Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Aw, Kat, don't feel alone. It's just that Samanda has become so big and busy. Personally, I've just been skimming the posts as RL permits. I do read and follow your posts - and everyone elses, too. Blanket kudos and appreciation for all the comments, pics, sound bites, tips, humor and affection to everyone here, okay?

Now, on to Flustered Sam, Season One:

COTG: "I think I'm gonna be sick."

Broca Divide: " About my earlier behavior... I wasn't myself, and--"
    Jack teases her about the tank top and Sam stops in her tracks. Her face drops, and she gives that rueful smile.

First Commandment: Sam couldn't pull the trigger against her former fiancee.

Torment of Tantalus: Sam sees Ernest, al fresco. "Oh boy!"

Bloodlines: Bratac reacts to seeing Sam among the so-called warriors of the Tauri: "You, you are among the warriors who defeated the palace guard at Chulak? A human woman?"

"Hey," Sam protests. "I'll have you know I kicked my…" Bratac walks away as though she hadn't spoken.

Depending on our definition of flustered there's no doubt more, just in season one, but RL calls.
    Great job on a quick pick from S1 and you listed one of my favorites: Sam at end of Broca Divide when Jack teases her about the tank top ... I think her slow-on-the-draw reaction was so great ... hmm ... can we consider her being frustrated in the locker room when she attacked Jack?! I can think of a few other names for it, but frustrated may fit too.

You're right, TH, the thread has been growing by leaps and bounds and it's really hard to keep up with the momentum and the diversity of the posts, especially when RL keeps intervening ...

Thanks to everyone here for all your terrific posts and observations and, especially, all our super-talented graphic artists who are treating us to some pretty creative images of Sam!

SAMANDA, PLAYGROUND OF THE MIND

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Great job on a quick pick from S1 and you listed one of my favorites: Sam at end of Broca Divide when Jack teases her about the tank top ... I think her slow-on-the-draw reaction was so great ... hmm ... can we consider her being frustrated in the locker room when she attacked Jack?! I can think of a few other names for it, but frustrated may fit too.

You're right, TH, the thread has been growing by leaps and bounds and it's really hard to keep up with the momentum and the diversity of the posts, especially when RL keeps intervening ...

Thanks to everyone here for all your terrific posts and observations and, especially, all our super-talented graphic artists who are treating us to some pretty creative images of Sam!

SAMANDA, PLAYGROUND OF THE MIND
      CURSE YOU RL!!!!!

Okay regarding that Samtastic smile, one episode I'd have to submit for consideration would be SMALL VICTORIES, when she smiles at Jack playing around with the magnifying glass.

Which leads me to my next question for my little game:

Name the CHARACTERS who have had the deepest impact on her. Now, if you say Jack, that's fine but really obvious. Sure, there's the shippy aspect that some choose to see or not see; but there's other things there too that shows how he's affected her over the years. As I mentioned earlier, he has the effect of lightening her up a lot which I think is great, of course. Some of her lightest moments are when she's around him.

But like I said, way too obvious. So who in the series - main cast or otherwise - has had an effect on her character development over the years and how?

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1

Ok, here's my entry to the question game...
        Name all the episodes in which Sam gives (as it's known in
        the fanfic world) her mega-watt or kilo-watt smile.

Sadly, they have been very rare over the past few years.
        I really miss seeing a happy Sam.
        The one that comes to mind is this one
        Zero Hour S8

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
          SPLASH!!!

moves over to make room for sally's cannonball into the gutter
          ROTFL!

Comment

Originally posted by aeromathlete
            That said, I came in here with the purpose of reiterating the coolness that is Sam Carter. Kudos to her character that has served us so well over the years, and here's to hoping they give her a deserving storyline in Season 9.
            Good to see you Aeromathlete!

Comment

Where did the picture come from where MS, CJ and AT are hamming it up posing with non-existent guns? I've seen it at the top of the GW pages and don't know where to look for it otherwise...

Okay - that was WAY OT so I humbly submit to the Royal Security for interrogation...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I couldn't get a real clear picture of it but here she is as a ten month old. Though to be honest I'm not sure which one she is... lol.
                http://img57.exs.cx/img57/2849/siblings3cr.jpg
                Thanks for blowing that up for us ... although I can't help chuckling, because the twins look like Ascended alien babies or somesuch!
                Well after finding that picture of AT in Ascension, I found myself immersed in the show yet again and suddenly in the mood to play with some pictures... so hope you like.
                http://img189.exs.cx/img189/8452/ascension5dm.jpg
                Very cool! Great job, Kat!
                Last edited by astrogeologist; 16 March 2005, 10:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  Where did the picture come from where MS, CJ and AT are hamming it up posing with non-existent guns? I've seen it at the top of the GW pages and don't know where to look for it otherwise...
                  Are you thinking of the 'Charlie's Angel's' pose that the three did? And I think it was a goof-around shot... when all they knew was that there was going to be an upcoming season with RDA in a 'limited role' - and they didn't know that would really mean - so they joked that he would be in LA and the other three would be in Vancouver, talking to him over a speakerphone... At least that's how I think it went, Skydiver can correct whatever I got wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                    Hi Uber ... I've printed and read the main story and it's great ... you cover a lot of ground, UST, RST, future arc or "what if", and serious Sam whumpage ... gosh, I'm out of breath just thinking about it! Good luck on the next part of the cliffhanger ... let us know when it's up!
                    I'm glad you liked it...I'd have Eclipse done by now were it not for that doggone Real Life interferring...

