Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michael Shanks in 8 Episodes of Season 4! (April Fool's)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Michael Shanks in 8 Episodes of Season 4! (April Fool's)

Reports from Scifi-fans Inc. a fan group based in Washington D.C has given reports that Michael Shanks will be reprising his role of Doctor Jackson from the hit series Stargate SG-1 in the upcoming season 4 of the Spin-off Stargate Atlantis.

Shanks was quoted saying "I've been talking with Brad [Wright] for a while now and he has told me that Martin [Gero] has a really huge arc that will surprise all the Atlantis fans, I won't say too much but it will involve Daniel and a friend now thought to be lost makes a strange return...It's an 8 episode deal with cameos in 2 of those 8, so for all the big fans of both shows will hopefully get a real kick out of this"

Shanks' publicist Terri Miller made a statement only this afternoon saying that Shanks' role will be of Dr Jackson, he will be playing a major part of an arc of a war in Season 4 of Stargate Atlantis.

Shanks will make his return to Season 4 in the Episode currently labelled as Tabula Rasa, set for Episode 6 of Season 4

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    Last edited by Maltrancko; 01 April 2007, 01:51 AM. Reason: update of news
    The Advertisements MGM never wants you to see!!

Comment

So what do we all think guys? I say this is awesome news!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maltrancko View Post
        So what do we all think guys? I say this is awesome news!!!
        Well its April and i see an attempt to Fool here...

Comment

I'm too nice for that and when I saw this I had to post it!!

Comment

April fools joke

I don't think MS is that interested in appearing on SGA and is more interested in moving on (like his upcoming guest role on 24)

Comment

Sure Any sources for this then?

Comment

Yup, It'd be amazing, but so was the news that Christopher Eccleston was going to be in Smallville as Zod, guess what day THAT piece of news came out? Sorry, but I'll believe it tomorrow

Plus Shanks seemed unwilling to appear in S11 (he was the only one who hadn't signed on at the time the cancellation was announced), so this does seem a little unlikely.
                Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
                - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

If its true....WOW!!! season 4 is sounding better and better! I cant wait!
                  sigpic
                  By *E*K*R*

Comment

Is it April 1st or something? Oh wait, yes it is.
                    sigpic
                    "Ce qui ressemble a l'amour est toujours de l'amour." - Tristan Bernard

Comment

At first I thought: No! Amanda is enough thanks.

Then I read what it would involve, and thought hmm, it could work, as it seems he would actually be an important part of an Atlantis arc, not just there for the sake of it (and the friend who maakes a strange return sounds cool too, as well as the 'war' arc thing)

Then I realised it was April fools day.

Comment

It's a pity this had to be revealed on April Fools Days, because I actually liked this idea.

I would love to see Atlantis get a long arc for a change, rather than just a 4 or 5 season finale/intro arc.

sigpic

Comment

I heard that s4 will be centred alot more around arcs. And wasn't there talk of a war arc too?

Comment

give me the link then i belive you

but it is a April fool is it not
                            sigpic

So now that is why I call you names, like Carol, Jane and Sue. Like Moesha, Kim and Lilly and Susanne and Betty-Lou. See, regardless of the names I pick, my feelings are quite clear; you're a pain in every day of every month of every year.

Dr.cox Scrubs

Comment

I suspect,given the date, that this is a feeble attempt at humour. It's quite a cruel thing to do, there are many people on this board, fans of Daniel/MS who no doubt would have been delighted at this 'news'. Fans, not as jaded as the rest of us, who would take this at face value.

If true, I'm not sure how I would feel...I love D/MS but have already given up watching Atlantis because of all of the changes next season. I don't believe the show needed SG1 actors, whoever they may be. It could have and should have been left to stand or fall on its own.

Odd, that if true, MS didn't mention anything at last weeks convention.
                              sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Working...
                              X