No announcement yet.

Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure if any of you read this on JM's thread but thought I'd pass it along just incase some of you missed it.

Originally posted by SueS
    1. Will Carter's new position take her off-world (e.g. working at the Alpha site or on the Prometheus or Deadalus?) or is it an earth-bound position?

When season 9 kicks off, Carter will be far, far away.

2. We know Amanda will be back, but for the characters do they consider Sam's new position to be permanent or temporary? IOW, will they be surprised when she returns?

They could be surprised but, honestly, after everything these guys have seen over the past 8 years, I doubt very much that anything surprises them anymore.
    JM has already said when Sam comes back Mitchell will be in charge but also said that he wasn't necessarily going to be over Sam.

But the way he talks above Sam isn't going to be in Washington D.C when the season kicks off. At least I don't consider DC to be far, far away.
    Just thought I'd toss this little snippet into the ring.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Just stoping by to say thanks for the lovely pics all you people have posted here of Amanda
      and comments on them, this is really a lovely and fun place to read other fans thoughts on Amanda and of course her alta ego Sam
      ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
        Not sure if any of you read this on JM's thread but thought I'd pass it along just incase some of you missed it.

JM has already said when Sam comes back Mitchell will be in charge but also said that he wasn't necessarily going to be over Sam.

But the way he talks above Sam isn't going to be in Washington D.C when the season kicks off. At least I don't consider DC to be far, far away.

ForeverSG1
        Yay! I hope he means far, far away, not on Earth. Don't know what the personal business is, unless it's settling Jacob/Selmak's affairs in Tok'ra land?? And learning how to use her Tok'ra abilities? Please say yes!

Not thrilled about the fact that "they could be surprised but won't after all they've seen" bit. S8 has suffered IMO by the blase reactions of teammates to each other's danger. Or to anything for that matter. I like more emotion in our favorite characters.

Also don't like the Mitchell's in charge but not necessarily of Sam. Huh? That must mean she's not on SG-1 then. Very bad.

If she's in Atlantis, maybe she should stay there?

hrh

Comment

Hi I'm just explaining to my friend about Stargate SG1 (Can you imagine someone who doesn't know Stargate?) and I thought I'd show her the thread. She thinks we're all nuts!!!! I've been trying to force season 1 DVD box set onto her to watch but she's having non of it!! What can I say to her to persuade her - any ideas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
            Hi I'm just explaining to my friend about Stargate SG1 (Can you imagine someone who doesn't know Stargate?) and I thought I'd show her the thread. She thinks we're all nuts!!!! I've been trying to force season 1 DVD box set onto her to watch but she's having non of it!! What can I say to her to persuade her - any ideas!!
            ROTFL! Coley you always post such great stuff! I have this great mental image of your friend rolling her eyes and sighing at you. I can see the DVD box in your hands... you are holding them out for her to take, but her arms are resolutely folded over her chest and her eyebrows are raised in askance - silent message 'are you *nuts*'?

Here's my recommendation - have her come over to your place for lunch, 'movies' and popcorn and such... and pop in the first DVD from Season 1. She might go for it if you watch with her... your enthusiasm might spill onto her. I've seen it every year with the SuperBowl and World Series (that's yankee football and baseball) - every year millions of folks (especially women) who do not watch sports, *do* watch the SuperBowl and/or World Series... it's a social 'thing'... an event... and people will even pick sides and root strongly for 'their' team (even though they usually don't watch at all).

So, maybe your friend will enjoy it if you share the viewing experience with her? If it goes well, you could do it again... over time she might get hooked and then ask to take the DVDs home...
            Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 March 2005, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              Originally posted by SueS
              1. Will Carter's new position take her off-world (e.g. working at the Alpha site or on the Prometheus or Deadalus?) or is it an earth-bound position?

When season 9 kicks off, Carter will be far, far away.

2. We know Amanda will be back, but for the characters do they consider Sam's new position to be permanent or temporary? IOW, will they be surprised when she returns?

They could be surprised but, honestly, after everything these guys have seen over the past 8 years, I doubt very much that anything surprises them anymore.

ForeverSG1
              Originally posted by hrh36
              Yay! I hope he means far, far away, not on Earth. Don't know what the personal business is, unless it's settling Jacob/Selmak's affairs in Tok'ra land?? And learning how to use her Tok'ra abilities? Please say yes!

Not thrilled about the fact that "they could be surprised but won't after all they've seen" bit. S8 has suffered IMO by the blase reactions of teammates to each other's danger. Or to anything for that matter. I like more emotion in our favorite characters.

Also don't like the Mitchell's in charge but not necessarily of Sam. Huh? That must mean she's not on SG-1 then. Very bad.

hrh
              Hmmm... this brings me back to my earlier idea that they might have Sam as the spoilers for seasons 8&9
              Spoiler:
              new liason with the Tokra - taking over her father's 'liason' position... puts her offworld to explain AT's absence... provides another reason for why they wrote Jacob's death in Threads (other than ship). I just hope that they don't Tok'ra her with a goa'uld!... and I could so see them doing it... the character of Sam Carter would change from the military scientist into the Tokra alien secondary character that Jacob was... although that would allow them to write flexibly for AT's new life with a baby.

I don't like the implications of SG-1 being surprised when Sam comes back. However they are setting this up, it certainly doesn't bode well for Sam being in command of SG-1.
              Last edited by astrogeologist; 08 March 2005, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Cheers Astro.

I've just asked my friend what she thinks and the reply was "A quick exit I reckon"!!

Mind you I made the mistake of trying to explain The Court of Samanda to her, explained a few of the characters, a few posts and briefly went through the Oy Yea Times ...... Ohhh wait she's just running downstairs....putting her coat on.... Bev where the hell are you ........ Oh the door has shut, with her on the other side! There goes 30 years of friendship. Ah well you can lead a horse to water!!!

