X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elfinwood
    Spoilers for Moebius I
    Spoiler:
    I loved this episode! It was just plain fun. AT was fabulous! She had me laughing so hard at geeky Sam. Even though I had been thoroughly spoiled for this episode and had heard that she was fabulous in it, seeing it for myself was like seeing it without prior knowledge because the nuances AT brings to the character are something you just cannot appreciate until you see geeky Sam for yourself. And I laughed just as hard during the second showing! I'm soooo glad that AT finally got the opportunity to show us her comedic side. I could tell that Lucille Ball is one of AT's idols because so many of the mannerisms and expressions she used for geeky Sam were very reminiscent of the "I Love Lucy" character.

I also am getting the strong feeling that they are going to have Sam on the Daedalus (sp?) as a reason for her absence at the start of next season. I thought that the lead-in was a pretty strong hint in that direction, as was Jack's "packing" comment in Threads. Even though season 9 had not been formally renewed when they shot these two shows, I have a feeling that TPTB had a pretty good idea that it was going to happen. Plus, they were already aware of AT's pregnancy and had to know that she would miss some filming time. So, I think they were just laying a little ground work and doing it in such a way that it could be interpreted a few different ways in case things turned out differently.
    Folks keep mentioning the possibility that Sam is out with the Daedalus as the reason for her absence at the beginning of Season 9...
    Has the Daedalus been mentioned in other episodes (besides Moebius)?
    If the Daedalus was mentioned in other episodes was it said that it was going to Atlantis?
    Can anyone help me out with info here? (I have to admit that I have not yet been able to watch SG-1's Season 8 (except New Order and Gemini) nor have I seen any episodes of Atlantis, so I apologize for my ignorance ).

Comment

Well I spent the morning watching commentaries again today. During the one for Avenger 2.0, I found myself chuckling at Amanda's comments about herself being Stargate Barbie, and low and behold a new collage was born.

Hopefully everyone will see the humor in it and not be offended.

Stargate Barbie

Hope ya'll are having a great weekend!
      Kat

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
        Folks keep mentioning the possibility that Sam is out with the Daedalus as the reason for her absence at the beginning of Season 9...
        Has the Daedalus been mentioned in other episodes (besides Moebius)?
        If the Daedalus was mentioned in other episodes was it said that it was going to Atlantis?
        Can anyone help me out with info here? (I have to admit that I have not yet been able to watch SG-1's Season 8 (except New Order and Gemini) nor have I seen any episodes of Atlantis, so I apologize for my ignorance ).
        Spoilers for 'The Seige' (Atlantis season finale)
        Spoiler:
        When the reinforcments come through from Earth, they inform the Atlantis crew that Earth has found a ZPM (SG-1 in Moebius), used it to dial up the Pegasus Galaxy, then put it on the Daedalus so it can supercharge the Asgard Hyperdrive and reach the Pegasus Galaxy as well. AFAIK that's the only other mention of it so far.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
          Well I spent the morning watching commentaries again today. During the one for Avenger 2.0, I found myself chuckling at Amanda's comments about herself being Stargate Barbie, and low and behold a new collage was born.

Stargate Barbie

Kat
          Haha, thats pretty good

Comment

Stargate Barbie

Kat
            *Great* collage, Kat! Loved it! Great work - love the pics you chose! And I even noticed that you reversed a few so that all of the 'Sams' faces in towards the center of the collage - very nice! Have you taken photography or graphics arts classes? Great job!

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
              Spoilers for 'The Seige' (Atlantis season finale)
              Spoiler:
              When the reinforcments come through from Earth, they inform the Atlantis crew that Earth has found a ZPM (SG-1 in Moebius), used it to dial up the Pegasus Galaxy, then put it on the Daedalus so it can supercharge the Asgard Hyperdrive and reach the Pegasus Galaxy as well. AFAIK that's the only other mention of it so far.
              Thanks, AD! So...
              Spoiler:
              they have said that it *can* reach the Pegasus Galaxy... but did they say that that's what it was going to do right away?... Like right at the beginning of Season 9?

Cuz here's what I was thinking... what if Sam is out with the Daedalus for it's 'shake down' cruise? They wouldn't be going to Atlantis... they'd have some other shorter range goal for the ship's first real excusion. I like this idea a lot better than Sam going off to work with the Tokra at the beginning of Season 9!

Even better (in my book) would be if Col. Carter was the commander of the Daedalus for it's shake-down cruise. If they can promote Jack after only one year, they can do the same for Sam!... (and it would settle the 'who's in command' issue with Lt. CM... ).

