Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tok'Ra Hostess
    Revelations.

You know, I really wish that the PTB had let Sam "see" Daniel in this ep. The perfect moment arose after Sam told Osiris to "go to Hell," and Osiris went back to wailing on her brain. They wouldn't even have had to bring MS into the ep: Sam could've simply changed her focus and exclaimed, "Daniel?"

I really felt cheated that Daniel wasn't allowed a visit Sam that whole season.

Thanks for the game, AG. This is fun - if somewhat late.

I like your idea. I think another (for Sam seeing Daniel) could have been from season 6's Metamorphosis, when
    Spoiler:
    Sam was becoming waterwoman.

Sally
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by binkpmmc
      Just jumping in to give some hope to those who seem not to have much right now about how Carter will be treated upon ATs return...
      Great post binkpmmc! And you're right, we should definately should be vocal in our support for Carter in Command of SG-1 (Look an acronym! 'CiC-SG1' Acronyms *always* help out ).
      But I'm confident that Carter will be back in command when she return's from whatever it she's doing for the start of Season9. From what I've read it does sound as if Lt.Col Mitchell will be only in temporary command of SG-1 so I'm looking forward to episode 6 of season 9!

Comment

spoilers for s8's reckoning part two

Originally posted by ChopinGal
        Reckoning 2 played in my part of the country today. Great stuff ... and two Sams for the price of one! Also terrific because Jacob is in a lot of the scenes with her.

Did anyone think that AT has actually changed the tone of her voice when playing RepliCarter? It seemed to me tonight that her voice sounded a bit higher in pitch versus the normal tone of Sam ... anyone catch that? I could believe that she would be that meticulous about portraying the other evil Sam by doing something like that ... or maybe it's all in my mind.

And seeing action Sam tonight made me think of another female military hero I haven't thought of in years ... Lt. Ripley in Aliens ... I thought Sigourney Weaver did such a terrific job and she and Sam would make a formidable team of their own.

Reckoning had GREAT Sam scenes! And yes, two Amanda's for the price of one.

One thing I did notice (I didn't pick up on the sound of her voice thingie) was that RC wasn't using contractions anymore (she did in Gemini). I said this on the S/J list, but all of a sudden RC stopped using contractions... I liked it better when she sounded like Sam. It made it much, much creepier to see this 'no conscience' side of Sam. The writers make ALL aliens speak without contractions... hmmm, wonder why?

Amanda as Ripley... I believe it!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Major Fischer
          Cure
          I'm not trying to guess the names of eps anymore... I can never remember them... except for ship eps and Sam eps.

Sally, who's .... what was I saying..... what?...............
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Just jumping in to give some hope to those who seem not to have much right now about how Carter will be treated upon ATs return - Mallozzi has stated a few times now in reply to various questions on the Ask Joe Mallozzi Thread that Mitchell will be in command of SG1 "at the begininning of season 9" because Carter is not around. Someone has to be in charge with Jack gone and Carter out of pocket for the first five.

He also said that he is sure they "will work something out" upon Carter's return. I read these comments to be that Carter will be in charge upon ATs return to the show. (I also read that in an interview when AT was asked about Browders character being a Lt. Colonel, same as Carter, AT was surprised - she did not know that. I suspect that if AT has anything to say about it she will not want Carter to "give up command" - that would again be out of character, IMO (and the easy cowardly way out for TPTB) nor do I think she would revert to civilian status (again it would be out of character, IMO). I also read that AT said in an interview that she hopes they do show more of Carter in charge in season 9 so it seems AT has the idea that Carter will be in charge in S9.)

They obvioulsy need to have someone in charge while Carter is out doing whatever it is they will have her doing for the first 5 eps (as long as it is something Stargate related that helps give her back some of that strong Carter aspect I believe, IMO, she lost due to the way they wrote the character since mid-season 7). I hope Mallozzi is not yanking chain here and that they finally wake up and see what they have in Carter in the way of a kick-a$$ soldier and LEADER and have her in charge upon her return and ACTUALLY SHOW her in charge and competent and dignified and respected as she was before the debacle began in mid-season 7 (just MO about the debacle). I hope they stay away from disasters like the end of affinity when she behaved so uncharacteristically on-site at a stakeout she was supposed to be in charge of - IMO they totally blew just about the only time they actually showed Carter in action in charge in Season 8. I hope TPTB have it all out of thier childish little systems now and they bring back the real Carter in S9.

