Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asgard technology synthesize! Its Power!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asgard technology synthesize! Its Power!

WARNING SPOILERS!
    Spoliers Below about "Unending"

i was just thinking about the Asgard technology synthesize which O'neills mind used to make the replicator gun and Sam used in "unending" to make stuff for everyone.

Now we know it makes stuff using i belive its material code

Right.

So Question 1: Could you use it to make an animal or your very own creature or plant of your own design? I mean Sam used it to make food which is organic and living (Salt being the only thing we eat which at some stage was not alive). I mean Landry must have got all them seeds from somewhere to start his greenhouse?
    There4 i would make by very own Dragon or a T-rex!

Question 2: Think of how much power that one singal device can give you. I mean you will be like God! being able to make almost anything you want!
    Guns, Gold bars, offical money, diamonds, oil!

Question 3: Could a large scale one be made to make space ships as that would be cool. You design your ship in the computer. Like as if you was doing CGI only to the detail then press a button and BAM! 1 ship
    Last edited by MechaThor; 31 March 2007, 06:21 AM.
    sigpic
    Banner Made By Me for Me
    The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Ever heard of
    Spoiler:
    spoilers?

And it's not that easy

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

I highly doubs ships and animals could be created from it and the asgard could have created the perfect body for themselves instead of the dying ones they had.

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
        So Question 1: Could you use it to make an animal or your very own creature or plant of your own design? I mean Sam used it to make food which is organic and living (Salt being the only thing we eat which at some stage was not alive). I mean Landry must have got all them seeds from somewhere to start his greenhouse?
        There4 i would make by very own Dragon or a T-rex!
        I would advise making a proper cage first, before your creation finds out you're edible.

Question 2: Think of how much power that one singal device can give you. I mean you will be like God! being able to make almost anything you want!
        Guns, Gold bars, offical moneu, diamonds, oil!
        It would have to be something that would justify the device's enormous power consumption. There's no point in making gold bars if the energy consumed is ten times more expensive than the gold produced.

Question 3: Could a large scale one be made to make space ships as that would be cool. You design your ship in the computer. Like as if you was doing CGI only to the detail then press a button and BAM! 1 ship
        Again, what kind of power requirements would such a device have?
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Power is powered by a naq generator so that's all on the bill of the US government hehe. Let's make some gold to stash in my lunchbox

But yes this thing would be incredibly powerful, you could create the fastest CPU on he world, simply because there is no manufacturing process!

Comment

what about ZPMs? and drones?

Comment

Originally posted by SG-17 View Post
              what about ZPMs?
              1st law of thermodynamics, ie concervation of energy. This law means that you can't produce a ZPM which is full, because you'd have to fill it with zeropoint energy, which then is insane because you'd need a ZPM to fill another ZPM.

Comment

drones can be easy to make with the asgard matter tech since all they would need is scan it and replicate it
                sigpic

Comment

Law of Conservation of Matter - During an ordinary chemical change, there is no detectable increase or decrease in the quantity of matter.

The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.

The total quantity of matter and energy available in the universe is a fixed amount and never any more or less.

Its universal
                  Visit my Website

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
                    Law of Conservation of Matter - During an ordinary chemical change, there is no detectable increase or decrease in the quantity of matter.

The Law of Conservation of Energy states that energy cannot be created or destroyed, but can change its form.

The total quantity of matter and energy available in the universe is a fixed amount and never any more or less.

Its universal
                    In the show we've seen OUR most trusted laws of the universe proved wrong.(I believe it was the Tollan) so maybe those don't matter at all. Just a thought, I'm no McKay

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                      1st law of thermodynamics, ie concervation of energy. This law means that you can't produce a ZPM which is full, because you'd have to fill it with zeropoint energy, which then is insane because you'd need a ZPM to fill another ZPM.
                      Well first off, in order to create a ZPM in the asgard synthesizer, I would assume that you have to be able to know how to make it first. If we already knew how to make it, we wouldn't need the synthesizer, so either way, I would gander to say no ZPMs. As for creating a full ZPM, I am guessing at this, that once you create the ZPM, it then creates it's own part of subspace to pull energy from. So when they are created, there is no energy, and when it activates, THEN it pulls energy from subspace. Please correct if I'm wrong...

Comment

Originally posted by Dutch_Razor View Post
                        Power is powered by a naq generator so that's all on the bill of the US government hehe. Let's make some gold to stash in my lunchbox
                        I thought we were talking about profitable production of things. There are easier methods of stealing from the government, you know- like beaming out the gold bars they keep in Fort Knox.

Or you could just cheat in taxes.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Congerking View Post
                          As for creating a full ZPM, I am guessing at this, that once you create the ZPM, it then creates it's own part of subspace to pull energy from. So when they are created, there is no energy, and when it activates, THEN it pulls energy from subspace. Please correct if I'm wrong...
                          Again.. we have no idea about that, except that it's an "universe in a bottle". Logically it means that it indeed has an miniature universe inside it, where it derives it's energy from.
                          There are 2 different logical scenarios to get an universe into a bottle or contaminent vessel:
                          1) Take a part of our own space time and stuff it into a "bottle" where it doesn't intearct with our own space time any more.
                          2) Artificially create one into a "bottle", which is completely separated from our own space time from the beginning.
                          Again.. this is most difficult thing to do.. Even explaining it is difficult.

Hey.. I just realized that creating artificial universe into a bottle, in order to extract vaccuum energy from it doesn't follow laws of physics, which were pointed out previously in this thread... So here's the problem: Where does the vaccuum energy come to the "micro-universe in a bottle"? Is it created from nothing??

Comment

Originally posted by Semmer View Post
                            Again.. we have no idea about that, except that it's an "universe in a bottle". Logically it means that it indeed has an miniature universe inside it, where it derives it's energy from.
                            There are 2 different logical scenarios to get an universe into a bottle or contaminent vessel:
                            1) Take a part of our own space time and stuff it into a "bottle" where it doesn't intearct with our own space time any more.
                            2) Artificially create one into a "bottle", which is completely separated from our own space time from the beginning.
                            Again.. this is most difficult thing to do.. Even explaining it is difficult.

Hey.. I just realized that creating artificial universe into a bottle, in order to extract vaccuum energy from it doesn't follow laws of physics, which were pointed out previously in this thread... So here's the problem: Where does the vaccuum energy come to the "micro-universe in a bottle"? Is it created from nothing??
                            Lol i would now like to see an episode where the Atlantis team somehow end up in a micro universe in a bottle within a ZPM. Lol it could be some starnge messed up place where every1 is crazy! It also kinda reminds me of the ends of men in black inwhich are universe is the Cats eye within a marble.

Anyways i am sure if you already have a ZPM and scan it into the Synthesizer you could then duplicate a ZPM as after all the ZPM itsself is just material like anyother. However the energy part may be an issue however if you can make air and living plant seeds i am sure energy cannot be that hard.
                            sigpic
                            Banner Made By Me for Me
                            The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Here's the screw- you can reassemble molecules to make matter, but I don't imagine you can create atoms (such as gold, an element)

Comment

Working...
                              X