PDA

View Full Version : Ep idea for season 4

All hail the USAF
April 1st, 2007, 02:25 PM
I really liked the concept behind the SG1 ep. "The Other Guys" and thought an ep. based around the other members of the expedition would be interesting to see.

So heres my idea...

It all takes place on the SGA Alpha Site, a something happens to the gate on a routine check in with Atlantis and the gate shuts down and the Alpha Site can't dial Atlantis. The chain of command begins to break down as a rumor of Atlantis being distorted starts to spread and the base is put under lock down. One man, a veteran of the SGC starts having vivid flash backs of being held captive by the Goa'uld and starts fighting his way through the base looking for escape.

so yeah...not a great story I know but I think it has alot of good elements like being able to see off world bases in Pegasus , face time of other members of the expedition , it would be a nice Gate tech based ep, and for those of us wanting to feel some nostalgia a good old dose of Goa'uld hospitality

marty2006
April 1st, 2007, 07:48 PM
I really liked the concept behind the SG1 ep. "The Other Guys" and thought an ep. based around the other members of the expedition would be interesting to see.

So heres my idea...

It all takes place on the SGA Alpha Site, a something happens to the gate on a routine check in with Atlantis and the gate shuts down and the Alpha Site can't dial Atlantis. The chain of command begins to break down as a rumor of Atlantis being distorted starts to spread and the base is put under lock down. One man, a veteran of the SGC starts having vivid flash backs of being held captive by the Goa'uld and starts fighting his way through the base looking for escape.

so yeah...not a great story I know but I think it has alot of good elements like being able to see off world bases in Pegasus , face time of other members of the expedition , it would be a nice Gate tech based ep, and for those of us wanting to feel some nostalgia a good old dose of Goa'uld hospitality

Im not too sure i like the idea of mimicking sg1 episodes however i agree somemore offworld stuff would be great more wraith also and less asruans lol

All hail the USAF
April 1st, 2007, 07:57 PM
Im not too sure i like the idea of mimicking sg1 episodes however i agree somemore offworld stuff would be great more wraith also and less asruans lol

I'm sorry I mis "spoke"...I didn't mean mimic the events of The Other Guys or even the spirit that the ep. had. I mean I'd like to see something thats focuses on the other teams....it would be a very very dark episode.

Maltrancko
April 1st, 2007, 08:58 PM
I would love to see and Episode where Lorne's team go through to a planet of Wraith Worshippers, where they attempt to investigate the heirachy of Wraith society and look for the weakness found by Aurora, they find that the biological nature of Wraith tech makes it vunerable to certain bacteria and the attempt to get the infor back leads them captive to a Wraith Worshipping High Priest (Wraith or Human) who demand to know there origins, finding that Atlantis still exists they try to gate there, but can't get a lock (Asuran Satellite) so to take a ship results in a 3 way war between The Wraith, The Asurans, The Humans.

It's a nice setup, allows John and Rod to do the whole gotta save Lorne thing, gives the wraith some screen time with the basis of their society, ties the two enemies together (much like season 8 sg1 Replicators v Goa'uld) and sets up for a two parter for mid season.

What do we think?

Promethius30
April 2nd, 2007, 01:34 AM
It would be a good ep only to see recuring charictors like lorne and zelenka and chuck some other charictors who has been in a few ep aswell but none of the main cast at all

Kanten
April 2nd, 2007, 06:25 AM
This one's gonna drive people up the wall: What about Felger going to Atlantis?

*Braces for impact*

Buba uognarf
April 2nd, 2007, 06:40 AM

*Braces for impact*

what he follows carter? It wouldn't work him coming to atlantis, Mckay would eat him alive

Kanten
April 2nd, 2007, 03:00 PM
what he follows carter? It wouldn't work him coming to atlantis, Mckay would eat him alive

That'd be part of the fun though. Plenty of gadgets for him to break (:S), and a nonexistant triangle between him, Rodney, and Sam. It couldn't be nearly as bad as The Tower.

Commander Ivanova
April 3rd, 2007, 03:02 AM

*Braces for impact*

Yeah, why not? I'd have liked to see more of him.

wraithlord
April 3rd, 2007, 09:38 AM

*Braces for impact*

me too i would like to see him again hopefully we will:)

ShadowMaat
April 3rd, 2007, 10:16 AM
So we get to have an SG-1 themed ep based off an SG-1 ep? For Atlantis?