I do not intend this to offend anyone, it is an observation, especially in light of the title of this thread and the many positive things said about Carter - but I was actually a little surprised to see several posts here that sort of seem to give up on having Carter in charge in S9 and seemed to be accepting (albeit reluctantly) that Mitchell would be in charge ALL season - where are the spunky, hard-driving Carter fans who should be rallying and shouting from the rooftops to TPTB that it would be a crime to take command away from Carter after her return?! Of all threads where I thought I would see a huge wave of adamant fans who fight for Carter to be in charge I thought it would be here. There was a thread awhile back entitled something like "Browders character should outrank Carter" and there were more posts saying Carter should be in charge than there were posts saying Browders character should be (mine were in there backing Carter, as well as an e-mail or two direclty to Mallozzi about it) - where is that fight now? There are comments backing Carter in many threads here at GW, and on other forums as well and I hope that TPTB have seen them and are taking heed as Mallozzi's comments suggest (at least to me). (Francks pretty much confirmed in his recent interview on GW that Stargate people do watch these boards and they do listen to the fans and hopefully they will see all of the posts on the many threads here, and elsewhere, saying Carter should be in charge especially after 8 years while Mitchell is a new guy and has not yet earned anything (including the fans respect) when it comes to SG1 and saving the world on a daily basis).
            Hi Bink

What a nice surprise to find you posting here after some of our really good back-and-forths months ago at the other Sam-oriented threads. I wasn't sure you were still around. Portraying Sam as the competent and three-dimensional character she is was always a theme you addressed well. And, once again, your wise words are good to hear, especially on this thread which has some of the most loyal and supportive fans of the character.

I'll admit that I've dragged a bit this past week around my supposedly dashed expectations for a heroic arc for Sam as she's being written out of first five episodes of S9. And the GW news release this week mentions nothing about the reason for her being off base. However, as someone has mentioned already, TPTB know that Sam and Jack being absent are on many fans' minds and nothing like keeping up the suspense to draw in an even bigger viewing audience for those first few shows. They won't be revealing a lot, I'm sure.

In the meantime, AT goes into production with her biggest role yet, motherhood, and adjusts to all that entails for the next couple months. Somehow, how Sam is going to be written for S9 has probably fallen to the bottom of her laundry list for now ...

... which leaves it up to her fans to keep up the pressure. AstroG has just raised a qood question: aside from this thread, how do we influence the shaping of the character in S9? Letters to Bridge Studios seem the only other alternative, unless we all don camouflage outfits and invade the studio to make our point! I can see MajorSam leading the charge already (she has combat boots)!

Hang around, Bink, and join us here in support of what the future will hold for Sam Carter, super scientist and soldier!

And thanks for the pep talk!!
            Last edited by ChopinGal; 05 March 2005, 02:53 PM.

Comment

I absolutely loved...Loved...LOVED Reckoning II.

I think they did a wonderful job at really showcasing all four members
              of the team even when they aren't in the same place. Why oh why
              couldn't the rest of season eight been like this?? This was our old
              team back!!

And our gal Sam was back in top form! Blowing replicator's to smithereens,
              uncovering the ancient device, helping Selmak/Jacob modify the frequency,
              modifying the Stargate to open up all over the galaxy with help from our
              buddy Baal.

I truly loved her interaction with Jacob and Baal. I never realized how
              much I liked Baal until this episode. He's always been one of my favorite
              Gou'alds but I've always loved to hate him, due mostly for his total
              abuse of Jack in the Abyss, but I was really surprised how much I've
              really liked Baal in the past two episodes.

There really were some great lines in this episode. It was good to see Sam's humor about herself come out.

Jacob: Come on Sam...it can't be harder than blowing up the sun.
              Sam: You know, you blow up one sun and suddenly everyone expects
              you can walk on water.
              Jacob: There you go.
              Sam: Next up, parting the Red Sea.

