X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Skydiver
    maybe. but did you notice in threads...

... what you said in the spoiler space.

Yes, I know! And what you said just made me tear up! Good old Jake. Here's a great guy who's really been given the chance to explore his softer side. Selmac was the best thing that ever happened to him since his wife died.

BTW, if you want to read a really good S/J fic (that's Selmac/Jacob), here's a very well written fic by Orac.

http://sg1-heliopolis.com/archive/63/feud.html
    Gracie

A Cherokee elder sitting with his grandchildren told them,
    "In every life there is a terrible fight – a fight between two wolves.
    One is evil: he is fear, anger, envy, greed, arrogance, self-pity,
    resentment, and deceit. The other is good: joy, serenity, humility,
    confidence, generosity, truth, gentleness, and compassion."
    A child asked, "Grandfather, which wolf will win?"
    The elder looked the child in the eye. "The one you feed."

Comment

Sorry if what I wrote made out that I didn't find this place fun and exciting. I struggle not to laugh nearly every morning I read this thread. I think you are all witty and funny and humourous, I was only a bit nervous at the thought of Amanda Tapping coming here. I mean, here, a little (or actually, rather big now) thread on the internet, and reading things that we've written, whether positive comments or just plain fun. I want you all to know that I love 'playing' with you, especially as now my brother has grown up a lot he doesn't play with me any more. I think he is a lot older for his age than I was when I was his age. Anyway, let the fun continue, and next time I'll try to keep my opinions to my self .

Sky: the season 6 poll has closed, and not surprisingly, nightwalkers is the winner
      I missed the season6 poll!
      It's Sunday, we've had it up till Sunday in the past. I was counting on today being the only day I had enough time. Nevermind, I pretty much agree with what you all chose anyway. And besides, season7 is up, and that had some of my very favourite episodes.

--deepspace

...deepspace is a PROUD MEMBER of the Sam's A Great Character Thread...

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

in ur quote it was the americans who forgot to thaw the chicken and rolls royce told to.
        that's the true account i think
        "I ask you, what could possibly be in my eye that would explain this"

HALLOWED ARE THE SHIPPERS!

sigpic

PROUD TO BE ENGLISH

Comment

SPOILERS FOR MOEBIUS:
          Spoiler:
          I think that Moebius part one showed us what a wide range of acting skills the actors of Stargate have. Amanda Tapping and Michael Shanks did some very clever acting in this. My only wish would have been if it had been a little less overdone. (Now I’m really giving everyone the impression that I have no sense of humour whatsoever). I thought the differences between the realities could have been a little more subtle. Afterall, how can parking a spaceship in ancient Egypt and sealing a videocamera in a jar cause that much difference? Watching nerdy Sam for an hour kind of made me miss real Sam. A lot. I loved our ‘real’ characters in their Egyptian desert robes. They looked so not Egyptian! Unfortunately, the only lines that real Sam had in the whole episode were things about how they mustn’t do anything to change the future, over and over again.
          I have to say, I love the cute Ancient time ship. It’s so different to most sci-fi ships.
          The scene with O’Neill on base and the guy showing him the mineral/rock/metal/whatever samples had me in stitches. That was I think the funniest scene in the ep.
          Teal’c getting suited up in some very fancy different jaffa armour was fun. I liked the scene of the sand dune blown up against the cloaked ship. And the recording that SG1 made of themselves on the camcorder was really good, kind of like trying to explain the whole plot of Stargate to someone who hasn’t watched it!
          I tried to stop myself from laughing wen nerd Sam was eating Blue Jello! It made me think of a certain group of people I know, and nobody would have understood if I started rolling on the floor with laughter at that point! It was funny how Mackay who is allergic to lemon, actually suggests eating lemon chicken in the AU.
          I somehow found the AU versions of Sam and Daniel to be more old-fashioned than just nerdy. Maybe it’s just the way that they dressed them.
          Anyway, after part2 next week I might like it more, but so far I think Reckoning made the better double-pair of episodes.
          I think this episode served me as a bit of a reality check also. Basically: “kid, you want to learn quantum physics or astrophysics or something like that, you’re more likely to end up like that Sam than you are the real Sam”. Not that I am particularly interested in careers. I just want to learn for the fun of learning.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by deepspace

