Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which ship would you rather have? Pegasus or Galactica?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which ship would you rather have? Pegasus or Galactica?

I have been watching the episodes in Season 3 of BSG.

I realize that the show is called Battlestar Galactica, therefore theres no way that Galactica would ever be destroyed.

If the show was called something else, which ship would you have wanted to keep? Galactica or Pegasus? Same fate in evacuating people off New Caprica. One ship is a goner.
    Subspace Energy Technology Thread
    http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...68#post8685268

the Galactica doesn't seem to have main batteries (those forward guns that can take out a basestar in a few shots), if so the Pegasus is much more powerful - I'd take The Beast

Comment

From a story point of View I'd choose the galactica, Why?

Because the Galactica is always out gunned, it would make the story a lot more compelling as it would create a lot more difficult situations.

The Pegasus could easily take on one or two Basestars, sure it's interesting once in a while but always winning sucks, at least with the galactica when it does win (on the very off chance that it does) it's awesome! Not so with Pegasus.

Comment

From a military perspective, I'm not sure. Galactica survived in part because it's un-networked computers couldn't be used in hacking attacks by the Cylons. On the other hand, Pegasus has the larger guns, newer single ships, and factory-in-space capability (building it's own ships)
        Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering-Yoda
        The more bizzare a thing, the less mysterious it proves to be-Sherlock Holmes
        I reject your reality and substitute my own-Adam Savage
        A person is smart. People are stupid, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it-Agent Kay
        That is the exploration that awaits you�not mapping stars and studying nebulae, but charting the unknown possibilities of existence-Q
        Church: I learned a very valuable lesson in my travels, Tucker. No matter how bad things might seem...
        Caboose: They could be worse?
        Church: Nope, no matter how bad they seem, they can't be any better, and they can't be any worse, because that's the way things f***ing are, and you better get used to it Nancy. Quit-yer-b****ing.

If you smoke, you choke. If you choke, you're dead. 'Nuff said.

Comment

i would take the ship that looked like the cross between galactica and pegasus, what was it called again? The Valkryie,
          But the thread has the choice of "THE Beast" and "THE BUCKET" i will choice the BEAST

Comment

Six of one, half a dozen of the other...

Umm...literally. Can I get six of one, and half a dozen of the other? I need a fleet to take over the world. And I need it by next Thursday...*shifts eyes back and forth*
            "I disagree with what you say and I will deny, to your death, your right to say it." -Bucky Katt

sigpic

Comment

I'd take the Galactica with Pegasus interiors. Haha. But still keep the Galactica CIC because it's more impressive than a small little bunker with just 6 or 7 people like Pegasus's.

Comment

lol the galactica all the way. ooo dont forget u have to stand in the admiral's quarter's becuz caintook out all the seats

Comment

I has teh bucket.
                  I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                  Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Personally, I'd have to stick with the Galactica. There's just something special about that ship.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Not many gamers here I see.

You should take the Pegasus. Even if is for one reason. It has a viper factory.

Comment

Id take Pegasus! Its bigger, newer, has a factory, more vipers, more and bigger batteries and a nicer interior! lol
                        sigpic
                        By *E*K*R*

Comment

I guess... it depends on the circumstances. If I needed a war ship for battle and protecting the human race, it'd be Pegasus, hands-down.

If, however, I wanted a relic for a museum... Galactica it is!

I agree - it's all about the Viper manufacturing. It'd be nice not to have to worry as much about losing birds. Provided, of course, the jocks are recovered...
                          Words to live by: "When in doubt, shoot at the guy yelling 'Kree!'."

Let's try this again: Spoiler-free 'til Season 4.5.

EJO on the blooper reel: "I hope you like it... or I'll SQUASH YOUR NUTS."

Spoiler:
                          sigpic

Comment

Pegasus of course, it is newer (less maintenance), crew efficient, and not to forget the most important, has a LOT more firepower.

Comment

Assuming that the Pegasus doesn't come with the cylon back-door navigation program, I'd take her over Galactica tactically/strategically.

However, from a story standpoint, having Galactica makes for a more interesting story. Galactica cannot take on even a single basestar reliably, and doesn't appear to be able to take nuke hits like Pegasus. The whole premise is of the colonials running from an overwhelmingly superior force, at any moment, they could be trapped and destroyed. Pegasus takes away from that tension.

But, I'd love to see a short series of the Pegasus's adventures during/after the cylon attack on the colonies. With no fleet to defend, with no need to preserve humanity, Pegasus makes for an interesting storyline. It's strong enough to take on one or two basestars alone, has many many more vipers and the ability to manage them (two pods, four landing bays), and thus can go on the offensive, in a guerilla fashion. However, without a Tilyum refinery ship, and a mining ship to mine that Tilyum, she's on a clock, having to do as much damage before her fuel tanks run dry. Galactica, through sheer luck, ended up with several crucial support ships that allow the fleet to continue for literally years at a time. Thus, the tension on Pegasus would be different, since they have a clock running down (fuel, etc), yet are powerful enough to take down a bunch of cylons with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X