As well as some fun moments with Jacob.

Baal: I am a God. God's are all-knowing.
              Jacob: Selmak can't work like this. Neither can I.
              Sam: Just try it.

More than anything, I loved the final battle scene of this episode. I thought it was absolutely wonderful how they flashed to all four members of the team as the final moments were happening. You really got to see a team moment even though they weren't together.

If season nine could only be like this episode I would truly be a happy camper.
              Well as happy as I can be without Jack... (or Sam in the first five episodes).

ForeverSG1

Comment

Hi

As usual I'm way behind the discussions. I've taken a while to sum up my season 5 ep thoughts and now its probably too late for you all to be interested as we are now talking season 6 right?!

So apologies for this being late!!

Season 5 summary re Sam

Season 5 was another great season for Sam, in my opinion. I think her personality and confidence we saw starting to develop in season 4 continued in leaps and bounds.

Enemies. My fave Sam ep of the season. Mainly because of lots of competent Soldier Sam moments, which made a really nice change from lots of techno Sam and reminded the watcher of the depth of expertise she holds. There was also a little more humour in Sam on a number of instances - including the many times mentioned "Welcome to my life" A Sam classic!! I loved the exchange with O'Neill regarding the door control panel, showed a little sarkiness, which she quickly swallowed when O'Neill held steadfast! I liked seeing her amazement and almost glee when she realised the replicators had increased the speed of the ship by so much and then her worry about the replicators getting to our Galaxy.

Great acting by Amanda

Threshold. This episode demonstrated the depth of feeling she had for Teal'c and was backed up by superb acting. So facially expressive.

Ascension. This was Sam's episode, as we all know. I enjoyed every moment of it. There were so many Sam nuances in this ep - expressions, feelings, and mannerisms. Amanda played the script to the full. I liked her little peeve at Janet daring top tell her she was fatigued. Liked the fact she was prepared to stick hr neck out for Orin - because it was the right thing to do. Loved her being peeved that SG16 was taking over investigating the technology. Her peeved look in that scene is one of my favourites in the whole series. She persisted with it too!! Can't help mentioning the acting - but this was an ep of a thousand expressions. Kudos to Amanda. All the chaps have had a lot of stick for not backing her up in this ep, but O'Neill and Teal'c did redeem themselves to some extent by going round with Pizza - which I thought was so sweet!!

The Fifth Man. A bit of soldier Sam in this. Great her not wanting to leave O'Neill behind, then daring to disobey Hammond in the gate room and being forced at gunpoint to hand over weapons. Thought this was a great little scene for Sam who usually follows orders to the letter. It also didn't come across to me that it was because of her feelings for O'Neill. It felt to me like it was because he was a team member and they don't leave people behind. Which I think was due to the scripting and acting. Loved her "This is ridiculous we should never have left the damn planet" Great to see Sam really angry. Her persuading Janet to keep stumm. Juts LOVED the way she dealt with Col Simmons. Showed real guts acting like that to a Colonel. She has guts a plenty!!

Red Sky. Great to see her embarrassment and guilt about what she has done and her determination not to give up trying to put it right. Saw some cunning manipulation of Gen Hammond back at the base and some more cunning ego soothing of the chap that made the Macwhateverisotopeelement?! She had him eating out of her hand. She can actually be quite manipulative when it suits her Which is the only dark side to Sam I had seen!

Rite of Passage. A fave ep of mine. For me this was a great episode for the interaction between the 3 women - Sam, Janet and Cassie - and it was brilliant. Saw a little more of how Sam is outside the soldier, and it was superb. Some wonderful caring moments and again such wonderful acting by Amanda - and Teryl and Cassie actor too!! The scene at Janet's house was brilliant.

Beast of Burden. Just a bit of soldier Sam in this one.

The Tomb. It was nice to see her pairing off with another female soldier. Nice soldier Sam moments. Nice to see her caring for the female soldier after she was hurt. I think some comment has been on it is typical the scriptwriters make it Sam all the time that tends to the wounded - as if it were a negative thing. I think though it may seem stereotypical, it is still positive for me. We should be proud of the fact the women are natural carers - hey it’s a nice thing - so I like seeing it in Sam. Loved to see her hard side too as she very casually flipped the switch for the C4 to blow up the Goa'uld!

