This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sister ships to atlantis..

OK. We know there was at least one sister ship to atlantis, as seen in the Tower from season 2..
    Do you think there might be others?? If so, how many?

Well it is quite possible that their were others. But they were most likely destroyed in the Wraith-Ancient War.
    Disliked a recent episode?
    Hate the current season Stargate Atlantis or SG1?
    The writers killed off your favourite character?

Well suck it up Cupcake. It is only a Television Show.

Comment

It's been mentioned more than once that the Ancients liked to think big. So yeah, I'm pretty certain that at the peak of their civilization, they probably had at least a small fleet of city ships, considering the fact that they were supposed to have been an intergalactic superpower.

Although it's more than likely that the bulk of them were either destroyed or abandoned and eventually fell into complete disrepair as the Wraith continued to gain ground throughout the Pegasus galaxy.

Comment

One known ex-sister city was Anthos, on the planet they first encountered the anthosians. So that's 3 known cities

Comment

I have a theory that there are in fact many Atlantis's, but only one city ship. Let me Explain, atlantis is 5,000,000 years old, no ship can be that old and still be intact, even with super materials, shields, whatever..it just wouldnt be around for that long. Now my Thoery is that the Ancients built city ships to replace atlantis, every few thousand years, say every 50k years, the older version was used elsewhere and the new version kept atlantis up to date with all the current technological developments.
          The Tower, the Athosian place and any others we may find are old Atlantis's. The Tower was falling apart, literally, the drone were in a very odd storage system, the ZPM was depleted practically, there was no shield. It was a relic, but it could have been an old atlantis class ship that was put in to a ancient shipbreakers yard.
          The Oldest ancient ships, like the origional version are probley destroyed entirely by the wraith/other natural disaters/old age. So we wont find them, but the later replacements, within the last 500k years, we might be able to find. That leaves 6 out there to find somewhere in different states of disrepair.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

That's a pretty good point. I mean, how many of the people here have upgraded/updated their PC or car in the past 12 months? Extrapolate that to 5m years. There's no way they could have the same physical city.

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
            Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Its possible that there might be a Atlantis type city ship hide some where in the Milky Way Galaxy. It could have been flown back during the war, but highly unlikely.
              sigpic
              "We are the Fifth Race. Our role is clear. If there is any hope in preserving the future, it lies with us."
              Signature made by RJB

Comment

Actually its not..we know of at least 2 ancient outposts in the MW, now outpost are IMO landing pads for ancient city ships, just like the Pyramids and the Hatak. Now if thats true then there could be hundreds of outposts, and many resting places of city ships.
                The could be anywhere, in a void, on the seabed of other planets. Cloaked...i dont think there will be any full opperation city ships, with 3 ZPM, shield and all the rest but there could be city ship hulls.
                And that IMO is better. for one reason, the asgard. Imagine if we could upgraded with Asgard tech an atlantis class cityship. Asgard shields, weapons, power sources, beaming technology and hyperdrive...on an atlantis class hull. It would be a massive show of how far we have come.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

I doubt there are many more city ships out there. As far as we know only one city ship Atlantis left the MW and while there were obviously at least 1 more built in Pegasus i doubt any survived the war in any useable shape. Installing asgard tech on such a large scale would be difficult anyway but when the ships hull is falling apart it becomes pretty impossible without a ship yard.
                  Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                    One known ex-sister city was Anthos, on the planet they first encountered the anthosians. So that's 3 known cities
                    There is no sure, that city in Athosian was city-ship. Like in Trinty, there was Ancient city with out ship.

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                    I have a theory that there are in fact many Atlantis's, but only one city ship. Let me Explain, atlantis is 5,000,000 years old, no ship can be that old and still be intact, even with super materials, shields, whatever..it just wouldnt be around for that long. Now my Thoery is that the Ancients built city ships to replace atlantis, every few thousand years, say every 50k years, the older version was used elsewhere and the new version kept atlantis up to date with all the current technological developments.
                    The Tower, the Athosian place and any others we may find are old Atlantis's. The Tower was falling apart, literally, the drone were in a very odd storage system, the ZPM was depleted practically, there was no shield. It was a relic, but it could have been an old atlantis class ship that was put in to a ancient shipbreakers yard.
                    The Oldest ancient ships, like the origional version are probley destroyed entirely by the wraith/other natural disaters/old age. So we wont find them, but the later replacements, within the last 500k years, we might be able to find. That leaves 6 out there to find somewhere in different states of disrepair.
                    All Ancient outpost (was that right write) are fine, there is no tooth of time seeing. (like we say here).
                    Asgard in memoriam

Comment

The ancient outpost wasnt fine, one was under a lava flow and the other was under a mile of Ice. They may have worked but they werent exactly in brilliant coondition. And im sure atlantis suffered from Wear and tear.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

I have to agree if there are any more city ships out there they would take replicators to repair to any good version. And then the reps would just take the ship over. So realy there are probably one or two more city ships out there sitting under the ocean somewhere that might still be working but besides that first we would have to find them. And you have to know that Rodney has already tried checking the data base for any other city ships

GWRPG CHARACTERS

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                          The ancient outpost wasnt fine, one was under a lava flow and the other was under a mile of Ice. They may have worked but they werent exactly in brilliant coondition. And im sure atlantis suffered from Wear and tear.
                          Proclarush Taonas was his lifetime end, that have nothing do with Ancients and Antacticas outpost where frozen only outsize.
                          Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Its entirely possible that there are more cityships out there. you know what they say, "where theres one, theres bound to be more than one....."

why would a race like the ancients, who existed for who knows how many millions of years and colonised at least two galaxys only have one cityship?

Comment

Exactly the ancients lived for 50 million year. 50million! Even if they replaced their starships/fleet every 500k years there are still 100 ancient fleets out there...somewhere.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X