No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

you're doing good sam, although i hate to break it to you, i've been noodling with photoshop for the better part of 10 years and i still don't have a complete handle on all it can do
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Guess that episode

Rename the Episode
      Add a Caption

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        you're doing good sam, although i hate to break it to you, i've been noodling with photoshop for the better part of 10 years and i still don't have a complete handle on all it can do
        I still cant figure out Photoshop. I've had it for a week now and I've decided to just stick with Paint Shop Pro.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
          Here's a new episode of that game show we all know and love...

NAME THAT EP!!!

Spoiler:

Avenger 2.0 waitin' for Felger to open his door!

Comment

Originally posted by Carterslave
            "Solitudes" tonight—the episode that started it all for me. Ah, the angst, the unrequited shippyness ... but mostly the exquisite, doe-eyed angst. Amanda Tapping is a virtuoso at playing torment. This goes on my short list of desert-island SG-1 episodes (along w. "Hathor", "1969", "Rite of Passage" & "Singularity"). Hmmm. Lots of Carter & Fraiser in there ... I wonder why.
            (Is "Solitudes" the source of that great, extemporized rant by AT that's preserved in the outtakes? "We've got shoelaces, belt buckles, a stick of gum—build a nuclear reactor! You used to be McGuyver, McGizmo, McGadget. Now you're McUseless!")
            LOL at your handle "Carterslave" and your location "Las Vegas" ... hmm ... a Carterslave in Vegas?! Sounds kinda kinky to me!

Agent Dark ... is this your hidden desire? To be Carter's slave in Las Vegas?! It is definitely an AU!

Just teasing our newcomer ... welcome aboard Carterslave ... good to have you here! And you are so right on ... AT is superb at playing angst.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Guess that episode

Rename the Episode
              Add a Caption
              "Okay, here I am praying in the Church of the Open Door and lighting candles for my ship to come in ... he loves me; he loves me not ...."

Comment

I still cant figure out Photoshop. I've had it for a week now and I've decided to just stick with Paint Shop Pro.
                ((((ForeverSg1)))))

You are so talented and I always enjoy reading your posts and seeing your latest creations...

So I beg of you...PLEASE don't give up on Photoshop!!!

It is a VERY detail-oriented program and you will be absolutely amazed at what you can accomplish. But you may need some guidance like I did when I first laid my hands on the software.

This book gave me the direction I needed...okay, actually, it was the previous edition...but this book has that same info as the original and plus expounds on the newer elements of CS:

Adobe Photoshop CS Studio Techniques, by Ben Willmore

I encourage you to consider getting this book! It's one of the very few that I wholeheartedly recommend.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Samandering.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Guess that episode

Rename the Episode
                  Add a Caption
                  Spoiler:
                  Lockdown?

Comment

Originally posted by SamFan31
                    Some of our favorite Soldier Sams (I'm in the Photoshop learning mode!)...
                    Wow, SamFan! This is fantastic! Nicely done! Love the shots that you picked!

You definitely earned some blue jello!

Let's see how many I can guess ... (going counterclockwise)
                    Beast of Burden (upper left corner), Divide and Conquer (when she has to zat Martouf... so sad), don't know the bottom left corner... but maybe The Light?, 2001 (bottom middle), Full Circle (bottom right), Avenger 2.0 , Death Knell... and the one in the middle... might be... Prodigy?

Comment

I think the one in the middle is from "Between Two Fires."
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y92...SoldierSam.jpg

Beast of Burden (upper left corner), Divide and Conquer (when she has to zat Martouf... so sad), don't know the bottom left corner... but maybe The Light?, 2001 (bottom middle), Full Circle (bottom right), Avenger 2.0 , Death Knell... and the one in the middle... might be... Prodigy?
                        Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        I think the one in the middle is from "Between Two Fires."
                        Good IDs from you both. And yes, the middle one is Between Two Fires instead of Prodigy (but a good guess).

That just leaves the lower left unidentified. Any other ideas?

Spoiler:
                        Lost City, Part 2

Thanks for the kinds words from ForeverSg1, SkyDiver, ChopinGal and Astro. This Photoshop stuff can be fun, but challenging!

SamFan31
                        Last edited by SamFan31; 30 March 2005, 12:50 PM.

Comment

You definitely earned some blue jello!

Lower left hand corner is Lost City when Sam is looking out Jack in statis.
                          *sniffle*

Comment

Guess The Episode

... or create your own episode title...
                            ... or create your own caption...

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                            Sam to Daniel: Don't they make a cute pair? The Royal Nanny and Olivia! And the answer is "no", she's not for hire! Get your own babysitter!
                            LOL! Took me a second to realize that I should read it as AT and MS (instead of SC and DJ)... LOL! Great caption, Chopingal!
                            Spoiler:
                            Citizen Joe

Daniel: Jack?
                            Jack: Daniel?
                            Daniel: Who's your friend?
                            Jack: His name is Joe.
                            Daniel: Joe?
                            Jack: He's a barber.
                            Daniel: A barber?
                            [Joe looks excitedly towards Sam]
                            Joe: Don't you just love it when these two banter back and forth like this?
                            Gosh I miss the good ole days.
                            Sam: Uh...sir?
                            Jack: *shakes his head as he walks out of the room*
                            long long...long long...long LONG story
                            LOL Kat!

Now, what jumped into my mind when I saw this pic was...

Daniel: "Green? He told you and Teal'c 'green'?"
                            Sam: "Well, maybe he just forgot-"
                            Daniel: "No-o-o... he didn't forget... look at him - he's wearing green too... and he *definitely* told me 'blue'..."

Comment

LOL! Took me a second to realize that I should read it as AT and MS (instead of SC and DJ)... LOL! Great caption, Chopingal! LOL Kat!

Now, what jumped into my mind when I saw this pic was...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...tepisode3c.jpg

Daniel: "Green? He told you and Teal'c 'green'?"
                              Sam: "Well, maybe he just forgot-"
                              Daniel: "No-o-o... he didn't forget... look at him - he's wearing green too... and he *definitely* told me 'blue'..."
                              ROTFLMAO... You know I was just thinking to myself the other day how Daniel's BDU's always seemed to be a different color lately. I just remembered Sam telling Jonas that they called each other every morning to coordinate, and I wondered why Daniel never seemed to getting the message. Now we know... Jack was doing it on purpose. Poor Daniel.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal

Agent Dark ... is this your hidden desire? To be Carter's slave in Las Vegas?! It is definitely an AU!
                                Oi! Since when can you read minds!

Lol, welcome aboard Carterslave and MattG

Comment

Working...
                                X