This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intar Knives?

Ok, from what we've seen in Rules of Engagement, and Proving Ground, intar weapons are training weapons firing the red blast thing. Now from what I remember from 'Rules of Engagement' they can take the form of any weapon. So what would happen if it could take the form of a knife, how would that work?

I think the Ihntars are only intended to replace projectile and staff weapons. Basically, anything that fires something.
    They only stun because the projectile, whatever it may be, is replaced by the ihntar's small red blast.

A knife is a direct contact weapon so unless the Ihntar variety was made of rubber it would be just as deadly as a real one.

Comment

Is possible that the blade would take a lightsabre like form that would stun on contact perhaps?

Spoiler:

Carter?

Sir, this is the 5th incoming wormhole in the last hour & a half

Ok, I'm here 2 hours early, when did you get here?

I... haven't left yet

Carter, didn't I ORDER you to get a life?

---------------------------------------------------

A fools paradise is a wise mans prison

Never judge a book by it's cover

One mans ceiling is another mans floor

Never...run with sissors?

Comment

Originally posted by .jolinar. View Post
        Is possible that the blade would take a lightsabre like form that would stun on contact perhaps?

A cool thought, but probably difficult to actually create.

Also keep in mind that you have to be thinking realistically but also in Stargate terms. They have just discovered some of the most advanced technology in the universe so hand to hand combat is probably pretty low on their list right now.
        www.theamericanright.com

A website by the people, for the people.

Comment

I read the title of this thread and fell off my chair laughing

Comment

If they do exist, they'd be like Merlin's Black Knight's Holo-Sword.
            sigpic
            "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
            ~David Hewlett

Comment

Or the Futurama police lightsaber battons, or more accurately, a Demolition Man stun batton. Just a tap to the head and out the person goes.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
                If they do exist, they'd be like Merlin's Black Knight's Holo-Sword.
                That actually might be something to emulate for stun style melee weaponry... But i wonder what the power requirement would be.

Comment

It could be a hologramatic blade which looks real until you try stab someone with it. There4 only the handle is real witha little red light in the tip.

you could also makes loads of other ones like intar
                  Crossbows
                  Tribents
                  ninja stars
                  nunchucks
                  swords
                  battle axes and maces.

Originally posted by Jimbo-DR View Post
                  A cool thought, but probably difficult to actually create.

Also keep in mind that you have to be thinking realistically but also in Stargate terms. They have just discovered some of the most advanced technology in the universe so hand to hand combat is probably pretty low on their list right now.
                  I don't know A ninja could always beat a trechnologically advanced alien i recon plus hand to hand is gd 4 cool and great 4 the rateings XD
                  sigpic
                  Banner Made By Me for Me
                  The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I wouldn't understand how you could stab someone with an Intar Knife and not hurt them very badly, or kill them.

: Green is Good.
                    sigpic I NEED MORE POWER!!!

Comment

Intar knives could work like tasers. They would not be sharp, but when it comes in contact with something, it releases the "intar red energy thingy" and stuns your opponent. Just because they are "knives" doesn't mean they have to be sharp!
                      sine sine cosine sine,
                      three point one four one five nine!
                      Originally posted by Brad Wright Q&A on Mallozzi's Blog
                      [in response to a question about fan reaction to SGA's cancellation]

Wright: You guys are actually pretty predictable (take no offense, most fan groups are). Unfortunately, you represent a very small portion of the actual viewing audience we need for financial success.
                      This is the reality. Accept it.

Comment

Working...
                      X