This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

s5's Best Five Moments

Are there any moments that make you want to give a great big kiss to one of the Writers, Actors, FX folk, Directors...

Moments I'm fond of include:

Teal'c knocked down in the snow by Bra'tac, Threshold
    Janet points the gun at Nirrti, Rite of Passage
    Teal'c hits Jack and we realise something's *very* wrong, Enemies
    Sam cries for Daniel, Meridian
    "Which end do the bullets go in?" Daniel inspects his knife in The Sentinel

Madeleine

My Season 5 Favorites:

1. Jack having to shoot Teal'c. - Enemies

2. Teal'c choosing Freedom. - Threshold

3. Cut off message from Narim about the Tollan being wiped out. - Between Two Fires

4. Jack shooting Reese. - Menace

5. Daniel ascending. - Meridian
    Games 'n Stuff

Comment

Season five, what can you say? There were some pretty emotional moments in this season, to say the least. Yep.

1. A furious Jack attacks Malchus after having just witnessed two people die and the rocket get destroyed. ~ Red Sky
      2. Jack and Daniel's bargaining skills (or lack there of, whichever way you want to look at it) with Travell in Between Two Fires. "How many would you require?"
      3. The reactions of each team member after poor Joe steps into the gateroom wearing a suit. ~ 2001
      4. Daniel throwing himself through the window in Meridian.
      5. Tied. 5.1. Sam, picking up Daniel's glasses and his note book. 5.2. Jack, silently cleaning and assemling his weapon, on board the Teltak. ~ Revelations
      Shin ~ def. A device for finding furniture in the dark.

Comment

here is my top 5:
        1- tealc´s visions in Threshold
        2- joe coming into the gateroom and wearing a suit in 2001
        3- daniel´s "death" in Meridian
        4- the whole tollana conspiracy and tanith showing up in Between two fires
        5- sam/mckay dialogues in 48 hours

Comment

1. Janet holding Niirti at gunpoint. Rite of Passage
          2. "I'm glad to know we have an archeologist guarding our back." "Which end do the bullets go in?" The Sentinal
          3. Hammond all alone in the SGC. Fail Safe
          4. "I can see my house!" Fail Safe
          5. Sam closing the iris on the biobomb. 2001

Comment

1. Finding out where the replicators originated (Menace)
            2. Seeing flashbacks of Teal'c life, and learning more about why he helped SG-1 in Children of the Gods (Threshold)
            3. Wait, the Goa'uld is still alive, and IN the creature?! (The Tomb)
            4. Jackson shooting out the window, and diving in to save the day. (Meridian)
            5. The borrowed Russian DHD blowing up, and Daniel saying 'well, that didn't happen in any of the simulations' (48 Hours)
            O'Neill: "Well, we'll just have to cross that bridge when we come to it."
            Bra'tac: "No, the bridge is too well guarded."

Comment

In the order they aired.

Enemies – love the run-n-gun sequence with the Replicators.

Ascension – Teal’c: “I have read of a place where humans do battle in a ring of Jell-O.” Jack: “Call Daniel.”

Last Stand – the System Lords having a little snake…um I mean snack.

Last Stand – Lt Elliot sacrifices himself so the others can escape.

Meridian – Jack refusing to let Daniel’s name be tarnished.
              Last edited by LoneStar1836; 25 September 2004, 11:49 PM. Reason: wrong ep name
              IMO always implied.

Comment

1. "The HELL you are! Relinquish your weapons!" — The Fifth Man

2. There is an incident with the goa'uld. — Revelations

3. Three Asgard ships arrive to save the day. — Revelations

4. Carter falls through the gate. — 2001

5. Freyr arrives on Earth by stargate and informs Hammond and SG-1 that Thor is dead. — Revelations
                "You've read our mission files: we go through the gate, get into trouble, get out of it, and we go home."
                ~Major Samantha Carter

Comment

* Daniels.."Yes you go down the dark hall alone and I'll stay in the dark room alone" line to The Tomb...I just loved that...
                  * Jack's "Carter I can see my house"....so Jack O'Neill
                  * The scene at the end of Menace with Daniel and Jack, both did such a wonderful job of acting in that scene!
                  * The Joe's shoe scene in 2001...
                  * "Aren't you being a little hard on them", "Turn that thing off", "sorry" in Proving Ground...Daniel's flanged voice was great.....

I could mention a lot of stuff from Meridian, while I hated what happened (only SG-1 ep to ever make me cry) I have to say that the show was well acted and directed from top to bottom. Everyone did such a wonderful job...Daniel's explination of what was going to happen to him in the next few hours, everyone visiting Daniel and telling him how much he means to them, Daniel's "I don't know" to Jack's "where are you going" question....like I said in some respects my least favorite episode, but at the same time one of the best SG-1 has ever done.

Comment

Working...
                  X