This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ep idea for season 4

I really liked the concept behind the SG1 ep. "The Other Guys" and thought an ep. based around the other members of the expedition would be interesting to see.

So heres my idea...

It all takes place on the SGA Alpha Site, a something happens to the gate on a routine check in with Atlantis and the gate shuts down and the Alpha Site can't dial Atlantis. The chain of command begins to break down as a rumor of Atlantis being distorted starts to spread and the base is put under lock down. One man, a veteran of the SGC starts having vivid flash backs of being held captive by the Goa'uld and starts fighting his way through the base looking for escape.

so yeah...not a great story I know but I think it has alot of good elements like being able to see off world bases in Pegasus , face time of other members of the expedition , it would be a nice Gate tech based ep, and for those of us wanting to feel some nostalgia a good old dose of Goa'uld hospitality
    Last edited by All hail the USAF; 01 April 2007, 02:33 PM.
    McKay:...ZedPM
    O'Neill: Zed?
    Jackson: He's Canadian
    O'Neill: I'm sorry

Originally posted by All hail the USAF View Post
    I really liked the concept behind the SG1 ep. "The Other Guys" and thought an ep. based around the other members of the expedition would be interesting to see.

So heres my idea...

It all takes place on the SGA Alpha Site, a something happens to the gate on a routine check in with Atlantis and the gate shuts down and the Alpha Site can't dial Atlantis. The chain of command begins to break down as a rumor of Atlantis being distorted starts to spread and the base is put under lock down. One man, a veteran of the SGC starts having vivid flash backs of being held captive by the Goa'uld and starts fighting his way through the base looking for escape.

so yeah...not a great story I know but I think it has alot of good elements like being able to see off world bases in Pegasus , face time of other members of the expedition , it would be a nice Gate tech based ep, and for those of us wanting to feel some nostalgia a good old dose of Goa'uld hospitality
    Im not too sure i like the idea of mimicking sg1 episodes however i agree somemore offworld stuff would be great more wraith also and less asruans lol

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
      Im not too sure i like the idea of mimicking sg1 episodes however i agree somemore offworld stuff would be great more wraith also and less asruans lol
      I'm sorry I mis "spoke"...I didn't mean mimic the events of The Other Guys or even the spirit that the ep. had. I mean I'd like to see something thats focuses on the other teams....it would be a very very dark episode.

Comment

I would love to see and Episode where Lorne's team go through to a planet of Wraith Worshippers, where they attempt to investigate the heirachy of Wraith society and look for the weakness found by Aurora, they find that the biological nature of Wraith tech makes it vunerable to certain bacteria and the attempt to get the infor back leads them captive to a Wraith Worshipping High Priest (Wraith or Human) who demand to know there origins, finding that Atlantis still exists they try to gate there, but can't get a lock (Asuran Satellite) so to take a ship results in a 3 way war between The Wraith, The Asurans, The Humans.

It's a nice setup, allows John and Rod to do the whole gotta save Lorne thing, gives the wraith some screen time with the basis of their society, ties the two enemies together (much like season 8 sg1 Replicators v Goa'uld) and sets up for a two parter for mid season.

What do we think?
        The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

It would be a good ep only to see recuring charictors like lorne and zelenka and chuck some other charictors who has been in a few ep aswell but none of the main cast at all
          sigpic
          Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
          Metal gear fan

Comment

This one's gonna drive people up the wall: What about Felger going to Atlantis?

*Braces for impact*

Comment

Originally posted by Kanten View Post

*Braces for impact*
              what he follows carter? It wouldn't work him coming to atlantis, Mckay would eat him alive
              Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                what he follows carter? It wouldn't work him coming to atlantis, Mckay would eat him alive
                That'd be part of the fun though. Plenty of gadgets for him to break (), and a nonexistant triangle between him, Rodney, and Sam. It couldn't be nearly as bad as The Tower.

Comment

*Braces for impact*
                  Yeah, why not? I'd have liked to see more of him.
                  sigpic
                  "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

*Braces for impact*
                    me too i would like to see him again hopefully we will

Comment

So we get to have an SG-1 themed ep based off an SG-1 ep? For Atlantis?

SG-1 is over. The Goa'uld are over. The "having flashbacks about the Goa'uld" thing has already been done, but to be honest, even changing it to flashbacks about the Wraith would still make it feel too familiar, in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                        So we get to have an SG-1 themed ep based off an SG-1 ep? For Atlantis?

SG-1 is over. The Goa'uld are over. The "having flashbacks about the Goa'uld" thing has already been done, but to be honest, even changing it to flashbacks about the Wraith would still make it feel too familiar, in my opinion.
                        so....just because SG-1 is over we pertend like the milky way and wa witht he Goa'uld never happend? come on lot of the people in Atlantis have records witht the SGC and have seen combat and it's not like all that just goes away now that there in another galaxy

Comment

I don't care, quite frankly. And I've seen the excuse of "they take place in the same universe" and "they share the same history" as excuses for- in my opinion- diluting Atlantis and destroying its integrity by weighing it down with stories and characters from SG-1. We've already had far too many crossovers for my taste and now we're getting a massive 14-ep "crossover" character in season 4 as well as appearances from one or two others. I'm sick and tired of watching SG-1 when I tune in to see Atlantis.

Comment

Heck I personally like the crossover episodes. They show an amount of conherence between the two universes and brings them together. I loved the pegasus project.

A very wise man once said...."Reality is an illusion created by a lack of Alcohol."

Comment

Then I'm sure you'll love season four since over half the episodes will be crossovers. More power to ya. Me? I prefer to original and unique show we were promised and I don't feel that we can have those when so much time is spent reminding us about SG-1.

Comment

Working...
                              X