Between 2 Fires. There was some nice techno babble in here delivered to perfection. Great interaction with Narim. Some thought he was a little wet. I thought him quite sweet with great integrity. AT delivered a fantastic expression at the end of this ep!

2001. Another ep showing Sam in a very positive light. Loved her confident control of the briefing and gleefully slipping into techno babble without realising. Great interaction with Joe. She appeared rather made up he was paying her attention. This ep showed more gutsy soldier Sam, from her happily volunteering to go with Joe, to having to cut the rope and leave him behind. Also I noted that Sam looked super smart in her blue uniform at the briefing, thought she really looked feminine.

Desperate Measures. She showed great fortitude in trying to escape. She still managed to make light when she was rescued from the jaws of death
                O'Neill - "You alright?"
                Sam "Yeah, very dramatic, thank you!"

Proving Ground. Great interaction with O'Neill - in the canteen, loved her "Whoops!" at him getting shot with a great expression - and "If you don't mind your wounds getting all over my lab" great line. She would never have said that in season 1.

48 Hours. A nice brief bit of soldier Sam at the start. Loved General Hammond defending her against MacKay - shows how respect he has for her. I loved the interaction between Sam and MacKay. I loved the fact that for once there was someone her who actually had very little regard for her and I like the way Sam dealt with it. Thought it was a hoot someone getting to call her a dumb blonde - guess that doesn't happen to her much. A very brave man MacKay!! Her retort re the lemon was great!

Summit/Last Stand. I remember her bristling with annoyance at what hey had don to Martouf to preserve Lantesh. Great acting in that scene. Some great exchanges between Sam/Elliot and Lantesh. She protects him in the tunnels when there is a rock fall, - what a brave lass!! And of course her emotions at the end when Elliot/Lantesh volunteer death to save them all.

Failsafe. This is one of my fave season 5 eps, if not a fave Sam ep. Showed Sam taking charge of the details and briefing again. Loved O'Neill's comment "I've seen this film" Loved the way she and Jack "helped2 the engineer through the gate then Sam, with confidence and nonchalance (how does AT managed to act that) step through the gate. It made me remember the COTG ep when O'Neill pushed her through and thought this a clever little scene on how far she has come!! Sam was pretty much in charge of operations for the whole show. She never stops questioning and investigating and want to know why they didn't decelerate. A less determined individual wouldn't have done this. Loved the line "If it comes down to it we can detonate it (the bomb) here (the ship). Another great O'Neill line "Carter, I can see my house" This is one of the season 5 eps I watch most.

The Warrior. Not much Sam in this apart from the weapon demonstration. O'Neill was rather smug about the power of his weapons and the skill of his 2IC. Great scripting in response to "What the woman?" O'Neill getting the man in the skirt (another great O'Neill comment) to swing the trunk really wanting to show off the shooting skill of his female 2IC.

Menace. Some nice techno babble in this again. Janet came up with a nice subtle little line to Sam - "how's the new toy" - she so knows Sam!! Loved the exchange between her, Daniel and O'Neill in the doorway of the med lab. O'Neill kept saying, "It's a machine" Carter agrees! Loved to see Sam and Hammond soldiering together and thought they made a great team.

The Sentinel. Sam - nice seeing her in charge and not getting rattled at the barracking she got from the 2 NID soldiers. Liked the way she passed water to Grogan when they found him injured - she's so thoughtful!!

Meridian. A Fantastic AT acting ep. In terms of Sam showing her depth of feeling for Daniel, distraught when she used the healing device and her emotions at seeing him suffer and then losing him.

Revelations. Again an AT acting gem. Great scene at the start in Daniels lab and wonderful exchange with Hammond. Thought Don just about stole that scene from AT. When the Asgard arrived for help this is the first time I think we've seen Sam seemingly unwilling to help someone - so she was very much off base because of Daniel. Liked her challenging O'Neill about Daniel. Great discussion with Teal'c in the ship - and loved the line "And don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap. I get enough of that off Colonel O'Neill" Boy is she miffed with O'Neill. Also her "I'm beginning to wish I hadn't" (mentioned it) re being detected when exiting hyperspace. Loved the explanations regarding the Asgard reproduction process. Sam was playing it straight against O'Neill. This was a great scene I thought. Loved her telling Osiris to "Go to Hell" when I guess she was expecting to die.

