Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Discussion/Appreciation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChopinGal
    Holy Hannah, I just got back online after what seemed an eternity ... and ... and ...
    Who let the Gorilla out of thecage?!
    So far, the gorilla has been fairly well behaved... it must like blue jello!

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
      Spoilers for Moebius
      Spoiler:
      as long as it's not packing to leave her military career and SG-1 just to get out from under the regulations.

A few folks have posted speculation that Sam is going with the Daedalus (spelling?)... which is headed to Atlantis? (haven't seen any of the Atlantis episodes, so I apologize for my ignorance). Going to Atlantis sounds like a *really* cool storyline for Sam, but if she went to Atlantis, wouldn't they have to deal with AT's absence for the first 5 episodes on that show?

Spoiler:
      Hmmm I suppose they could smudge the timeline around abit. The Daedalus could always come back and get her too. I also read in another thread that there was an original plan to have Carter in Atlantis early season 2, but they had drop that due to AT's availabilty. But I'm not giving up on Carter in Atlantis yet! There's still hope that she can make a trip later in the season!

Originally posted by ChopinGal
      Holy Hannah, I just got back online after what seemed an eternity ... and ... and ...
      Who
      let
      the
      Gorilla
      out
      of
      the
      cage?!

Gorilla hey...
      /me goes to round it up with his Tranquilizers

Comment

Sam: If you watch right...there... there should be a solar flare...right about...now...

Comment

After seeing a clip of Moebius II, I just want it put on the record that
          AT was absolutely fabulous in these I & II... I know a lot of fans have
          been extremely irritated with Sam's character over the past year, but
          I truly believe AT has gone beyond the call of duty in her performances.

I loved her performances as Replicarter.

In Threads, her scenes with Jacob in the briefing room were wonderful.
          The looks on her face were exactly as I would expect to see from
          someone totally mortified after being embarrassed by their parent.
          Her scenes at Jack's house totally let me feeling utterly embarrassed
          for Sam. They may not have been how many of us would like to have
          seen Sam portrayed, but AT was magnificient.

And in Moebius I & II, AT is once again brilliant. God I love her as
          Alt Sam. I could sit and watch her scenes over and over. She's
          so wickedly funny.

I really hope we get a chance to see more of her humor with time.
          Maybe I'll write to AT and beg her to keep me apprised on any comedy
          performances she may be doing. I'd really hate to miss one.

I'll be crossing my fingers that she wins some sort of award this year
          for all her great work.

Hopefully she won't stick her head into any forums other than this one
          that is. I'd hate for her to have to hear any of the negative comments.

ForeverSG1

Comment

well, we'll just keep this a nice samanda friendly place and the others...eh they can bugger off

the only behavior we're responsible for is our own
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
              After seeing a clip of Moebius II, I just want it put on the record that
              AT was absolutely fabulous in these I & II... I know a lot of fans have
              been extremely irritated with Sam's character over the past year, but
              I truly believe AT has gone beyond the call of duty in her performances.
              And in Moebius I & II, AT is once again brilliant. God I love her as
              Alt Sam. I could sit and watch her scenes over and over. She's
              so wickedly funny.

Maybe I'll write to AT and beg her to keep me apprised on any comedy
              performances she may be doing. I'd really hate to miss one.

for all her great work.
              Yes, I'd agree that AT is fantastic in Moebius I and II. IMO, it's her best performance ever in the show. She really got to use some different acting "muscles" on these 2 episodes, and she just shines!

With all the wonderful performances she's given this year in episodes like Gemini, Threads, and Moebius I and II, she really does deserve to be recognized with an award.

NC

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver
                well, we'll just keep this a nice samanda friendly place and the others...eh they can bugger off

the only behavior we're responsible for is our own
                LOL!!!! That is SO true and i'm loving this thread so much that at times i think i live here!

I really hope Amanda has visited this thread to
                see just how much she is loved
                ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by tara3583
                  I really hope Amanda has visited this thread to
                  see just how much she is loved
                  Still trying to get through and TELL her about this thread!!! Trust me, it's not an easy task... Ah well, she WILL know within the next few months, she will!

I have to add my thoughts that she has been so amazingly brilliant this year it just blows me mind!

