Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
    Guess this Episode or Add a Caption:
    Caption: "I *knew* I shouldn't have left Dr. Lee alone to watch that alien sample after that plant incident. I wonder if I'll have to tell the General?"

Comment

The more I think about it I really think the whole Daniel wrapped up with a flag in Threads was a poke at AT posing in the American flag. I thought I'd alter the flag Daniel wore a bit... but you tell me if you don't think this was intentional to tease Amanda. I mean Jack almost grabbed the American flag but changed his mind. hehe
      http://img90.exs.cx/img90/5156/flag1jw.jpg
      I think that you are 100% correct, Kat! And nice photoshopping of Daniel's flag... I think MajorSam did one similar to that for the photo of AT (changing the US flag to the Canadian flag).

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
        Caption: "I *knew* I shouldn't have left Dr. Lee alone to watch that alien sample after that plant incident. I wonder if I'll have to tell the General?"
        LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
          I don't think they've ever filmed Sam getting checked out like that before... and they just decided to have fun with it in Moebius ...I don't think she intimidates most of the men that she comes in contact with... in fact, they've shown quite a few of them becoming enamored with her (but not just showing them lustfully checking her out).

Yeah you are right many have been enamoured by her, but by intimidate I meant that her presence alone makes it so most men don't 'check her out' so obviously as they did with AT Sam. The only time I recall seeing anything like this happen was in Emanipation when all the guys were like goo-goo eyed over her in the blue dress. AT's response to that was cool. I really think I could see Carter slugging one of the guys if they did that today. hehe

I haven't seen Moebius yet, but seeing those pics makes me want to hug our (((((Sam)))))! Frumpy and beige and nerdy... poor Sam! But it does sound like the cast and many of the fans had great fun with the nerdy caricatures.

OK, and I just have to say it... I like her hair in the pics you got from Moebius.... that is, I like it a *lot* better than the hair our Sam had in Season 7! I have posted screen caps from Death Knell and Grace, but have had a hard time getting screen caps that I like from the other episodes... because I really don't like the spent-a-week-in-a-desert-sandstorm-and-then-just-got-electrocuted-hairstyle. I don't think this hairstyle looks good on anyone... poor Uma Thurman, too! I know it's 'all the rave'... I know it's the latest 'style'... but it's the first hairstyle that I think makes Sam/AT look tired (and older).

I like her hair in some episodes in season seven, but it definitely was on the wilder side. It wasn't my favorite hairstyle for Sam but I still think I liked it better than her season six haircut (it was much too butch looking for me). Amanda has such an on-screen presence, you can look past the hair and still see her inner beauty shine through...especially if she is smiling.

I really like Sam's hair and makeup in season eight, both look really natural to me. I like all the promo and photoshoot pictures of AT, but in all honesty I prefer to see her with less make-up. I think too much make-up just hides AT/Sam's natural beauty. I'm really glad they got away from the bright red lipstick. My absolute favorite picture of AT is when she hosted the Gemini awards in 2002, she's absolutely stunning in it.

Many folks have commented on Sam's hair throughout the thread as we've discussed episodes throughout the various seasons.... and I have refrained from commenting, because I liked just about every hairstyle Sam/AT had over the years. And when we played our screen-cap 'Guess The Episode' game, I was surprised when folks were narrowing down the seasons based on the hairstyle... I, um, didn't know the hairstyles-to-seasons well enough to do that.

I liked it when it was really short, but I liked it when it was a bit longer in Seasons 1 and 2 as well. I've always thought it looked best when it was cut well and then fell naturally and yet didn't get in her face (she's a soldier)... but this deliberately-sticking-out-all-over-style leaves me wincing. I also think that the hairstyle of Season 7 will 'date' the show when folks watch reruns 5-10 years from now. Kind of like the beehive hairdos and mini-skirts really date the original Star Trek series.

OK, there... I said it... ...
          I can understand it if AT wants to play with her hairstyles a bit though. I mean if you think about it she really doesn't get much leeway in what she can do. In eight years she's basically had to stick with very short, blonde hair which can get a bit tiresome at times. Heck over eight years, I have had my hair a half dozen lengths and colors.

Kat

Comment

Originally posted by Nikkirose
            Love the character of Sam! Shes one of the two favorites I have on the show! But I gotta know, AT did a lot of it in Moebius (
            Spoiler:
            both as our Sam and the other timeline Sam
            ), but what in the world is up with the fish mouth? ROFL!
            Spoiler:

I think AT did it on purpose for ATSam, but I think there were a few times when she sort of slipped out of character with Sam. You could definitely see her slip between characters when we were watching Sam on the tape. My 13yr old kept asking me 'Whats up with all the faces Carter and Daniel are making'?? Man they are really freaky looking! Its pretty obvious they were both trying to go over the top with the whole geeky bit.