SG-1 is over. The Goa'uld are over. The "having flashbacks about the Goa'uld" thing has already been done, but to be honest, even changing it to flashbacks about the Wraith would still make it feel too familiar, in my opinion.

All hail the USAF
April 4th, 2007, 10:08 PM
So we get to have an SG-1 themed ep based off an SG-1 ep? For Atlantis?

SG-1 is over. The Goa'uld are over. The "having flashbacks about the Goa'uld" thing has already been done, but to be honest, even changing it to flashbacks about the Wraith would still make it feel too familiar, in my opinion.

so....just because SG-1 is over we pertend like the milky way and wa witht he Goa'uld never happend? come on lot of the people in Atlantis have records witht the SGC and have seen combat and it's not like all that just goes away now that there in another galaxy

ShadowMaat
April 5th, 2007, 06:11 AM
I don't care, quite frankly. And I've seen the excuse of "they take place in the same universe" and "they share the same history" as excuses for- in my opinion- diluting Atlantis and destroying its integrity by weighing it down with stories and characters from SG-1. We've already had far too many crossovers for my taste and now we're getting a massive 14-ep "crossover" character in season 4 as well as appearances from one or two others. I'm sick and tired of watching SG-1 when I tune in to see Atlantis.

Ravroz
April 5th, 2007, 08:36 AM
Heck I personally like the crossover episodes. They show an amount of conherence between the two universes and brings them together. I loved the pegasus project.

ShadowMaat
April 5th, 2007, 10:37 AM
Then I'm sure you'll love season four since over half the episodes will be crossovers. More power to ya. ;) Me? I prefer to original and unique show we were promised and I don't feel that we can have those when so much time is spent reminding us about SG-1.

PG15
April 5th, 2007, 01:14 PM
I don't treat Carter coming over as a real crossover. To me, a crossover is when specific plot points from the other series is involved, or it's one of those one-time deals (i.e. Pegasus Project).

Carter is joining the cast as a full-fledged main character; she is not (maybe) going to bring over her SG1 baggage and recite SG1 facts every time she opens her mouth. Sure, she has her development from SG1, but now it's her chance to develop in the SGA setting. Carter is not "diluting" SGA, SGA is taking her in and using her to build up its stories, along with the other characters.

That's how I see things.

Maltrancko
April 5th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Then I'm sure you'll love season four since over half the episodes will be crossovers. More power to ya. ;) Me? I prefer to original and unique show we were promised and I don't feel that we can have those when so much time is spent reminding us about SG-1.

The Character is not a crossover, and if you really think that your just looking for ways to bring down ideas, if you don't like it don't watch it. SC will be able to bring a sense of competition to the expedition, putting her on a pedestal will drive RM insane and being of equal rank to JS allows a conflict of opinion...

Seriously Shadow, if you have an issue here's a tissue **hands a tissue**

ShadowMaat
April 5th, 2007, 06:14 PM
That has to be one of the most pathetic lines I've heard in a while. LOL!

Back on topic, I'm still not convinced this "ep idea" is a good one. As I said, even disregarding the whole "flashback of fighting the Goa'uld" thing it seems too... done. In Phantoms, to be specific.

Would there be a reason for it? Or does he just randomly wig out? What's the reason for getting cut off? What's the reason for thinking Atlantis has fallen? Can other gates be reached? Can Atlantis be reached through those other gates? Does anyone on the other worlds know what's happening? Can people from Atlantis dial out? What's the purpose to any of it and what kind of resolution is there supposed to be? Or is it just to watch some guy wig out and fight his way through his own base, hurting and possibly killing his own people?

Also, personally speaking I can't see the chain of command "breaking down." Not unless Atlantis is out of reach for MONTHS from every accessible gate. Or, rather, the Alpha Site itself is the one cut off from everywhere for months. Because if it was just a case of Atlantis itself being out of reach I should think there would be steps that could be taken. Caldwell is making regular trips back and forth. If something genuinely happened to Atlantis I should think the Alpha Site would be the fallback point. There'd be a ship in orbit eventually. Even if the Daedalus had fallen with Atlantis Earth would be sure to send another ship out to see what happened and they, too, would likely check in at the Alpha Site. And if the Alpha Site could reach other gates it'd be simplicity itself to do recon and gather any needed supplies, maybe even find a way to get a message to someone- either Atlantis or Earth itself.

And if there are any puddle jumpers available to them that'd increase the possibilities.