Sorry if what I wrote made out that I didn't find this place fun and exciting. I struggle not to laugh nearly every morning I read this thread. I think you are all witty and funny and humourous, I was only a bit nervous at the thought of Amanda Tapping coming here. I mean, here, a little (or actually, rather big now) thread on the internet, and reading things that we've written, whether positive comments or just plain fun. I want you all to know that I love 'playing' with you, especially as now my brother has grown up a lot he doesn't play with me any more. I think he is a lot older for his age than I was when I was his age. Anyway, let the fun continue, and next time I'll try to keep my opinions to my self .

--deepspace
            Dearest Royal Page

Please do not take yourself to task for voicing sincere concerns about our Queen visiting the thread and reading what we have written, even though it is most unlikely that she will have the leisure time for such frivolous activities now that the Royal Heir is about to arrive.

It is perfectly understandable for you to experience a bit of shyness and apprehension, as the young are always more self conscious and timid in front of someone they greatly admire. Whereas, the royal hens are at an age where they see themselves and the world around them in a slightly different perspective. The hens have already laid some golden eggs and had their feathers ruffled and have been known to squawk a bit to get their points across. So, at times, they may exhibit a more laissez-faire attitude. They do care about what others think, but are also more forgiving and accepting of themselves than they were when they were spring chicks.

Please continue to voice your opinions here in Samanda as it adds greatly to our public forum. We value all the voices in the kingdom, from the youngest to the oldest (cough). And do not try so hard to stifle your laughter as this form of expression is most healthy and acceptable at any age.

Your Royal Playmate,

Jester

Comment

I don't generally explore new threads on this forum much, I basically enter Samanda and immerse myself. But the 'Nasa wants to build a Stargate' thread caught my attention.
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9918

I'm about to make myself sound like a complete freak now, and I'm going to regret it, but the worst part is I'm still going to say it.
              I have believed in government secret projects since I was five years old.
              I grew up watching every episode of the X-files (I believed in government secret projects before I saw the X-files), and then my favourite show of all time Stargate came along.
              Yes, NASA wants to build a Stargate, but is this not a cover story. If people think that NASA is thinking about making a Stargate, then that means that one doesn't already exist. I like to believe that one already does.
              It's kind of funny,because I used to want government conspiracy/secret project stuff out in the open, but seeing the episode Covenant from season8 completely changed my view on the whole subject. I finally realised that humanity is not ready to hear about this kind of thing. Not yet at least. And I now understand why secret projects are secret, and how hard it is for the people who are part of them. Sam's words to that guy (what was his name?) 'Welcome to my World', the way that she said them wrenched my heart. So while this post is verrrrrry OT, it's still really about Sam. She's made me see something in a completely opposite way to what I did before.

HIC COMITAS REGIT!

Comment

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess

It's downright phenomenal is what it is. Nearly 3000 posts and no one's tried to kill anybody. Or even hurt someone... not even just a little bit.

Well there was that time when the accountant and the elder imbibed to much alcohol...but we wont go there

Sounds like you're having fun Madame President! And don't worry about the court. The Madame Vice President is doing a fair job at keeping things together...
                Originally posted by MajorSam
                ill make sure to pick up some hot french guys for aaaall of you
                Ummm thanks...but no thanks ;0

Comment

I don't generally explore new threads on this forum much, I basically enter Samanda and immerse myself. But the 'Nasa wants to build a Stargate' thread caught my attention.
                  http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9918