Seriously I better return to my normal sensible accountant self - or she *will* be ruuning out the door. So what dvd shall we watch Bev? Pierce Brosnan - Tomorrow Never Dies? I can roll with that!!

Talk with you all tomorrow!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                  Cheers Astro.

I've just asked my friend what she thinks and the reply was "A quick exit I reckon"!!

Mind you I made the mistake of trying to explain The Court of Samanda to her, explained a few of the characters, a few posts and briefly went through the Oy Yea Times ...... Ohhh wait she's just running downstairs....putting her coat on.... Bev where the hell are you ........ Oh the door has shut, with her on the other side! There goes 30 years of friendship. Ah well you can lead a horse to water!!!

Seriously I better return to my normal sensible accountant self - or she *will* be ruuning out the door. So what dvd shall we watch Bev? Pierce Brosnan - Tomorrow Never Dies? I can roll with that!!

Talk with you all tomorrow!!
                  OK, time to pull out the big guns... did you tell her about the.. 'special' blue jello?

Comment

Skydiver! Three such wonderful, content-filled posts!
                    Critiques of Robert Cooper's episodes
                    Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie (JM,PM)
                    Brad/cj/pdl and all the rest
                    Great fun to read - your critiques were generally constructive and positive, and even when you had something negative to say, you said it in a non-destructive, non-inflammatory fashion. Nice!

In recognition of your hard work and dedication to quality, the members of SG-1 have awarded you a week... at the cabin...!

In this pic: Teal'c is trying to convince Jack that Teal'c wants to stick around and wait for your arrival because he is concerned for your safety alone in the wilderness. Jack suspects otherwise...

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Dearest Royal Samandans

Please check your calendars and know that today, the eighth of March, is exactly one week away from our Queen's projected royal delivery. Keep aforementioned Royal Momma-to-be in your hearts and prayers.

We will soon know whether the Ides of March will be the Royal Heir's birthday (which would be delightful as it is my birthday also).

Jester
                      I wish Her Royal Highness knew of us and would stop by for a chat sometime... (obviously not now since I'm fairly certain her royal hands are royally busy)...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Friend left muttering "mid life crisis" under her breath.
                        Yup Astro - a large helping of your special blue jello next week!!

Comment

hrh
                          Here's the 3rd question and answer from that same post

3. When Sam returns, who will be in command of SG-1?

Joe Mallozi: When she returns, Mitchell is leading SG-1. Do you mean who will be leading the team
                          when she re-joins SG-1?

He didn't answer the question about who's in charge, because he wanted clarification, but it does sound like at least she'll be back on SG1.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist

Skydiver!

In recognition of your hard work and dedication to quality, the members of SG-1 have awarded you a week... at the cabin...!

In this pic: Teal'c is trying to convince Jack that Teal'c wants to stick around and wait for your arrival because he is concerned for your safety alone in the wilderness. Jack suspects otherwise...
                            Dear Keeper

I beg your pardon.

I find it hard to believe that Murray would be spending a week at Jack's cabin with the royal Census Taker ... not after the beautiful music he and I made together at the Royal Gala last weekend.

How dare he! He must think I'm not the only fish in the pond! To that I say ... let him watch Moebius!

For certain, I will find out one way or the other. And, if Murray did, indeed, spend the week with Census Taker at the cabin, I shall chastise him upon our next meeting by shouting, for all to hear: lyre! lyre! pants on fire! This is crushing news ... I fear that I will not pick up my instrument again!

A bean ... a bean ... I need a bean and a tall helping of high-octane blue jello ....

Your slightly perturbed Jester

Comment

hrh
                              As AstroG has also been mentioning, the idea of Sam becoming some kind of off-world emissary to the Tok'ra because of what happens in S8 seems like a good arc ... and it would be neat to have Sam learn more about Tok'ra technology and the use of the healing device which she never seemed to master.

But why would the team seem somewhat unprepared for her return or surprised? I don't want her return to be just a minor subplot in Episode 6 ... it should be a Plot A storyline all the way!

They seem to be setting up some crossover episodes for SG1 and Atlantis characters in the next season ... so that's another possibility ... being involved with the Pegasus galaxy. My guess is that she's on a mission having to do with the ZPMs and the whole time-travel thing that ends S8.

TPTB are now slowly leaking out bits and pieces of info for the new season so we should be learning more in the weeks ahead. They'll give us just enough to keep us on the edge of our seats ... so that there's a large audience around when Sam does come back.

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                                Dear Keeper

I beg your pardon.

I find it hard to believe that Murray would be spending a week at Jack's cabin with the royal Census Taker ... not after the beautiful music he and I made together at the Royal Gala last weekend.

How dare he! He must think I'm not the only fish in the pond! To that I say ... let him watch Moebius!

For certain, I will find out one way or the other. And, if Murray did, indeed, spend the week with Census Taker at the cabin, I shall chastise him upon our next meeting by shouting, for all to hear: lyre! lyre! pants on fire! This is crushing news ... I fear that I will not pick up my instrument again!

A bean ... a bean ... I need a bean and a tall helping of high-octane blue jello ....

Your slightly perturbed Jester
                                Oh dear Jester,

It grieves me so that Sir Murray would have such wonderful feet of clay. What shall I do?
                                Nay, I know what I must do, I must decline the kind reward and not journey to the fantastic cabin in the wilds.
                                Mayhap I shall just remain at home. Or perhaps, would the dear Jester consent to join Murray and Jack and I at the cabin in the woods? For I am aware that both of the Queen's consorts are certainly man enough to share...and be shared
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X