We get Evil!Sam, Geek!Sam, Emotional!Sam... so much fabulous new Sam, acted by fabulous Amanda. These last 5 episodes I think are her best performances ever. She's said Gemini was the hardest episode she's ever had to do. Well she sure did good!!! I would be SOOO happy if she were to win an award, she deserves it SO much.

With Moeby one and two I was almost DYING at points!!! It was SO funny to see her let out some of her "inner geek" Everything from the way she talked, her facial expressions, her little quirks and habits (The hands and sleeves things) She had every single little bit down. I've seen some people say she kept "slipping in and out of character" and that it was distracting... no way! I thought Geek!Sam had some good development throughout. I mean, she kind of HAS to, with the whole
                  Spoiler:
                  Suddenly being told about a wormhole, flying a space ship through it to get an alien from another planet to go back in time and stop a rebellion to fix the timeline....
                  We went through a great journey with her!!!

Like I said, almost DYING at some points. My friends who'v seen it as well! And it doesn't get any less funny as time goes on. It's some classic Amanda that I will never get tired of

KUDOS TO AMANDA
                  The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                  |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by Agent_Dark
                    Gorilla hey.../me goes to round it up with his Tranquilizers
                    Agent Dark - you are an excellent shot!

Comment

I'd love to see Sam in Atlantis -- especially if they continue to concentrate SG-1 on Earth or make BB's new character the be-all and end-all of SG-1! double

Also because TPTB in interviews have seemed more excited about Atlantis and give it more SFX and exploration themes. Sam is at her best in exploration, brings out the fascinated scientist in her!

And yes, working with McKay would be a hoot!

But it wouldn't work for the 1st 5 eps (more's the pity) for the same reasons as her not being on SG-1 - namely they'd still have to explain where she was! Unless they don't run the shows in a chronological time line, but I think they are planning to have more crossovers in S9, which would mean, I assume, they'd have to be on the same time.

I would miss terribly, however, her interactions with Daniel and Teal'c, so if TPTB can write some good stuff with them together (still waiting for my S/T in jeopardy story. . .), then by all means keep Sam with her team. If not, let her go to Atlantis and explore.

Haven't seen the last 5 eps either, but if they insist on keeping S/J together, they need to do a drastic fix to make it an even playing field between Sam and Jack IMO.

hrh

Comment

I really hope we get a chance to see more of her [AT's] humor with time. Maybe I'll write to AT and beg her to keep me apprised on any comedyperformances she may be doing. I'd really hate to miss one. I'll be crossing my fingers that she wins some sort of award this year for all her great work.

Hopefully she won't stick her head into any forums other than this one
                        that is. I'd hate for her to have to hear any of the negative comments.
                        Originally posted by Skydiver
                        well, we'll just keep this a nice samanda friendly place
                        Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                        Yes, I'd agree that AT is fantastic in Moebius I and II. IMO, it's her best performance ever in the show. She really got to use some different acting "muscles" on these 2 episodes, and she just shines! With all the wonderful performances she's given this year in episodes like Gemini, Threads, and Moebius I and II, she really does deserve to be recognized with an award.
                        Originally posted by MajorSam
                        I have to add my thoughts that she has been so amazingly brilliant this year it just blows me mind!

We get Evil!Sam, Geek!Sam, Emotional!Sam... so much fabulous new Sam, acted by fabulous Amanda.

KUDOS TO AMANDA
                        Kudos to Amanda - Seconded, thirded, and the motion carries!
                        And it would be fantastic if she won an award (or two... or three... maybe one for Evil!Sam...and one for Geek!Sam... etc. )

Comment

Originally posted by astrogeologist
                          Agent Dark - you are an excellent shot!

Lol, that reminds me of this dream I had last nite... I was at my army training, with all the big head honcho's watching me as I led a team through this whole obstacle course, (in my basement.. but we won't go there) and we were all pro Special Ops style, going around with P-90's, and we finally found I believe it was 2 PTB, all tied up prisoner, because they're bad guys, and the P-90s's were loaded with just little pellets but I was all excited and was like "Can I shoot, can I shoot" So I did...