I'm about to make myself sound like a complete freak now, and I'm going to regret it, but the worst part is I'm still going to say it.
                  I have believed in government secret projects since I was five years old.
                  I grew up watching every episode of the X-files (I believed in government secret projects before I saw the X-files), and then my favourite show of all time Stargate came along.
                  Yes, NASA wants to build a Stargate, but is this not a cover story. If people think that NASA is thinking about making a Stargate, then that means that one doesn't already exist. I like to believe that one already does.
                  It's kind of funny,because I used to want government conspiracy/secret project stuff out in the open, but seeing the episode Covenant from season8 completely changed my view on the whole subject. I finally realised that humanity is not ready to hear about this kind of thing. Not yet at least. And I now understand why secret projects are secret, and how hard it is for the people who are part of them. Sam's words to that guy (what was his name?) 'Welcome to my World', the way that she said them wrenched my heart. So while this post is verrrrrry OT, it's still really about Sam. She's made me see something in a completely opposite way to what I did before.
                  My gosh, I'll vote for a future Stargate ... but I'll respect your wanting to believe that there's one already out there possibly in the deserts of Nevada or New Mexico.

The truth is out there ... we just have to find it.

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark

... Well there was that time when the accountant and the elder imbibed too much alcohol...but we wont go there
                    LOL Yeah, better left alone tonight ... and I'm still in lockdown at the nunnery!

Comment

Well I never seemed to get around to writing up a season six summary. I think part of he reason was because I didn’t feel as if Sam really was the center of attention for any of the episodes. She had several wonderful moments, but basically she wasn’t used to her fullest potential so it was a matter of just choosing which moment affected me the most.

In the end, I voted for Redemption II, Descent and Metamorphosis.

However, although I know a lot of people don’t particularly like the changes that occurred within Sam’s character from season seven onward, I truly believe season seven was “The Year of Sam”. It was oozing with great episodes revolving around Sam. Not only did we get to see her in action, but we were also given access into her heart and mind to see what she thinks and feels.

Fallen
                      The one thing I liked about this episode, especially seeing no interaction between Sam and Daniel while he was ascended and his treatment of her in Full Circle, was that it really seemed to me that it was Sam, not Jack, who changed Daniel’s decision to come back to Earth with the team. The fact that Daniel wanted to know if there had ever been anything between them makes me believe that he still, even without his memories, felt a bond with Sam and trusted her. We also got to see Sam in the 302, although only as co-pilot and it did give us the wackiest plan!

O'NEILL: "Look, I realize I wasn't the most positive voice in the room..."
                      CARTER: "We all know it's an extreme long-shot, sir."
                      O'NEILL: "Well, my big problem with it is that all this depends on us trusting a Goa'uld to back us up."
                      CARTER: "This is our only chance to take Anubis completely out of the picture and Yu has come through for us in the past."
                      O'NEILL: "All I'm saying...just for the record...this is the wackiest plan we've ever come up with."
                      CARTER: "Wackier than strapping an active Stargate to the bottom of the X-302?"
                      O'NEILL (who is up and walking away): "Oh, yeah."
                      CARTER: "Wackier than-than blowing up a sun?"
                      O'NEILL (as he walks out the door): "Yep!"
                      CARTER: "He’s probably right."

Homecoming
                      We don’t see a lot of Sam in this episode, but we do get to see her do some really nice Jaffa butt-kicking at the end. I really love seeing her in action and it’s so cool to be able to do a slow-mo view of the scene and know that AT is the person doing all the fights and stunts.

Resurrection

Not necessary a Sam specific episode but it was an Amanda episode and we get to see her shine as the director. I really liked seeing the interaction between Sam and Barrett again.