I can dream, can't I?

Comment

Thanks, AD! So...
                Spoiler:
                they have said that it *can* reach the Pegasus Galaxy... but did they say that that's what it was going to do right away?... Like right at the beginning of Season 9?

Cuz here's what I was thinking... what if Sam is out with the Daedalus for it's 'shake down' cruise? They wouldn't be going to Atlantis... they'd have some other shorter range goal for the ship's first real excusion. I like this idea a lot better than Sam going off to work with the Tokra at the beginning of Season 9!

Even better (in my book) would be if Col. Carter was the commander of the Daedalus for it's shake-down cruise. If they can promote Jack after only one year, they can do the same for Sam!... (and it would settle the 'who's in command' issue with Lt. CM... ).

I can dream, can't I?
                Spoiler:
                The Daedalus is due in the Pegasus galaxy 4 days after the Marines arrive, ie 4 days after the start of 'The Seige'. So unless they majorly fudge the timelines around (between SG1 and SGA) I don't see how Carter will be able to actually be on Daedalus . If AT wasn't on maternity leave, it might be a different story though.

However! Apparently theres talk of a crossover show between Atlantis and SG-1 later on in the season. So hopefully then we get to see Sam in Atlantis

Comment

Bring in the big guns!!!

Comment

Sam + AT-4 = KickArse!Sam

Comment

*Great* collage, Kat! Loved it! Great work - love the pics you chose! And I even noticed that you reversed a few so that all of the 'Sams' faces in towards the center of the collage - very nice! Have you taken photography or graphics arts classes? Great job!
                      Naw unfortunately I haven't had any classes in photography or graphics. I wish I had. I actually never did anything like this before I started chatting on this forum, but thank you for all the nice compliments. If I had any talent at all in writing I'd be doing fanfics but alas I can't seem to complete even the smallest of stories therefore I put what little talent I had to use with pictures.

I promised my husband I would cut back on all my Stargate tinkering after the end of Season 8, so I have to get in all the play time I can while I still have time.

Kat

Comment

that's a great wall Forever

some lovely sam action
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Sam + AT-4 = KickArse!Sam
                          What you said. KICKIN' PICS!!
                          TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

What Are Your Series Favorite Carter Episodes?
                            When we started the Best Carter polls, the original plan was to run a poll for each season and then to run a summary poll with the top episodes from each season. So, now that we are reaching the end of our Best Carter Episode polls of each season, I was starting to think of which are my top three Carter episodes of the entire series... and I found that it was very difficult to choose, because some episodes are great for featuring Kick-A$$ Carter, while others episodes are great at furthering the scifi aspects of Sam Carter, while other episodes are great at showcasing Smart, Intelligent Sam, and other episodes are great at developing the personal side of Sam Carter. Our discussions on the thread over the past couple of months have helped me get a handle on lots of aspects that I missed the first time around.

I am still looking forward to the Best Carter Episode Poll that will include our top episode choices from each season, but I also think we should do an 'internal' poll that's only here on our thread - and our poll can include categories such as:

Best All-Around Carter Episodes: episodes that feature/showcase Sam and show many of the following: Kick-Ass!Carter, Soldier!Sam, Smart!Sam, Science!Sam, etc.:

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes:

Best AT Acting Episodes:

Best AT Acting Scenes:

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes:

Best Carter Humor Scene: Where Carter/AT gets to be funny...

Best Carter Lines:

Best AT Adlib:

For our internal poll, we could just post our choices in our posts on the SaGC - I am willing to watch the thread for votes and keep a tally and summary list of what folks choose. You can pick more than one episode for each category, and you can skip some categories completely if you want to. You can also nominate new categories...

My first pass at picking my choices for the categories above:

Best All-Around Carter Episodes:
                            Foothold - My Foothold screen caps , my Foothold comments and evaluation
                            Grace - my Grace screen caps, comments, dialogue and a few audio clips
                            2010 - my 2010 screen caps, comments and dialogue
                            Ascension -my Ascension screen caps, with comments and episode dialogue

Great Kick-A$$ Carter Scenes:
                            Forever In A Day - when she wields the big anti-tank gun! My FIAD screen caps and comments. ForeverSG-1's FIAD screen caps

Best AT Acting Episodes:
                            Grace - my Grace screen caps, comments, dialogue and a few audio clips
                            Death Knell - my Death Knell screen caps with comments and dialogue [/URL]
                            2010 - my 2010 screen caps, comments and dialogue

