This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith in Season 3

Hopefully we'll have more wraith in season 4 they seemed to vanish for the best part of season 3, replaced with the rather boring asurans, cant say im that big a fan of them we've already dealt with them in sg1 feel like its just old news new scenarios.

I seriously doubt that anyone reading the season 4 forum would be worried about season 3 spoilers.

And I would also like to see more wraith.
    It would be really cool if we got an increase in ship production and got enough ships with decent weapons
    spoiler for sg1 10x20
    Spoiler:
    Not uber asgard ones like in unending, but just some human made asgard-type weapons that are moderately powerful

and had an all out war with the wraith.
    sigpic

Comment

That's the tough part about the SG series. It's generally humans vs a technologically superior foe, and you basically root for the SG teams to aquire better (alien) weaponry to kick their butts. That's pretty much the whole arc of SG-1. SGA allowed a 'reset' of sorts by cutting Atlantis off for so long, they were back to square one, once again forced to try to aquire better weapons (and ZPUs!) for use against the Wraith. If travel continues to be relatively easy between Earth and Altantis (either by ship or gate), that whole dynamic gets messed up.

Comment

I'd really like to see something with the humans being inferior, but still being formidable so the whole series isn't about running away and then having a deus ex machina at the end and becoming more powerful... so then they have to come up with an even more powerful enemy the next time, and eventually it just gets boring.

It would be cool to have us actually be able to put up a fight, but not always win.

in sg1 and atlantis it has always been:
        enemy is way more powerful than us, we manage to avoid them destroying us, they find a way to destroy us, but then we come up with something to save us and either destroy our enemy completely or buy ourselves some more time... then our advantage gets negated so we can't use it to kill them all, and we start over.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by chilapox3 View Post
          I seriously doubt that anyone reading the season 4 forum would be worried about season 3 spoilers.
          Theres always someone there to complain bout there being spoilers myself included, was just covering my ass.

Comment

I too hope for more Wraith in Season 4.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Well, TPTB have hinted that we might see the return of the Wraith from 'Common Ground' in S4, so that's more than good enough for me even if they don't appear in too many episodes in that season as a whole.

Comment

We are going to get more Wraith in Season 4, so sayeth Executive Producer Joe Mallozzi. If you don't trust him, read this snippet from Andee Frizzell (aka. the Wraith Queen(s))'s blog:

At the convention a lot of questions were asked about the future of the Wraith in the series. Again, I have no knowledge of the future of my so loved character and her species. I did however catch John Smith after his talk on stage. He gave me a great big hug and said," See you soon. We are doing a lot of Wraithing this season." Can I hold that as a confirmation of my continued existence as a character and as a species maybe yes, maybe no! We will all have to wait and see!
                http://blog.andeefrizzell.com/

Comment

I am happy that there is a chance for more Wraith this season. I was really dissappointed with the lack of Wraithing going around in Season 3. I don't know if I am really a fan of having these Replicator's around, as to me that is a SG-1 storyline. I would have rathered something a bit more newer, given they are in a whole other galaxy.
                  ...life is beautiful.

Comment

I really want to see that wraith help us out again maybe against micheals bug army or something and us helping him out too.. i wonder what the wraith call each other...

Wraith1: Hey wraith2
                    Wraith2: What do you want jackass?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord of Nightmares View Post
                      Well, TPTB have hinted that we might see the return of the Wraith from 'Common Ground' in S4, so that's more than good enough for me even if they don't appear in too many episodes in that season as a whole.
                      That would be pretty sweet, seeing that wraith again.

Comment

Originally posted by Atlantis Angel View Post
                        I am happy that there is a chance for more Wraith this season. I was really dissappointed with the lack of Wraithing going around in Season 3. I don't know if I am really a fan of having these Replicator's around, as to me that is a SG-1 storyline. I would have rathered something a bit more newer, given they are in a whole other galaxy.
                        Isnt that what i said lol

Comment

I'm hoping for a swift return of the Wraith but we don't know what the future hold with the events of "Unending".
                          Spoiler:
                          You know can we own them now?!?!
                          I actually like the Asuran storyline because it scary going against them. They're not only replicators, but they have late Lantean technology.Most importantly, I'm wondering will season 4 start before both SG1 movies are released???

By the way I think this is my 50th post.
                          I'm Jaffa Fodder now!

Comment

Wraith episodes:

No Man's Land
                            Misbegotten
                            Sateda
                            Common Ground
                            Submersion
                            Vengeance

Replicator episodes:

Progeny
                            Real World
                            Return 1
                            Return 2
                            First Strike

I dunno, technically there was still more Wraith this season. If anything there were too many standalones in Season 3. One of the biggest draws early in the series for me was the semi-continuous storyline in Season 1, which was something we never got too much of in SG-1. It's getting a bit too scattered now. It's looking like we'll be getting a continuous plot arc in the aftermath of First Strike though.

Comment

Originally posted by monkey_man132 View Post
                              I'm hoping for a swift return of the Wraith but we don't know what the future hold with the events of "Unending".
                              Spoiler:
                              You know can we own them now?!?!
                              I actually like the Asuran storyline because it scary going against them. They're not only replicators, but they have late Lantean technology.Most importantly, I'm wondering will season 4 start before both SG1 movies are released???

By the way I think this is my 50th post.
                              I'm Jaffa Fodder now!
                              lol hurray

Comment

Working...
                              X