how she managed to grow her hair out so long in 3 months time? I'm assuming it was real, but from what I have read their hiatus is only three months. She must have some amazingly fast growing hair. I need to learn her secrets. - Kat
                There's a pic of AT with long hair in one of the Behind The Scene clips... she's in a room and there are scifi spaceship models behind her... and her hair is absolutely beautiful! I'm not usually someone who goes for long hair (it's too hard to manage), but her hair in that interview was stunning!
                Beyond The Gate with Amanda Tapping

Last edited by astrogeologist; 06 April 2005, 11:25 AM.

Comment

Hair, hair... who can resist? Whenever I see a woman with short hair like Sam's (pick any short hair season), I think of someone who's got an active and fun lifestyle - when my hair has been really short (like Sam's season 6 hair), I was scuba diving or backpacking or some such activity. It's light and carefree and easy to clean and out of the eyes and just says 'Let's Go!' Of course, a smile on the face beneath the haircut helps a lot... and a scowl or frown completely changes the picture! There's a pic of AT with long hair in one of the Behind The Scene clips... she's in a room and there are scifi spaceship models behind her... and her hair is absolutely beautiful! I'm not usually someone who goes for long hair (it's too hard to manage), but her hair in that interview was stunning!

I've seen that pic before...when on earth could she have had her hair that long? Has to have been pre-SG1...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

nope. it was between s 7 and 8 and she had extensions put in

i just wish they'd have kept them for the fifth dream sequences. her own extensions looked so much better than that wig they put on her

come to think of it, they have never put a good wig on her
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hair, hair... who can resist? Whenever I see a woman with short hair like Sam's (pick any short hair season), I think of someone who's got an active and fun lifestyle - when my hair has been really short (like Sam's season 6 hair), I was scuba diving or backpacking or some such activity. It's light and carefree and easy to clean and out of the eyes and just says 'Let's Go!'
                      And whenever I wear my hair as short as Sam's in season 6, I'm mistaken for a man. Yes, I even get "May I help you, sir?" when I'm wearing a dress... It's sad, very sad...

My LJ

Comment

Hair, hair... who can resist? Whenever I see a woman with short hair like Sam's (pick any short hair season), I think of someone who's got an active and fun lifestyle - when my hair has been really short (like Sam's season 6 hair), I was scuba diving or backpacking or some such activity. It's light and carefree and easy to clean and out of the eyes and just says 'Let's Go!' Of course, a smile on the face beneath the haircut helps a lot... and a scowl or frown completely changes the picture! There's a pic of AT with long hair in one of the Behind The Scene clips... she's in a room and there are scifi spaceship models behind her... and her hair is absolutely beautiful! I'm not usually someone who goes for long hair (it's too hard to manage), but her hair in that interview was stunning!

Yeah this is the first picture I saw of AT with long hair and at first I thought it must have been hair extensions, but then I kept seeing her with long hair in different convention photos and just figured I had assumed incorrectly about the extensions. She looks fabulous with long or short hair. I wouldn't have even thought about hair extensions if I hadn't known that she normally wore her hair really short and the season hiatus was only 3months.

And whenever I wear my hair as short as Sam's in season 6, I'm mistaken for a man. Yes, I even get "May I help you, sir?" when I'm wearing a dress... It's sad, very sad...
                        I was the same way when I wore my hair really short, but it's been years.
                        Now it's at my shoulder blades and I grumble about it every day. I'd probably enjoy it more if I had a hair dresser to fix it up every day laugh.
                        Kat
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 06 April 2005, 01:30 PM.

Comment

I was kind of a tomboy growing up and wore my hair short a la Dorothy Hamill. But I remember a particularly scarring incident when as a pre-teen in a store, one of the customer service people said something to the affect of, "I'll be right with you, son."

As you can see by my profile picture, I no longer wear my hair that short.

Now I'll confess that I don't like seeing Sam's hair too short; although AT can pull it off, I just don't prefer it. I think Late Season 7/Season 8 though has got to be my favorite look for her...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

This is slightly OT from the hair style discussion, but...

Where is Sam?

I think it was a medium hair length at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                              This is slightly OT from the hair style discussion, but...

Where is Sam?

I think it was a medium hair length at this point.

2 O'Clock near the building

Comment

2 O'Clock near the building
                                You got it Forever, that was *way* to easy. Back to the drawing board...

Comment

Working...
                                X