Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by astrogeologist
    Throughout the time that we’ve been posting on this thread, many folks have commented favorably about the episode Death Knell and AT’s acting in that episode. As with the above post from Heroes, the following pics and dialogue were also posted much earlier in this thread (page 31), but now that we're working on the Season 7 Best Carter Episodes poll, I figured I'd repost these pics.
    Astro, I tried to give you jello again but it won't let me but I had to let you know how much I truly love all the work and energy you put into these picture storyboards.

The Death Knell one is fantabulous!!

ForeverSG1

Comment

I highly recommend the following Jacob-Sam online music video montage:

>>> 'In My Daughter's Eyes'
      http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...s/daughter.wmv
      From the website: http://www.creative-insanity.net/voi...rgatevids.html

The video is superbly crafted and wonderful to watch and enjoy.
      (It makes me cry! )
      Oh my word. Last night while watching Threads I cried my eyes out and was wondering to myself if there might be a Sam/Jacob video out there and lo and behold you've given it to me.

Spoiler:

I didn't think there was anything that could make me cry more than watching Sam say good-bye to her father, but I have a feeling that video. The only thing that could have made the video any better was to actually have a few scenes from Threads in it. *heavy sigh*

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
        SPACE RACE LOL adrenaline junkie. yes, the announcers were majorly cheesy but i loved seeing sam work with warwick. it was a nice continuation from forsaken and it was fun to see her basically finagling her way to having fun
        LOL, I just want to point out that I made this same comment in my summary before I ever read this one. You must have called her this in another post because the term 'adrenaline junkie' just jumped into my head while I was thinking about Avenger 2.0. It's funny how it totally describes Sam in this episode. hehe

ForeverSG1

Comment

. Here's a pic to play with...

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
          ...or make up a picture caption...
          Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website

Comment

I have no idea what episode that's from. But foreverSG1, or anyone else; what episode is the pic of Sam with the motorbike from? I don't remember ever seeing that.
            Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

It's from space race, I believe. She shows up to the SGC in that outfit. and the pic, the one where she and Teal'c are about to go and help O'Neill on the Baliskner? Best guess but no real idea.
              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Thats cool, I'll have to look into it. I thought it must have been before Season 6 as Jonas talks about her ridding bikes; but I've never heard her make mention of it before. I must really pay attention a little more - oops!
                Oh, for cryin out loud! Not another StarGate fan.

Now recruiting: http://s9.invisionfree.com/StarGate_XTreme/index.php

"And you felt it absolutly necessary - to REALLY slap me?"

Comment

Originally posted by JonasQuinn
                  I have no idea what episode that's from. But foreverSG1, or anyone else; what episode is the pic of Sam with the motorbike from? I don't remember ever seeing that.
                  Sam's Indian (motorcycle) is seen in the Season 4 episode The Curse.

The scenes were to show Carter, O'Neill and Teal'c on downtime. O'Neill and Teal'c were written as fishing at Jack's cabin in Minnesota and Carter was originally written as gardening... Amanda Tapping went to the writers and asked them if they could come up with something more appropriate for a woman who flew jets and wanted to be an astronaut - she said something along the lines of 'this woman's an adrenaline junkie' - how about having her riding a motorcycle or some such.

Jonas mentions Carter's bike riding in the Season 6 episode 'Nightwalkers' when Carter is picking a lock. In Season 7's Space Race, the opening scenes show Carter on her way to see General Hammond and she's still dressed in her biker attire. According the the SciFi channel's epilogue summary for the episode Space Race, Carter's 'need for speed' is a basic part of the storyline.

Comment

Morjana has posted a transcript of an interview with Amanda from MGM UK Stargate SG-1 DVD site, which apparently is on the region 2 dvds
                    AT interview

NC

Comment

Guess That Episode

...or make up an alternate episode title...
                      ...or make up a picture caption...
                      Photo from the Official Amanda Tapping Website
                      Its From Orpheus

Comment

One of my favorite 'Sam Lines' was in the Season 6 episode 'Descent'
                        when he tells her to be careful
                        and she replies with perfectly pitched sufferance and humor 'Ye-es, Da-a-ad'
                        ... just like any kid would answer their parent after hearing that said for what seems 1000 million times over their lifetime! Would love to get those two lines on an audio clip!
                        You mentioned this a few pages back, and it inspired me to try getting some audio clips. I'm a total rookie at this, so please excuse the amateur results.