Some great Sam moments and exceptional acting moments!!

Fave ep's? Enemies, Ascension, Rite of Passage

Comment

Oh Boy, Gotta go now and when I come back there are pages and pages to catch up on!!!! KNow what I'll be doing tonight!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coley
                    Hi

As usual I'm way behind the discussions. I've taken a while to sum up my season 5 ep thoughts and now its probably too late for you all to be interested as we are now talking season 6 right?!

So apologies for this being late!!

Season 5 summary re Sam

Season 5 was another great season for Sam, in my opinion. I think her personality and confidence we saw starting to develop in season 4 continued in leaps and bounds.

Enemies. My fave Sam ep of the season. Mainly because of lots of competent Soldier Sam moments, which made a really nice change from lots of techno Sam and reminded the watcher of the depth of expertise she holds. There was also a little more humour in Sam on a number of instances - including the many times mentioned "Welcome to my life" A Sam classic!! I loved the exchange with O'Neill regarding the door control panel, showed a little sarkiness, which she quickly swallowed when O'Neill held steadfast! I liked seeing her amazement and almost glee when she realised the replicators had increased the speed of the ship by so much and then her worry about the replicators getting to our Galaxy.

Great acting by Amanda

Threshold. This episode demonstrated the depth of feeling she had for Teal'c and was backed up by superb acting. So facially expressive.

Ascension. This was Sam's episode, as we all know. I enjoyed every moment of it. There were so many Sam nuances in this ep - expressions, feelings, and mannerisms. Amanda played the script to the full. I liked her little peeve at Janet daring top tell her she was fatigued. Liked the fact she was prepared to stick hr neck out for Orin - because it was the right thing to do. Loved her being peeved that SG16 was taking over investigating the technology. Her peeved look in that scene is one of my favourites in the whole series. She persisted with it too!! Can't help mentioning the acting - but this was an ep of a thousand expressions. Kudos to Amanda. All the chaps have had a lot of stick for not backing her up in this ep, but O'Neill and Teal'c did redeem themselves to some extent by going round with Pizza - which I thought was so sweet!!

The Fifth Man. A bit of soldier Sam in this. Great her not wanting to leave O'Neill behind, then daring to disobey Hammond in the gate room and being forced at gunpoint to hand over weapons. Thought this was a great little scene for Sam who usually follows orders to the letter. It also didn't come across to me that it was because of her feelings for O'Neill. It felt to me like it was because he was a team member and they don't leave people behind. Which I think was due to the scripting and acting. Loved her "This is ridiculous we should never have left the damn planet" Great to see Sam really angry. Her persuading Janet to keep stumm. Juts LOVED the way she dealt with Col Simmons. Showed real guts acting like that to a Colonel. She has guts a plenty!!

Red Sky. Great to see her embarrassment and guilt about what she has done and her determination not to give up trying to put it right. Saw some cunning manipulation of Gen Hammond back at the base and some more cunning ego soothing of the chap that made the Macwhateverisotopeelement?! She had him eating out of her hand. She can actually be quite manipulative when it suits her Which is the only dark side to Sam I had seen!

Rite of Passage. A fave ep of mine. For me this was a great episode for the interaction between the 3 women - Sam, Janet and Cassie - and it was brilliant. Saw a little more of how Sam is outside the soldier, and it was superb. Some wonderful caring moments and again such wonderful acting by Amanda - and Teryl and Cassie actor too!! The scene at Janet's house was brilliant.

Beast of Burden. Just a bit of soldier Sam in this one.

The Tomb. It was nice to see her pairing off with another female soldier. Nice soldier Sam moments. Nice to see her caring for the female soldier after she was hurt. I think some comment has been on it is typical the scriptwriters make it Sam all the time that tends to the wounded - as if it were a negative thing. I think though it may seem stereotypical, it is still positive for me. We should be proud of the fact the women are natural carers - hey it’s a nice thing - so I like seeing it in Sam. Loved to see her hard side too as she very casually flipped the switch for the C4 to blow up the Goa'uld!