Fragile Balance
                      Like some I found the treatment of Sam in this episode to be bit condescending and disrespectful at first, but after re-watching the episode I started to look at it in another light. The episode really wasn’t trying to make Sam look bad, it was to show that Jack, eeven in a teenage body, still had the same mentality and confidence as before. As brilliant as Sam is, she still has a lack of self-confidence that perhaps allowed the men in the 302 briefing to not give her the respect she fully deserved, but Jack on the other hand has been a Colonel for nearly ten years that we know of, and he was out to prove that he deserved to be in that briefing in any body. I try to think of Sam’s self-confidence as a lack of experience that will only increase as her leadership skills become more finely tuned and used. I still found it to be an enjoyable episode.

A bit off-topic of the episode here:
                      People compare Sam’s leadership skills to Jack’s, but they are like comparing apples to oranges. Sam doesn’t make Lt. Colonel until season eight, she has only had a few missions as leader before this. We know however that Jack was a full bird Colonel before he took the Abydos mission. He has over ten years more leadership experience as Sam. Instead of comparing Major Carter to Colonel O’Neill, or Lt. Colonel Carter to Colonel O’Neill, I like to compare Lt. Colonel Carter to Brig. General O’Neill.

That is a much more realistic comparison in that in both cases they are in entirely new positions, with new job descriptions that neither are extremely comfortable. It just goes to prove that even someone as confident as Jack is as Colonel, really starts to feel like a fish out of water in different circumstances. It’s only reasonable that Sam would feel those same type of insecurities under the same circumstances. It’s not she isn’t capable of doing the job, she just needs time to get her feet wet and fine tune her leadership skills and eventually both with have much more self confidence in their new job descriptions.

Space Race
                      Adrenaline Junkie Sam. We all knew she had this in her but it was fun to finally see Sam let go and do something for once just for the sheer pleasure of it.

Avenger 2.0
                      My 13yr old absolutely loves this episode. It’s not one of my favorites but it was amusing to watch it with him. He chuckled and giggled through the entire thing, but then again he really loves Felger. I have to admit there were some really funny moments in this episode. The scene when Sam goes to tell Felger that he’s been given permission to work on the virus and that she’s been asked to work with him and Felger pours soda all over himself is a blast. Sam’s reactions to Felger’s blunderings are so reserved that it makes me laugh even harder. I love the scene at Felger’s apartment with Felger’s pants on backwards. I’m not sure how AT could make it through that scene without laughing. It had to have taken them a dozen takes to get through it. The dream sequence at the end was wacky but funny. I totally didn’t expect to see Sam rip her shirt off and attack Chloe, and Jack’s response at the end was priceless. Overall, it was nice to get to see a light-hearted Sam and you can definitely see how compassionate she is as she tries to work with Jay.

**continue on next post*
                      Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 March 2005, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Birthright
                        Personally, I really liked finally seeing a planet where the women were in charge and I enjoyed seeing Sam being the one whom the leaders go to instead of Jack.

Grace
                        I wasn’t sure if I was going to enjoy this episode when it first began and I realized the entire thing was going to be via Sam’s narration to what was happening, but I have to admit I really loved it. I really liked being able to see into Sam’s psyche; to see how her mind works, even with a concussion. It was a life changing episode for Sam and made her truly look deep within herself to decide what she wanted/needed in life. I really think AT did a phenomenal job on this one.

Chimera
                        I personally loved seeing Sam’ away from the SGC and being a girl for once. I really enjoyed the playful way she reacted to Pete (granted I wished she could react that way to someone else). I really liked getting to see Sam in a non-work related situation, where she could let her guard down and we saw all the normal insecurities come out: no Major Carter, no brilliant Astrophysicists saving the world…just Samantha Carter. It was great getting to see Sam smile and laugh openly. AT has such a beautiful smile, it’s sad that we have seen so little of it over the past few years.

