This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manufacturing by Ancients

Where are the facilities that the Ancients needed to make, ZPM's Puddle Jumpers, weapons, Gates, gate controls, hyperdrives control consloes, etc.....

With all the stuff floating around from the ancients, surely there is some kind of factory/production equipment somewhere!!!???

Originally posted by surplus View Post
    Where are the facilities that the Ancients needed to make, ZPM's Puddle Jumpers, weapons, Gates, gate controls, hyperdrives control consloes, etc.....

With all the stuff floating around from the ancients, surely there is some kind of factory/production equipment somewhere!!!???
    I get what you mean.. its their capital city but has no factories or manufacturing plants. And they're supposed to be extremely advanced. It must be a mistake by show or we will find the factories and stuff in season 4.

Comment

this has come up MANYYYYY times and who really cares we all know it would get blown to bits in the next ep.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

your right since s01e01 till now what have they really gained atleast thanks to what happend in unending our manufacturing capability will go up.

Comment

We know that Merlin had a matter synthisiser (sp) because he used it to create the sangreal again. Or rather Jackson used it to create the Sangreal. Also we know that the Asgard had matter synthisisers so if they did it's very likely the Lantians had something similar.

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

These are the Ancients we are talking about. Everything they did was....BIG.

Comment

Every advanced race probably uses matter replication. We know for a fact the Asgard did, Merlin did so by extension so did the Ancients so it's always possible the reason there is no great big shipyards and things like that is because all Ancient technology is materialized and just built in a normal lab or outside on a pier.

They probably already have the ability to make ZPM's but can't figure out what the proper names for ZPM's are so can't find out what the hell they need to do in order to built one.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                These are the Ancients we are talking about. Everything they did was....BIG.
                You act like thats good thing..if they didn't do everything BIG they would use some massive generators other than ZPMs and finding them wouldnt be problem.

Comment

In order to replicate something, you need to build an original prototype before you can copy it.

I doubt you could replicate a starship, puddle jumper, city or anything relatively large. They have to be constructed somehow.....

Comment

yeh but that would be something like IKEA.

use the syntezisers to make all the components and put it to gather with ships the larger things you can beam in to place put what gum in between so it sticks to gather.

everything they have designed and build is something you store so it's in the database so find it upload it in to the replicator and replicate it.

Comment

my mum often brings this up, there must be a way to charge/make new ZPMs since afterall, its the cities main power source they must have a way to make new ones. but this will be too much of an advantge, so itl either be destroyed (mckay overloads it somehow?) or they wont be able to use it.

its a bit like eveytime they get a new zpm - the first one they got was depleted after the wraith attack (wasnt it?), then the 3 that were on the Asuran city ship all had to be destroyed, then the zpm that the asurans left in atlantis was soon depleted by the sun firning out something, snd im sure that one was depleted sending the alternate mckay back

Comment

Originally posted by therealdb View Post
                        my mum often brings this up, there must be a way to charge/make new ZPMs since afterall, its the cities main power source they must have a way to make new ones. but this will be too much of an advantge, so itl either be destroyed (mckay overloads it somehow?) or they wont be able to use it.

its a bit like eveytime they get a new zpm - the first one they got was depleted after the wraith attack (wasnt it?), then the 3 that were on the Asuran city ship all had to be destroyed, then the zpm that the asurans left in atlantis was soon depleted by the sun firning out something, snd im sure that one was depleted sending the alternate mckay back
                        Its alway sbeen implied they are like rechargable batteries. I cannot see any reason why they'de need a new one each time. Maybe they just need to be reprogrammed I could just imagine one hanging from the end of a ship in hyperspace gathering energy

Comment

Originally posted by Gala View Post
                          Its always been implied they are like rechargable batteries. I cannot see any reason why they'de need a new one each time. Maybe they just need to be reprogrammed I could just imagine one hanging from the end of a ship in hyperspace gathering energy
                          when did they imply they were rechargable? i thought once they reached maximum entropy, they became big paperweights.
                          That's the plan?!? That's the plan. That plan sucks!

Comment

zpms are not rechareable if that was the case then they will be no need to turn to naq generators

the ancients lived in 2 galaxies maybe more
                            Spoiler:
                            since the 3rd series deals with the 9th chevron

when they ascended the tech would of been found out from the goauld and various races and in the pegasus most of them would of been destroyed by the wraith to stop the ancients from rebiulding ships etc
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wise one View Post
                              zpms are not rechareable if that was the case then they will be no need to turn to naq generators

the ancients lived in 2 galaxies maybe more
                              Spoiler:
                              since the 3rd series deals with the 9th chevron

when they ascended the tech would of been found out from the goauld and various races and in the pegasus most of them would of been destroyed by the wraith to stop the ancients from rebiulding ships etc
                              3 Galaxies minimum, 4 if you want to include the Asgard galaxy. However you do have a good point. I couldn't see the Wraith willing to leave any technology around that could eventually be used again them.

With the Goa'uld, it's possible that most of the technology was hidden, destroyed or just buried over the millions of years since they left, leaving on scraps for the Goa'uld to salvage.

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X