Between 2 Fires. There was some nice techno babble in here delivered to perfection. Great interaction with Narim. Some thought he was a little wet. I thought him quite sweet with great integrity. AT delivered a fantastic expression at the end of this ep!

2001. Another ep showing Sam in a very positive light. Loved her confident control of the briefing and gleefully slipping into techno babble without realising. Great interaction with Joe. She appeared rather made up he was paying her attention. This ep showed more gutsy soldier Sam, from her happily volunteering to go with Joe, to having to cut the rope and leave him behind. Also I noted that Sam looked super smart in her blue uniform at the briefing, thought she really looked feminine.

Desperate Measures. She showed great fortitude in trying to escape. She still managed to make light when she was rescued from the jaws of death
                    O'Neill - "You alright?"
                    Sam "Yeah, very dramatic, thank you!"

Proving Ground. Great interaction with O'Neill - in the canteen, loved her "Whoops!" at him getting shot with a great expression - and "If you don't mind your wounds getting all over my lab" great line. She would never have said that in season 1.

48 Hours. A nice brief bit of soldier Sam at the start. Loved General Hammond defending her against MacKay - shows how respect he has for her. I loved the interaction between Sam and MacKay. I loved the fact that for once there was someone her who actually had very little regard for her and I like the way Sam dealt with it. Thought it was a hoot someone getting to call her a dumb blonde - guess that doesn't happen to her much. A very brave man MacKay!! Her retort re the lemon was great!

Summit/Last Stand. I remember her bristling with annoyance at what hey had don to Martouf to preserve Lantesh. Great acting in that scene. Some great exchanges between Sam/Elliot and Lantesh. She protects him in the tunnels when there is a rock fall, - what a brave lass!! And of course her emotions at the end when Elliot/Lantesh volunteer death to save them all.

Failsafe. This is one of my fave season 5 eps, if not a fave Sam ep. Showed Sam taking charge of the details and briefing again. Loved O'Neill's comment "I've seen this film" Loved the way she and Jack "helped2 the engineer through the gate then Sam, with confidence and nonchalance (how does AT managed to act that) step through the gate. It made me remember the COTG ep when O'Neill pushed her through and thought this a clever little scene on how far she has come!! Sam was pretty much in charge of operations for the whole show. She never stops questioning and investigating and want to know why they didn't decelerate. A less determined individual wouldn't have done this. Loved the line "If it comes down to it we can detonate it (the bomb) here (the ship). Another great O'Neill line "Carter, I can see my house" This is one of the season 5 eps I watch most.

The Warrior. Not much Sam in this apart from the weapon demonstration. O'Neill was rather smug about the power of his weapons and the skill of his 2IC. Great scripting in response to "What the woman?" O'Neill getting the man in the skirt (another great O'Neill comment) to swing the trunk really wanting to show off the shooting skill of his female 2IC.

Menace. Some nice techno babble in this again. Janet came up with a nice subtle little line to Sam - "how's the new toy" - she so knows Sam!! Loved the exchange between her, Daniel and O'Neill in the doorway of the med lab. O'Neill kept saying, "It's a machine" Carter agrees! Loved to see Sam and Hammond soldiering together and thought they made a great team.

The Sentinel. Sam - nice seeing her in charge and not getting rattled at the barracking she got from the 2 NID soldiers. Liked the way she passed water to Grogan when they found him injured - she's so thoughtful!!

Meridian. A Fantastic AT acting ep. In terms of Sam showing her depth of feeling for Daniel, distraught when she used the healing device and her emotions at seeing him suffer and then losing him.

Revelations. Again an AT acting gem. Great scene at the start in Daniels lab and wonderful exchange with Hammond. Thought Don just about stole that scene from AT. When the Asgard arrived for help this is the first time I think we've seen Sam seemingly unwilling to help someone - so she was very much off base because of Daniel. Liked her challenging O'Neill about Daniel. Great discussion with Teal'c in the ship - and loved the line "And don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap. I get enough of that off Colonel O'Neill" Boy is she miffed with O'Neill. Also her "I'm beginning to wish I hadn't" (mentioned it) re being detected when exiting hyperspace. Loved the explanations regarding the Asgard reproduction process. Sam was playing it straight against O'Neill. This was a great scene I thought. Loved her telling Osiris to "Go to Hell" when I guess she was expecting to die.