Kat

Comment

My absolute favorite picture of AT is when she hosted the Gemini awards in 2002, she's absolutely stunning in it.
              Which pic is that? Is that the one that you photoshopped a little earlier? If it wasn't the one from the Gemini awards, do you have one that you can post?

Comment

I really don't like the spent-a-week-in-a-desert-sandstorm-and-then-just-got-electrocuted-hairstyle.
                LOL! (I almost spewed water all over my keyboard. I managed to curtail it, but not without a peculiar snort. And gosh, I am so glad I have my own office...)

I wonder if I could ask my hairstylist for that particular cut...? She always asks me, "What do you want?" I always say, "I don't know. Just get it out of my eyes!"

My least favorite AT hairstyle was in Season 5, around Desparate Measures time. Couldn't tell you why, but I prefer her hair a little longer.

My LJ

Comment

Spoiler:

I think AT did it on purpose for ATSam, but I think there were a few times when she sort of slipped out of character with Sam. You could definitely see her slip between characters when we were watching Sam on the tape. My 13yr old kept asking me 'Whats up with all the faces Carter and Daniel are making'?? Man they are really freaky looking! Its pretty obvious they were both trying to go over the top with the whole geeky bit.

Kat
                  hehe, AT Sam always seemed to me as if she needed to pee really really badly I mean just look at how shes jumping around all over the place

Comment

Love the character of Sam! Shes one of the two favorites I have on the show! But I gotta know, AT did a lot of it in Moebius (
                    Spoiler:
                    Somebody said AT studied Lucille Ball... if I had the time, I'd go look for Lucy pics to see if I couldn't find some similarities with AT's expressions...

My LJ

Comment

What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?
                      Best Carter Episode:
                      Grace without a doubt. In fact best Carter and one of the best Stargate episodes ever

Kick Arse Carter Scene:
                      Emancipation, the knife fight with the Shavadai
                      FIAD, Sam and AT-4 = Dead Jaffa Staff Emplacement
                      Endgame, Takes down the bad guy with her hands tied behind her back
                      The Warrior, She's a bloody good shot with that P-90

Best AT Acting Episode:
                      Heroes, Great range of emotions from AT.
                      Gemini, AT plays evil sooo good
                      Jolinars Memories/TDYK, Especially her flashbacks. But the whole thing was great.
                      Moebius, Geek!Sam - lol
                      Grace, I'd say one of her best performances yet

Best AT Acting Scene:

Singularity, The elevator when she refuses to leave Cassie
                      In the Line of Duty, Scene at the end with Cassie. (and any scene where they Goa-uld AT's voice. She sounds pretty cool like that )

Character Development:
                      In the Line of Duty
                      The Tokra
                      Grace

Carter Humor:
                      Moebius, Any scene with Geek!Sam
                      Urgo, Walking down the hallway and Sam tells Urgo off for being rude
                      Ascension, When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house - "I can understand why you might have assumed I didn't have plans..." rofl!

Best Carter Lines:

Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week...
                      You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbours did you?
                      Ummm, how about anytime she speaks?

AT Adlib:
                      Uh, I'm not sure if some of these are actually adlibs though...
                      Took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver one of these...
                      Maybourne, you're an idiot...

Sam Whumping:
                      New Order, Fifth mentally torturing her.
                      Jolinars Memories/TDYK, The pain stick, and Aphosis

Sam/Teal'c (lol):
                      New Order, in the cargo ship on the way to the Asgard
                      Paradise Lost, in the locker room
                      A Matter of Time, When Sam's trying to figure the solution to the black hole problem.

Contribution:
                      Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair, Season1 ender, Season2 opener. Great all-round team action.
                      Icon, leading the assualt on the rebel held bunker.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                        Best Carter Episode:
                        Grace without a doubt. In fact best Carter and one of the best Stargate episodes ever

Kick Arse Carter Scene:
                        Emancipation, the knife fight with the Shavadai
                        FIAD, Sam and AT-4 = Dead Jaffa Staff Emplacement
                        Endgame, Takes down the bad guy with her hands tied behind her back
                        The Warrior, She's a bloody good shot with that P-90

Best AT Acting Episode:
                        Heroes, Great range of emotions from AT.
                        Gemini, AT plays evil sooo good
                        Jolinars Memories/TDYK, Especially her flashbacks. But the whole thing was great.
                        Moebius, Geek!Sam - lol
                        Grace, I'd say one of her best performances yet

Best AT Acting Scene:

Singularity, The elevator when she refuses to leave Cassie
                        In the Line of Duty, Scene at the end with Cassie. (and any scene where they Goa-uld AT's voice. She sounds pretty cool like that )

Character Development:
                        In the Line of Duty
                        The Tokra
                        Grace

Carter Humor:
                        Moebius, Any scene with Geek!Sam
                        Urgo, Walking down the hallway and Sam tells Urgo off for being rude
                        Ascension, When Jack and Teal'c show up at her house - "I can understand why you might have assumed I didn't have plans..." rofl!

