This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis more than a standard Cityship?

Whats being questioning me is Altantis has to be more vauable then it seems apart from the fact it the only way to earth, but the fact that the last of High council was there- not because they had no place to go,
    it hadnt been destroyed by the wraith, it was simply left there- i mean surely if the wraith could not have assumed that the anicents were all dead and left because of that reason or did they??,
    also the fact that atlantis has been written in our mythodology, that it was a great city but what about the other city ships, is atlantis more advance or is more updated than the rest of the cityships, they too were great but why was atlantis the only one written down??
    i mean they could have taken the other cityships and jumped into hyperspace into another galaxy were there are no wraith
    Also how did the asurans get there hands on a prefectly, undamaged ship when the other cityships we have encountered were all rundown, destroyed or buried beneath the surface non-retreive able... (BTW: just say the atlantis crew got there hands on a ZMP factory or something along those lines, would they revive the cityship in the tower???)

I've always thought that there was something special about Atlantis too! I know it was the ancients capital but Ive always thought there was something else.

I think the Asurans built their's.

They could, but the city ship from 'the tower' was to badly damaged to ever fly again so they couldnt move it off the planet. They could however repair it just enough to live in it!
    sigpic
    By *E*K*R*

Comment

Refer to my posts in sister ships to atlantis thread for my reponses to this question.
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

well Atlantis was left for us. The ancients had numerous experiments and research there. It contained a lot of information the Ancients themselves were learning right before they died. the city ship itself isn't as important, as the labs, recorded history, and data banks inside it. Thats why its more valuable than say an Asuran city ship, or the twin city they found in Tower.

Comment

plus the reason we have atlantis written down in our history is because all the people that gated back when the wraith attack told people of that story im sure that the other citys wernt attacked in this way so no story to tell about.

thanks to www.savecarsonbeckett.com and leelakin for the pretty sig.

Comment

I always thought that atlantis contained something special not like the extra labs and stuff... but like weapons that are capable of inflicting damage to the universe or something like that, which was why the anicents left it underwater and abandon in which it lead earth to find the city

but these are my views

Comment

Originally posted by sparkygate View Post
              I always thought that atlantis contained something special not like the extra labs and stuff... but like weapons that are capable of inflicting damage to the universe or something like that, which was why the anicents left it underwater and abandon in which it lead earth to find the city

but these are my views

I have to agree with you on this one. I mean, it would be pointless to talk about the great "CITY OF ATLANTIS" if you have a 100% Asuran replica . I hope they find some gizmos left from Janus and turn the whole city into a time machine, go back in time to see the superbowl .

P.S. Why do they even call it a city? I mean it is so small on TV .

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                I have to agree with you on this one. I mean, it would be pointless to talk about the great "CITY OF ATLANTIS" if you have a 100% Asuran replica . I hope they find some gizmos left from Janus and turn the whole city into a time machine, go back in time to see the superbowl .

Go home...
                Originally posted by G.B Shaw
                Silence is the most perfect expression of scorn.
                Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
                Criminals do not die by the hands of the law. They die by the hands of other men.
                You'll never have a quiet world till you knock the patriotism out of the human race.
                Americans adore me and will go on adoring me until I say something nice about them.
                One man that has a mind and knows it can always beat ten men who haven't and don't.
                You see things; and you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say, "Why not?"
                The liar's punishment is not in the least that he is not believed but that he cannot believe anyone else.
                www.7-scales.co.uk
                http://twitter.com/7Scales

Comment

Originally posted by ARMS View Post
                  Go home...
                  I see you have some attitude issues. How do you feel about that?

Comment

Originally posted by Integrabyte View Post
                    Well, its a atleast 2 kilometers in diameter, and its filled with buildings, some as big as sky scrapers. I'd say thats a city. A small one, but it flies

Comment

I've looked at a 720p screencaps from "The Return, Part II" and I've been wondering how tall is the central tower on Atlantis. With all the windows seen close up and in good detail, I wonder how tall the buildings really are.

Comment

Atlantis is valuable for a simple reason: It is an Ancient City ship.

It is more valuable than OTHER Ancient City Ships for one simple reason: Its the only one we know about that isn't destroyed or Decrepit.

We've never found another City Ship that hadn't already essentially been destroyed, so until we do, Atlantis will remain the most important.

There is no evidence to suggest that it is any more or less advanced than any other city ships.
                        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

Originally posted by ussrelativity View Post
                          I've looked at a 720p screencaps from "The Return, Part II" and I've been wondering how tall is the central tower on Atlantis. With all the windows seen close up and in good detail, I wonder how tall the buildings really are.
                          I too would love to have an answer for the sizeing..

Comment

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                            Atlantis is valuable for a simple reason: It is an Ancient City ship.

It is more valuable than OTHER Ancient City Ships for one simple reason: Its the only one we know about that isn't destroyed or Decrepit.

We've never found another City Ship that hadn't already essentially been destroyed, so until we do, Atlantis will remain the most important.

There is no evidence to suggest that it is any more or less advanced than any other city ships.
                            then why was atlantis itself written down in history saying it was Great and all, i mean they could have written down about the asurans cityship or the towers cityship but why atlantis, also i think we will find more cityship either floating around in space or half destroyed with a nearly depleted ZPM, would be cool if we end finding the place where the anicents built ther ships, cityships and etc... but in a run down and destroyed fashion it will be good none the less!!

Comment

atlantis is important because it was the last home of the ancients and they spread its history during early human history. thats why its so important.

Comment

Working...
                              X