First is the one you asked for. There was a lot of background noise in this one, so the quality is kind of poor. Oh, and you may have to play the clips twice. For some reason, sometimes the sound disappears in the middle of the clip on the first play. Yes Dad.

Of course I couldn't resist getting some of my other favorite Sam quotes.
                        Welcome to my life!
                        You blow up one sun...

And here's one that's coming up in Moebius, so don't listen if you don't want to be spoiled. Geek Sam

I just realized that I didn't do the Maybourne line. I'll have to get to that one later.

NC

Comment

Yes ma'am, if you type in the general's user id - homer.simpson, and the password - beer, you'll get right to the good stuff.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                            One of my favorite 'Sam Lines' was in the Season 6 episode 'Descent'
                            when he tells her to be careful
                            and she replies with perfectly pitched sufferance and humor 'Ye-es, Da-a-ad'
                            ... just like any kid would answer their parent after hearing that said for what seems 1000 million times over their lifetime! Would love to get those two lines on an audio clip!
                            You mentioned this a few pages back, and it inspired me to try getting some audio clips. I'm a total rookie at this, so please excuse the amateur results.

First is the one you asked for. There was a lot of background noise in this one, so the quality is kind of poor. Oh, and you may have to play the clips twice. For some reason, sometimes the sound disappears in the middle of the clip on the first play. Yes Dad.
                            NC - these were fantastic! They played clear and complete the first time around!
                            Thanks so much for capturing these!

This definitely deserves some special blue jello... and a ride on Sam's motorcycle?
                            But Sam insists on driving if you partake of the hi octane jello...

Here are the quotes with links to your wonderful audio captures:
                            (and I couldn't resist adding the dialogue and screen cap panel from Enemies )

JACK: Excuse me. I distinctly remember someone saying "We're not gonna make it!" I think we made it.
                            JACOB: I'm sorry, I overreacted. At the time it seemed we weren't gonna make it.
                            JACK: Yes! Well, next time, maybe we'll just wait and see.
                            JACOB: (Rather sarcastically, yet with a smile ) And blow the last chance I'll ever have to being right?
                            (Sam's grinning behind Jacob)
                            JACK: (As Jacob passes by him) What?
                            SAM: (Laughing)"Welcome to MY life!" (on her way out of the room) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

Posted in the astrophysics lab:
                            Y’know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects you to walk on water!
                            Next up: parting the Red Sea.
                            - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

Heard in the briefing room one day!
                            Geek Sam (from Moebius) - click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

And over on the SaGC refrigerator is a sign that reads:
                            "Maybourne, you are an idiot every day of the week!
                            Why couldn't you have just taken one day off?!"

- click to listen to NC's audio clip

------

On the wall of the SaGC gym/workout room:
                            You have untapped greatness inside you

------

Overheard in the commissary:
                            "Well in the meantime, may I make a suggestion?
                            Try enjoying this as much as we are...sir."

------

Over the Quartermaster's window:
                            Green is Good? - Click on the link to hear the dialogue

------

"Wormhole Theory, motorcycle riding and lock-picking"
                            - Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

------

You ever seen one of these things work?
                            'Cuz there's nothing more I'd like to to right now than demonstrate.

Click on the link to hear NC's audio clip

--------------

Kid In A Candy Store

-------------

General SaGC mottos (coined by Skydiver)

'Grab some blue jellow and an orange t-shirt and make yourself comfortable'...

*Wake me when Sam gets back*

Last edited by astrogeologist; 17 March 2005, 02:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                              Morjana has posted a transcript of an interview with Amanda from MGM UK Stargate SG-1 DVD site, which apparently is on the region 2 dvds
                              AT interview
                              NC
                              You know I read her interview transcript and the thing I can't for the life of me understand is why Scifi waits until after the season is over to renew the show? Why make these people wrap up the end of the season not knowing if there will be another season. It just seems really bad in terms of writing really good season finales and season openers if you don't know when or if you are coming back. I understand the first two years were guaranteed with Showtime, but it must have been nerve wracking for the entire cast and crew to wrap things up every year not knowing if you would be seeing your co-workers again. I especially don't understand it when Stargate is one of the longest running Sci-Fi shows on television with higher rates in their eighth season than they have typically had over the lifetime of the franchise. What gives?? Very odd in deed.

ForeverSG1
                              Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 March 2005, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Ok here's the Maybourne clip. Maybourne, you're an idiot...

NC

Comment

Working...
                                X