The Sound of Drums (2912/312)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Missster Freeman
    You weren't knitting a scarf by any chance, Reefgirl?
    No a pair of socks, one of the first things I knitted down here on the South Coast was a scarf (I used to cycle to work and needed a long scarf) it got stretched longer over the years and became affectionaly known as my 'Dr Who scarf'

Comment

so what are peoples theories on what the metal ball things are? afterall the master did say that if the doctor knew what they wereit would break his hearts.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Well blessed screaming Atremis on a Gods-damned wholewheat cracker! What a corker of an ep that was!

"What this country needs, right now - is a Doctor..."

The aircraft carrier Valiant (oh God, my mate Cap'n Dave of the Glasgow based Sci-Fi group USS Valiant is gonna be so smug) looked like a cross between Captain Scarlet's Cloudbase (or Skybase if you watch the CGI cartoon) and Nick Fury's SHIELD heli-carrier from Marvel Comics. Looked bloody cool though.

And the return of UNIT! Hurrah! *performs Dance of Joy with extra emphatic pointy finger gestures*

Loved the sly wee winks to the Third and Fourth Doctors. During the scene where the Master/Saxon is meeting the US President, his long coat is lined with red silk - much like the opera cape the Third Doctor wore occasionally. Then just prior to the President making the worldwide broadcast about the Toclafane (or however you spell it), the Master/Saxon offers his "wife" a jelly baby - a bag of which the Fourth Doctor used to carry about with him all the time.

I may just 'splode from the sheer excitement of it all.
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          so what are peoples theories on what the metal ball things are? afterall the master did say that if the doctor knew what they wereit would break his hearts.
          The remains of Time Lords maybe?
          I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
          Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
            Loved the sly wee winks to the Third and Fourth Doctors. During the scene where the Master/Saxon is meeting the US President, his long coat is lined with red silk - much like the opera cape the Third Doctor wore occasionally. Then just prior to the President making the worldwide broadcast about the Toclafane (or however you spell it), the Master/Saxon offers his "wife" a jelly baby - a bag of which the Fourth Doctor used to carry about with him all the time.

I may just 'splode from the sheer excitement of it all.
            S I G BruTak! Good spot on the previous Doctor references, btw. I knew there was something familiar about the jacket the Master was wearing at the airfield. I totally missed the jellybaby line though.
            "Captain, you almost make me believe in luck."

Comment

So how on earth is the Doctor ever going to be able to fix the TARDIS? First of all her permanently fused the circuits (I guess it was the old girl he was talking to when he said sorry in Utopia) and now the Master has canabalised it into a paradox machine!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
                So how on earth is the Doctor ever going to be able to fix the TARDIS? First of all her permanently fused the circuits (I guess it was the old girl he was talking to when he said sorry in Utopia) and now the Master has canabalised it into a paradox machine!
                I feel really sorry for the doctor and his old friend.

Comment

Originally posted by mappalazarou View Post
                  The remains of Time Lords maybe?
                  Doubt it. The Master didn't know that the Time War had wiped out the Timelords.
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    Doubt it. The Master didn't know that the Time War had wiped out the Timelords.
                    Okay then, Daleks?
                    I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
                    Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I smirked at the Master offering his barking wife a jelly baby (She bit it in half *shudder*) I think the balls are the Gelf because the voices are the same, I actually said 'Gelf' when they first spoke, my daughter now thinks I'm nut's 'cos talking to the telly

Comment

2 words to sum this episode up.

[expletive] fantastic! the best episode of doctor who ever

Joe Mallozzi: "Like my grandmother used to say: Whenever a gate closes, a hyperspace window opens…"

Comment

What a good episode, shots of Gallifrey and a bit of Timelord history and society. The Master's mental torture (What did it feel like? You must've felt like a God!) of the Doctor was extremely amusing as were the shredding scenes of that reporter. Not to mention finally some info on the Time War.

I can't wait for next week's episode.
                          Signed,

Gregorius
                          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
                          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Some reasons I keep thinking they're his and his wifes kids. Don't ask me why. Umm, ooh, the Daleks?
                            Tappity-tap. Tappity-tap.
                            LOVE HIM-> DT
                            ~Proud Member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team~

Comment

i hope it isn't the daleks again.

Is there some big enemy from the old series we haven't seen yet?

Comment

Just had a thought - the Toclafane might be the Mechanoids...
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X