I don’t like how they did this episode in terms of showing us the viewers how much time had passed since Sam had actually met Pete to the beginning of the episode. The main reason I didn’t like it is because from what we saw, Sam and Pete really didn’t spend that much time together before they were doing a horizontal dance and I just don’t see Sam as being that type of person. I mean she hasn’t been in a relationship in eight years, but a few weeks after deciding she isn’t going to pine away for Jack any longer she’s sleeping with another man. It’s not what I would expect from Sam normally. I also didn’t like the fact that an upset Pete basically walks out on Sam the very next morning, yet Sam is the one shown trying to call him to make things right. I won’t get into the whole background check fiasco and following her to the stake-out. In my opinion this was poor writing on the writer’s part. They had an opportunity to make this a really good episode, but the way they portrayed Sam through it all left much to be desired. Overall, I have very mixed views regarding this episode there are parts I enjoyed( mostly just seeing a happy Sam ) but there are many things that made me want to cringe.

Death Knell
                        What more can you ask for…SoldierSam using her survival skills to escape the impossible. It’s amazing to think that she was there for hours, if not days on her own, with nothing more than her own intelligence and sheer desire to live to keep her going.

Even exhausted and hurt, Sam is capable of rigging the missile and UAV to fire at the super soldier. I even got a small shippy moment at the end with Jack and Sam. In my opinion, this is one of the best SoldierSam episodes.

Heroes I & II
                        I absolutely love these episodes. I really think the entire cast did an excellent job and the story was wonderfully written. This was a highly emotional episode for Sam and AT did a brilliant job with all the demands it had of her. Three scenes that stand out in my mind are:

In the corridor when Sam comes back from the battlefield, her face covered in dirt, blood and tear-stains. I can’t describe how many emotions we see in her face at this moment: fear, pain, sorrow, anger, ect… but you could feel every one of them in that brief encounter.

The second scene is in Sam’s lab when she’s trying to write a few words for Janet’s memorial service and Teal’c arrives. All those raw emotions come flooding through the television screen…it was truly heart-wrenching. It was nice that Teal’c came to Sam to ask her to say a few words regarding Janet on his behalf. It really showed how much their relationship has grown over the years. I have noticed how Teal’c seems to be one of the few people in Sam’s life where she can open up emotionally without really feeling embarrassed by it, we saw it in Paradise Lost as well as in Heroes.

The other scene I truly love is with Jack in the private infirmary room. I know many fans were upset by this scene, but personally I found it extremely touching. Sam just lost her best friend and nearly lost someone else for whom she cared very deeply. I know others probably think that Sam’s thoughts should have been with Janet and not telling Jack how worried she was, but I always think back to “Meridian” when Sam is saying good-bye to Daniel and remember her saying these words…

I don't know why we wait to tell people how we really feel. I guess I hoped that you always knew.

I think Sam regrets perhaps not having an opportunity to have said good-bye to Janet and knowing how close she came to losing Jack as well, she wasn’t going to let that moment slip through her hands again. He may be her CO, but he is still a friend and the idea of losing someone else so close makes her seek him out and share a moment. It was nicely written, not over the top, and beautifully acted by both AT and RDA.

Lost City
                        I have to admit, I loved this episode because it gave me a bit of everything I adore about Stargate. It gave me a team episode with great special effects and battle scenes. It gave me Jack gone Ancient which I always enjoy and it gave the shipper in me some really touching moments. I’m not really sure if I can think of anything negative to say. These two episodes are probably my all-time favorite in that they provided every thing that I so love about this show.

My favorite scene is with Sam and Jack near the end when she is leaning over him, pleading that he doesn’t give up now after they have finally won.

‘Please…Jack”.

It moved me to hear her call him Jack. I know Sam does a lot of other wonderful things in this episode but that is the moment that will stand out in my mind forever.

There are a few episodes I missed, but I figured I’d leave some for others to write about. J

ForeverSG1

Sigh my summary was too long and I had to cut it in half.
                        Last edited by ForeverSg1; 12 March 2005, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                          Look how far we've come! And it's been mostly positive and upbeat and witty and thoughtful and respectful and just plain fun!! We're playing ... isn't it a great feeling to be playing as an adult?! The real world often takes itself way too seriously; I like to know that I can drop by Samanda for a laugh or two and some friendly debate! Hope you feel the same.
                          Because it was so well-stated that it bears repeating!