Fave ep's? Enemies, Ascension, Rite of Passage
                    It's never too late to make comments. It's always nice to hear everyone's
                    opinion of their favorite episodes. It really gives me a chance to seeing an
                    episode I may have not particularly liked in a different light so that I go back
                    and watch it again. Often more than not, I see little elements I missed the
                    first time that help to enhance my enjoyment so much more.

Keep 'em coming!!

Now I need to sit down long enough to start working on season six.

ForeverSG1

Comment

Originally posted by ChopinGal
                      Reckoning 2 played in my part of the country today.

Did anyone think that AT has actually changed the tone of her voice when playing RepliCarter? It seemed to me tonight that her voice sounded a bit higher in pitch versus the normal tone of Sam ... anyone catch that? I could believe that she would be that meticulous about portraying the other evil Sam by doing something like that ... or maybe it's all in my mind.
                      I can't say exactly what is different about her voice as RC, but it is definitely different. After watching Reckoning yesterday, I was thinking, "Sam/AT didn't have a lot to do in this episode." Then I'm like--wait--that's because she was *Replicarter too!* --which I think is a high compliment to AT, that they were so much 2 characters that I wasn't thinking "ok, now AT is doing Sam; now she's doing RC."

Comment

J

I suspect that if AT has anything to say about it she will not want Carter to "give up command" - that would again be out of character, IMO (and the easy cowardly way out for TPTB) nor do I think she would revert to civilian status (again it would be out of character, IMO). I also read that AT said in an interview that she hopes they do show more of Carter in charge in season 9 so it seems AT has the idea that Carter will be in charge in S9.)
                        I also think it would be out of character for Sam to leave the AF. Wasn't there that exchange with her other self in one of the AU episodes something like:
                        Dr. Carter: I can't imagine being in the military.
                        Sam: Wow, I can't imagine not.

Comment

I've been too lazy to write up my own comments, but you've done a great job, Coley. Let me just pick out a few:

The Fifth Man. A bit of soldier Sam in this. Great her not wanting to leave O'Neill behind, then daring to disobey Hammond in the gate room and being forced at gunpoint to hand over weapons. Thought this was a great little scene for Sam who usually follows orders to the letter. It also didn't come across to me that it was because of her feelings for O'Neill. It felt to me like it was because he was a team member and they don't leave people behind. Which I think was due to the scripting and acting. Loved her "This is ridiculous we should never have left the damn planet" Great to see Sam really angry.
                          Yes! It was about the team, not just Jack.

[QUOTE]

One of my favorite parts too.

yes, love that Sam is a great shot. I wonder if she has any marksmanship badges.

Liked her challenging O'Neill about Daniel. Great discussion with Teal'c in the ship - and loved the line "And don't give me any of that way of the warrior crap. I get enough of that off Colonel O'Neill" Boy is she miffed with O'Neill. Also her "I'm beginning to wish I hadn't" (mentioned it) re being detected when exiting hyperspace. Loved the explanations regarding the Asgard reproduction process. Sam was playing it straight against O'Neill. This was a great scene I thought. Loved her telling Osiris to "Go to Hell" when I guess she was expecting to die.

Yes. Great interaction with Teal'c. CJ does a great job in that scene discussing Daniel too.