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                      Are you thinking of the 'Charlie's Angel's' pose that the three did? And I think it was a goof-around shot... when all they knew was that there was going to be an upcoming season with RDA in a 'limited role' - and they didn't know that would really mean - so they joked that he would be in LA and the other three would be in Vancouver, talking to him over a speakerphone... At least that's how I think it went, Skydiver can correct whatever I got wrong...
                      That's it! The Charlie's Angles pose...Does anyone know where I can get a nice copy of that shot?

Back to my other question to stay OnT, what characters have influenced Sam's development over the past 8 years?

Comment

Episodes in which Sam cries:

Fire and Water
                        Paradise Lost
                        Secrets
                        Grace
                        POV (though not our Sam)
                        Threads
                        Meridian

11 out of 160+ episodes over a period of eight years?
                        I think that's actually pretty miniscule. In every one of these
                        cases someone has died, was dying, missing, or she was
                        being tortured. I don't see how anyone can think of Sam
                        as being weak for showing signs of loss, empathy, and
                        compassion. Personally for me, it's what makes Sam so
                        real and likeable.

Ok, here's my entry to the question game...
                        Name all the episodes in which Sam gives (as it's known in
                        the fanfic world) her mega-watt or kilo-watt smile.

Sadly, they have been very rare over the past few years.
                        I really miss seeing a happy Sam.
                        Yeah apparently the antiSAMetics would prefer she be a Sam bot and not express anything other than superior knowledge and strength.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          I think it was MS, CJ, and AT just goofing around during the taping of Fragile Balance. I know the background and the clothing they are wearing are the same as in Fragile Balance up on Thor's Ship. I find it funny how so many non promo shots tend to get released that weren't suppose to...like the one of Sam and Daniel kissing. Things that get caught by a photographer that really weren't suppose to make it on film but they editors don't realize it and send it through anyway.

Kat

Comment

I think it was MS, CJ, and AT just goofing around during the taping of Fragile Balance. I know the background and the clothing they are wearing are the same as in Fragile Balance up on Thor's Ship. I find it funny how so many non promo shots tend to get released that weren't suppose to...like the one of Sam and Daniel kissing. Things that get caught by a photographer that really weren't suppose to make it on film but they editors don't realize it and send it through anyway.

Kat
                            Cool! Is there a link?

Comment

Hey guys! How's it going? Long time, no... post.

OK, so this is really random, but I thought I'd ask you experts about something. I figure the Samandan President would know better than I about this subject. It's random speculation about season nine, but I really do want to know...

For Reckoning Part 2 and potentially Season Nine...
                              Spoiler:

Is it possible that RepliCarter figured out a way to ascend without the help of Oma and Co. based on what she learned from Daniel before the energy weapon went off?

This is coming from someone who thought that the character was short-lived but awesome, and would like to see her again.

Samo... If you're reading this... Inquiring mind(s) wanna know...

Comment

Originally posted by the dancer of spaz
                                Hey guys! How's it going? Long time, no... post.

OK, so this is really random, but I thought I'd ask you experts about something. I figure the Samandan President would know better than I about this subject. It's random speculation about season nine, but I really do want to know...

For Reckoning Part 2 and potentially Season Nine...
                                Spoiler:

Is it possible that RepliCarter figured out a way to ascend without the help of Oma and Co. based on what she learned from Daniel before the energy weapon went off?

This is coming from someone who thought that the character was short-lived but awesome, and would like to see her again.

Samo... If you're reading this... Inquiring mind(s) wanna know...
                                Hey There, Spaz, welcome back ... here's the scoop, MajorSam is in France and we have touched on this subject briefly several pages back ... you raise another possible twist which could be fun if it happens.

Spoiler:

A lot of us felt the same way: bring RepliCarter back and a couple thought that the white light that enveloped her and Daniel at the end was Oma actually grabbing both of them. However, RC was doing her evil thing which argues that, even though Oma got scammed by Anubis, she probably wouldn't make the same mistake twice and help RC ascend. But you raise another probability: RC has a lot of knowledge from Daniel and could she have somehow taken herself to a new plane or dimension of reality? Hee, hee, hee ... guess we'll have to stay tuned for S9 and see what happens. AT does evil so well.

CG

Comment

Working...
                                X