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
                          It's downright phenomenal is what it is. Nearly 3000 posts and no one's tried to kill anybody. Or even hurt someone... not even just a little bit.
                          I think that Colonel Carter put some special programming into the SaGC dialing computer and only certain inbound travellers actually have their molecules reassembled. Trolls and bad attitudes are generally diverted to other planets (threads)... ooo... wonder how I can get one of these Stargates installed at the doors to my college classrooms... and I wonder if it will also filter out the administrators (no offence Chopin!)

It is perfectly understandable for you to experience a bit of shyness and apprehension, as the young are always more self conscious and timid in front of someone they greatly admire. Whereas, the royal hens are at an age where they see themselves and the world around them in a slightly different perspective. The hens have already laid some golden eggs and had their feathers ruffled and have been known to squawk a bit to get their points across. So, at times, they may exhibit a more laissez-faire attitude. They do care about what others think, but are also more forgiving and accepting of themselves than they were when they were spring chicks.
                          ROTFL at the fowl imagery! And I can hear it all in an being said in a 'very proper aristocratic tone of complete seriousness'!

Please continue to voice your opinions here in Samanda as it adds greatly to our public forum. We value all the voices in the kingdom, from the youngest to the oldest (cough). And do not try so hard to stifle your laughter as this form of expression is most healthy and acceptable at any age.
                          What she said!

Originally posted by MajorSam
                          ill make sure to pick up some hot french guys for aaaall of you
                          Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                          Ummm thanks...but no thanks ;0
                          I'm sure that MajorSam will include some hot french girls for the guys of the SaGC!

I missed the season6 poll!
                          Sorry about that deepspace! But please still post your comments about your favorite Season 6 episodes and your favorite Season 6 Sam moments. I will download your comments and then go back and add them to the Season 6 summary post (page 147). And, please post your Season 7 comments! (although you don't have to post the two seasons together).

Comment

Fantastic Season 7 comments and posts, ForeverSG1!!!
                            Definitely worthy of the special stock of hi-octane blue jello!

*Great* reading! And you raised so many good points that I will try and respond to them in separate posts (that will also give me time to collect my thoughts ) In the meantime, I have downloaded and archived your wonderful comments and added them to the growing Season 7 summary list!

Originally posted by foreversg1
                            Homecoming
                            We don’t see a lot of Sam in this episode, but we do get to see her do some really nice Jaffa butt-kicking at the end. I really love seeing her in action and it’s so cool to be able to do a slow-mo view of the scene and know that AT is the person doing all the fights and stunts.

*Great* screen caps! I saw a few frames of this scene on one of the commercial teasers that our local independent station ran during a commercial break - and I couldn't remember seeing it in an episode... hmmmm... am now going to go and put that DVD back in and watch that episode again!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

... I think that Colonel Carter put some special programming into the SaGC dialing computer and only certain inbound travellers actually have their molecules reassembled. Trolls and bad attitudes are generally diverted to other planets (threads)... ooo... wonder how I can get one of these Stargates installed at the doors to my college classrooms... and I wonder if it will also filter out the administrators (no offence Chopin!)

ROTFL at the fowl imagery! And I can hear it all in an being said in a 'very proper aristocratic tone of complete seriousness'!
                              ROTFL back at you! Special routing in the dialing computer?! Brilliant, brilliant! (Why didn't I think of that?!)

Just to know, I keep a zat under my desk in case any department chairs wander in ....

Yes, picture a very proper British accent and serious tone ... you got it!

Comment

Originally posted by jckfan55
                                "I warned you not to touch my blue jello."
                                LOL... this is exactly the type of response I'd expect from Sam.

Actually I really think the next silly Stargate episode needs to have that line in it.

That or...
                                Put your hands in the air and step away from the blue jello!

Comment

Working...
                                X