Best AT Acting Scenes:
                            Singularity – the scene in the elevator! My Singularity screen caps with transcript dialogue excerpts
                            Entity – no vocal cords used, but everyone knows this alien is pissed! My Entity screen caps
                            Heroes, pt 2 – losing it in the corridor with the video reporter. My Heroes screen caps with episode dialogue and a few comments

Great Episodes for the Character Development of Sam Carter:
                            Singularity – Sam going back down to Cassie – in the end, not leaving Cassie alone; also shows a softer side of Sam as she interacts with Cassie. My Singularity screen caps with transcript dialogue excerpts
                            In The Line Of Duty – *great* scifi developments for the character of Sam Carter; expands the scifi potential for the character. My ITLOD screen caps and comments
                            Secrets – introduces Jacob and created depth and substance to Sam’s character
                            Tokra 1&2, Jolinar’s Memories/The Devil You Know – expands upon and develops the effects of Jolinar and the Tokra on Sam and her father. My comments on Tokra 1, and my screen caps on Jolinar's Memories/TDYK
                            Foothold – Sam stands strong! My Foothold comments and screen caps
                            Ascension – Sam mind-melds with an Ascended! And we get to see Sam’s home, car, personal attire, etc. my Ascension screen caps, with comments and episode dialogue

Top ‘Ship’ Episodes: Divide and Conquer, POV, Threads

Best Carter Humor Scene:
                            Urgo - where she's talking to him as she walks down the hall. My screen caps with episode dialogue

Best Carter Lines:
                            "Welcome to MY life!" (on her way out of the room) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

Y’know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
                            Next up: parting the Red Sea.
                            - click to listen to NC's audio clip

"Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
                            Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

"This is real, this is real" - click here to listen to audio clip

"Wormhole Theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking" - Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

Sure, but the massive headache really takes the edge off it all.
                            (Click to listen to audio clip)

Best AT Adlib:
                            "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
                            Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

AT: You spent seven years on MacGyver and you can't figure this one out? We got belt buckles and shoelaces and a piece of gum...build a nuclear reactor, for crying out loud! You used to be MacGyver, MacGadget, McGimmick - now you're Mr....MacUseless! (lots of laughter from the film crew here...) Dear God! Stuck on a glacier with MacGyver! If there's anyone here who hasn't had a chance to check it out, you can view it here (it's the last third of the clip) Click here for audio clip

Results from Best Carter Episode Polls by Season

Singularity (S1) ............... Robert C. Cooper
                            Solitudes (S1)................. Brad Wright
                            Hathor (S1).................... D. Carren/J Carroll

ITLOD (S2) ..................... Robert C. Cooper
                            Tokra 1&2 (S2).................Johnathan Glassner
                            A Matter of Time (S2) ……...Misha Rashovich, Brad Wright

Jolinar's Memories/TDYK (S3).......S. Wareham, D.Stashower
                            Foothold (S3).................. Heather E. Ash
                            Point of View (S3)............ J.Glassner, R.Cooper, B.Wright

Entity (S4)...................... Peter Deluise
                            Divide and Conquer (S4).... T. Valenza
                            2010 (S4)....................... Brad Wright

Ascension (S5)................ Robert C. Cooper
                            2001 (S5)....................... Brad Wright
                            48 hours (S5).................. Robert C. Cooper
                            Desperate Measures (S5) ….. Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie

Nightwalkers (S6) ……… ...... Joseph Mallozzi, Paul Mullie
                            Paradise Lost (S6) ………..... Robert C. Cooper
                            Metamorphosis (S6) ……… ...Jacqueline Samuda, James Tichenor
                            Unnatural Selection (S6) ……Robert C. Cooper, Brad Wright

Grace (S7) ………................Damien Kindler
                            Death Knell (S7) ….............Peter Deluise
                            Heroes pt 2 (S7) ……… ...... Robert C. Cooper
                            Last edited by astrogeologist; 20 March 2005, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              The Daedalus is due in the Pegasus galaxy 4 days after the Marines arrive, ie 4 days after the start of 'The Seige'. So unless they majorly fudge the timelines around (between SG1 and SGA) I don't see how Carter will be able to actually be on Daedalus . If AT wasn't on maternity leave, it might be a different story though.

However! Apparently theres talk of a crossover show between Atlantis and SG-1 later on in the season. So hopefully then we get to see Sam in Atlantis
                              Gotcha... sigh... and I *really* liked the idea of Sam out on the Daedalus... and even in command of it!

Comment

Bring in the big guns!!!

Great screen cap panels, Kat!
                                This is one of the standout scenes of the series in my memory!
                                Carter is one of the team! You Go Girl!

Comment

Working...
                                X