Comment

Sam's status

well, my suggestion is several fold:

first, if there's an opportunity to express your desire to keep sam in charge elsewhere, take it. say how you're looking forward to sam returning to command when amanda returns

second, write letters. send them to bridge, send them to mgm. KEEP IT NICE!!!

don't yell, rant, go on for 10 pages. Just state your desire to see sam returning to command in a short, polite letter, preferrably no more than a page long

I would suggest, don't cream joe with e-mails or PM's. dude gets it all the time adn really, he's just one writer of several. Yes, he does have a bit of pull, but the folks that really call the shots are higher in the food chain than he is and while folks may listen to him, he doesn't have final say in much. respect the limitations of his position

I would also suggest, don't argue about it. there are folks out there that won't be happy unless and until Sam is written off the show(and honestly, i think they'd find something to complain about even then), and they won't ever feel otherwise, so don't waste your time trying to convince anyone. Don't waste your time arguing and making folks mad. all that really comes from that is the attitude of 'eh, she's just one of those nutso sam fans....<delete>'

respect thier opinions just like you'd like yours respected

My suggestions of who to send it to

Rob Cooper, Peter DeLuise, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
                            c/o Bridge Studios
                            2400 Boundary Road
                            Burnaby, BC, Canada
                            V5M3Z3

Hank Cohen
                            c/o MGM
                            2500 Broadway st
                            Santa Monica, CA 90404-3061
                            Attn: Stargate

I would not start websites or mailing lists or anything else. And i do think that we need to be prepared to accept the fact that Amanda my NOT want to do something. She may decide that she likes cutting back her time. She may like being a mommy and i definitely think that her career is now #2 in her life (or maybe 3 behind Alan)...if she makes a choice to leave after the end of s9, or if she decides that she's only going to work a few hours a day and become more like Jack was in the recent seasons, that we accept her choice.

Her life comes first and that is far more important than this show ever will be. If she chooses to limit her involvement...then we're going to cherish the sam moments that we get and leave it at that
                            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                              Sam's status

well, my suggestion is several fold:

first, if there's an opportunity to express your desire to keep sam in charge elsewhere, take it. say how you're looking forward to sam returning to command when amanda returns

second, write letters. send them to bridge, send them to mgm. KEEP IT NICE!!!

don't yell, rant, go on for 10 pages. Just state your desire to see sam returning to command in a short, polite letter, preferrably no more than a page long

I would suggest, don't cream joe with e-mails or PM's. dude gets it all the time adn really, he's just one writer of several. Yes, he does have a bit of pull, but the folks that really call the shots are higher in the food chain than he is and while folks may listen to him, he doesn't have final say in much. respect the limitations of his position

I would also suggest, don't argue about it. there are folks out there that won't be happy unless and until Sam is written off the show(and honestly, i think they'd find something to complain about even then), and they won't ever feel otherwise, so don't waste your time trying to convince anyone. Don't waste your time arguing and making folks mad. all that really comes from that is the attitude of 'eh, she's just one of those nutso sam fans....<delete>'

respect thier opinions just like you'd like yours respected

My suggestions of who to send it to

Rob Cooper, Peter DeLuise, Joe Mallozzi and Paul Mullie
                              c/o Bridge Studios
                              2400 Boundary Road
                              Burnaby, BC, Canada
                              V5M3Z3

Hank Cohen
                              c/o MGM
                              2500 Broadway st
                              Santa Monica, CA 90404-3061
                              Attn: Stargate

I would not start websites or mailing lists or anything else. And i do think that we need to be prepared to accept the fact that Amanda my NOT want to do something. She may decide that she likes cutting back her time. She may like being a mommy and i definitely think that her career is now #2 in her life (or maybe 3 behind Alan)...if she makes a choice to leave after the end of s9, or if she decides that she's only going to work a few hours a day and become more like Jack was in the recent seasons, that we accept her choice.

Her life comes first and that is far more important than this show ever will be. If she chooses to limit her involvement...then we're going to cherish the sam moments that we get and leave it at that

Very well said. Thanks.

Comment

Hi As usual I'm way behind the discussions. I've taken a while to sum up my season 5 ep thoughts and now its probably too late for you all to be interested as we are now talking season 6 right?! So apologies for this being late!! Coley's Season 5 summary re Sam Season 5 was another great season for Sam, in my opinion. I think her personality and confidence we saw starting to develop in season 4 continued in leaps and bounds. Some great Sam moments and exceptional acting moments!!
                                Coley - what fantastic comments - thoughtful and insightful - and fun! I inserted all of your comments into the Season 5 Summary list And thanks so much for taking the time to type up your comments and post them - I love reading them!

Comment

Working...
                                X