Hm, methinks I have some ship issues on my mind... And some Sam-absence issues... I REAALLY want to know what's going to happen, but I'm not "unspeakabling" Season 9... so unless Canada gets up to speed, I won't be able to know for a LOOONG time...
                          The Von MajorSam Family Singers debut CD... Coming soon

^^Sam/Jack^^
                          |||Official Member of the Chevron Guy Fan Club||

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                            I'd love to see Sam in Atlantis -- especially if they continue to concentrate SG-1 on Earth or make BB's new character the be-all and end-all of SG-1! double
                            Maybe they will get a chance to write Carter into an episode of Atlantis once she gets back - it would be cool!

Also because TPTB in interviews have seemed more excited about Atlantis and give it more SFX and exploration themes. Sam is at her best in exploration, brings out the fascinated scientist in her!
                            And yes, working with McKay would be a hoot!
                            Love to see Sam exploring... and would like to see more Sam-McKay banter.

I would miss terribly, however, her interactions with Daniel and Teal'c, so if TPTB can write some good stuff with them together (still waiting for my S/T in jeopardy story. . .), then by all means keep Sam with her team. If not, let her go to Atlantis and explore.
                            Let her go and explore! Yes!

Haven't seen the last 5 eps either, but if they insist on keeping S/J together, they need to do a drastic fix to make it an even playing field between Sam and Jack IMO.
                            And I couldn't agree with you more here, hrh! Thanks for putting it into words!

Great post hrh!

Comment

Originally posted by MajorSam
                              Lol, that reminds me of this dream I had last nite... I was at my army training, with all the big head honcho's watching me as I led a team through this whole obstacle course, (in my basement.. but we won't go there) and we were all pro Special Ops style, going around with P-90's, and we finally found I believe it was 2 PTB, all tied up prisoner, because they're bad guys, and the P-90s's were loaded with just little pellets but I was all excited and was like "Can I shoot, can I shoot" So I did...

Hm, methinks I have some ship issues on my mind... And some Sam-absence issues... I REAALLY want to know what's going to happen, but I'm not "unspeakabling" Season 9... so unless Canada gets up to speed, I won't be able to know for a LOOONG time...
                              LOL at the imge of a special ops obstacle course - in your basement! (I once had a dream with a navy blue labrador retriever in it...errr, I digress..). 'Unspeakabling'?

Comment

...I truly believe AT has gone beyond the call of duty in her performances (in S8) ...

... And in Moebius I & II, AT is once again brilliant. God I love her as
                                Alt Sam. I could sit and watch her scenes over and over. She's so wickedly funny.

for all her great work.

Hopefully she won't stick her head into any forums other than this one that is. I'd hate for her to have to hear any of the negative comments.

ForeverSG1
                                Hi FSG1, I think you've expressed what a lot of us are feeling.

AT has taken Sam to new heights this season, and, fortunately, she has been nominated for at least two prestigious Canadian awards: the Leo and the Saturn. She has already won the Leo for her dramatic work in Ascension and Grace. Wouldn't it be great to see her recognized for her S8 outstanding body of work?

I have yet to see the final episodes you are all raving about ... but can't wait! We know that AT has a wicked sense of humor and, finally, she got to let it out of the box! I'm LOL because a fitting metaphor just popped into my mind: TPTB weren't necessarily writing Carter as funny and probably told the actor she'd have to leave the zany part of her personality "in the room". Was she comfortable with that?! Of course, she's a professional and delivers what's given to her. But, I bet when Amanda saw the final scripts for Moebius, she let out a whoop and then got busy incorporating her own comic nature into AU Sam!

Did anyone happen to catch what she does on one of the recent DVDs that follows her around as director of Resurrection? It was so funny and revealing. Amanda has mentioned her role models in comedy as Lucille Ball and Carol Burnett, and taking pratfalls (doing physical comedy) looks like something she loves to do when given a chance. On this DVD, she had just gotten done directing the final scene in Resurrection (I believe it was a wrap), and the camera stays rolling as she runs across the room and turns and does a Molly Shannon/Saturday Night Live comic pose. Seeing that tells you all you need to know about AT and comedy! It's a treat to see that madcap side of her.

As to reading our Samandan thread, wouldn't that be lovely? However, I almost think she will be blushing and tremendously embarrassed by all the accolades and praise we're heaping upon her. She seems modestly unaware of the effect that her beauty and talent have upon the fans. And that makes us love her even more!
                                Last edited by ChopinGal; 24 February 2005, 09:59 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X