Best Carter Lines:

Maybourne, you're an idiot every day of the week...
                        You didn't think the Colonel had a telescope on his roof just to look at the neighbours did you?
                        Ummm, how about anytime she speaks?

AT Adlib:
                        Uh, I'm not sure if some of these are actually adlibs though...
                        Took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver one of these...
                        Maybourne, you're an idiot...

Sam Whumping:
                        New Order, Fifth mentally torturing her.
                        Jolinars Memories/TDYK, The pain stick, and Aphosis

Sam/Teal'c (lol):
                        New Order, in the cargo ship on the way to the Asgard
                        Paradise Lost, in the locker room
                        A Matter of Time, When Sam's trying to figure the solution to the black hole problem.

Contribution:
                        Within the Serpent's Grasp/The Serpent's Lair, Season1 ender, Season2 opener. Great all-round team action.
                        Icon, leading the assualt on the rebel held bunker.

Wow! Great comments and choices, AgentDark!

I tried to give you rep points, but it won't let me do that right now (must go forth and spread the green jello across the land first). I downloaded and archived your comments as I start to build the summary file of thread comments. And - you can still add choices later if you think of some more

-------------

'Blank Form' below

What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?

What are your choices for the following categories?
                        (You don't have to post your choices for every category, you can just choose to comment on certain ones if you want).

Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam and show many of the following: Kick-Ass!Carter, Soldier!Sam, Smart!Sam, Science!Sam, etc.:

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes:

Best AT Acting Episodes:

Best AT Acting Scenes:

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:

Best Carter Humor Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...

Best Carter Lines:

Best AT Adlib:

Best Sam-whumping scene/episode:

Best Sam/Teal'c scene/episode: (this category is especially for Skydiver )

Best episode where Sam had a very small part, but had a great stand-out scene or made a really big contribution: (ForeverSG1's category suggestion )

Best Writer of good, solid Carter episodes:

For our internal poll, we could just post our choices in our posts on the SaGC - I am willing to watch the thread for votes and keep a tally and summary list of what folks choose. You can pick more than one episode for each category, and you can skip some categories completely if you want to. You can also nominate new categories...

AgentDark's choices
                        AstroG's choices

Comment

Which pic is that? Is that the one that you photoshopped a little earlier? If it wasn't the one from the Gemini awards, do you have one that you can post?
                          Here's the picture I was talking about earlier. The left side is pretty
                          much as I found it on the web with only a bit of tweaking.

Gemini

Kat

Comment

The more I think about it I really think the whole Daniel wrapped up with a flag in Threads was a poke at AT posing in the American flag. I thought I'd alter the flag Daniel wore a bit... but you tell me if you don't think this was intentional to tease Amanda. I mean Jack almost grabbed the American flag but changed his mind. hehe

Kat
                            LOL I do too! I think it was intentional.

Now, missy, you are really on a roll with your photoshop manipulations ... very strategic placement of the Maple Leaf! Oh, Canada!!

Suggestion: if you move AT's shot to far right, she will be "looking at" Daniel! And probably singing "Oh say can you see ..."
                            Last edited by ChopinGal; 22 March 2005, 04:31 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              Welcome, Nikkirose ... Strix has already mentioned one of AT's comedic role models, Lucille Ball. Another is Carol Burnett.

However, in Moebius, I kept seeing some Molly Shannon creep in ... the facial and hand gestures and body language ... Amanda must have loved reading a script like this which let her cut loose and show a face we rarely get to see with serious, scientist Sam.

Comment

Here's the picture I was talking about earlier. The left side is pretty much as I found it on the web with only a bit of tweaking.

My absolute favorite picture of AT is when she hosted the Gemini awards in 2002, she's absolutely stunning in it.
                                Gemini
                                I most definitely agree with you -- this is one of my favorite pics of AT too - thanks so much for finding it and posting it for us! And you are right - AT is absolutely stunning.

Comment

Working...
                                X